10 hours ago, RestInPeaceHBK said:

Figure to ask, any plans on making a Gen 9 addition to this/another mod or a separate gen 9 mod? I figure it'd take a while but looking at something to look forward to

definitely! im currently working on the PBS file for the pokemon, though it will take quite a while to add all the neew abilities/items/tms/moves

but when i'm done with the pokemone i'll do a first test (as long as the sprites are finished until then)

• Like 1

Wow that's awesome news love that you're on top of bug fixing problems btw currently doing my second run of reborn with your mod played a few years back and couldn't progress because it was incomplete love having access to many Pokémon as I don't follow the main line games anymore stopped at Black and White 2

Ps love your Mark pic

• Thanks 1

BUG REPORTs: So I beat the magic square, and got the Rusty Metal Box and took it to Silph Co., but then I couldn't figure out what to do next. The person at the desk just kept asking if I wanted an application. Want am I supposed to do exactly with the Rusty Metal Box?   

Edit: Looking at your code, it looks like you have the wrong switch set to turn on (you have 2247 Got Urshifite instead of 2248 Rusty Box).

Edit: So I corrected the switch and now it crashes when entering Meltan Room. Error says missing Data/Map911.rxdata. Sounds like that is map number for your other mod. Looks like it should be map 903 instead.

Edit: So I corrected Map number and got to the Meltan room, but the gate wouldn't open as it also had the wrong switch number associated with it (was like one too high or too low). I corrected it and got through. I then walked up, and then the screen started shaking like a big Pokémon was coming, but it never stopped. I eventually had to manually close my game. 

Edit: I found that the switch that was being activated when the shaking started was also one off. I corrected it and then was also able to finish the Meltan quest without issue.  

Edited by Jackcat

Just curious I found the Hisuian Growlithe just fine, but does the normal version also still appear at the same place? Haven't been able to find it there yet. Also, how do you set the custom encounters? I know about the encounter txt file, but like where do you set the percentages and the forms? @Fervis 

Edit: Nvm. Normal Growlithe finally showed up, but I am still curious on how encounter forms and percentages are set.  

Edited by Jackcat

besides the encounters.txt you can set the encounter rate for multiple forms in the same location, e.g. in the scripts (MultipleForms) you can make alternate forms and original forms having a 50/50 chance of encountering instead of putting them somewhere else

On 11/30/2022 at 5:16 PM, Interesting Name said:

What if I already have progress in the game, will this mess it up? Or do I have to restart the game to gain the new pokemon

I don't think it messed anything up when I tried it, but I deleted that save already so I can't tell you for sure. Also you might miss out on some new TMs depending on where your save is at.

41 minutes ago, Interesting Name said:

do any "important" battles include the eeveelutions, (gym leaders, elite 4, bosses)

Yup they do, also gen 8 mons and Hisuian forms as well, in fact pretty much every major battle up until E4 has an added mon. VR spirits, E4 and post game don't tho. Regular trainers don't have them as well.

Spoiler

For example:

Aya has Toxeon

Corey has Slowbro-G

Ace has Zoroark-H

Arclight has Mega Toxtricity

Edited by arritte

As I'm working on gen 9 I'll be a bit slower than usual with updates.

For now I updated the download for:

• meltan quest and event switches as mentioned above
  • you can also just unzip the attached folder and drag and drop it into your game folder (for less download size) 

• Expanding Force fix, though it actually worked beforehand on my side (remember that the user needs to be grounded on psychic terrain)

Also, regarding Gen 9, I ask you all whether you want them right after gen 8 (pokedex wise) or added as is right now, due to the eeveelutions changing the 'canon' dex numbers!

Data.zip

Hey! I just downloaded your mod today and, after downloading the patch and applying it, I was getting three error messages on startup. 

I then went to the pokemon reborn discord to ask for help and to find out whether I had messed up, or if others had the same problem. There I received help from Haru (I don't know if I should share their full discord tag, so I won't). They basically helped me understand the error message and guided me to look into the PokemonBattle_Battler.rb file for "def pbUseMove" and, upon finding it, I noticed thanks to Notepad++ that there was an 'end' missing at the bottom of the whole definition. By adding it the error messages go away and the game starts as normal.

The game also starts if you just click the messages away but I doubt it would function as intended. I haven't really tested it though, as I was a bit intimidated by said errors and wanted to fix them before I try to play the mod. 

So yeah, I believe there is a syntax error for def pbUseMove in PokemonBattle_Battler.rb in the current eeveelution patch folder that is available for download and I hope me sharing this was helpful-

Hey, I just went to do the new Meltan event and the gate won't open. The soud effect happens, but the gate stays shut. With debug mode I crossed it regardless, but at the end of the room the game gets stuck at a shaking screen and a noise (which I assume would be the time Melmetal comes). 

So...

Abilities for Hisuian mons got changed in gen 9 (and someone in the #reborn-mods channel is mad about this)

Would it be possible to make a small update that just updates Hisuian moves (e.g. Victory Dance is now +1atk/def/spe) + mons' abilities (e.g. Hisuian Arcanine has Rock Head instead of Justified, Hisuian Decidueye has Scrappy instead of Long Reach) before making the actual gen 9 patch?

14 hours ago, Lowman555 said:

Urshifu Rapid Style turns into Urshifu Strong Style after battle if it mega evolved in said battle.

\

I think that bluetowel might have fixed this issue in PoA.

MultipleForms.register(:SLOWBRO,{
"getMegaForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
   next 1 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:SLOWBRONITE) && pokemon.form==0
   next 3 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:SLOWBRONITE) && pokemon.form==2
   next 5 if isConst?(pokemon.item,PBItems,:SLOWBRONITE) && pokemon.form==4
   next
},
"getUnmegaForm"=>proc{|pokemon|
   next 0 if pokemon.form==1
   next 2 if pokemon.form==3
   next 4 if pokemon.form==5

Rapid-Strike is set as form 1, so you need to change the getUnmegaForm code to be 

next 0 if pokemon.form==2

next 1 if pokemon.form==4

i deleted the part of my game that handles the Unmega code so i'm gonna need to look through the eeveelution reborn patch again

This error is being caused by the fact that PokemonMultipleForms was mostly commented out and put into MultipleForms as of e19, and the unmega code is handled with "DefaultForm" instead of "UnmegaForm".

Also this bug happens with Dyna Toxtricity.

I have no idea how to fix this, but this is the actual devs' fault and not Fervis' fault.

Edited by Lucida
seriously why did you change the way the mega code is handled

29 minutes ago, Lucida said:

I have no idea how to fix this, but this is the actual devs' fault and not Fervis' fault.

def makeUnmega
    v=PokemonForms.dig(@species,:DefaultForm)
    self.form=v if v!=nil
    self.form=v[@item] if v.is_a?(Hash)
  end

owo what's this from inside fervis' nuclear mod?

PBSpecies::GYARADOS => {
    :FormName => {
            0 => "Normal",
            1 => "Mega",
            2 => "Nuclear",
            3 => "MegaNuke"
},

:DefaultForm => {
        PBItems::FUSIONREACTOR => 2,
        PBItems::GYARADOSITE => 0

},

Found the fix!

Well, Dyna Toxtricity is still broken even with this. But who even uses that lmao

On 12/2/2022 at 4:14 AM, Fervis said:

As I'm working on gen 9 I'll be a bit slower than usual with updates.

For now I updated the download for:

• meltan quest and event switches as mentioned above
  • you can also just unzip the attached folder and drag and drop it into your game folder (for less download size) 

• Expanding Force fix, though it actually worked beforehand on my side (remember that the user needs to be grounded on psychic terrain)

Also, regarding Gen 9, I ask you all whether you want them right after gen 8 (pokedex wise) or added as is right now, due to the eeveelutions changing the 'canon' dex numbers!

Data.zip 20.6 kB · 16 downloads

The data zip only contains two maps so there's no fix of the Expanding Force bug. I tried with Gardevoir with Psychic Terrain and Expanding Force.

Also:

1031203569_Screenshot2022-12-05055355.thumb.png.8283741a019fb856d158ebd9f6a4ff0a.png

@EyesOnKindred The map files are the fix for the Meltan quest issue only. Not sure about the Expanding Force bug fix. I'm guessing the fix for that would likely be in the most recent links on page 1.   

Edit: Yep, I just checked and the fix for Expanding Force bug is in the download links (at least it is in the patch file anyway, didn't check the other ones).

Edited by Jackcat

Bugs i found while looking through ability code:

Gulp Missile can be copied by Trace for some reason.

As One is copyable *and* suppressable/replaceable. This probably causes a crash if something that isn't Calyrex has it.

1 hour ago, Jackcat said:

@EyesOnKindred The map files are the fix for the Meltan quest issue only. Not sure about the Expanding Force bug fix. I'm guessing the fix for that would likely be in the most recent links on page 1.   

Edit: Yep, I just checked and the fix for Expanding Force bug is in the download links (at least it is in the patch file anyway, didn't check the other ones).

Ah thx❤️