What type of nature do you think is typically the best in Rejuv?

pizzagod13

What Nature Do You Typically Think Is The Best In Rejuv?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What Nature Do You Typically Think Is The Best In Rejuv? (From these options) (I.E. What nature would you use the most, assuming you could always choose your nature)

• Attack/Sp. Attack boosting nature
    • Speed Boosting Nature
    • Defense Boosting Nature
    • Sp. Defense Boosting Nature
    • Neutral

Personally, I think speed boosting is the best, since field effects make enemy damage completely insane, you will often get one - two shot. Having high speed usually means getting in that extra hit.

But I wanted to know what others think.

EDITED to add Neutral, not that I expect many to pick that. 

Edited by pizzagod13

You need a balance of pokemon, especially for higher difficulties. Having 6 glass cannons on your team usually doesn't work, especially when the field/terrain is against you. Also 6 defensive stall mons don't work, especially since we dont have important tms like toxic and stealth rocks yet. On intense difficulty it's not uncommon to use around 15-20 pokemon in rotation to get past some of the toughest battles.

I've just finished an intense run and the only pokemon I remember using in every battle was eviolite porygon 2. 

• Global Mods

Honestly no one nature is the best. It entirely depends on what Pokemon you are using lmaO. Diff mons will benefit from different natures; it's honestly dumb to say that a specific nature is the best one because not every Pokemon is going to benefit from a specific stat being raised. As for neutral natures, generally they're nice in a regular playthrough because you don't have to worry about an important stat being lowered. Regardless, neutral still isn't best for all.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Samurai said:

You need a balance of pokemon, especially for higher difficulties. Having 6 glass cannons on your team usually doesn't work, especially when the field/terrain is against you. Also 6 defensive stall mons don't work, especially since we dont have important tms like toxic and stealth rocks yet. On intense difficulty it's not uncommon to use around 15-20 pokemon in rotation to get past some of the toughest battles.

I've just finished an intense run and the only pokemon I remember using in every battle was eviolite porygon 2. 

12 minutes ago, Cerise said:

Honestly no one nature is the best. It entirely depends on what Pokemon you are using lmaO. Diff mons will benefit from different natures; it's honestly dumb to say that a specific nature is the best one because not every Pokemon is going to benefit from a specific stat being raised. As for neutral natures, generally they're nice in a regular playthrough because you don't have to worry about an important stat being lowered. Regardless, neutral still isn't best for all.

I will rephrase the question then, I meant which do you use the most, I get that some natures are better on some mons. 

EDIT: I also did say "typically" in the title for a reason btw. No nature is the one size fits all option, but I imagine some natures tend to be more desirable then others.

Edited by pizzagod13

4 minutes ago, pizzagod13 said:

I will rephrase the question then, I meant which do you use the most, I get that some natures are better on some mons. 

EDIT: I also did say "typically" in the title for a reason btw. No nature is the one size fits all option, but I imagine some natures tend to be more desirable then others.

It's a very bland question because all pokemon will be better under certain natures than others. Like for example if you're using a blaziken then you're best using adamant or jolly. If you're using an alakazam then modest or timid. It literally depends on what pokemon you're using. 

Then how would you phrase the question?

I think this is the best way possible, since it keeps the options short. I am not trying to prove that one type of nature is the best nature ever. I am just trying to see what type of nature most people pick for their Pokémon in general. Yes there is some variety and you will sometimes pick other natures I just want to know what people think is the nature they would pick most often. 

Currently, speed is winning which is pretty much what I expected. 

13 minutes ago, pizzagod13 said:

Then how would you phrase the question?

I think this is the best way possible, since it keeps the options short. I am not trying to prove that one type of nature is the best nature ever. I am just trying to see what type of nature most people pick for their Pokémon in general. Yes there is some variety and you will sometimes pick other natures I just want to know what people think is the nature they would pick most often. 

Currently, speed is winning which is pretty much what I expected. 

A better question would be to ask what teams people use, or what styles (hyper offense, stall, etc) as picking the natures would depend solely on the strategy you're using.

Florges for example is a special defensive tank. It can take a lot of special hits so you'll want a special defensive+ nature to get the best out of it. It's attack stat isn't good so you won't be using it. In this case a calm nature would be perfect. You see where I'm going with this?

Speed is far and away the best stat in this game because of how the terrains turn every mon into wrecking balls or in rare occassions, difficult to kill walls. In my opinion, you often prioritize a pokemons Offenses and support them with speed control abilities/moves. Defense usually doesn't work because double battles make those tactics more exploitable and field effects makes most mons into decent wallbreakers unless you go out of your way to change the nature of the field. 

I'd say that in normal mode at least. Hyper Offense with one or 2 defensive pivots and a pokemon to set up speed control through moves like Tailwind or Sticky webs is you win  most fights

• Upvote 1

You'll need every type, yes, but saying it's dumb to pick a best/fav is silly. I voted with the majority: speed natures. There are so many instances where having maximum speed helps you avoid a lot of trouble. You can just obliterate a pokemon that covers the team you have on hand pretty well if you can make sure you're faster than it with a hard hitting pokemon. I love doing that with Cinderace or Staraptor.