(Spoiler) Theories about Melia -Feel free to list your own

Hatterixxx

Before you read I dont think Melia is directly related to indriad because he only wished for 4 children from the archetype and melia wasnt one of them.

This a bunch of things that i just came up with while eating my chinese food so i ran out of things to say

Theory 1- Connection to Maria

We already know that Vivian had been interrupted in her attempt to stop storm 9 resulting in her curse of perpetual reincarnation.

This may be the case for Maria as in the game's prologue something possibly interrupted her ritual and caused her to suffer from a curse that separated her into 2 entities Maria and Maianette. It would explain why When both of them used their powers 2 out of the 4 arceus symbols that surround them are greyed out

Theory 2- Marias Clone

After escaping indriad Maria and attracts Spacea and Tiempa and becomes a storm chaser but sees their wicked ways and goes back further in time like rhodea and grows up and forms team xen. Se then clones herself and calls the clone melia and plans to use melia for her plan so that she doesnt have to risk her own power let alone life to suceed in her plans.

I would stand by this theory if i didnt find it kind of basic.

Theory 3- Madame X is her mother?

In this theory Madame x is still Maria BUT instead of cloning herself she gave birth to a child at some point? She named this child melia and melia inherited the archetypes power but because the power was passed on to her by another archetype user she didnt inherit a stable amount of power which caused her to get genesis syndrome

This one was wild theory dont judge me.

Theory 4 - Past timeline

Madame X is actually a version of melia from a previous timeline and reset the world in ametyst grotto and kept her memories of what transpired and when she was in the new world she travelled back in time to send maria off to her suffering knowing her father would use her for ritual and she would interrupt the ritual creating this worlds version of melia to use for her plans and tis all one big time loop that keeps on repreating becuase Melia keeps losing at the end of her story

Edited by Neo Loves Cookie
  • Like 1

My theory is that Archetype was removed from Maria at some point and that was used to wish for Melia. I think this for 2 reasons.

She is the only one with Genesis Syndrome. It doesnt make much sense for a being who is summoned by Archetype to have such a disease. But if Archetype was forcefully taken out of Maria then it could have damaged the Archetype somehow. So when using a damaged Archetype to summon Melia she got Genesis Syndrome as side effect.

Another reason I think this is cause while scanning the Archetype it showed it was around 75 years while Melia herself is 18 years. Now the 75 years age could be of the Archetype rather then Melia herself. The only other explanation for this would be that Melia was in some sort of pod that preserved her body which I doubt.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Yahiro said:

My theory is that Archetype was removed from Maria at some point and that was used to wish for Melia. I think this for 2 reasons.

She is the only one with Genesis Syndrome. It doesnt make much sense for a being who is summoned by Archetype to have such a disease. But if Archetype was forcefully taken out of Maria then it could have damaged the Archetype somehow. So when using a damaged Archetype to summon Melia she got Genesis Syndrome as side effect.

Another reason I think this is cause while scanning the Archetype it showed it was around 75 years while Melia herself is 18 years. Now the 75 years age could be of the Archetype rather then Melia herself. [...]

This is what I've been thinking, to be honest. Like, exactly. It's a bit scary

• Like 1

I don't understand the reason people believe Maria and Marionette are separate entities. 

Maria is called Marionette several times in the prolog which seems to occur on the morning of Maria's death and at the end of the Crysolia Manor event Marionette remembers that her true name is Maria. 

As far as I am concerned this establishes that Marionette is an alternate name Indraid forced onto Maria for whatever reason. 

I believe that Melia is a reincarnation of Maria as Aelita is of Vivian and Taelia, that as it appears that a similar ritual to that Vivian performed on herself was used for the sacrifice of Maria it must have been interrupted somehow (perhaps by the MC and/or Venom in the officer event in their attempt to save her?), thus creating the same curse. 

Now, with the new information in V13, there seems to be another layer building. 

There are hints of a connection between Melia and the MC. 

It starts after her alleged death, on the pier Ren tells the MC: "You might have just met her but you two seemed to click right away as though you'd known each other for years."

It's been pointed out in my thread about the MC's past that the location of her interaction with Emma is said to be Zeigth if the game is saved and reloaded during this event and at the end of V13, Melia can be found standing outside the Obelisk claiming that it called out to her but when she tried to enter said: "not yet".

Her transformation is also said to be similar to that of the MC during the Puppet Master battle including baring the symbol of the core and someone said that when Melia first "awakened" her powers in the destroyed AU, Variya appeared behind her. Note: that I'm pretty sure the latter wasn't in V12 but is an alteration is V13. 

Variya is the woman who has appeared alongside Adrest in flashbacks of him so it's just occurred to me a bit ago, could Vayira be resting within Melia as Adrest rests within the MC?

Is Melia possibly an interceptor as well, perhaps the MC's true co-host in some form of contrary to Zeight claiming it's Crescent? She is actually more responsible for both the creation and fate of the AU than the MC is. 

As to the reason Melia's body has rejected the Archetype, the Archetype was probably released upon Maria's death then placed into Melia and while Erin, Alice, Allen and Maria are literal fragments of the Archetype that were split and assumed human forms, Melia is not. Even if she is a reincarnation of Maria, she is physically not Maria. 

Consider how it is unclear whether or not Aelita could summon Vivian's Regirock if she wanted to since she is physically not Vivian nor does she identify as Vivian.  

6 hours ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

Consider how it is unclear whether or not Aelita could summon Vivian's Regirock if she wanted to since she is physically not Vivian nor does she identify as Vivian.  

Isn't Aelita a reincarnation of Vivian, which is why she was able to summon the Regirock?

Aelita is a reincarnation of Vivian/Taelia, but simultaneously she's her own self, shaped by her experiences, like being Keta's daughter instead of wife, etc.

I find it interesting, in regards to Maria/Marianette/Melia, that we've seen her live in two different lives: The house in Zorrialyn coast and in the prologue, where Maria watched Indriad sacrifice Anathea, and then Chrisolia Manor, where we battle Marianette, and also see the original Maria in Kugearen and Anathea also gets sacrificed. Then we know Melia is given to Dr. Jenner by team Xen (Madame X) until she grows up.

Normal-type gym leader Marianette seems plausible to be an alternate reality (the badge is not recognized but seeminly official) but given both the house in Zorrialyn and Chrisolia Manor (now Hotel) both exist in the "main" timeline, I guess Indriad could have tried using Maria (to bring Arceus or take Arceus' power) more than once and then resetting things once it didn't work.

After v13 it could be also possible that Melia is actually Maria's clone, which explains her rejection of the Archetype/her Genesis syndrome. She would have been just a vessel for the Archetype to be harvested by Madame X, be her future Melia/Maria, Future Erin (I can't stop thinking of her wanting to play Devil to Indriad's god) or even alternate Anathea, who was described to be of darker constitution before the Archetype.

Spoiler

Or maybe Madame X is actually Celine/Celine's clone, also an individual with a dark palette and opposing Indriad. maiming her original body or another one would be an easy way to put herself out of the way, being in a healing pod really puts someone out of focus(harms way.

2 hours ago, kithas said:

After v13 it could be also possible that Melia is actually Maria's clone, which explains her rejection of the Archetype/her Genesis syndrome.

This is not a bad theory.

It fits into the remaining blank of how Team Xen had Melia to give to Jenner and we know through Zetta that Team Xen can perform cloning and has. 

Come to think of it the Zetta in the SON had tried to talk to Melia but Risa intervened because we were pressed for time. Perhaps he'd intended to reveal something of this nature to her?

Regardless I still believe Variya is in there somewhere.