Run Ideas

Kixur

So, since I've seen a few unique run ideas for Reborn aside from the standard monoruns, I figured I'd make a topic for people to discuss various different Reborn run ideas. Feel free to post some of your own or comment on run ideas. These runs don't nessesarily have to make the game harder, but can provide just a fun and interesting way to play Reborn.

One idea that I've had recently is a 'Red's Run'. You start with Charmander. You are free to use any Pokemon you come across up until you have six of Red's canon team Pokemon from any game, which is when you are only allowed to use them. Other 'Red's Teams' Pokemon can be obtained and be used interchangeably.

Red's cannon teams in every game he has appeared in (according to Bulbapedia) have seen - Pikachu, Espeon, Snorlax, Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise, Lapras, Machamp, Arcanine, Meganium, Typhlosion, Feraligatr, Typhlosion, Jolteon, Scizor, Tauros, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, and Dragonite.

Optional Rule - Only Gen 1 Pokemon can be used prior to filling out Red's team.

I haven't done any 'runs' yet, so I'm not sure whether this would be doable and stuff, but what about a "Pokémon Lottery Run"? The idea is that you would get access to a new evolution line with every new area. Using a Pokémon randomizer on the internet, you generate a random Pokémon right after you enter a new area; the species you get and the rest of its evolution line are now unlocked and can be used from now on. This way you unlock more and more Pokémon as you progress in the game, and as the battles become tougher.

The specifics can vary depending on how hard you want the run to be:

- In order to get started, you want to have a number of rolls on the randomizer at the very beginning of the run. (I'd say somewhere between 5 and 30 rolls depending on what you choose to do with the other specifics below and on how hard you want to make it for yourself).

- You could allow yourself to trade with online players (so that you have access to rare unlocked Pokémon at any point in the game) or you could not, in which case I recommend increasing the number of rolls you get at the beginning of the run (because otherwise you might not even be able to get going properly).

- If you don't draw any starter at the beginning, it's up to you whether you allow yourself to use a starter. If you do draw one or more starters, you have to choose between those you got.

- Every time you draw a Pokémon you had already unlocked at another location, you could either allow yourself to try again or you could decide not to.

So, let me know what you guys think of the idea!

15 minutes ago, Reispher said:

What about run where you cannot use any items in battle, including Pokeballs. I did not try it but you could only use some of the event Pokemon (those you do not have to catch with pokeball).

So Volunteer-Only pokemon?

I’ve done several runs to make it more fun when I’ve already cleared the game with my fave Pokémon.

• Fairytale run: this is pretty subjective but I went ahead and looked up fairytales and Pokémon that I felt would represent those tales. I limited it to 12 mons.
  • Rainbow run: can use only Pokémon that have a rainbow-themed shiny sprite (this is only playable in games with custom shiny sprites lol)
  • Wonder-trade run: I think this is something common. You do a nuzlocke but every catch is exchanged in the WT.
  • Event-only run: I think it was already mentioned but it’s where you can only use mons that can be caught by in-game event.
  • No-evolution run: can only use mons that don’t evolve.
  • Aristocrat run: this is one that I didn’t do but would’ve done instead of the fairytale one in another timeline lol it’s a run where you can only use mons with aristocratic feel (nidoking, dragoknight, escavalier, etc

Im prolly forgetting some but those are the ones I remember rn

5 minutes ago, Candy said:

I’ve done several runs to make it more fun when I’ve already cleared the game with my fave Pokémon.

• Fairytale run: this is pretty subjective but I went ahead and looked up fairytales and Pokémon that I felt would represent those tales. I limited it to 12 mons.
  • Rainbow run: can use only Pokémon that have a rainbow-themed shiny sprite (this is only playable in games with custom shiny sprites lol)
  • Wonder-trade run: I think this is something common. You do a nuzlocke but every catch is exchanged in the WT.
  • Event-only run: I think it was already mentioned but it’s where you can only use mons that can be caught by in-game event.
  • No-evolution run: can only use mons that don’t evolve.
  • Aristocrat run: this is one that I didn’t do but would’ve done instead of the fairytale one in another timeline lol it’s a run where you can only use mons with aristocratic feel (nidoking, dragoknight, escavalier, etc

Im prolly forgetting some but those are the ones I remember rn

Shame Corviknight isn't in the game.  That last one is more or less what I'm trying to do in the pokemon tabletop game I'm in.

• Upvote 1

Currently I'm doing my official run after my original one. It's called Nature Theme Run based on the Nature Fairy Flora from Winx Club. I usually most that only on Reddit.

What it means: You can use only Bug/Fairy and Grass types in this game. No nuzlocke, just like a normal run.

Here's the link for more: https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonReborn/comments/l6269g/a_fairys_journey_nature_theme_run_a_few_words/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

I remember another idea I had a while back: a run where you have to fight every gym leader with Pokemon that were not available before the previous gym leader (e. g. you cannot use Mightyena for Florinia because it was available for Julia). I wanted to try it but then I realized that Noel and Amaria would likely be impossible.