SWM E19 Modular Modpack

Waynolt

Hi all,

the SWM modpack is now updated for the E19 beta.

Will these work for Rejuv et similar too? Don't know. Maybe.

Anyway, a quick summary...

Mods that made it into E19:

Spoiler
  • ChooseStarter
  • EvOverflow
  • ItemRadar
  • LearnEggMoves
  • MiningForRich
  • NoTMXAnimations
  • PredictRelationshipValues
  • SharedPC
  • TypeBattleIcons

Mods that were included in the base game or are otherwise redundant:

Spoiler
  • BagSortByType
  • ExpShareFullTeam
  • FindInPC
  • ItemsBan
  • MultiSelectPC
  • NoTMXNeeded
  • PickupQoL
  • SetWeather
  • ShowStatBoosts
  • UnrealClock
  • UnrealTime
  • WildEncounterRates

Mods that will not be updated:

Spoiler
  • AAA: no reason to include this anymore - those who know already know, and the rest are being adviced to remove this first and end up not reading the readme anyway...
  • InfiniteBackups
  • LocalSavegames
  • Mouse: updating this one is too much of a pain for too little of a gain
  • NoHpAnimation

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sapsipperswagsire said:

The TypeBattleIcons add-on causes a game breaking bug during the first trainer battle at Obsidia slums when Mime Jr is sent out.

obsidiaslum_bug_swm.png

Ran into the same error, also had this happen with the trainer right outside the slums when his Pidgeotto hit my Pokemon with Whirlwind

1 hour ago, Vyrkyll said:

How does "SetWeather" work in ep19? It's not a password, and I can't figure out how to change it.

set weather is a password btw 

Spoiler

weathermod

also is wild encounter rates activatable through passwords or already in base game?

EDIT:

Spoiler

image.png.46f9ea523fe27f05877e902c92b762ac.png

oh

jasper btw

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, manogd said:

Hello, there appears to be a problem with using fairy-type pokemon while using the TypeBattleIcon mod. It leads to a crash.

6 hours ago, Gentleman Jaggi said:

Ran into the same error, also had this happen with the trainer right outside the slums when his Pidgeotto hit my Pokemon with Whirlwind

7 hours ago, sapsipperswagsire said:

The TypeBattleIcons add-on causes a game breaking bug during the first trainer battle at Obsidia slums when Mime Jr is sent out.

AAAAH I broke THE rule!
The rule is "no changes just before release, not even minor ones!!!"
And I broke it! 😢

Anyway, removed the extra dot from the script... should be fixed now 🥲

Shared Box is kinda bugged rn... It deleted a bunch of mons when I screwed up my timing

EDIT: Turns out, i tried to access the PC too soon in my new save

Edited by Bladeheart111x
realization

5 hours ago, Mike said:

image.png.951d8781969ce859431a47cf6f6bb5f1.png

I know, I already had asked for permission to upload the updated modpack.
It is indeed better for the dev team if everyone played without mods during testing, but since the first thing a few players did was to try to install a previous version of the mods in E19, imho it's by far better to let them use an actually compatible version that will not lead to horrible Frankenstein installations or to awful chimera savegames, like it has happened in the past.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, TheTimeWarden said:

The choose starter mod isn't working for me. I started a new save and the choose starter option doesn't show up in my party menu.

It's not in there any longer - now instead it asks if you want to change your starter when you open the party menu while in the starter room with 0 badges.

The starter room is detected as "the room you were in when you took the last step without having a party" - this is to increase the portability of the mod, but also means that returning to the starter room or installing the mod after choosing a starter will not activate it.

3 hours ago, Waynolt said:

It's not in there any longer - now instead it asks if you want to change your starter when you open the party menu while in the starter room with 0 badges.

The starter room is detected as "the room you were in when you took the last step without having a party" - this is to increase the portability of the mod, but also means that returning to the starter room or installing the mod after choosing a starter will not activate it.

This does not seem to actually work. In the actual starter room with no badges and no option to change the starter appears. Has this been tested with more than one save file? As I'm restarting from the beginning on save 2.

I used SWM mainly to change mons between saves. I'd like to bring some mons I had in E18 to the beginning of E19. So, if I start the game in E18, the mons are in the Shared Box, but when I start E19, the Shared Box is there, but empty. 

This was supposed to work? I used the same strategy between E17 and E18 and it worked.

Thanks since now 

1 hour ago, Trufa said:

I used SWM mainly to change mons between saves. I'd like to bring some mons I had in E18 to the beginning of E19. So, if I start the game in E18, the mons are in the Shared Box, but when I start E19, the Shared Box is there, but empty. 

This was supposed to work? I used the same strategy between E17 and E18 and it worked.

Thanks since now 

Why start 1 game in E18, and the other in E19? Just start both in E19.

4 hours ago, LordDarkfor said:

This does not seem to actually work. In the actual starter room with no badges and no option to change the starter appears.

Can you confirm whether the mods are actually being loaded?

Has this been tested with more than one save file? As I'm restarting from the beginning on save 2.

It has, and on multiple operating systems too (I tried Fedora and CentOS).
(By the way, has anyone noticed that the SharedBox file is no longer being saved in the Reborn savegame folder, but rather in a dedicated folder outside of it? This may have something to do with the effort to make the mods more portable, and it is possible it's to make it possible to have the innate ability to share a box with other Essential games too)