Question About Venam fight and difficulty

Alkamare

3 hours ago, Alkamare said:

Is the Mareanie Venam sends out suppose to always crit with venoshock?  I am playng on normal difficulty and it uses venoshock to crit me every time.  I cant get past it.

I'm pretty sure that one of the patches for V13 was supposed to remove Venoshock from Venam's Mareanie's moveset since people were complaining about the difficulty and the new level cap for the first gym (changed from 20 to 15, then to 18 in that one patch)?? The changelogs to the previous patches are unavailable now, so I might be wrong.

48 minutes ago, Saroyan said:

I'm pretty sure that one of the patches for V13 was supposed to remove Venoshock from Venam's Mareanie's moveset since people were complaining about the difficulty and the new level cap for the first gym (changed from 20 to 15, then to 18 in that one patch)?? The changelogs to the previous patches are unavailable now, so I might be wrong.

34 minutes ago, Elliot Gale said:

It's the ability Merciless that was supposedly removed.

But who knows, maybe they reverted that when they increased the amount of options the player has against her by enabling many many more things to evolve.

They removed it for casual difficulty, not normal difficulty

Mareanie and Toxapex can have the ability Merciless which guarantees crits on poisoned targets and I am unsure if Venom's field auto activates it. 

I didn't have trouble with her in V12 but from what I've been told my strategy was removed from V13 which is understandable because it honestly was a bit broken. Said strategy; Swoobat.