An Aevium Adventure

CrystalStar

Rejuvenation Fanfic

Hope you like it!

Starring

Anthony: A 18 year old boy from Unova who tried and failed to take on the Unova Pokémon League. Coming to aevium to start over. Join him on his adventure through Aevium!

PROLOGUE

SEASON 1: THE START

PROLOGUE

Chapter 1: The Champion Battle

This was it. I could feel it. I was about to become the champion of Unova. There was only one thing standing in my way. Iris' haxorus. I had to beat with my last Pokemon standing- Royal (Aegislash).

The good thing was, WhiteDove (Swanna) had done significant damage with Ice Beam before going down to Draco Meteor. 

"So, looks like I've been cornered", Iris said. Although she tried to sound disdainful, I could hear the worry in her voice. 

"Yeah, you are.", I replied, and immediately ordered Royal to use Flash Cannon. But the Haxorus was faster than Royal and went for Fire Blast. Had Royal not been in its Shield Forme, and Haxorus' special attack lowered from Draco Meteor, Royal would've fainted, but it didn't. Royal then went for Flash Cannon which left Haxorus huffing and puffing. 

"Royal!", I shouted, "Go for the win with Shadow Sneak!"

And then, the Haxorus, which I was so sure would faint from Shadow Sneak, still managed to hold on. And it went for Fire Blast, which fainted Royal.

"No!", I cried. "I can't have lost. It couldn't be! After 6 months of solid training and raising my Pokemon, it comes down to this?!"

"I'm sorry Anthony. You lost. But don't break yourself up. That was the best Champion Battle I had in a long time. I would've lost had Haxorus fainted to Shadow Sneak. But you just have to train more and you can try again in a few months", Iris said consolingly.

"No, I'm done with Unova. I'm going to some other region and take on the Pokemon League there." I replied vehemently.

"Do as you wish. But I think that's a great idea. Where will you go?", she asked. I was ready for this question. "Aevium.", I replied "My mother's going there. And I had decided that if I lost to you, I will go to Aevium with her".

"Oh, I heard that place has 18 gyms. I wanted to go there myself but my champion duties clashed with that. Well, I wish you luck!", she told me.

"Thanks, I guess". And I went out of the Champion's room.

CHAPTER 2 LINK

Edited by sayar
  • Like 3

PROLOGUE

Chapter 2: Friends

I returned to my home in Castelia City. As I entered, my best friend John came at me grinning (or was it smirking?) and said, "I was watching the battle. You battle very well, Anthony. But you got overconfident and that led to your defeat.

"Shut up.", I warned him. "Don't make me want to punch you more than I already do"

"But is it true?"

"Is what true?"

"Are you really leaving Unova?"

"I am"

John looked devastated.

"But you're my best friend! What will I do without you?" He asked, looking miserable.

"Make new friends, I suppose", I said shrugging. "You have got loads of other friends. I am not your only friend."

"But you are my best friend" he insisted.

"You can't make me change my mind John. But I'll be in touch alright?" I told him.

"I guess so." He said.

"Good" I grunted.

We sat in silence for a long time

"Hey Anthony. Will you mind coming round to my place at six next evening? He asked tentatively.

"Why?"

"Please?"

"Oh, alright then."

"Thanks! Well, I must get going. See you tomorrow Anthony." 

And he was gone.

CHAPTER 3 LINK

Edited by sayar
  • Like 1

Curious to see how it will go.

Anthony may be a bit of a sore looser but at the same time it s an understandable frustration, and it s not bad to have a mc with drive.

Since he is an expert(champion level) i am guessing he will be able to be somewhat at ease in the first few stages, although maybe he will have trouble connecting with others and be even more frustrated when strentgh doesn't change the situation.

Well, here's chapter 3.

PROLOGUE

Chapter 3: All About Aevium (and Anthony!)

I was quite taken aback by John's sudden departure but I didn't think much about it. Mom was not home and I didn't have anything to do. So I thought about John saying that I got overconfident during the battle. And as much as I hate to admit it, he was right.

Under normal conditions, Haxorus should've fainted from the Shadow Sneak. But it was the bond

between Iris and her Haxorus that let it survive the hit.

'Oh well,' I thought to myself. 'I'll make it up to him tomorrow.

Around 6 that evening my mother, Nancy returned, laden with bags.

"Hiya mom," I greeted her. "Where were you?"

"I was at the new Castelia Mall. Shopping" she replied with a smile.

"Did you hear about the match?" I asked her, unsure of what I wanted to hearar.

"I did. And you battled brilliantly Anthony. But you got over confident, and that ruined your chances of winning" she said.

"John thinks so too" I sighed gloomily.

"And he is quite right. Listen to me Anthony. Don't get depressed. Aevium's nothing like you've seen before. You're gonna have the time of your life there." She told me.

"You think so?" I asked her doubtfully.

"I do think so, there are a ton of places to visit there. Trust me. And there are 18 badges to collect there. That means more training and better chances of winning against the champion. So stop whining" she told me sternly.

"You're right mom. I can't get depressed. I'm really excited about Aevium" I said.

"Right, Aevium. Here. Something to take your mind of things" and she gave me two books."Here are some books on Aevium. I thought you might like it"

I looked through the books. One was on the history of Aevium and the other was a guidebook for trainers.

"Thanks mom. I'll read through them" I thanked her. And I went to bed.

I lay in bed thinking for a long time about what mim had said. She is right. I cant get depressed. And I certainly can't become stronger by doing nothing.

After thinking about all that I took the book on history on Aevium.

"Aevium was once a lush region. But then, 50 years ago, the terrible calamity called Storm-9 came and devasted the region and tore it into different islands. Since then the region, with the help of all people and Pokemon, the region has restored itself."

These words were at the start of the book. I knew about Storm-9. All the regions in the world had been affected by it. I wasn't present when Storm-9 occurred. But I had read in history books that the whole of Aspertia City, Nuvema Town and Route 19 had been destroyed by a large tsunami. The Castelia Port had also been destroyed by the same tsunami.

I flicked through the book at random and opened a page titled- "Garufa: The ancient people of Aevium"

The name sounded interesting, so I began to read.

"The Garufa were an ancient tribe of Aevium who detested all Pokemon but liked a few. They also used to perform rituals, which often included sacrifices. The sacrifices also sometimes included Pokemon. And it was through these sacrifices that the Garufa created mysterious items called 'Crests'. Crests are items which when put on a Pokemon, increase it stats. However, there is only one specific type of crest for one Pokemon. And all Pokemon don't have crests."

I stopped reading. Disgusted by the fact that Pokemon were used by the Garufa. But I was intrigued by the crests. What kind of magic, I asked myself, can turn the sacrifice of a Pokemon into an item which boosts the Pokemon of the same species as the Pokemon sacrificed.

Mulling over things, I fell asleep. 

The next day I woke up quite suddenly. I turned in my bed and picked up the guidebook on Aevium. I flicked to the Pokemon League section. 

"Aevium has 18 Pokemon Gyms, one for each type. After beating all the Gym Leaders and collecting all 18 Gym Badges, trainers must proceed to the Elite Eight and defeat them. Only after beating them the trainer will have a chance to procede to the Champion's Room and battle with the current Champion of Aevium for the title of Champion"

Surprised, I stopped reading. So Aevium has an Elite Eight instead of the Elite Four which is the norm for all other regions. Well, that would provide a fun challenge. Next, there was a list of the Aevium Gym Leaders by Rank.

Aevium has 18 Gym Leaders-

1. Venam (Poison)
  2. Keta (Fighting)
  3. Narcissa (Ghost)
  4. Valarie (Water)
  5. Crawli (Bug)
  6. Kreiss (Ice)
  7. Amber (Fire)
  8. Saki (Steel)
  9. Volta (Electric)
  10. Flora (Grass)
  11. Lavender (Psychic)
  12. Talon (Flying)
  13. Adam (Rock)
  14. Ryland (Ground)
  15. Damien (Dragon)
  16. Deagan(Dark)

Surprisingly, there were no mentions of a Fairy or a Normal type Gym Leader.

My mother had told me last night that we would be going to a place called East Gearen City. The guidebook said that it was filled with weak pokemon and new trainers. I was horrified by that. It wouldn't be fair if I brought champion-level Pokemon against new trainers. 

I decided that I'll go to Nuvema Town and hand my Pokemon in to Professor Juniper today. It hurt to do this, but it was the right thing to do. I will bring them out again when I get to the level they are right now when in Aevium.

I discussed this with my mother, and she agreed with me.

Well, I'll hand them in later.

After that I flicked through the book yet again and opened a random page. It was about one of the city of Aevium. It was titled 'Grand Dream City: The City of Dreams'

The name sounded interesting. So I began to read.

"Grand Dream City, often simply abbreviated as GDC, is the largest city in Aevium and located in the Terrial Island. It has a total of 8 districts, and houses two Aevium Gym Leaders. It also has PokeStar Studios." 

GDC sounds interesting. I will go there at first opportunity. And PokeStar Studios is awesome. I couldn't wait for day after tomorrow, when I'll be leaving for Aevium.

I glanced out of the window and saw it was late in the morning. I decided to go to Nuvema Town now since it will take a long time to go through Skyarrow Bridge and Pinwheel Forest. And then go to John's house since he invited me there.

Spoiler

Next time catch Anthony as his visit to Nuvema Town goes horribly wrong!

CHAPTER 4

Edited by sayar
  • Like 1

Thanks for the chapter!

Don't worry anthony you won't need to hold back for very long

It s not a big deal but i thought that

Spoiler

lavender was only nominated once melia went missing.That said she could have just as well always been a leader and have just moved to gdc, and it really doesn't matter even if it isn't

Interesting for nancy to be a stern mom.

Aevium having actual brochures is surprising but it s not like the region is a mess anymore, and most of those facts should be common knowledge anyway

Nancy cares for Anthony. But he can let his emotions get to him sometimes. That's when Nancy becomes stern. As for Lavender getting nominated when Melia went missing I didn't know who to place as Psychic-leader.

Nice to know that I have atleast one reader. Lol

Ty for reading!

Edited by sayar

Given your view count and who liked your post (I realized only a few weeks ago that you got to see that after a while), you have more than one reader. But a significant fraction of readers won't systematically (or at all) post comments about it (compare the number of comments and the number of views for most fiction, at least on this website). 

That was a fine chapter (just, if I may, try to proof-read your future chapters -- there are a few mistakes, not too bad but still).

I wonder why they all call Anthony overconfident? It wasn't like he had any other choice with Iris but to go for Shadow Sneak, given that the Haxorus was faster anyway... Then again, we didn't see the rest of the battle. 

(also, please, Anthony, don't leave your Pokemon to Prof. Juniper, you are so going to need them...

why do I even bother. There's a plot in motion, isn't there? 😅)

2 hours ago, Mindlack said:

(also, please, Anthony, don't leave your Pokemon to Prof. Juniper, you are so going to need them...

why do I even bother. There's a plot in motion, isn't there? 😅)

something's gonna happen

in the next chapter 

2 hours ago, Mindlack said:

Given your view count and who liked your post (I realized only a few weeks ago that you got to see that after a while), you have more than one reader. But a significant fraction of readers won't systematically (or at all) post comments about it (compare the number of comments and the number of views for most fiction, at least on this website). 

i meant that as a joke. LOL

btw, it was actually your reborn series and another series that inspired me to write this 

hey, how do u put signatures at bottom ?

got it

Edited by sayar

Ch. 4. enjoy !

PROLOUGE

Chapter 4: Devolving?

I finished reading the books and headed downstairs.

"Hi, mom. I'm going to Nuvema Town now. I'll be late." I said, saddened.

"Sure thing, dear. I'll have lunch ready for you when you come back home" she replied.

"Alright mom. See you later!" I said and headed out.

It was a long walk towards Skyarrow Bridge. I decided to ride on the back of Firestorm (Rapidash) since it'll be quicker that way. I reached the bridge and took out Firestorm's PokeBall.

"Come out, Firestorm!" I shouted. "Ready for a long ride to Nuvema?" I asked him. "Rapiiiiiii!" He neighed. "Good" I said. "Alright, let's go!" and I rode off.

I entered Pinwheel Forest and decided to go through the straight route. As I approached the middle of the road, I saw a commotion ahead. Some workers were cutting what seemed like a tree trunk.

"Hey! Don't come near" a worker shouted upon seeing me come nearer.

"But why? What's happening?" I asked him, perplexed. "We don't know, but we came here this morning and we saw that some trees had fallen onto the straight route to Nacrene City. So we are working on clearing a route. We won't be done for a few hours. If you wanna go to Nacrene City you'll have to go through the route through the forest" the worker explained.

"Aww, too bad" I said. Firestorm had trouble walking through the tall grass since very few people used that path anymore and it became unkempt and the grass growed very long.

"Alright. Firestorm, return to your PokeBall" I sighed resignedly.

I sent out Snek (Serperior) out of its PokeBall to keep me company through the forest. As I was walking (crashing will be a better word) through the forest, I saw a woman blocking the way through.

"Um, excuse me, will you mind moving out of the way? I need to go through" I asked her.

"As a matter of fact, I do mind" she replied. "We need to talk"

I looked at her. Taking in her appearance. She was wearing a white suit and over her eyes there were red goggles preventing me to see her eyes. I had never seen her life before.

"I'm sorry but I don't know you. Now kindly move out of the way.

"You may not know me, but nor do you need to know me, Anthony"

"How d'you know my name?"

"Does it really matter?"

"It does, now tell me how you know my name"

"I think I'm the one asking questions here" she replied coolly. "Now tell me, where are you going."

"What is it to you!" I shouted, now starting to get seriously annoyed.

"There there, no need to get so angry. You're going to Nuvema Town to hand in your Pokemon to Professor Juniper because your Pokemon are over leveled and you want to make things fairer by using much weaker Pokemon, aren't you?"

"How?" I said, thunderstruck.

"That expression on your face confirms it. I need just one final thing from you now" she said, looking at me directly in the eye (maybe I imagined it, I certainly couldn't see her eyes)

"What?" I asked her, apprehensive.

"A Pokemon Battle" she replied,taking out a PokeBall.

"Let's get this over with" I said, taking our mine.

And so our battle began.

The first Pokemon she sent out was Beheeyem, a Psychic-type. I sent out Royal to counter it. "Alright Royal, use Shadow Sneak!" I ordered him. Shadow Sneak did damage, but not as much as it should, and the Beheeyem used Recover to regain its health. However, the next turn when I told Royal to use Shadow Sneak again, it couldn't. Horrified I took out my PokeDex and checked Royal's stats. It showed that Shadow Sneak was disabled. How, I didn't know. So I ordered Royal to use Flash Cannon which Royal luckily got a critical hit on, and the Beheeyem fainted.

The next Pokemon was Mismagius, a Ghost-type. Unfortunately, Royal's Shadow Sneak was still disabled. So I swapped out Royal for Snek. The Mismagius went for Shadow Ball and it did damage. Serperior landed a field-boosted Leaf Storm which fainted Mismagius.

After Mismagius, she sent out a Normal-type Porygon-Z. I sent out Driller (Excadrill) to deal with it. Driller went for Earthquake which did over half of the damage despite being nerfed by the Forest Field. It went for Hidden Power which was super-effective and did over half of Driller's health. Luckily, Driller was faster and another Earthquake finished the Porygon- Z off.

Next came out a Stantler. I sent out WhiteDove. Stantler was faster and went for Return which would've KO'd White dove, but it held on. I suddenly thought, 'This is what happened back in my Battle with Iris'. I told WhiteDive to go for Hurricanes. Which did damage and confused it. Unfortunately, the next Return KO'd WhiteDove. I sent out Driller to deal with it and the Stantler fainted.

Down to two Pokemon, she sent out a Klingklang. I sent out Firestorm to deal with it and a single Flare Blitz ohko'd it.

Her final Pokemon was...... I don't know. It was a large, purple coloured Pokemon with what looked like wings. The PokeDex couldn't recognise the Pokemon but it told me it was a Psychic/Dragon type. This a job for Riser (Espeon). I sent it out and the odd-looking Pokemon used Heat Wave. Riser tanked the hit and went for Psychic. Finishing the battle.

"Those Stantler and Beheeyem are not normal! What have you done to them?" I asked her.

"Well well well, you are a strong trainer. And I'm sure you know about Crests. So time for me do this. Beheeyem, do it" she said.

"What're you on abou-?" I began to ask but stopped. A bright light was coming from the Beheeyem. Then there was a flash of green light. Momentarily, I couldn't see anything. But when I was able to see, I saw that she, her Beheeyem and my Pokemon had disappeared. So Crests can make Pokemon powerful. I didn't care about her, but I was concerned about my Pokemon.

"Royal? Snek?" I called out. But nobody appeared.

"Royal? Snek? Riser? Driller? Firestorm? WhiteDove? Guys? Where are you?" I called out again. Then suddenly, an Eevee came towards me. That's odd, Eevee can't be found in Pinwheel Forest. They can be found in the Castelia Park. "Hang on" I said, seized by a sudden suspicion. "Are you Riser?" I asked it. The Eevee nodded. "But then that means that..."

A Honedge, Ducklett, Ponyta, Snivy and Drilbur appeared.

"Oh god" I said.  I returned them to their PokeBalls and ran towards Castelia City. There was no need to visit the Professor now.

"...Are you sure you're not joking Anthony?" John asked.

"Why would I joke about something like this?" I asked him.

It was late evening. I had gone back to Castelia and straight to John's house a little earlier than he expected and turns out that he, along with a few other friends had planned a surprise party for me because it was my birthday today which I had completely forgotten. My other friends- Emilia, Howard and Natalie were looking at me because I had told them what happened in the forest.

"You attended the seminar by Professor Elm on Pokemon Evolution. Am I right John?" Natalie asked him.

"I did" he said slowly.

"Did he mention anything about Pokemon Devolving?" This time it was Howard who asked.

"No" he said.

"Well then there's only one explanation." Emilia said.

"What?" The rest of us asked together.

"It's a possibility that Anthony's Pokemon traveled back in time"

"That could be true but it's highly unlikely" John said.

"Well, Pokemon revert after Mega Evolving. And since none of Anthony's Pokemon are capable of Mega Evolving, that's the only explanation. Pokemon can't devolve naturally" she explained.

"By the way, what're you going to do with your Pokemon Anthony?" Natalie asked, watching Royal, now a Honedge, zooming over our heads.

"I'm taking them with me. Because they are weak in their pre-volved forms. And that was the reason I went to Professor Juniper." I replied.

"Right, you're leaving tomorrow, aren't you?" Howard asked.

"Yep" I answered him.

"Well, I think I should get going now. It's getting late. See you guys tomorrow!" Natalie was gone.

And after that Howard and Emilia took their leave too.

I was left alone with John.

"Well John, I think I should also go. Thanks for the wonderful party" I said and I was about to go when-

"Hey Anthony" he said. "I'm sorry"

"Sorry for what?" I asked him.

"For telling you that you became overconfident in the battle against Iris. I know I made you angry that day" he apologized.

I looked at him. 

"Forget it John. You were right and I've come over it. Alright?" I told him.

"Thanks" he said. "So..."

"Bye. I'll see you tomorrow"

CHAPTER 5

Spoiler

next time catch Anthony as he departs for aevium!

Edited by sayar
  • Like 2

We know that red-haired <derogatory term> is pretty OP in Rejuv, but I'm pretty sure devolving Pokemon through time-travel is a new trick. Is Anthony playing Rejuv in Extra-Hard mode? (that's a joke)

(Slightly more seriously, if she did this once, what's stopping her from doing it again at not-so-convenient times?)

Again, it's a nice chapter. I'm curious to see how you will relate the upcoming events.

On 10/13/2020 at 3:25 PM, sayar said:

btw, it was actually your reborn series and another series that inspired me to write this

I never expected to read this from anyone. Thank you.

4 hours ago, Mindlack said:

(Slightly more seriously, if she did this once, what's stopping her from doing it again at not-so-convenient times?)

I don't know if it actually ever happens in the game.

As for her being able to time travel is taken from the hoverboard dude.

And the Pokemon Devolving is taken from the dufaux quest when dufaux sends adult Narcissa's back in time and brings a younger version.

44 minutes ago, sayar said:

And the Pokemon Devolving is taken from the dufaux quest when dufaux sends adult Narcissa's back in time and brings a younger version.

Wait. So could it be possible that the Pokemon didn't really devolve but they were brought to the future as the fully evolved mons were brought back to the past?

I'm keeping the plot pretty much the same with a few changes here and there.

So the arrival will be pretty much the same

Spoiler
2 hours ago, Evi Crystal said:

Kinda because of a horde of space pokemon and some evil team raiding maybe😂

Sorry, but I kinda had to do this. Please don't kill me

SO YOU'VE CHOSEN DEATH

1 hour ago, sayar said:
  Hide contents
3 hours ago, Evi Crystal said:

Kinda because of a horde of space pokemon and some evil team raiding maybe😂

Sorry, but I kinda had to do this. Please don't kill me

SO YOU'VE CHOSEN DEATH

FIIIIIIGHT MEEEE!!! I'm not afraid of you🗡🛡

• Haha 1

A ling time sine the last chapter. But things haven't been going too well. After downloading some new updates my PC won't start. Which means i have to watch a playthrough to cover important plot points i may have missed.

Thanks for reading my rant. Here's Chapter 5 (the final chapter of the Prologue).

PROLOGUE

Chapter 5: Departure

I went back home to find my mother waiting for me. I told her what had happened and she told me that she had never seen anything like that, ever. 

"No use worrying about it now. Atleast you won't have to leave them" she told me. 

"I suppose that's true," I sighed.

"You had better go now and pack your bag. We are leaving tomorrow," she reminded me.

"Right" I said and went upstairs.

The next day we went to the Castelia Port to get our ship. The ship's name was the S.S. Oceana. It was a luxury liner (Or so i had heard). 

We arrived at the port and saw my friends gathered there to say goodbye. 

"All right there, future Champ"  Natalie greeted me. 

"How do you know i am the future Champion?" I asked her.

"I just know that. Because you are a great trainer," she replied. 

"She's right. Now, you had better keep in touch or else I will personally come over and hunt you," Howard tried to sound intimidating. But he didn't realize that nobody found him frightening.

"Hah. Yeah, right" I replied, smirking.

We talked for some time and then it was time to board the ship.

"Well, I think i had better get going, I may not come back for a very long time. Aevium is very big" I said.

"Sure thing Anthony. Bye!" John said. 

"Keep in touch!" Emilia said.

I left them and boarded the ship with my mother. I looked back and they were waving at me. I waved back at them and turned away. I felt sad and happy and happy at the same time. Sas because I won't be seeing my friends and Unova for a very long time. Happy because I was going to a new region. Who knows what I'd find there?

I started to explore the ship. The ship was very big. There was even an arcade. The captain was an old man from the Hoenn region called Augustus Briney. He also owned a large Pelliper named Peako who always made it rain because of its ability. So it had to stay outside. Lest it flooded the interiors of the ship with its rain.

The other passengers were very friendly. And the days passed swiftly until....

Spoiler

Next tine catch Anthony as he arrives at Gearen with nothing!

CHAPTER 5 LINK

Edited by sayar
  • Like 3