Saki Gym fight help.

Magus543

So It's been a while since I played, and I'm pretty sure I have a solid team against Saki but somehow none of my super-effective moves work, like I have a Blaziken, and sky uppercut does jack against Aggron. 

Can someone please explain this fight and why she's suddenly not affected by super-effective moves?

If it helps, I've got a team of Blaziken, Mimikyu, Hydreigon, Alola Raichu, Alola Muk, and Rhyperior. 

2 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

So It's been a while since I played, and I'm pretty sure I have a solid team against Saki but somehow none of my super-effective moves work, like I have a Blaziken, and sky uppercut does jack against Aggron. 

Can someone please explain this fight and why she's suddenly not affected by super-effective moves?

If it helps, I've got a team of Blaziken, Doopliss, Hydreigon, Alola Raichu, Alola Muk, and Rhyperior. 

First of all, Glitch Field cancels physical/special split, second of all, her Aggron is holding a seed, which on the field gives +1 to def and sp.def plus makes the holder typeless. Same goes for her Bronzong.

1 minute ago, Magus543 said:

Okay, so the Aggron makes it typeless and the Bronzong too, luckily Wonder room is no trouble since I can cancel it with Mimikyu.,

Right, forgot how bullshit those seeds are. 

So one strat I see for this is to cheese it by buffing Blaziken after paralyzing Aggron. 

Yeah another fight that is only hard because of weird effects, what a let down.

37 minutes ago, Illumi said:

First of all, Glitch Field cancels physical/special split, second of all, her Aggron is holding a seed, which on the field gives +1 to def and sp.def plus makes the holder typeless. Same goes for her Bronzong.

So what do you do? WTF is physical/special split? the field effect manual is useless because it doesn't explain anything just throws buzzwords in your face.

22 minutes ago, Gardevoir4president said:

Yeah another fight that is only hard because of weird effects, what a let down.

So what do you do? WTF is physical/special split? the field effect manual is useless because it doesn't explain anything just throws buzzwords in your face.

Physical/Special split was in gen 4 when it went from types determining if the moves is physical or special attacks

Normal, Fighting, Ground, Rock, Steel, Bug, Poison, Ghost, Flying,  and Fairy (Fairy is Normal type in the field) are Physical Attacks

Fire, Water, Grass, Electric, Ice, Dark, Psychic and Dragon are Special Attacks

you can probably circumvent the null type aggron and bronzong got from their seeds with moves like Soak, Trick o Treat or Forest's Curse or forcefully eject them with something like Red Card to restore their types, Aggron has a base stat of 60 in sp atk and sp def (which on the field become the same stat) so while null typed, any of the special moves will do reasonable damage

To explain how Sp Atk/Sp Def works in Glitch Field here is an example: if a Pokemon has 140 Sp Atk and 220 Sp Def, it's Sp Atk AND Sp Def is considered 220 this makes pokemon who are great special walls,, good for special attack damage too

Contact/Non Contact moves and other stuff like Bomb type moves, Sound moves etc still exist so abilites and items related to them will still work and moves that affect them too

1 minute ago, Gardevoir4president said:

Thank you, my problem is that nothing can live long enough to faint the aggron always takes 2 fast high damage pokemon to bring it down.

best way to see if any shenanigans happening would be to hit S and then click the target you wanna examine, it will tell you the type and any stats it has

It is Intense mode, plus Azery helps with making fights and we all know how brutal Memeborn is.

It's 15th badge, if it wasn't a challenge then game would be boring.

1 minute ago, Illumi said:

It is Intense mode, plus Azery helps with making fights and we all know how brutal Memeborn is.

It's 15th badge, if it wasn't a challenge then game would be boring.

Im not playing on intense mode also its only a challenge because of her cheesy field effect so it is kinda boring

• Haha 1

Honestly, the Aggron is the least of your worries, that Bastidon with the bullshit Crest is walling me.

I can actually defeat both Aggron with a thunder wave strat, but the recoil is just crazy and kills my buffed Blaziken.

Just now, Dragon Master said:

Ah i see havent attempted this gym tho . I have like half a box of pokemon trained to current level. I will have to try this fight couple of times with other pokes and get a stratergy. this is what i usually do

Thank you. 

It's actually kinda fun to work with other players on bosses like this.