Gale Wings not working?

hepengild

DId you take damage before you used acrobatics? If so then gale wings doesnt work, tho probably they changed the field effect to ignore gale wings since v13 did buff most of the fields and souta was notoriously destroyed by talonflame.

9 hours ago, Vum said:

DId you take damage before you used acrobatics? If so then gale wings doesnt work, tho probably they changed the field effect to ignore gale wings since v13 did buff most of the fields and souta was notoriously destroyed by talonflame.

I thought it was the field as well, but I even cleared the weather with cloud-nine and then used smack-down to change the field. Still couldn't get gale wings to activate, oddly enough. I'm convinced my game's bugging out.

Was going to do some more experimenting today to see if I could get it to work.

That's unfortunate. I'm struggling to find a way to crack open his team, otherwise. Is there any way to leave GDC before beating him? There are a few other strategies I could definitely try, but the only way I see myself winning with the Pokemon in my possession now is getting lucky with Focus Band Talonflame, setting up Tailwind and Stealth Rocks, killing Hawlucha, and then attemping a Nasty Plot sweep with an electric terrain setup and Alolan Raichu.

Only issues I'm seeing are that Dragonite revenge kills Raichu after he takes out the first Pokemon by using extreme speed. However, Gliscor's the main threat - I can't think of a single pokemon I have access to that can reliably take him out. My water types are all slower and all get one-shot, even with tailwind up, as their base speeds are lower than Gliscor's.

Jolteon is another strong contender here. Also i trained a couple of Sturdy Golems for this fight to Stone Edge anything that i really dislike. Ice types can be a great tool as well. Trick Room is always an option too. 

Best thing to beat souta with is your own flying types. Sky field is just bonkers and souta doesn't have any answers for your own bird spam. I found that hurricane from just a sky plate noivern was enough to oneshot the gliscor after rocks on intense. Noivern only has like 97 sp att so even if you don't have noivern, I'm sure you can find/already have a bunch of mons that can hurricane spam him down. 

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

I ended up beating him by using explosion on the Hawlucha and then using his Thundurus to set up Stealth Rocks and Screens. Afterwards, setting my Magneton's Electric Terrain was a priority. I was able to ensure that the terrain was changed on the exact turn that Souta's first tailwind ended. After this, my Alolan Raichu was able to use Nasty Plot and tank a hit from Thundurus. With the Nasty Plot boost, sweeping his entire team turned out to be pretty easy, as he kept his Braviary (along with his second Elemental Seed Tailwind) as his last Pokemon. All I needed to do was ensure that Electric Terrain lasted long enough for me to sweep.

• Upvote 1