Haru's Mod Depot Reborn

Haru,,

Getting the text of "[Pokemon Name] has no moves to learn!" 
I thought maybe it'd be an error where I've just now tried it out and it doesn't properly load any moves they've had, but even if the pokemon has learned moves while the mod was on the error text still persists. Overall love the idea of hotswapping movesets on the fly so if there's something that can be fixed that'd be great. If it makes a difference, I also have the SWM mods, just in case that's the cause of conflict. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A couple things in the Move Type Display mod:

- The type of Judgment/Multi-Attack is always shown to be the same as the current type of Arceus/Silvally. However, the moves actually consider the Plate/Memory held by the user above the form of the user. For example, if an Arceus holding Sky Plate rolls Ground type on New World, its Judgment will still be Flying-type, but the mod shows it as Ground-type. Although yeah, if it did not hold a Plate, then Judgment would be the same type as it (that's a Reborn-specific thing).

- Judgment, Multi-Attack and Techno Blast don't show any differences when on the moveset of Pokemon other than Arceus, Silvally and Genesect, respectively. These moves change their type according to the Plate/Memory/Drive held by the user even if it's not one of the Pokemon mentioned above. This is only relevant for very rare cases with Mimic or Transform etc. though, so not actually a problem.

Also the mod does not affect Natural Gift and Revelation Dance (and Aura Wheel), maybe you can add those too if possible? Thanks for this mod btw!

• 1 month later...
  • Developers
On 10/22/2022 at 3:03 PM, Karvanha said:

A couple things in the Move Type Display mod:

- The type of Judgment/Multi-Attack is always shown to be the same as the current type of Arceus/Silvally. However, the moves actually consider the Plate/Memory held by the user above the form of the user. For example, if an Arceus holding Sky Plate rolls Ground type on New World, its Judgment will still be Flying-type, but the mod shows it as Ground-type. Although yeah, if it did not hold a Plate, then Judgment would be the same type as it (that's a Reborn-specific thing).

- Judgment, Multi-Attack and Techno Blast don't show any differences when on the moveset of Pokemon other than Arceus, Silvally and Genesect, respectively. These moves change their type according to the Plate/Memory/Drive held by the user even if it's not one of the Pokemon mentioned above. This is only relevant for very rare cases with Mimic or Transform etc. though, so not actually a problem.

Also the mod does not affect Natural Gift and Revelation Dance (and Aura Wheel), maybe you can add those too if possible? Thanks for this mod btw!

Hi! Thanks for the reply! I do realize I coded them pretty rigidly. Despite having worked on the game for a fair bit at this point, I don't actually know what New World does/was aware of its exist when I coded it! Completely forgot about Natural Gift and Revelation Dance too, whereas I didn't even know Aura Wheel changed typing. As for the mons specifically, as far as I knew Judgment and Multi Attack only worked based off the ability which was hard coded to the Pokemon (hence why Multitype, RKS System, Disguise, etc are banned from the in-game randomizer), and assumed Techno Blast worked the same way. Thinking about it, I remember having used Judgment Sceptile in a randomizer once (maybe White 2?) and taking a plate to it to get it to be Ice type, so another oops. These probably won't be updated for a long time but they will be kept in mind!

• 2 months later...
On 11/24/2022 at 3:41 AM, Haru,, said:

Hi! Thanks for the reply! I do realize I coded them pretty rigidly. Despite having worked on the game for a fair bit at this point, I don't actually know what New World does/was aware of its exist when I coded it! Completely forgot about Natural Gift and Revelation Dance too, whereas I didn't even know Aura Wheel changed typing. As for the mons specifically, as far as I knew Judgment and Multi Attack only worked based off the ability which was hard coded to the Pokemon (hence why Multitype, RKS System, Disguise, etc are banned from the in-game randomizer), and assumed Techno Blast worked the same way. Thinking about it, I remember having used Judgment Sceptile in a randomizer once (maybe White 2?) and taking a plate to it to get it to be Ice type, so another oops. These probably won't be updated for a long time but they will be kept in mind!

Edited by NEELIM

• 1 year later...

Hi ! I don't know if this mod is still updated, but i have some suggestions to share with you. In the "AllGen" mod, Ogerpon has been added. Is it possible to add Ivy Cudgel typing following which mask Ogerpon is wearing ? Also, i've made it myself, but adding Dark type to Normal move that a pokemon with Duskilate is having ? Thanks a lot !

On 3/17/2024 at 9:44 PM, Oloxos said:

Hi ! I don't know if this mod is still updated, but i have some suggestions to share with you. In the "AllGen" mod, Ogerpon has been added. Is it possible to add Ivy Cudgel typing following which mask Ogerpon is wearing ? Also, i've made it myself, but adding Dark type to Normal move that a pokemon with Duskilate is having ? Thanks a lot !

Nevermind, after a couple of tries, I've made it myself