Fly Map Won't Scroll

Lucifer Morningstar

I've beaten the nightmare that is Adam and GDC has been closed off due to the bombing at the ball. 

I'm assuming I am supposed to be able to fly back to Gearen City and perhaps am supposed to but I am a bit lost there as well, however in the Fly map, I can't scroll.

On my laptop PgUp and PgDn are my up and down arrows which are already in use as my directional keys that control the character. I have recently started using a controller but my keyboard configurations apply to the controller as well. 
Therefore I had to reassign the keys but it didn't make a difference. 

Whatever the assigned keys the scroll function in the Fly map doesn't work. 

So at the moment I'm not able to fly outside the Terrial Region map and have no access to GDC.

Is there perhaps still something I need to do before I'm allowed to leave the Terrial region? 

Most laptops have PgUP and PgDown in the Up and Down keys, you can use them, all you need to do is hold the Fn key between the Ctrl and Windows key and then press Up or Down.

This can also be used to quickly scroll through items as well as it will go a full page down or up depending of the key pressed instead of going one by one.

The Fn key is basically a key that alter the functionality of other keys on your laptop, for example, my F1 key on my laptop mutes the volume if I hold Fn while pressing it.

The last version lets you fly from GDC to other GDC districts only and from outside of GDC, to other outside of GDC places either. But after you exit the tournament you're not supposed to be able to enter GDC (that's why it's on lockdown) but the plot takes you from the tournament entrance itself.

3 minutes ago, Lucifer Morningstar said:

I'm not in GDC. The last main plot event I've finished is the Tournament which means I'm locked out. 

Then you should be able to exit the Tournament building (or to return there by train) and find the ship that should take you to the plot 😁

3 hours ago, kithas said:

Then you should be able to exit the Tournament building (or to return there by train) and find the ship that should take you to the plot 😁

Uh oh. 

I left the Tournament building and am not able to return, the train only gives me Grand Dream Station (which I can't select due to the lockdown: "This station is currently unavailable") and Route 9 as options.
The latter must be a glitch since I'm on Route 9.  

I didn't see a ship at the Tournament building. That's the reason I left. 

EDIT:

Alright. I used Debug to warp back to the Stadium and found the ship. It was night time and dark when I finished the tournament and I saw a large shape but couldn't figure out how to access it. 

It was worth it as in the meantime I finished the Labyrinth and the Karen quest. 

I don't know if this solves my Fly problem or not. The guide contains new quests and such from Neo Gearen before the events of Zone Zero that is a main reason I assume I should be able to fly out of the Terrial region now but I can't. 

I guess I'll finish Zone Zero first and then circle back to this issue if it persists. 

I think the game would let you go from Route 9 to the Tournament by train (like the first time) but, well. Now you should be able to move freely between fly screens with the equivalent of PgUp or PgDown then...

12 hours ago, kithas said:

I think the game would let you go from Route 9 to the Tournament by train (like the first time)

As I said the option for the stadium wasn't there and the route 9 train gave a route 9 option instead which just looped back to route 9. 

As to the Fly screen, my custom configuration still did not work.  
I reassigned PgUp and PgDn and while holding down Fn as @MhicKypointed out lo and behold, it worked. Perhaps due to the Fn requirement, that particular function can't be reassigned to different keys. 

For some reason East Gearen can't be selected but that's not an issue as it's not tedious to just take the truck from West Gearen. Though I haven't tried it yet, I assume the truck will allow it. 

Thanx to all that responded here for the help. 

• Upvote 1

No problem, had the same issue in my laptop as well and I remember someone helped me the same way since I didn't knew about the Fn key function

• Like 1