Stuck in Terajuma Jungle, need help with Geara

snailfen

Hi, I'm new to the forums, not sure what I need to mark as spoilers or not but I'm stuck at Geara's fight in Terajuma Jungle. I'm playing casual mode.

My current team is:

Quagsire, Lv 40, knows Flame Burst, Surf, Yawn, and Earthquake.

Scolipede, Lv 40, knows Venoshock, Protect, Poison Tail and Steamroller.

Vivillon, Lv 37, knows Protect, Harden, Gust, and Bug Bite.

Samurott, Lv 41, knows Fury Cutter, Cut, Revenge, and Razor Shell.

Luxray, Lv 41, knows Charge, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, and Bite.

Lycanroc, Lv 37, knows Accelerock, Rock Slide, Sand Attack, and Bite.

I'm thinking that I should switch out my Lycanroc and Vivillon maybe and grind up some others, they haven't been doing me much help.

Here are the Pokemon in my boxes at the moment:

image.png.15a446a4cc0d1e438a3ae4cf8f2bc189.pngimage.png.49d7e3c3899268ea24909ca38418e357.png

The eggs are a Ducklett and a Serviper.

I also have a Pancham and a Houndour, but I left them at the nursery to grind and I'm guessing I'm not at the point where I can go back to the other Island so I can't get them.

Last resort I have been considering is going into my saves folder and seeing if I'm able to roll back to before I got taken so I can grab the two or some other pokemon that could help.

Like I said, I'm new to this so I don't know if I need to share any other info, so please tell me if I do.

God geara is such a stupid twink

Is there any specific Pokemon you're having trouble with?

You should be able to go back to Flora Island if you return to the Xen Battleship and talk to the Captain. Though, if it's available before Kakori I'm not sure.

1 option is do a bit of grinding swap vivveon for mawile as intimade support is nice spam rockslide with lycanrock yawn the threats ur struggling with an eevee evo could be nice also after this i recomend ev training ur mons as ur gonna need it later and iits good to have it early

3 minutes ago, Xoanon said:

Is there any specific Pokemon you're having trouble with?

You should be able to go back to Flora Island if you return to the Xen Battleship and talk to the Captain. Though, if it's available before Kakori I'm not sure.

I've only made it so far as taking down his Marowak and Masquerain. I think the ones I struggle with most would be his Clefable and Persian.

I went back to talk to him after you said this, he only responded saying his eyes weren't what they used to :(

heres his team also if this helps 

persian holding muscle band 

return 

fake out 

seed bomb 

dig 

Clefable sitrus berry 

flamethrower 

psychic 

dazzling gleam 

thunder wave 

Marowak alolan thick club 

fire punch 

flame charge 

shadow bone 

bonemerang 

masquerain charti berrie 

quiver dance 

bug buzz 

air slash 

scald 

Krookedile muscle band 

earth quake

crunch 

cut 

rock slide 

Gengar wise glasses

shadow ball 

dazzling gleam 

willow wisp 

sludge wave 

20 minutes ago, snailfen said:

I've only made it so far as taking down his Marowak and Masquerain. I think the ones I struggle with most would be his Clefable and Persian.

I went back to talk to him after you said this, he only responded saying his eyes weren't what they used to :(

I suppose you could try training a Seviper or Mawile to counter the Clefairy, but sadly Clefairy counters both of those...

As for Persian, if you're having trouble with Return and Fake Out, you could use your Mawile or one of your Ghost-types and switch into Vivillon if it uses Dig.

Though honestly, this is mostly just if you really need new Pokemon. It's possible you could spam Sand Attack on Clefairy too.

Edited by Xoanon

the shadow grimer u get early on is phenominal, being alolan its got more going for it and has put in the absolute finest of work for me no matter the run i do

the setup i use for it by end of release content is knock off, poison jab, fire punch, powerup punch with black sludge having poison touch ability

As others have suggested a ghost is useful for nullifying his fake out. Send in a non-ghost turn one then switch to the ghost. 

Also as ArcBolt27 suggested the Muk is really quite good but it seems like you did not snag it, so I guess ur out of luck there. 

The Dugtrio should outspeed Clefairy and hit with a steel move. Could be a good option?

Since it seems that you don't have a fighting mon as I did (Infernape), you could teach Rock Smash to either Geodude and evolve it into a Graveler or Mighteyna to counter Persian. 

Clefable has an counter for both poison and steel (Psychic and Flamethrower) but Dugtrio are VERY fast so out speeding it with Alolan Dugtrio is probably your best option. 

As someone mentioned there is a breeder on the Xen battleship that can be used for fast grinding. 

I could be remembering wrong but I don't believe that option is available until you go to the Secret Shore to find Crawli.