Yet another Glass Factory request for help

Nobinberg

Hi everyone! I need some help in the famous double battle at Glass Factory, I tried to follow all the advices I found here from other posts but I ended up losing everytime so I decided to make another post.

I was able to get rid of Shelly's Ribombee with a combo of bullet punch and mach punch but after that it goes downhill and I get easily owned.

Here's the team I tried using and the others I have on rotation, I thought of relying on speed but it didn't work so far:

Team Speed:

-Greninja lv89

Abilty: Torrent

Water Pulse

Hydro Pump

Water Shuriken

Dark Pulse

-Hitmonchan lv89

Abilty: Iron Fist

Mach Punch

Ice Punch

Fire Punch

Thunder Punch

-Crobat lv 89

Abilty: Inner Focus

Fly

Acrobatics

Poison Fang

Venoshock

-Ninetales lv89

Abilty: Drought

Flamethrower

Inferno

Feint Attack

Hex

-Scyther lv 89

Abilty: Steadfast

X-Scissor

Wing Attack

Swords Dance

Night Slash

-Metagross lv 89

Abilty: Clear Body

Zen Headbutt

Brick Break

Bullet Punch

Meteor Mash

Rotation:

-Lapras lv 89

Abilty: Shell Armor

Ice Beam

Brine

Waterfall

Freeze-Dry

-Swampert lv 89

Abilty: Damp

Waterfall

Hammer Arm

Muddy Water

Earthquake

-Feraligatr lv 89

Abilty: Sheer Force

Ice Fang

Crunch

Surf

Hydro Pump

-Gengar lv 89

Abilty: Cursed Body

Toxic

Dark Pulse

Hex

Shadow Ball

-Sawsbuck lv 89

Abilty: Sap Sipper

Solar Beam

Nature Power

Double-Edge

Horn Leech

-Persian lv 89

Abilty: Technician

Assurance

Thief

Night Slash

Feint

-Pangoro lv 89

Abilty: Mold Breaker

Hammer Arm

Sky Uppercut

Crunch

Low Sweep

-Sceptile lv 89

Abilty: Overgrow

Leaf Blade

X-Scissor

Giga Drain

Leaf Storm

-Ampharos lv 89

Abilty: Static

Dragon Pulse

Discharge

Thunder

Power Gem

-Nidoking lv 89

Abilty: Poison Point

Toxic Spikes

Poison Jab

Megahorn

Earth Power

-Mimikyu lv 89

Abilty: Disguise

Play Rough

Pain Split

Feint Attack

Shadow Claw

-Victreebel lv 89

Abilty: Chlorophyll

Leaf Blade

Sunny Day

Poison Jab

Nature Power

-Clefable lv 89

Abilty: Magic Guard

Dazzling Gleam

Metronome

Moonblast

Moonlight

-Steelix lv 89

Abilty: Rock Head

Stone Edge

Dig

Double-Edge

Iron Tail

-Dugtrio lv 89

Abilty: Sand Force

Dig

Slash

Earthquake

Stone Edge

-Absol lv 89

Abilty: Super Luck

Psycho Cut

Sucker Punch

Night Slash

Swords Dance

-Arcanine lv 89

Abilty: Flash Fire

Heat Wave

Flamethrower

Crunch

Extreme Speed

Thanks in advance for your help and sorry for the long post!

Breloom is great for this fight. Make sure it has poison heal as it’s ability, spore, brick break, and Mach punch. You can use it to put one  of the two Pokemon you face to sleep and 2 v 1 the other. Also it can stall Umbreon in battle 2 forever while you revive fainted Pokemon for the third round.

Alternatively Sand Stream Tyranitar and Sand Rush Excadrill can pretty much solo all three rounds. Evolve Scyther to Scizor for a bit of backup if needed.

• Like 1

Gengar and Arcanine are pretty good for this battle. Arcanine just spams Heat Wave, and Gengar deals with most of Cain's Pokemon. If sticky web's a problem, you could lead with Clefable, use Magic Coat, and then switch into Arcanine for Heat Wave spam

• Like 1

I used Espeon with Magic Bounce to take advantage of the Sticky Web. (Also, before this battle I did not EV train my Pokémon, nor did I pay any attention to IV's and nature. So, if you're also at that stage, I'd recommend EV training your Pokémon, because it works wonders.)

• Like 1

Thanks for your help guys, I'll try every advice you've given me, and yes I never EV trained anyone so I'm gonna learn how to do that too! :)

Do you know If i can Start EV train now or do I have to decrease my pokemon's level before starting?

No, you don't necessarily have to lower your levels to EV train. Let's say you want to EV train your Greninja with Sp. Attack and Speed. First you'll have to use friendship berries (found on the second floor of the department store) to lower all EV's except Sp. Attack and Speeld until all those stats are on 0. Next you give your Greninja either a Power Lens (Sp. Attack EV item) or a Power Anklet (Speed EV item). I'd recommend finding a Woobat spot next and repeatedly taking it out and having it respawn. Woobat yields 1 Speed and the Power item should give you another additional 8 Sp. Attack or Speed (depending on which Power item your Pokémon is holding). When your Sp. Attack or Speed EV is up to 252, you give it the other Power item to hold and do the same. At the end you still have 6 EV left (252 Sp. Att. + 252 Speed + 6 ??? = 510 Total), so you'll want to have your Pokémon hold another Power item to fill those up and beat a Woobat one more time. Given that the Woobat are low level, you should gain too much exp. with it. 

To find a training spot per stat, I mostly use the following post. There's a few more, so you can always look for those posts if this one doesn't have enough options.

Man, when writing there things I realise how bad I am at explaining stuff. Well, whatever, I hope this is useful and if you have any questions after reading this, don't hesitate to ask.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Yes, generally that's a good strategy I'd say. It also depends on how you want to use your Pokémon and what moves you have. Generally speaking, I opt for Speed + Attack/Sp. Attack (depending on whether it's a physical or special attacker) for Pokémon with high base Speed and offensive stats and HP + Defense + Sp. Defense (dividing the EV's according to whether I specifically want the Pokémon to defend physical, special or both types of moves) for Pokémon with defensive potential.

If you need specific advice on a Pokémon I'm always willing to provide some insights, just PM me if that's the case.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nobinberg said:

Thanks that's really useful, I didn't know almost any of this stuff! So I'm guessing I should train only the two highest stats of every pokemon

To expand a bit, unless you're using a defensive (such as Ferrothorn) or really slow Pokemon (also Ferrothorn), what you want to focus on are maximum speed, and maximum power in either attack or special attack. Mixed attackers exist, but are tougher to build and use, and normally exist for specific situations that don't really come up anywhere other than competitive play (using mixed Infernape to break the Skarmory+Blissey duo for instance). As you get more experience with EV training you'll know right away which stats to focus on.

Also if you ever aren't sure, or want to check you can also use Smogon's listings. While they aren't perfect for Reborn since the mechanics are a bit different, the Gen 7 lists are usually a safe starting point.

• Like 1