So.. I ALMOST managed to kill Madame X's Yveltal and came up with a startegy that -MIGHT- work

MhicKy

(Not putting Spoilers since this fight is old news anyways)
So here's how it went.. By the time I faced against Madame X on top of Blacksteep Castle I had a Banette with Cursed Body, when her Yveltal killed it with Decimation it then had the move disabled by the ability and here's how I discovered that, apparently, that's the ONLY move that Yveltal has and it started to use Struggle, sadly, she had already KOed 3 other Pokemons of mine so she still defeated me using Struggle but the HP of Yveltal went all the way down to red so I thought of something..

Struggle always recoils 25% of the pokemons HP so, technically, all you need to do is make a ghost type with Cursed Body the lead of your team, once Decimation gets disables just keep throwing Pokemons until it kills itself BUT, for good measure, I suggest getting a pokemon with Aftermath as well and throw it at it after it starts struggling.

I do not know what can happen, maybe Jan made a fail-safe where Yveltal's HP never drops to zero, maybe the game will crash, maybe the cutscene will play out as if you lost OR maybe you'll get a nice new cutscene, who knows? This is something I only started thinking about now and I am already too far ahead to try (I also don't care to) but if you do managed to defeat it do send me a screenshot if there is a new cutscene.

1 minute ago, chamomomile said:

huh? is quick guard fletchling not in the game anymore?? it was my go-to for beating madame x

Decimation seems to have either 64PP or actually infinite. Cuz i couldn't manage to PP stall it out of Decimations, running two Talonflames plus Pressure Corviknight. I gave up trying after the fourth attempt, Intense v13 Neved is hell.

Decimation has exactly 20PP, and Quick Guard has 15, so either find another Quick Guarder or use Talonflame to shave off 16PP, use 2 Pressure mons to shave off the other 4 and use a Donphan with Endearvor to lower Yvetal's HP.

Or at least that's how Normal Mode's Yvetal fight goes.

Just now, crulla said:

Decimation has exactly 20PP, and Quick Guard has 15, so either find another Quick Guarder or use Talonflame to shave off 16PP, use 2 Pressure mons to shave off the other 4 and use a Donphan with Endearvor to lower Yvetal's HP

Yeah, just said above. I was running TWO Quick Guard Talonflames, plus Pressure Corviknight and Yveltal did NOT run out of Decimation PP.

Taking into account 20PP, I was taking into account that Max PP might have been used, make it 32PP. After both Talonflames and Corv died, still had Decimations left to kill the rest of my team. So... It's either 64 (The max amount of PP available on a move like Splash) or actually Infinite, and the only way is through Cursed Body, since Sturdy and Queenly Majesty both get bypassed by Decimation's "mold breaker".

19 minutes ago, Vivi_Hallow said:

Decimation seems to have either 64PP or actually infinite. Cuz i couldn't manage to PP stall it out of Decimations, running two Talonflames plus Pressure Corviknight. I gave up trying after the fourth attempt, Intense v13 Neved is hell.

off topic, but where did you find rookidee/corviknight?

2 minutes ago, crulla said:

Yeah Cursed Body might be the best bet against her.

Actually, probably the only way. Since Prankster is useless.

That, or... maybe there's a way to get a couple Leppa Berries before the fight, which could give some extra PP's to test.

7 hours ago, crulla said:

Yeah Cursed Body might be the best bet against her.

I've only played Normal Mode, so I don't know if she just have infinity PP in Intense.

7 hours ago, Vivi_Hallow said:

Yeah, just said above. I was running TWO Quick Guard Talonflames, plus Pressure Corviknight and Yveltal did NOT run out of Decimation PP.

Taking into account 20PP, I was taking into account that Max PP might have been used, make it 32PP. After both Talonflames and Corv died, still had Decimations left to kill the rest of my team. So... It's either 64 (The max amount of PP available on a move like Splash) or actually Infinite, and the only way is through Cursed Body, since Sturdy and Queenly Majesty both get bypassed by Decimation's "mold breaker".

8 hours ago, MhicKy said:

(Not putting Spoilers since this fight is old news anyways)
So here's how it went.. By the time I faced against Madame X on top of Blacksteep Castle I had a Banette with Cursed Body, when her Yveltal killed it with Decimation it then had the move disabled by the ability and here's how I discovered that, apparently, that's the ONLY move that Yveltal has and it started to use Struggle, sadly, she had already KOed 3 other Pokemons of mine so she still defeated me using Struggle but the HP of Yveltal went all the way down to red so I thought of something..

Struggle always recoils 25% of the pokemons HP so, technically, all you need to do is make a ghost type with Cursed Body the lead of your team, once Decimation gets disables just keep throwing Pokemons until it kills itself BUT, for good measure, I suggest getting a pokemon with Aftermath as well and throw it at it after it starts struggling.

I do not know what can happen, maybe Jan made a fail-safe where Yveltal's HP never drops to zero, maybe the game will crash, maybe the cutscene will play out as if you lost OR maybe you'll get a nice new cutscene, who knows? This is something I only started thinking about now and I am already too far ahead to try (I also don't care to) but if you do managed to defeat it do send me a screenshot if there is a new cutscene.

If Yveltal was affected by the ability Cursed Body, why didn’t you have a pokemon with Sturdy ability that has the move Counter or Endeavor when Yveltal is struggling?

So, I actually managed to beat Yveltal after specifically tailoring a team in anticipation.

The way to go seems to be:

Spoiler

2 cursed body mons. Cursed body, at most, lasts roughly 3 turns, just enough to decimate 2/3rds of your team

Use of sturdy. Each hit when Yveltal is struggling gives it the same amount of recoil, irrespective of how much damage it actually deals.

My win condition was the use of froslass (obtained from a shadow snorun) and a banette, along with a sturdy mon.

I'd contemplated using a modified FEAR strategy, but it became quickly apparent that it wouldn't work. Given that the new Yveltal's battle format has shields, endeavour doesn't do much to reduce its HP unless you break its shields beforehand, which I hadn't managed to do.

So yeah, double cursed body + sturdy seems to be the way to go.

It's difficult, but not impossible

Good luck.

Just now, SilentEevee said:

So, I actually managed to beat Yveltal after specifically tailoring a team in anticipation.

The way to go seems to be:

Hide contents

2 cursed body mons. Cursed body, at most, lasts roughly 3 turns, just enough to decimate 2/3rds of your team

Use of sturdy. Each hit when Yveltal is struggling gives it the same amount of recoil, irrespective of how much damage it actually deals.

My win condition was the use of froslass (obtained from a shadow snorun) and a banette, along with a sturdy mon.

I'd contemplated using a modified FEAR strategy, but it became quickly apparent that it wouldn't work. Given that the new Yveltal's battle format has shields, endeavour doesn't do much to reduce its HP unless you break its shields beforehand, which I hadn't managed to do.

So yeah, double cursed body + sturdy seems to be the way to go.

It's difficult, but not impossible

Good luck.

Does it still give extra karma points for defeating her? 

I don't really like the idea of restarting my whole run just to complete this fight, but I might actually do it. 

Intense Neved was really painful though.

Off-Topic but where do I find Ditto?
(worked for the other guy.. here's hoping someone knows)

51 minutes ago, Vivi_Hallow said:

Does it still give extra karma points for defeating her? 

Not entirely sure, tbh. I don't really know how to check that.

That being said, Intense Mode Neved becomes super easy with a Cinderace. 120 base power stab physical fire move, the ability to breed sucker punch onto it with the static nidoran male encounter, the ability to learn tm poison sweep, and finally double kick.

Just make sure your Cinderace is female, otherwise it won't be as easy a time cause of the lack of priority from sucker punch.

Just wanted to thank you for this thread because I managed to defeat Y-bird with this.

From the Wispy Ruins, I got a Dawn Stone and I have a female Snorunt from either Team Xen encounters or Route 4 raids, so I ended up with a Froslass with cursed body. At that point in the game I have 4 revives, maybe from mining and just items everywhere so I kept resetting until my Froslass pulled the ability off twice - some of my Pokemon can take more than one Y-bird struggle, so I'm sure that helped too (Luxray, Obstagoon, Corviknight). I was playing the game on 4x speed from ... Certain Software so I can't screenshot it but when the battle was over, there was the Karma Eye above my character, so it definitely counts towards SOMETHING. Incoming screenshots, of my game inevitably crashing:

Spoiler

rejuv1.jpgrejuv2.jpgrejuv3.jpgrejuv4.jpg

I don't want to just have a boatload of screenshots so here's the following scene uh transcribed:

Spoiler

X: ... This outcome. I did not expect it.

X: I can see why my Grunts and Executives have had trouble with you in the past.

X: It's just like I said prior, you are no ordinary trainer.

Emma: No ordinary trainer ... ?

X: However this just confirms that establishing this place was the correct move.

X: Now we will continue with what we started.

Aelita: We won, but can we keep going?

Emma: No, we're at our wit's end! We gotta go!

X: No more running, no more cowering (draws and readies her sword)

.... I assume this is where the story continues the same whether Y-bird dies or not, if it isn't someone else can fill it in I guess :'D?

Edited by Vlaty
Additions