Crescent

Lucifer Morningstar

As of V13 it's revealed that Clear was impersonating Crescent for the duration of at least half the plotline. 

The last time we see the real Crescent is around the same time we last see Saki and Co. on board her contraption on Valor Mt. when she shoves Sharon off the side in an "assisted suicide" of sorts.

If I recall correctly, Crescent had volunteered to teleport Saki and Co. to Souta or to find Aleita and the Eldest which is what lands them on route 7 where Clear attacks them and allegedly kills Crescent. 

My question is, when exactly does Clear first replace her?

I found the scene between Crescent and the MC's group in Tesla's Villa curious after seeing it again for the first time in at least a year on Youtube. One line in particular: "I want to see you all smile again because smiling is a luxury you won't always have." caught my attention.

This seemed out of character for Crescent because she comes off as possessive of the MC but in light of recent revelations she could have been referring to the souls of her classmates compiled within the MC.

If this was the real Crescent, when did she join Saki and Co.? 
Was it the real Crescent who reverted Zetta back to a Solosis on the summit of Valor Mt.? Who met the MC in the dead world? In V13 she claims to have designed it to include the shadows of the other protagonists and who would know how to do that better than one of the people who control the Lignosomnia? 

If Crescent teleported Saki and Co. after Sharon's suicide attempt why did she not join them until later?

Hell, could we have just met the real Crescent for the first time when we freed her from the pod?
Think about it, her death is recorded as a blast of psychic energy which Clear's Beheeyem fits but do you know what else fits? A Deoxys. The Pokemon Nastasia used to cause the S.S Oceana wreck and we don't see what happens to Crescent after she teleports the MC out of the banquet hall. 

I'll admit that this is probably a little reaching as is the whole dead world thing, but just a thought. 

36 minutes ago, SharlaSmith44 said:

Interesting theory.. But Crescent saw Nim fall in lava:

Reveal hidden contents

te.PNG.c8064ed613a7195fed5bc14f3ef8b004.PNGda.PNG.d90e7718e11f48247c774519c9daf2e4.PNGfsdg.PNG.e25447d1091dca61ed999f1a4f03e978.PNGdhb.PNG.192176f91981d51bd51f5396b4a0ffa1.PNGggf.PNG.2c39d4c844ecdcee9573714d1e6b54be.PNGfsafc.PNG.bd12b7192b743b40447627547fc20138.PNGgdged.PNG.282612e36e4f052648091e2d5cc9d5d0.PNGsdfsdf.PNG.c46e19ac66f8009ff2a438589cd60d75.PNG

I'll admit I never really thought about this, but I've never trusted her.

That dialogue does seem to support that Nim's revival is when Clear replaced her but I concur I have never trusted Crescent either. She's manipulative, sadistic and possessive. 

Yes, Crescent is the 1 who reverted Zetta back because we find her in the Nightmare Realm when we go there (after being knocked out by Clear's Beheeyem) and that's the only way Puppet Master could've gotten a hold on Zetta.

The Crescent that "assisted" Sharon also has to be her since she gets mad if you choose to respond with "...", something Clear probably can't imitate about her.

So the only time Clear impersonates her is when she saves Nim and tries to brainwash her.

48 minutes ago, Fiwam said:

and that's the only way Puppet Master could've gotten a hold on Zetta.

It's much more simple. Pupper master owns everything everyone have a nightmare about in GDC. Melia just had a nightmare about Zetta so he appeared in his domain. It's not real Zetta, just a dream about him. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Cyphre said:

It's much more simple. Pupper master owns everything everyone have a nightmare about in GDC. Melia just had a nightmare about Zetta so he appeared in his domain. It's not real Zetta, just a dream about him. 

This is exactly the reason the Crescent in Nightmare City might not have been the real Crescent though I can't figure who would have a nightmare about her, the MC perhaps?

11 hours ago, Fiwam said:

So the only time Clear impersonates her is when she saves Nim and tries to brainwash her.

I can make sense of that but still find Crescent's implied back and forth between Valor Mt and Saki and Co. a little strange. 

2 minutes ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

I can make sense of that but still find Crescent's implied back and forth between Valor Mt and Saki and Co. a little strange. 

I have a feeling everything about Crescent will make sense after we will learn her motives and what she's been doing. She is in our custody atm, no way we wont question her. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cyphre said:

I have a feeling everything about Crescent will make sense after we will learn her motives and what she's been doing. She is in our custody atm, no way we wont question her. 

I hope we question her. The chances do seem quite likely. 

The fact that we're holding her indicates that our group is wary of her and might not be entirely convinced that it was a Clear impersonation that weaponized Nim. 

14 minutes ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

The fact that we're holding her indicates that our group is wary of her and might not be entirely convinced that it was a Clear impersonation that weaponized Nim. 

Or they don't trust her regardless. Can't exactly say I blame them, to be honest. 

I'm almost 100% sure that it was really Clear who used Nim. Crescent can hardly be trusted, yes, but she has absolutely no reason to save Nim ? She doesn't care one bit about her, and Nim was used to attack member of the league (Talon, Damien, Lavender). We still don't know the true goal of Crescent, but since it's clear at this point she wants Team Xen destruction, she has no reason to attack the league. They're also working against Team Xen after all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eixenr said:

I'm almost 100% sure that it was really Clear who used Nim. Crescent can hardly be trusted, yes, but she has absolutely no reason to save Nim ? She doesn't care one bit about her, and Nim was used to attack member of the league (Talon, Damien, Lavender). We still don't know the true goal of Crescent, but since it's clear at this point she wants Team Xen destruction, she has no reason to attack the league. They're also working against Team Xen after all.

I agree 100% with this, but it seems that Nim's only victim was Venam. Iirc, she told Lavender to stay away from us. Talon and the others were lured by Clear and Kieran via Cosmia and Comet 

Talon and "Damien" were also victims of Nim.

They were indeed lure by Cosmia and Comet, probably on order from Clear and Kieran. Theses two are against the league, it makes sense they would attack gym leaders to sabotage it.

24 minutes ago, Eixenr said:

Talon and "Damien" were also victims of Nim.

They were indeed lure by Cosmia and Comet, probably on order from Clear and Kieran. Theses two are against the league, it makes sense they would attack gym leaders to sabotage it.

I'm saying they didn't use Nim. Or I don't think they did. Poor Akami always forgotten

22 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

As of V13 it's revealed that Clear was impersonating Crescent for the duration of at least half the plotline. 

The last time we see the real Crescent is around the same time we last see Saki and Co. on board her contraption on Valor Mt. when she shoves Sharon off the side in an "assisted suicide" of sorts.

If I recall correctly, Crescent had volunteered to teleport Saki and Co. to Souta or to find Aleita and the Eldest which is what lands them on route 7 where Clear attacks them and allegedly kills Crescent. 

My question is, when exactly does Clear first replace her?

I found the scene between Crescent and the MC's group in Tesla's Villa curious after seeing it again for the first time in at least a year on Youtube. One line in particular: "I want to see you all smile again because smiling is a luxury you won't always have." caught my attention.

This seemed out of character for Crescent because she comes off as possessive of the MC but in light of recent revelations she could have been referring to the souls of her classmates compiled within the MC.

If this was the real Crescent, when did she join Saki and Co.? 
Was it the real Crescent who reverted Zetta back to a Solosis on the summit of Valor Mt.? Who met the MC in the dead world? In V13 she claims to have designed it to include the shadows of the other protagonists and who would know how to do that better than one of the people who control the Lignosomnia? 

If Crescent teleported Saki and Co. after Sharon's suicide attempt why did she not join them until later?

Hell, could we have just met the real Crescent for the first time when we freed her from the pod?
Think about it, her death is recorded as a blast of psychic energy which Clear's Beheeyem fits but do you know what else fits? A Deoxys. The Pokemon Nastasia used to cause the S.S Oceana wreck and we don't see what happens to Crescent after she teleports the MC out of the banquet hall. 

I'll admit that this is probably a little reaching as is the whole dead world thing, but just a thought. 

Spoiler

If i remember correctly from my v13 run, she only says the line about wanting you to smile after everyone else left the villa, I.E. she only says it to the MC. I am pretty sure right after this point is when she was taken out. 

I am pretty sure it was Clear that killed Crescent with Beheeyem, we "see" it happen in a flashback. 

On 9/3/2021 at 12:56 PM, SharlaSmith44 said:

I agree 100% with this, but it seems that Nim's only victim was Venam. Iirc, she told Lavender to stay away from us. Talon and the others were lured by Clear and Kieran via Cosmia and Comet 

There is no indication that Cosmia and Comet exclusively acted separately from Nim and C&C were just baitors (and apparently Dittos if the Dittos raised by the real Risa Raider and Xara who were addressed as Cosmia and Comet are the same Cosmia and Comet) far as we are aware. We don't know if they can perform stonification. 

Lavender was baited with a letter in a red envelope, the same bait that Talon was lured with and as of V13 we still don't know what her's said (I wonder if we'll find out, I'm really curious now) but C&C's involvement didn't have to be necessary in every lure. Talon was probably a fan of the Nancy show and entered the contest for the date so it was convenient (that doesn't explain their impersonating Nancy and the MC in the first place but thus far none of their impersonations have made sense, part of me wonders if they're just dicking around for fun).