Jump to content

Companionship, the last hope of humanity- SPOILERS


Recommended Posts

First greetings guys! Aiden here. First time writing a post here, so excuse me if I make mistakes. Yesterday, I finished playing Pokemon rejuvenation for the third time (I have been playing tons of games during the pandemic. Most are a re-run).

So, while playing rejuvenation, I experienced many things, like the feeling of a new start when MC meets Venam, sadness by the death and fake deaths of several characters, a sense of responsibility when everything is on MC's shoulders, and satisfaction when we achieve major accomplishments.

So, it's an all-round, power-packed game with a massive story with infinite perspectives and possibilities to explore.

But...(but is such a cool word, it just kicks everything out and starts anew)... one thing i wanted was a Pokemon. Not like, I need some random Pokemon but (here it is again) someone who is our soulmate. 

Like a Pokémon should be added, for the MC. Everyone’s got one lifetime partner. Melia’s togekiss, Venam’s seviper, Aelita’s hawlucha, huye’s flareon, ren’s Greninja/Silvally, Madame X’S yvelta, Madelis’s Houndoom, Mom’s slyveon, Vitus’s Gardevoir (I know she died) nearly all the gym leaders etc. The list keeps on going. So I think MC should have a partner Pokémon.

I know, everyone has different tastes, but (again dude) there must be some legendary who is everyone’s favorite, or at least give us a partner Pikachu with huge stats. Or if it is not a problem there can be multiple choices or a entirely new fakemon. No need for it to have much role in the main story but (okay now stop coming) there can be some side quests for it too.

You know it gives us a sense of companionship, I know we are interceptor and stuff, general Pokémon may sound a no match for us, that’s why a special Pokémon or a legendary is needed.

It might become a complex task to rearrange the stuff, but (Enough, dude) I believe it would be a good addition. It's your choice.

Finally kindly excuse me for any mistakes, and please tell me how to correct it so that I can post with less flaws (I wanted to add flawlessly, but (OH GOD, SHUT OUT YOUR FRICKING ASS MAN) it's a bit too good for a rookie).

AND if I accidentally copied someone else's idea, then I wholeheartedly apologize to the genius person.

Anyways thumbs up and a massive applause for the developers and every other person behind this fabulous game!

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Im actually doing a role play in Pokemon games
For me protaganists Ace's its their starter
In Reborn its Swampert
In Rejuv likely Blaziken
And etg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a few pokemon that can fill this role. First is obviously our starter, which hardly needs explaining; second would be Mawile, as its status as Nancy's dying gift makes it a bit more special than other pokemon; lastly, if you would prefer a legendary then Zygarde fits thematically with the Interceptor's role in the universe, along with being in the middle of what seems to be this games main legendary trio, and Zygarde is the only non-null legend we have access to.

 

iirc Jan also confirmed on Tumblr that Zygarde will have some impact on the story at some point, and seeing as we're the one who has it...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I think all those characters do choose to have their companion pokémon/their aces. As such, the MC/the player also can choose to have an important pokémon who doesn't leave the team, (or choose not to have it, lol). I had a shiny Medicham in the team since the first adventure with Melia, and along with a few more, will probably be from v13 on. I don't really like the idea to force a pokémon on the Main Character, like yeah as a symbol (like on Insurgence the main gang are chosen by a mythic pokémon) do what you want but I choose what pokémon goes with me, thank you very much.

 

Plus, yeah, I'm not against linking any character to a legendary/idea, like the Regis/protectors, Dialga/Palkia/Giratina and the three sisters, Melia and Arceus/Xerneas... I go with that other comment saying the Main Character would be linked to Zygarde. But I don't think this is about symbol pokémon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Darkwave said:

Im actually doing a role play in Pokemon games
For me protaganists Ace's its their starter
In Reborn its Swampert
In Rejuv likely Blaziken
And etg

That's how I too do it. I got a Greninja in both games and it's protean is very helpful, making it my ultimate ace and it has got good looks too.

Edited by Aiden Sato
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheHellHamster said:

There are a few pokemon that can fill this role. First is obviously our starter, which hardly needs explaining; second would be Mawile, as its status as Nancy's dying gift makes it a bit more special than other pokemon; lastly, if you would prefer a legendary then Zygarde fits thematically with the Interceptor's role in the universe, along with being in the middle of what seems to be this games main legendary trio, and Zygarde is the only non-null legend we have access to.

 

iirc Jan also confirmed on Tumblr that Zygarde will have some impact on the story at some point, and seeing as we're the one who has it...

Zygarde would be great. It's bulky when it turns 100% and has great stats with nice moves. And I think most of us will grab the chance, so adding zygarde's own side story would be awesome alongside a role in the past events.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, kithas said:

Yeah I think all those characters do choose to have their companion pokémon/their aces. As such, the MC/the player also can choose to have an important pokémon who doesn't leave the team, (or choose not to have it, lol). I had a shiny Medicham in the team since the first adventure with Melia, and along with a few more, will probably be from v13 on. I don't really like the idea to force a pokémon on the Main Character, like yeah as a symbol (like on Insurgence the main gang are chosen by a mythic pokémon) do what you want but I choose what pokémon goes with me, thank you very much.

 

Plus, yeah, I'm not against linking any character to a legendary/idea, like the Regis/protectors, Dialga/Palkia/Giratina and the three sisters, Melia and Arceus/Xerneas... I go with that other comment saying the Main Character would be linked to Zygarde. But I don't think this is about symbol pokémon.

Yeah i know a legendary sounds to good to be true and makes the battles easy. That's why it would be better with normal pokemon with a double evolution and good enough stats... (though MC still gets zygarde)

Edited by Aiden Sato
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thank you guys for giving insight. I still consider the ace Pokemon idea to be good but if it's otherwise, then it's no-problem.

Once again I apologize for any mistakes.

P.S. I didn't knew about the multi quote option, will remember to use it.

Edited by Aiden Sato
Link to post
Share on other sites

If we were going like this, I actually had three pokemon that I would consider a 'soul mate' to my character.  Mostly since those three had never failed me yet, and they're who I used in the tournament in GDC.  One being my starter pokemon, Ace the Sceptile (Still holding out for a Megastone), then Logan the Midnight Lycanroc i picked up on that Goldenleaf forest (Counter and Stone Edge for the win). and the Sylveon I got from Sheridan Village (Tanking tons of hits, while dealing decent damage herself).

 

While a definitive 'partner' pokemon would be cool, in the end it's up to the individual to find it themselves.   Someone may play the game with a Pelipper as their chosen partner.  Or just Zygarde once it's possible to fully create them.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not fond of fakemon or forcing a pokemon onto the players but if it does get implemented the only way I can see that would please mostly everyone and have less work to implement is the starters. In a dream scenario though you would be able to choose a pokemon from a list of non legendaries and have them follow you like in HGSS.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2021 at 12:19 PM, Xavier575 said:

If we were going like this, I actually had three pokemon that I would consider a 'soul mate' to my character.  Mostly since those three had never failed me yet, and they're who I used in the tournament in GDC.  One being my starter pokemon, Ace the Sceptile (Still holding out for a Megastone), then Logan the Midnight Lycanroc i picked up on that Goldenleaf forest (Counter and Stone Edge for the win). and the Sylveon I got from Sheridan Village (Tanking tons of hits, while dealing decent damage herself).

 

While a definitive 'partner' pokemon would be cool, in the end it's up to the individual to find it themselves.   Someone may play the game with a Pelipper as their chosen partner.  Or just Zygarde once it's possible to fully create them.  

I agree to that it's entirely the player's choice. That's why the best way, I believe, is to go for the starters. Most of the players out there use starters as an main mon for their lists, and it won't take extra work to create a scene or group of scenes to give the ace to the MC.

Finally if a legendary is to be chosen then Zygarde is the mon.

Thank you for your reply!

20 hours ago, The Swordsman said:

I'm not fond of fakemon or forcing a pokemon onto the players but if it does get implemented the only way I can see that would please mostly everyone and have less work to implement is the starters. In a dream scenario though you would be able to choose a pokemon from a list of non legendaries and have them follow you like in HGSS.

I too dislike fakemon, but just put it out as it was another way. And fakemon won't be good, because it will have to have a greater impact on the story and it will be a heck of a task to change the story.

As I have already posted, starters are the best option.

Thank you for your reply!

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...