Good pokemon for early game (Before 1st gym)

Suchomemus

I have a Dartrix (Yes, not the best pokemon, I know) and a Joltik on my team at the moment. I'm looking for an additional team member to beat Julia with, because at the moment I'm just coming short from beating her with only these two. Any suggestions on what I should get?

Edited by Suchomemus
Typo

Mightyena is a good choice, especially with Moxie ability. Then there's Linoone, but you'd have to level Zigzagoon all the way up to 20. Goldeen with Lightningrod as its ability is a decent pick as well. You could also grab yourself a Trubbish mainly for Toxic Spikes.

You can catch a Patrat at the Opal Ward, near the Grand Hall. It evolves into a Watchdog at Level 20 (bring also Common Candies for sure) and has this troll moveset:

Hypnosis at Level 18

Detect at Level 11

Crunch at Level 16

Super Fang at Level 21 

Bide at Level 8 

Leer at Level 3

At most cases, just softreset bc most of the attacks accuracy is under 100. This little guy helped me sweep 4 of her team😁

Wormadam is amazing early game, as it learns Quiver Dance as early as Lvl 20, and it's useful for at least halfway of the game

then you can get a Budew during clear weather in Peridot Ward (north, next to train rails) if you got the Rose Incense (hidden next to a female trainer standing on a patch of grass, also next to train rails, in Lower Peridot Ward). Roselia is a really good mon for being available so early

and as already mentioned, Moxie Myghtiena and Lightningrod Goldeen are also great against Julia

Woobat is amazing, even if it has a type disadvantage against the first gym. It can evolve very early on by happiness which means it's stats are way too high compared to other Pokemon early game. It can have Simple and it learns Calm Mind naturally later on which along with it's naturally high speed makes for a great sweeper. It also has a good type matchup against most of the important fights in the earlier parts of the game.

• Like 1