Rejuvenation Modpack (Follower Mod/Challenge Pack/Debug mode on key) [V13]

SmK

Hi everyone, I'm finally releasing the follower mod I've been working on.

Also, I'm releasing the updated version of the challenge pack (Originally released by Haru for V12 I guess. Also, haru is okay with that)

Just few notes before tossing the links :

Challenge Pack :

- I didn't "hard-tested" every features from the challenge pack, this means that you MIGHT encounter some bugs, however, I'll try my best to fix all the bugs that you might encounter, though the major features like nuzlocke or encounter randomizer will work almost perfectly fine.

Follower Mod :

- Regarding the follower mod, I replayed the first 3 chapters with this mod enabled, all the parts where you team up with someone don't break so IT MOST LIKELY won't break in the rest of the game.

- I added every overworld sprites from gen 1 to gen 8, obviously shinies sprites are from the canon games and weren't updated to the rejuv's custom shinies, it also misses some galar form as I didn't find them.

Also, I highly recommend that you make a backup of your game's file before installing the mods as the devs won't give you any form of support on the potential problems caused by the mods and please, don't report bugs that might have been caused by the mods to the devs, instead you can report those bugs below this post.

Updates :

Spoiler

All the updates are/will be listed here.

##09/09/2021 : 

*Follower Mod :

- Fixed a bug in which you couldn't use the golden wings with a hotkey while having the mod enabled.

- Fixed a bug in which you couldn't use the golden surfboard while having the mod enabled.

*Challenge Pack :

- Fixed a bug in which the game transferred the player to valor mt right after the intro if you pick Ana as your character.

##09/10/2021 : 

*Follower Mod:

- Fixed a bug in which the game tried to create an infinite amounts of Marianette following you when re-entering the Chrysalis Manor in chapter 3 (this patch includes new map files and you will most likely have to use a backup save before entering the chrysalis manor for the first time.)

##09/13/2021 :

*Challenge Pack :

- Fixed a bug in which the game crashed after a double wild battle while teaming up with another trainer and having trainer randomizer turned on.

##09/14/2021 :

*Challenge Pack :

- Fixed a bug in which you couldn't view your pokemons stats while having the ability randomizer on.

##09/15/2021 :

*Follower Mod :

- Changed some controls (especially the A key that was used by the mod and blocked group talk.).

##09/17/2021 :

*Challenge Pack :

- Fixed a bug in which the game crashes when you teamed up with some trainers while having the trainer randomizer turned on.

- Fixed a bug in which the abilities randomizer kept randomizing new abilities every time you restarted your game (this one didn't happen every time, I just made sure that It won't happen ever again).

*Follower Mod :

- Fixed a bug in which you couldn't use magma drift.

##09/19/2021 :

*Challenge Pack :

- Fixed a bug in which the game crashes after double trainer battle (with trainer randomizer on).

*Follower Mod :

- Now, only fire/flying/levitate pokemons can follow you while lava-surfing.

##09/30/2021 :

*Challenge Pack :

- Fixed a bug in which the game crashes after wild battle (having dependency with nim on route 4 and having trainer randomizer turned on).

- Fixed ability randomizer, it now works by using a randomly generated seed.

- Fixed type randomizer (it'll randomize randomly, so without any seed).

*Follower Mod :

- Fixed game crashes in sakitron fight sequence.

##10/13/2021 :

*Follower Mod :

- Fixed game crashes when making a new game.

##10/18/2021 :

*Follower Mod :

- Fixed game crashes when re-entering Zygara Castle with Karen (Karen sidequest).

Follower Mod :

Spoiler

Installation :

- Just extract the rar content in the game directory.

Usage :

- The mod is enabled once you talk to Amanda after getting your first pokemon.

- You can enable/disable this mod at any moment by speaking to a NPC in Gearen Laboratory

here : 

Spoiler

image.png.bea08614f9ef332cfe1fb237877e8031.png

Download :  https://mega.nz/file/3EYlwKZB#R4AGWpIzUv38ztOerAG_XYXPuN26q0vD_Sg3osT6xdM

Challenge Pack:

Spoiler

Installation :

Usage :

- After the prologue, you'll be asked in which difficulty you wish to play pokemon rejuvenation on and then you'll be asked if you wish to do a challenge run. (This is the only time you'll get the opportunity to chose a challenge from the mod, there is no way to enable/disable a challenge through your adventure apart from using debug mode.)

Spoiler

image.png.a1e4c049bd3eab1b5d1a13c26503fca1.png

Download :  https://mega.nz/file/KcYUCJAB#Aqe_FZ-Oz8f4Tk493fZA2-S_Rt9Lmp2uatYGvXM2E1I

Debug Mode on key:

Spoiler

Installation :

Usage :

- Press J to turn the debug mode ON, press K to turn the debug mode OFF (Default)

Config :

- Go to the Data folder then the Mods folder and then you will see a file named DebugOnKey.rb , you can edit it with notedpad or visual studio code.

Go to line 133 and you'll see this : 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d85d72890a73978ce235abe5c8c17f5a.png

Just edit the keys you wish to use as you please (some keys might not work for some reasons).

Download : https://mega.nz/file/yQwAQAZJ#F8zEqJ-U9e-GIViQ2N1NQTYfivh9YZapRnBtYt7v_-g

Support:

If you have any questions/problems regarding the modpack feel free to ask below this post.

Credits:

Spoiler

All credits go to their respective original owners, I am no the original owner of any of the mods (except the debug on key), I just took them as a base and updated/fixed them to work with the new rejuvenation engine.

mej71 (for the follower mod [essentials 17.1])

haru (for the challenge pack [rejuv v12])

Dewitty, Bulbapedia.Bulbagarden.net, Nintendo, Chocosrawloid, Kymontonian, milomilotic11, Neo-Spriteman, hamsterskull, Sparta, pokewiki.de (for the overworld sprites)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Just note, turning the debug mode flag on does A LOT more than just adding the debug option to the menu and Pokémon, so be careful and make sure you know what you are getting into. It is useful when creating mods or other additions though.

• Thanks 1

I can't get it to work. I'm putting the Mods folder into the data folder and copying over the map.001 file, but nothing happens.

I also tried copying the ruby files directly from the mods folder into the scripts folder, but that makes it so the game won't load past the opening images.

This is on v13.05, with only the Challenge Pack installed as I was only interested in a Nuzlocke with random encounters.

This randomizer is only wild/acquired pokemon, right?

2 hours ago, 0ris said:

I can't get it to work. I'm putting the Mods folder into the data folder and copying over the map.001 file, but nothing happens.

I also tried copying the ruby files directly from the mods folder into the scripts folder, but that makes it so the game won't load past the opening images.

This is on v13.05, with only the Challenge Pack installed as I was only interested in a Nuzlocke with random encounters.

This randomizer is only wild pokemon, right?

That's pretty strange, I download a fresh 13.0.5 rejuvenation game, and then I installed the challenge pack and it works well, the game doesn't ask you if you want to do a challenge run right after you choose your difficulty (right after you've done the prologue or if you skipped it) ?

Also, the pokemon randomizer has multiple options, you can randomize wild pokemon and trainer's team as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EvGym said:

Whenever I change my lead Pokémon, the name used by the following Pokémon changes but the Pokémon itself doesn't.  I tried switching between a leafeon and an umbreon for example. Changing maps doesn't fix this.

You mean the pokemon's sprite doesn't change right ? I don't encounter this bug but you can refresh the sprite by pressing CTRL 2 times.

• Thanks 1

For Nuzlocke runs, what happens with the almost-unwinnable battles?

The Deathwing fight at Aqua, the X-Yveltal at Blacksteeple etc.

I just fought Madelis's shadow mewtwo and three of my pokemon fainted and weren't revived after the end of the battle, so I figured I'd ask before I give up the run.

Edit: revive items work, so I guess there's no reason to quit the run quite yet.

23 minutes ago, 0ris said:

For Nuzlocke runs, what happens with the almost-unwinnable battles?

The Deathwing fight at Aqua, the X-Yveltal at Blacksteeple etc.

I just fought Madelis's shadow mewtwo and three of my pokemon fainted and weren't revived after the end of the battle, so I figured I'd ask before I give up the run.

Edit: revive items work, so I guess there's no reason to quit the run quite yet.

Nuzlocke only blocks pokemons from being healed by using the pokemon center, you can still use revive items (I can block them but It's not necessary imo and can be useful for those type of fight where you're not supposed to "win").

The nuzlocke ends when you blackout, and most of unwinnable battles don't trigger that blackout. (Your run still continue tho, it just disables nuzlocke afterward)

The pokemon randomizer works just fine but the problems are with the moves. Each time I tried to check the acquired starter pokemons moves and ability page the game crash. So yeah, its the abilties and moves thats crashing the game I think but have'nt checked anything else so no idea about how other things works.

On 9/12/2021 at 1:05 PM, huynguyenthanh3005 said:

I use random encounter, random item and random trainer I think

Hey ! It should be fixed now !

38 minutes ago, zorogoro said:

The pokemon randomizer works just fine but the problems are with the moves. Each time I tried to check the acquired starter pokemons moves and ability page the game crash. So yeah, its the abilties and moves thats crashing the game I think but have'nt checked anything else so no idea about how other things works.

What are your settings ? Move randomizer should be working fine, as for abilities it should be fine as well. 

If possible show me a screenshot of your error message so I have a better insight of what's happening, ty!

2 hours ago, SmK said:

Hey ! It should be fixed now !

What are your settings ? Move randomizer should be working fine, as for abilities it should be fine as well. 

If possible show me a screenshot of your error message so I have a better insight of what's happening, ty!

hi, I tried it and it still bug after the first double match.

bug.png

1 hour ago, huynguyenthanh3005 said:

hi, I tried it and it still bug after the first double match.

bug.png

Yeah, I messed up while uploading, I re-uploaded it, can you try again and tell me if you still encounter this problem ? 

15 hours ago, Gil 32 said:

if you have ability randomizer turned on it crashes the game if you look at your pokemons statsimage.png.b7c281c8007133a2a0d5c5fa771f61cc.png

Hey ! It should be fixed !

Also, after updating your game, when you'll go to your pokemon summary you'll have to wait 1-2 minutes (It'll just happen once, just to load every randomized abilities on all pokemons/forms).

15 hours ago, Gil 32 said:

hey sorry with another post but i got to goldenwood cave with melia and after she joins the game crashes, i don't lnow if its because of the item randomizer or not but i have item, move, trainer, and seeded randomizer onimage.thumb.png.ddaca424ed3f344a17da289bb7e22ad3.png

Are you using the last version of the challenge pack ? I'm replaying the game with almost the same settings you're using but I didn't encounter this crash.

3 hours ago, huynguyenthanh3005 said:

I just got the same bug too. and I redownload the challenge pack already

bug.png

Thx for redownloading, I can see on your screenshot the precise line that causes the crash (You had a previous version and the error message showed wrongs lines.).

I'll start to work on it when i'm free.

1 hour ago, Greenjoe12345 said:

something I will note is the A key to switch what pokemon you have out is the same key that is used at some points in the game, for the group talk feature, as well as puzzles where you switch characters later on too.

Should be fixed now ! (Tell me if it's fixed as I often upload wrong files).