Protean Greninja

HoplashTheGuy

Protean always turns the Pokemon into the type of the move turning it into a single type (even if the Pokemon has 2 types). The developers only used the ability the way it already was and I don't believe they want to spend their efforts on something, I believe, only one person complained about.

• Upvote 2

Protean Greninja is incredible, I have one on my save. Trust me on this. Later on when you can have a much more versatile move set it will be great since you can get STAB boost on any type and even turn your self into a type that resists your opponent. 

If you really hate it then you can use an ability capsule to switch to the non-hidden ability (torrent) but that would just make your Pokémon weaker tbh. 

20 minutes ago, Greninja_Jedi said:

Thanks, though this is both convenient and inconvenient because my greninja's moveset is pretty bad: Rock Smash, Water Shuriken, Quick attack, and Cut. Honestly? I think Rock Smash is throwing me off.

Why don’t you forget the move Rock Smash and Cut?

2 hours ago, Greninja_Jedi said:

Cut is pretty good. Also, I deleted Rock Smash on my quagsire which I am not using on my team currently and I am NOT replacing Earthquake. Although, I suppose I could get rid of infestation

You could buy golden items from the Hotel in Gearen city. Those items can be used instead of HM moves.

3 hours ago, Yahiro said:

You could buy golden items from the Hotel in Gearen city. Those items can be used instead of HM moves.

and cut in forest field is stong and useful for eg i used charizard in one play through i think the only trainer with a water mon was xen grunt with wishcash and i instantly destroyed it with cut from charizard.the location is the route to radio tower

>Complains about Greninja Protean being "inconvenient" despite the ability allowing for full STABs in every move
>Has Rock Smash and Cut on the moveset
>"Cut is pretty good"
>Name of OP is "Greninja_Jedi"

Sounds like a troll to me..

4.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 6/25/2021 at 9:52 PM, Greninja_Jedi said:

I like greninja. it's my partner. anything wrong with that? I just didn't know that protean always changes to single type.

No, changing into mono-type is actually the reason why it's good, since having only one type only gives you the weaknesses for that type, because it changes before he attacks you always do STAB so, damage wise, he getting "monotyped" doesn't affect anything but defensively it's amazing, let's say that only the Water-Type of Greninja changes with Protean and he remains Dark-Type on the secondary, well, people can just exploit that and go for a Bug, Fighting or Fairy move since it will be super effective anyways but since he goes monotype the enemy can only do super effect against whatever type he's changing into, having a secondary type when your ability changes yours literally before a strike is not beneficial at all, in fact, that could be a nice nerf for Protean and Libero if GameFreak thinks they are too OP.

13 hours ago, MhicKy said:

No, changing into mono-type is actually the reason why it's good, since having only one type only gives you the weaknesses for that type, because it changes before he attacks you always do STAB so, damage wise, he getting "monotyped" doesn't affect anything but defensively it's amazing, let's say that only the Water-Type of Greninja changes with Protean and he remains Dark-Type on the secondary, well, people can just exploit that and go for a Bug, Fighting or Fairy move since it will be super effective anyways but since he goes monotype the enemy can only do super effect against whatever type he's changing into, having a secondary type when your ability changes yours literally before a strike is not beneficial at all, in fact, that could be a nice nerf for Protean and Libero if GameFreak thinks they are too O

this scenario makes a competitive greninja one of the most dangerous pokemon in its tier in competitve water type then use spike or ice beam dark then use extrassensory,smack down gynk shot   its an edit if u didnt understand then what i meant water and dark type greninja use the moves above to combact against such oppnents 

• Like 1