An Aevium Adventure

CrystalStar

• 2 weeks later...

So

End of Prologue

Time for the first Season

SEASON 1: THE START

Also, I cut the ship sequence on half since the chapter was getting too long.

Chapter 6: Eavesdropping surprises

The final day of the voyage arrived. I woke up that morning and my mother greeted me.

"Good morning Anthony, today is the final day of our voyage. We'll arrive at Oceana Pier this evening," 

"Good," I replied.

"And that reminds me, have you registered for the Aevium's League?" she asked.

I was horrified. "I completely forgot!" I gasped. Which was perfectly true. The voyage had been so fun that I completely forgot about getting registered for the league.

"Well, you had better do that now. Because there's gonna be a banquet in the evening to mark the end of this voyage and you won't have time to do it later," she warned me.

"Thanks for reminding me mum. I'm gonna go do that right now," I said and went out of the room.

I went down to the ship's cyber cafe and sat down at one of the stations. There were a few other trainers around me. All registering for the Aevium League. I powered on the computer and the screen blinked to life.

A woman with red hair appeared on the screen.

"Hi," she smiled. "I'm Amanda. I'm what you'd call a League Scout. You know, scouting trainers for the Aevium League," she said.

"I see," I replied.

"So you're a new trainer?"

"Er... Not really. I was a trainer in the Unova Region before coming to Aevium,

"Oh. Now then... Name?"

"Anthony"

"Age?"

"18 years"

"Alright, let me put that info on the computer and... Done. Do you want to know anything else?" she asked.

"No," I replied.

"Alright then. When you arrive at Gearen City come straight to the Gearen Labotary. I guess I'll see you when you get to the Gearen Labotary then. Don't forget. Gearen Laboratory!" she signed off.

The screen went black.

As I collected my shiny new trainer card and came out of the cyber cafe, I heard my mother's voice.

"Hm, I wonder if Anthony's finished with his registration yet?"

She saw me.

"Ah! There you are. Did everything go smoothly? Since you're done with the registration, would you mind taking a quick stroll with me?" she asked.

"Sure thing, mum," I replied.

We started strolling together up the ship. We stopped behind a pair of huge doors. 

"You see those doors? When the ship is close to docking at Gearen City, the feast will be held there," she explained.

"Wow!" I exclaimed.

"Amazing isn't it?" and without waiting for an answer she went on, "Now I know that things have been difficult ever since we left, but we mustn't become depressed, okay?

"What're you talking about mum?" I asked, completely nonplussed. True, I was a bit sad about leaving my friends but I didn't take that too badly. After all, I still called them every other day. But I couldn't help noticing that my mother's eyes were far away. 

"Are you okay mum. Everything is fine right?" I asked her.

"What? Oh, of course everything is fine! 

So there's some time left before the feast. Why don't you explore the ship until it's time?" she advised me.

"I'll do that," I told her.

"Good, I'm happy to hear that. Now I've some stuff left to do. So I'll meet you later then, alright?" she said.

"OK," I replied.

Then she went downstairs and was gone.

Well, that was strange. But I didn't think much about it.

I walked down the ship thinking about Gearen City when I didn't notice that my legs had carried me to an empty room. The doors were open. Now that's weird. 

I entered the room and saw a man standing there, his back against the wall.

"Hey, what're you doing there? This room is supposed to be empty," I asked him.

"Oh I saw this room's door open and came in here and would you believe that? If you press your ear against that wall you can hear what's going on in the next room!" he explained, pointing at the walls his back had been against.

"Really?" I asked, intrigued. 

"Here, you can try," and he moved away from the wall.

I went towards the wall and put my ear against it. The man was not joking. I could really hear what was going on the next room. There was a knock on the door of the next room and a deep woman's voice said "Enter". I was about turn away when I heard something.

My mother's voice.

"Crescent...? It's me..." I heard my mother say.

"Yes, come in," I heard that deep woman's voice say, whom I presumed to be Crescent. "So you do understand the position you're in, correct?

"Yes, I believe so, but if I'm honest... I'm not sure if I'm read. I know what you said about me before, but I genuinely feel fear," replied my mother.

What're they talking about?

"Stop talking nonsense. I don't want to hear your faux emotions," Crescent said.

Faux Emotions?

"All I'm interested in hearing is that you telling that you're ready to take this role. I'm sorry, it's my fault really, really.i just didn't make your position clear enough from the beginning. Either you're ready to fulfill your duty, or you are of no use to me. You don't get the option to tell me if your ready or not," she continued.

What role? What position? And ready for what?

"Yes Crescent, I understand. I think all I need is a little bit of time," my mother said.

"Time is all you have left. All I want to see is Anthony smile. That's all. Once we dock at East Gearen City, you're to go to West Gearen City and live normal lives. If I ever get a small inkling of betrayal from you, I won't hesitate to-"

"You don't have to worry about that. I have no plans to do such a thing..." my mother cut in.

"Good, I'm glad to hear it. Now that we're clear on what to do, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. The banquet is going to start soon and I need to get ready," said Crescent.

"I'll be on my way then," I heard my mother say and the door closed.

Back in the next room, I was standing breathing heavily. What was all that about? What did that woman Crescent mean by 'Wanting to see me smile again'? And living in West Gearen City, does that mean I won't get to explore Aevium? No that cannot be the case I was so confused by all that. What was going on?

Spoiler

Next time catch Anthony as he escapes the burning ship and arrives at Gearen,

CHAPTER 7 LINK

Edited by sayar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Get ready for an action-packed chapter!

Chapter 7: The Escape from the Drowning Ship

I was so confused by all that. I didn't have the faintest idea what was happening but there was nothing I could possibly do.

I checked my watch and got a shock, it was time for the banquet to start!

I hurried downstairs and just as I was about to enter the room I heard my mother say,

"So eager to eat that you're willing to leave your poor mother behind?"

I turned as she came towards me. 

"Mum!"

For a split second, I wondered if I should tell her what I overheard between her and Crescent. But then I decided against it. It was best not to worry her. I pushed the matter to the back of my mind.

"Don't worry, I am only teasing you. Let's get seated, shall we?" she said, pulling me back to the present.

"Sure thing, Mum," I replied.

We entered the room and sat down at a table.

Then Captain Augustus stood to give a speech.

"Greetings everyone!" he said. "It's my pleasure to hold this lovely banquet on such a magnificent day! This marks the end of our week long journey together. I hope that this trip will stay with you in your memory forever. And perhaps one day we shall see each other again! And with that all said and done, I'd like the banquet to commence!" he continued.

The banquet started and just as I was about to start eating, I heard a voice.

"Sorry, but I am going to have to postpone this little party," someone said.

Then three figures dressed in black entered the room.

"Who are you three? What is the meaning of this?" Captain Augustus asked.

"We're going to need you three to stay put and listen very carefully," one of the figures said, giving no sign that she had heard Augustus. "We have explosives on board this ship. Any act of rebellion will result in a calamity none of you can afford. So let's just get through it nice and easy, okay?" she continued.

I was horrified.

"Y-You're hijacking the ship?" Augustus asked.

"Hijacking? No, no, that's too barbaric. We're here to pick up someone," the female figure replied.

Surprised, I sat stunned, and from what I could see of Augustus, he was stunned too. My mother, on the other hand, screamed.

"G-Get Anthony out of here now!"

"Don't make any funny movements! No one's leaving this room. You hear?" one of the grunts shouted.

"...Hmph," I heard Crescent.

"I said don't move!" the grunt shouted again.

"Get him out of here this instant!" my mother shouted even louder.

"Gothitelle, you know what to do," I heard Crescent say. 

I turned around, and behind me was a woman. She was Crescent. And beside her was a Gothitelle preparing to use a move.

"No, wait-" I began, but it was too late.

"Goaaaaa!" the Gothitelle cried, and teleported me somewhere.

"You're all going to regret this," the grunt said and stormed out of the room.

Meanwhile, I was teleported to the captain's cabin. I looked around me, and saw the door. What happened? Why did my mother shout like that?

I went out of the room and looked around. The ship was in total destruction. Seems like they weren't bluffing. And from the cracks I saw weird tentacle like vines. I was careful not to touch them as I madey way downstairs. 

Heard pounding, I made my way to the second floor, where I saw the lady who had been playing the piano in the banquet room.

"Hey! Aren't you that kid who disappeared out of thin air?" she saw me and asked.

"Uh... yes," I replied.

"What happened to you?" And without waiting for an answer she continued, "Anyway, that's not important at the moment. What's important is getting off this ship. Right after you disappeared, some guy detonated an explosive on the hull of the S.S. Oceana. Water is gushing in at an alarming rate. If we don't find a way out soon... And that coupled with these weird tentacle things... They seem harmless, but they seem to be watching our every move. It's almost as if they're trying to observe us, or to look for something. You should go on ahead. I'll stay here and see if anyone needs help," she said.

"Alright," I said and continued downstairs. I was starting to feel scared. What had happened? What had those people come for? I arrived in front of the banquet room and entered. Inside, I saw Captain Augustus.

"Anthony! I am glad to see that your doing okay," he exclaimed upon seeing me enter.

"Really? You call this okay? The state we are in?" I asked him incredulously.

"Uh, not really. Seems like this perfect day has taken quite the turn, hasn't it? Who's do such a thing?" he said.

"No idea," I replied. "Hey have you seen Nancy?" I asked.

"Er... No. I have no idea where she is. When the bomb exploded, it knocked me out. When I came to, there was nobody in this room. Water is gushing through the belly of this ship as we speak. It won't be long before the S.S. Oceana rests at the bottom of the ocean floor forever. I think I'm going to stay here in my own misery for a bit. There were some people at the exit trying to stop the water from rising. You should speak with them. They could've seen your mother," he replied.

"So you're going to stay here and wait for the ship to drown?" I said, appalled. "You're the captain! Surely you can escape?" I continued. Getting more and more apalled by the second.

"But I can't. I can't, escape" he replied.

"What about Peeko? What will he do if you're gone?" I asked him, starting to get annoyed.

He gave me a sad smile. 

"Peeko will be fine. He's a Pokemon of the sea, after all, meanwhile, I have nothing to escape this site sinking ship," he replied.

"Alright, suit yourself. I'm going down to find my mother and then find a way to get off this ship," I said and left him in the banquet room, looking morose.

I went down to the lowest level where the water was pouring in. There were a few men trying to stop the water from flowing in. Although they were trying their hardest, they couldn't stop the water from entering.

"There's nothing we could do. The hole is too big. We can't stop the water from entering," one of the men said.

"Our pokemon can't do it as well, we should try to find the life rafts and escape," another said. 

"Hey wait... do you see that dark thing in the water?" the first man asked the second.

"Yeah, it's very faint but I can see it as well! What d'you think it is?" the second man asked.

But just then, the dark figure rose. The figure looked like a Deoxys, but it was different, with teh weird tentacles that I had seen. Before anyone could make a movement or a sound, the Deoxys-like thing grabbed the two men and disappeared. That was horrendous. I couldn't believe what I saw. I was extremely scared.

There's was a moment's silence then,

"We should go hide in the Cargo Hold!" an old woman said. "There's nowhere else. Hey you! Go and tell the man blocking the Cargo Hold to move!" she continued, pointing a finger towards me.

I nodded and started to head towards the direction of the Cargo Hold. But as I was walking, I saw another one of those weird Deoxys thingies grab the man who was blocking the entrance towards the hold and disappear. I was shocked, but I kept walking. I entered the Cargo Hold and saw my mother. She was trying to control the water with her Sylveon.

"... It's no use, the water can't be controlled," she said, not noticing me.

"Mum!" I shouted.

She turned and saw me.

"Anthony, is that really you?! What are you doing down here? I thought that you were some where safe..." she trailed off.

" It's no use hiding from me mum. I heard you and Crescent. What's happening?" I asked her.

"You heard us? But... how? Nevermind, that's not the important thing right now. The ship won't last very long Anthony. We're going to have to abandon it. I have a Pokemon who we can use to surf to the shore. But as for the other people-" she was about to say something else but we were interrupted.

"What makes you think you are safe from our onslaught?" a voice suddenly said.

A woman with purple hair appeared in front of us. She literally just materialized out of thin air.

"We came here for one purpose, and for one purpose only. And we're not leaving until we've fulfilled that purpose," she continued.

"Are you the one who's behind the attack?," my mother shrieked.

"Perhaps that's a possibility, bit that's not something I'm comfortable sharing. The only thing that truly matters right now is your apprehension," the woman replied.

"M-My apprehension?" I could hear my mother stuttering.

"That's correct. Do you think Anthony was our target? Maybe that's what they made you think, but that couldn't be further from the truth," the woman said.

"If all you wanted was me, why would you go so far as to destroy the ship?! You have endangered all these innocent people who have no idea what's going on!" my mother shouted angrily.

"Witnesses can be such a bother... it's best to just wipe them all out together," the woman replied coolly.

"And what if someone manged to get out? They would spread awareness," my mother argued.

"If they get out- Which they won't. It won't be too bad considering most people think we are quite passive anyways. It's time people woke from this dream of safety they have going on," the woman said, with finality in her tone.

That was it. That was the last straw. I turned to Mom to say something but I stopped. She was looking at the woman with a crazed look on her eyes.

"Huh, it's going to go down like this, isn't it?" she replied huskily. Then she turned to me. "Anthony, you have your pokemon right? Use them to escape, and here, take this Pokemon too, it will help you swim to the shore. As long as you're okay, that's all that matters to me," she said to me, stuffing a PokeBall in my hands.

"Mom, what's going on-" I began, but was cut off.

"Sorry, that's not happening," the woman said, and suddenly those weird Deoxys thingies appeared between my mother and me.

"Mom!" I shouted, confused and scared.

"Don't think you're safe, you're next, Anthony," the woman said to me.

Just then, I heard a crashing noise. I looked up and leapt out of the way. The Grand Piano which was inside the banquet room came crashing down and landed on teh weird Deoxys thingies.

"W-What?," the woman looked flabbergasted.

Just then I heard a faint voice. "The sounds of the piano crashing through the floor? That song was dedicated to you, Anthony. I don't even know if it was worth in the long run. Try to escape the place, kid. But looks like my time is here is up." It was the pianist lady. So she had sacrificed herself to save me... I knew what had to be done. I had to escape. 

I ran out of the room before anyone could say a thing. But outside the Cargo Hold I found grunts waiting for me.

"You can't escape," one of them said.

"Can't I? Royal, Sacred Sword!" I said and smashed my arm into the nearest grunt. I usually never got into physical fights. But I could pack a good punch if I wanted to, and it did the trick. He fell back, his nose bleeding.

Meanwhile, Royal used Sacred Sword to destroy the ceiling and create a blockade. "Good job Royal! But we aren't down yet. If we can get to the uppermost deck, we can escape," I told Royal.

I emerged onto the ground level of the ship and found that I was surrounded by the weird Deoxys thingies. But I had a plan.

"Royal! Return! Firestorm! Use Bounce to get out of here! And WhiteDove use Whirlwind  to blow them back!" The Deoxys thingies got pushed back by Whirlwind and Firestorm's Bounce got us to the next level.

"Now Driller, Flood the lower level with Bullldoze!" which totally submerged the lower level and created another blockade.

But as I sped down the walkway I saw that the grunts were now rushing at us. "Okay Firestorm, use Fire Spin and trap them!" The grunts were trapped in the vortex and I escaped to lower deck because the stairs were blocked. It was raining outside. But Peeko was nowhere to be seen. Perhaps it was raining naturally. I had another worry now. In the rain the Fire Spin is not gonna last. And they were rushing at me from all sides. But every problem had a solution. "WhiteDove! Take advantage of the rain and blast them back with BubbleBeam! And then trap them with Whirlpool!" my plan worked and now I was very close to the uppermost deck but I was starting to get tired now. My head started hurting, and my body felt heavy. But I couldn't give up. I had to escape. As I sped onto the uppermost deck, I saw that I was surrounded now. And was tired worse than ever. 

"You can't escape, give up," a man said. And he was right. I couldn't run anymore, and my Pokemon were too tired from fighting the grunts and their Pokemon. I slowly tried to edge towards the side, but I was too tired to move, my brain was shutting down, I couldn't do anything. As I was about to give up, a Talonflame swooped out if the sky with a loud cry and grabbed me by the shoulders and swooped off. 

We flew for some time then I saw Oceana Pier. The Talonflame landed there. It laid me gently on the ground. I was about to faint when I saw a yacht pull in. A woman got out of the yacht. 

"I saw what happened! Thank goodness I was not too late! Are you okay? she said.

"It w-was you? Y-Y-You saved m-me?" I asked her, my breath coming out in rasps.

"Er... yes," she replied.

"Th-Thank y-you for saving m-me, Miss," I croaked, fell forward, and said no more.

Spoiler

Next time catch Anthony as he begans his exploration of Gearen and the Aevium region!

CHAPTER 8 LINK

Edited by sayar
  • Like 1

Wow, that was a worthy last ditch effort. Anthony sure didn't waste his time preparing for Unova champion. Perhaps it might have worked out if someone hadn't just reset his Pokemon.

Am I the only one here that feels that Nastasia is way out of character in this scene though? I mean, in the plot of the game itself. After 11 new versions I still can't understand what on earth she's thinking she gains by sinking the ship and taking everyone on board. Especially if her sole purpose is to get Nancy.   

I think it is authorized... 

Spoiler

Considering where these people end up and what purpose they were intended to serve. 

She’s weird, but not that kind of weird imo. Isn’t she supposed to be the smart one? 

Spoiler

Or perhaps her loyalty was always ambiguous... 

So I always felt like the beginning and how Nastasia was portrayed like that at the beginning even after so many remakes (like Mindlack said) and by sinking ships. Wow...

Well the plot and mechanics sometimes don't get along together, I guess😅

If you listen to her about half the operation we see xen doing are supposedly unauthorized, but since we have no clue what exactly their rules are it s hard to get the purpose behind that.

Well Anthony tried.And at least it seems he is not too restrained by the almighty cutscenes.

Can't wait to see how he adapts to gearen

I'm afraid that'll have to wait 

I'mtrying to get my PC fixed as soon as possible

Cuz I have to do the battles of the game and create Anthony's team

Heck, I've not even shown off how he looks(not that I could, given my amazing spring and art skills)

I have my conception of Anthony as this, but all scarlet is a dark blue colour, including hair

trainer006.png.18c308157de77743ef577891f805b268.png

So yeah, the next chapter will take a looong time

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good news! My pc got fixed!

Bad news is the fact that I had to downgrade from windows 10 to 7 becuz of the fact that my pc wasn't suited to run windows 10

Anyways, expect the new chapter in the next week or so

And, I'll be posting chapters very sparingly until Jan decides to release v13 becuz I want Anthony to leave for rt.4 after v13 drops cuz I want him to experienced the revamped rt.4 as Jan said that it'll be the wild area of rejuv(or Aevium, smh)

I'm going as slowly as possible which means a chapter every two weeks and I'm gonna include pictures from next chapter onwards

Yay, good news!

I didn't know you could downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 -- you may have been the luckiest of us all. ^^

Just a word of caution on pictures. Especially if you're not using exactly the game's own screenshots, it's surprisingly time-consuming. But you wrote that you would take your time until V13 (a decision that is completely understandable -- what the Rejuv dev team is planning in route 4 looks absolutely huge, and it'd be a right shame to force yourself not to use it because you'd have reached it too soon), so perhaps it won't be a concern. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mindlack said:

I didn't know you could downgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 7 -- you may have been the luckiest of us all. ^^

I don't think I'm lucky, after using the pc yesterday for about 3hrs continuously it crashed.

And anyways, I have all the time in the world to edit screenshots and stuff.

Plus, from the next update I'm gonna include gen8 and stuff, since it'll be extremely stupid not to do that. So I'm on the lookout for overworld sprites of those Pokemon

• 4 months later...

'ello luvs, want a fresh chapter of my fanfic? It's straight outta the hot keyboard."

in all seriousness tho, sorry for disappearing for like 5 months since my last chapter, there were complicatios such as my pc being a jerk and other stuff

anyways, I have decided to move my fanfic to wattpad because of... reasons but i'll post updates here.

Update 16-10-21: The story is back on the forums, I know I have been switching around a lot but I have sorted out the problems, I won't move it again. The chapters will also be put in spoiler tags as not to make the webpage too large. Also yeah, no coloured text because my PC bricked on me again and highlighting to colour them is tedious and leads to loads of errors.

(also i have decided to not include screenies cuz turns out i suck at editing them)

CHAPTER 8: Howdy! East gearen!

Spoiler

I woke up breathing heavily.

I just had the strangest dream. There was a girl named Maria-

No, I was the girl, I saw it all from the girls point of view.

But, how could that be? 

Anyways, I- no, the girl was told a story about a Pangoro and Zorua. I couldn't remember the details after that but cut forward and the girl was in some kind of dungeon. From here I could remember things clearly. There was a altar in front of the girl and she was screaming at someone I cant remember but after that she was on the altar herself begging someone to stop something.

And then there was a flash of light followed by darkness. And then I woke up.

"Man, that sure was a crazy dream," I told myself. But something was bugging me, how could my mind conjure something this crazy? That sure was strange.

Some time after I was lost in my thoughts, I remembered last night.

That's right! S.S. Oceana was attacked! But where was I?

Slowly, I took in my surroundings. I was sitting in a chair, with my jacket, wallet, watch and pokeballs on a table beside me. And there was yacht in front of me. I realised that i was in a boathouse. I grabbed my stuff and and as I was putting on my jacket, I remembered the pokeball mum gave me, the pokemon probably escaped from the ball and was living at the sea.

That's kinda sad, I didn't even see what kind of a pokemon it was.

At that moment a woman with flaming red hair came in the door. She looked vaguely familiar, as if I had seen her before. But where?

"Oh good, you're awake, I was starting to get worried," she said.

Now I remember! She was the one who who sent that Talonflame to rescue me.

"Are you the one who sent that Talonflame to save me?" I asked. 

"Yes, my name is Tesla, member of the Aevium Elite Eight and fire type user," she said.

"How long have I been out for?" I asked.

"All night," she said. "You fainted as soon as Talonflame landed so I brought you to this boathouse. Oh, by the way, are you hungry? Here, I brought you some food in case you wanted some."

She held out a paper wrapped package. I opened it and saw a few sandwiches. 

"Thanks," I said. 

"No problem" She smiled.

"So, what happened?" she asked as i was eating.

"I dunno exactly, I said slowly. "We were sitting down to our End of Voyage banquet when some group with large X's across their uniform detonated a bomb on the ship which started to slowly sink it. Turns out, they wanted my mother and wanted to leave no witnesses behind. I got away with help from my pokemon but I do't know what happened to the others..." I trailed off.

I thought about the others. What happened to them? Were they... dead?

"Hey Anthony," Tesla said, "I am sure your mother and the other passengers are fine. They probably are in the custody of Team Xen."

"Who're Team Xen?" I asked curiously.

"What? You don't know about Team Xen? They are a criminal organisation that pretty much no one knows about. They're usually all bark and no bite though, so this is confusing to me..."

A criminal organisation that no one knows about?

That's ... unheard of.

"Hey Anthony, what did you and your mother come to Aevium for?" she asked.

"Uh... You see, I tried taking on the Unova Pokemon League but I lost, so I came to Aevium for a fresh start, especially since I learnt that it has 18 Gyms and a Elite Eight," I explained.

"Huh, taking on the league eh? Well then maybe you could face me in a battle one day." she said.

"What d'you mean?" I asked curious.

"Oh, I am a member of the Elite Eight, a Fire type user," she explained.

"I see," I said. "Well in that case I'll certainly fight you someday."

"What d'you plan on doing now?" she asked.

I pondered on the question. I had come to Aevium to challenge the League. But I also had to search for my mother. And my team wasn't exactly in the most tip-top shape. Did that girl know that it would happen? Did she take devolve, or whatever my team for this reason?

After thinking for a few minutes, I decided to challenge the League. By becoming stronger I could also search for my mother.

I explained my plan to Tesla. 

"That might be the best course of action you have. Well in that case, you should get over to Gearen Laboratory," she said, nodding. "I have to go now. I sent some divers down to see if they could find the S.S. Oceana." she said, clambering on a her Talonflame,"

Just as she was about to take off, she looked back. "I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I don't know why the attack happened. But i am sure we'll know the reason soon. Take care Anthony! I am sure we'll meet again! Come on Talonflame! Full speed! Use Tailwind!"

Whoosh.

And she was gone. I gathered my stuff and headed off in the direction of East Gearen City.

East Gearen City

Wow. This city was dark.

Those were my first thoughts when I entered East Gearen City. Even though it was still early morning, the city gave off dark vibes. As if it was always nighttime. I dunno if that was a bad thing or not though. This was in stark contrast to Castelia City, where there was always a sea air. I guess every city had its own vibes.

I could see Gearen Laboratory up ahead. I headed off in its direction.

Gearen Laboratory

I entered the Laboratory. 

"So I next have to go to West Gearen City. Hmm..." a girl with long red hair and a cap said.

"Excuse me. Can you move out of the way?" I said because she was blocking my way.

The girl turned and saw me.

"Oh are you Anthony?" she asked.

"Uh... yes. I am," I replied, quite unnerved by the fact that she knew my name.

"Gee, why are giving me that look? Don't you recognize me?" she asked me indignantly.

"No?" I said getting weirded out by the second.

"Hey! I am Amanda! We spoke on the ship remember? I got you registered for the league 'n and everything," she practically shouted, causing everyone in the victiny to look at her.

Huh, so she was Amanda. But I don't remember having a cap or long hair. How could she change her appearence in such a short time?

"Were you expecting a robot or or something?" she snickered.

"No"

"Alright, now we got that sorted out, time to get your starter!" she said, leading me down the hallway.

"Hey Amanda, I already kinda have a full team of six," I told her.

She stopped and looked at me. "A full team of six you say? Well I dunno what to do in that case."

At that moment, a man with dark hair strode towards us.

"Oh Anthony! Meet my brother Jan, who co-manages of the Aevium League. Jan, meet Anthony, a new trainer who signed up for the Aevium League" she introduced us.

We shook hands.

"A pleasure to meet you, Jan" I said. 

"Likewise," he smiled. "Also if by 'co-manage' Amanda means I do all he work while she plays outside, then yes. I do co-manage."

"Ah," I said, giggling. 

Hmm, Jan looked a pretty chill dude to me.

Meanwhile Jan looked dead straight at Amanda.

"...Amanda" he said.

"Oh dear" Amanda said in rather small voice.

"Where have you been on your trip to Grand Dream City? I tried contacting you multiple times but you never got back. You were supposed to be back 3 days ago. You practically vanished off the face of Earth What happened?" he asked.

"Er... You know I have been busy and stuff," she told him, looking anywhere but him.

"Hmm... Also that hat is new. Did you buy it on your trip to GDC or somethig?"

"Yep! I bought this hat on the trip to GDC. Stylish, isn't it?"

Wait, that didnt make sense. It takes atleast 2 days to travel from East Gearen City to GDC. She wasn't wearing the cap when i talked to her. But then she didnt have long hair either...

"Er if you say so," replied Jan. "Also when you were out on your 'trip' I actually did something useful and finished our project. Now the least you could do is be useful and deliver this to Zumi at Magnolia Library."

"Oh I would Jan, but you see I am kinda busy with Anthony now so...." Amanda replied.

"I should've known you don't want to deliver this. I mean, when have you shown any incentive in 'managing' the League with me unless it involves running around and helping new trainers?" Jan said in a flat voice.

"Well I like to get some hands-on stuff done, not sit in a room and handle paperwork," Amanda said in a mock hurt voice. "And do you honestly think its gonna be a good idea to pin me down with all the legal documentation and stuff?"

Jan thought for a moment.

"I suppose it will not be the best thing to do after what you did to the substitute gym leader files," Jan said slowly. "Plus you save me the trouble of running all over the region. So I guess it works out."

"You see, it works out! You do paperwork, I do fieldwork" Amanda said.

"Yeah... Well since you don't see to want to deliver this, I suppose i had better deliver this to Zumi," he sighed. "You should get Anthony set up."

"Oh that reminds me, Anthoy here has a full team of six pokemon already, so should he get a starter pokemon?" Amanda asked. 

"It's up to him, if he wants one, he can get one, but he needs atleast one pokemon," Jan replied.

"Well, I am gonna see you guys later," 

He walked off.

"All right now that we got everything sorted out, follow me!" Amanda said, opening a barrier and going through a door. 

I tried to go in after her but I bumped- no banged into someone and I fell down.

"Ouch!" I heard a girl's voice. I looked up to see who I had bumped into, it was a girl, who was clutching her suitcase. Her face looked similar to the girl's face in my dream. But I had never seen her before in my life.

"Are you alright? I'm sorry I am rather in a rush..." she apologized.

I picked myself off the ground.

"Yeah, I am fine," I said.

"Oh, ok," she said, relieved. "Sorry, but I can't stay around and chat. I have to be somewhere."

She rushed off.

I didn't even catch her her name. Wut.

"...Yes I have sent her there," said a man sitting behind a desk talking someone on his laptop, whom I could assume was Prof. Jenner.

"...And remember Jenner, no double-crossing us," a woman's voice replied.

"Don't worry about that, I have no plans to do that," Prof. Jenner said. "Anyways, I'll talk to you later, someone's here" he continued, looking up and seeing me and Amanda.

"Alright then," the woman signed off.

"Ah Amanda," he said, closing his laptop. "And this is?"

"The new trainer I told you about, Professor. His name is Anthony," Amanda replied.

"Ah, I assume you need a starter Pokemon and everything?" inquired Jenner.

"I actually already have a full team of six but Jan said if I wanted I could pick a starter," I said.

"Ah ok, so do you want a starter pokemon then?" asked Jenner.

"I would love to!"

"Very well, Amanda, take Anthony to the underground reserve," said the professor looking at Amanda.

Wait, reserve? Underground? Wut?

"Right-o Professor!" said Amanda. "Follow me Anthony"

We went through a small door which led to a elevator.

Moments after.

We stepped out of the elevator and i rubbed my eyes to make sure they were working properly.

Because I just couldn't believe what my eyes were seeing.

An underground reserve. Right underneath the Gearen Laboratory. WHAT. HOW. WHY.

There was a small pond of water to my right, in which various water type pokemon were playing, a cluster of small trees ahead of me, and a raised stone platform in the middle of which there was a crater filled with- 

"Is that actual lava?!" I yelped.

"What else do you think it is?" Amanda replied with a smirk. "Anyways, there's three sections in which there are 8 pokemon of the three types- Water, Grass and Fire. So in total you have 24 choices."

"Cool," I said. 

I strolled over to the pond, cuz I wanted to have a water type pokemon.

A Squirtle playing at the edge of the pond caught my eye, hmm, Squirtle's evolved form Blastoise can Mega evolve right? Maybe I'll get to experience the phenomenon known as Mega Evolution, who knows? That is, if I can find mega stone, a key stone and form a bond with this Squirtle.

I knelt down.

"Hey, little guy, wanna be a part of my team?" I asked it. I never liked to forcefully put Pokemonn my party if they are unwilling to join me, because I value pokemon as friends and partners rather than tools. Something which (sadly) a lot of people view Pokemon as. 

Anyways, the Squirtle danced happily and said, "Squirtle! Squuuuiiiirtle!"

"I'll take that as a yes," I smiled.

"Got your starter, Golly, a Squirtle?" Amanda saidas I walked back up to her with my Squirtle trailing behind me as I didnt have a pokeball for it yet.

"Why? Got a problem?" I asked her.

"Nope, anyway, here's a Pokedex and a Cybernav, it's basic stuff for all starting trainers," Amanda said, handing me a Pokedex which looked a lot differet rom my old one. It looked something like this-

While my old one had two screens which were sliding

While my old one had two screens which were sliding.

I checked Squirtle's Pokedex page. It was classified as the 'Tiny Turtle Pokemon'.

The page read-

"Squirtle's shell is not merely used for protection. The shell's rounded shape and the grooves on its surface help minimize resistance in water, enabling this Pokémon to swim at high speeds."

"Hmm, I Think I will call you Shello!" I said, looking up from my Pokedex screen.

"Squirt!" squirtle said.

"Hey why dont you test out that squirtle in a battle? I'l use my Litten!" Amanda said, sending out a Litten. "Meowwr" it said.

"What say Shello? Want a battle?" I asked Shello.

"Squirt!" Shello nodded.

"Alright then, Trainer Amanda, I challenge you to a 1 on 1 battle!"

"Fine, Now then... Litten use Leer, drop its defense!" Amanda shouted.

"Not so fast, Shello, use Withdraw!" I said.

"Clever tactic, ok Litten use Double Kick!"

"How about... no? Shello roll away and use Water Gun!"

The attack hit the Litten and it fainted.

"Wow, that was a one-hit KO" I said impressed by Shello's abilities.

"Heh, well you had the type advantage" Amanda said. "Anyways, colour me impressed! I didn't know you had such good battle skills."

"So Amanda," I heard a voice behind me. I turned around and saw Prof. Jenner.

"I cant leave you for 5 minutes without getting into a fight huh?" he asked.

"Oh noooo! The horror! I have been ound out of my ahem beautiful plan to rob Anthony of his battling prowess. LOL" Amanda mock-screamed.

"..."

Insert crickets(or in this case, Kriketots ad Kriketunes) chirping and no one laughing meme here.

"Really Amanda, you're not making any sense," Prof. Jenner said, shaking his head.

Well I agree with him. 

"Uh... Anyways. That was a superb battle Anthony. But be warned, you may had an advantage here, but you can be sure as hell that the Gym Leaders in Aevium aren't gonna leave room for an advantage. Also, Professor, I have some work to take care of, so you'll just get Anthony ready will you? Okay bye."

"Bye, I gue-" but she was gone.

"Well she's gone. Honestly that girl's a handful," Sighed Jenner.

"Um Professor?" There was another person there. He was a boy of about my age.

"Ah Ren, I see you're back," The professor evidently knew the boy.

"Yes Professor, I have successfully completed my assignment in Amethyst Cave, here is the Pokemon you lent me," he said, handing the Professor a stack of papers and a Pokeball. "Oh by the way, who's this?" he continued.

"This is Anthony, he recently registered to challenge the Aevium League, did you not also do the same?" Jenner said.

Come to think of it, there was a list on recently registered trainers list on the Aevium Registration website. There were few names in order: Aelita, Ren, Mordecai, Alexa. And after I was done registering, my name also apeared on the list.

"Yes sir. So your name's Anthony? Nice to meet'cha." Ren said, holding a hand out to me.

"Same" I said. 

"Anyways Ren you have done a wonderful job, will you be willing to take another assignment?" Jenner said.

"Oh thank you sir! But... do I have to do this assignment now? I promised Melia and Venam that I'd meet them after I was done with Amethyst Cave." Ren said.

"Wait, Veronica Vasile as in Poison-type Gym Leader of East Gearen city Veronica 'Venam' Vasile? You're friends with her?" I interjected before the professor could reply.

"Yep, if you'd like I can introduce you to her later!" Ren replied.

"That would be great,"

"Alright Ren, i suppose you can have the day off," professor said.

"Awesome, I'll be seeing you tomorrow then, later Anthony." and Ren was off.

"Ah we finally have some much needed privacy," Jenner said.

"Uh why?" I asked.

"You see I have a personal favor I'd like you to accept. Of course it'll not be without rewards. Here's a CyberNav with all of the important apps preloaded, free of charge." 

"Uh... thanks I guess, what do I have to do?"

"I have a daughter named Melia, I have sent her on a trip to Goldenwood Forest, it's north of here, you can check it with the map application on the CyberNav."

"What that have to do with me?"

"You see... I am confident that she'll be able to look ater herself, but... I'll feel better if there was someone to look after her."

"So... Lemme get this straight, you want me as her bodyguard while she visits said forest?"

"In short, yes"

"But why me? I mean you hardly know me. We just met." 

"I have faith in your skills. It's not everyday you see a new trainer beat Amanda even if they're at an advantage."

"Fine I'll do it."

Beat.

"Hmm where can I find her?"

"She should be at the train station north of here. That's where he train to Goldenwood Forest leaves."

"Aight fine, see ya later Prof."

"Thank you Anthony."

"Don't mention it, I wouldn't have done it if not or the CyberNav."

"Ah Anthony, just the man I wanted. Follow me for a second, will you? I want to show you something," Jan said.

Jan was beckoning to me as I had come out of the Laboratory door.

I followed him through a door and a set of stairs which led underground. At this point I was beginning to suspect that there was more of the lab underground than aboveground.

At any rate, we were soon at a door labeled 'Gadget Room'.

"Here Anthony check these out." Jan said.

"Um what are these?" 

In front of me there was a panel, and two steel pillars with stars on them.

"Alright so first of all we have a what I have dubbed a 'Healing Star' they can heal your pokemon if they are hurt." Jansaid pointing to a steel rod with a golden star on it.

"Cool," I said impressed.

"Now this is a PC star. I am sure you can guess what it does." 

"Its a portable PC duh."

"Correct, and now this is called a Gym Guide Panel, basically you turn them on and someone is gonna give you information on the Gym Leader which you are supposed to challenge." 

"I see."

"Feel free to check these out."

I first used the healing system to heal my pokemon.

Then I used storage boxes to send WhiteDove to Professor Juniper in order to make space for Shello in the party.

Finally, I turned on the Gym Guide Panel.

"Anthony!" a holographic image of Jan appeared. "Looks like you decided to use one of these eh? Welp, looks like the Meowth's outta the bag now. I will be the one giving you advice and info on gym leaders you are going to face."

He went offline.

A few minutes, later I was outside the Laboratory, checking the map on what to do next.

I had two main objectives at the moment, beat the Aevium League, and find info on Team Xen and rescue my mother. 

Hmm, there's a Library marked on the map, maybe I could find something on Team Xen there.

Then I also need to find Melia in Goldenwood Forest. And beat Venam the gym Leader here in East Gearen. I decided first to go to the station.

"Alright, I guess my Aevium Adventure starts here." I said out loud and ran in the direction of the train station.

But little did my naive self back then now just what was this adventure gonna turn out to be.

P.S. updates might come infrequently because i am really waiting for v13 to drop.

LINK TO NEXT CHAPTER

• 2 months later...

I should really stop doing such infrequent updates lmao

But now that v13 is upon us, I will be releasing updates lot faster

But yeah, the next chapter has been released

Chapter 9: The Night City!

Spoiler

"... You cant be freaking serious?! Just move out of the god damn way!"

"I told ya, this bridge has a toll of 300 PokeDollars. Pay or turn away."

It was morning in East Gearen. And I was arguing with a man who blocked access to the north western part of the city, claiming there was a toll or something when there was clearly not a booth for the same.

Sigh. Why do I always get the crazy ones?

"Alright, so you're not gonna move unless I pay you?" I asked him.

"Nope," he replied.

"Fine, I challenge you to a match, if I win, you're gonna turn around and run away, deal?"

"Heh, I know what the trainers are like. You're not the first to challenge me you know. It's a deal." he smirked. Something told me he had beaten up loads of trainers.

"Well, let's start!" I said.

We squared up, and he sent out his first pokemon, a Torchic, and I sent out Royal. 

"A Steel-type against a Fire-type? Kid, you need to learn your type match-ups." the man smirked. "Aight Torchic use Flame Charge!" he ordered.

It sped at Royal while it was cloaked in flames. But I wasnt gonna let it hit the attack.

"Royal! Quick, go into the shadows!" 

Torchic sped past Royal's shadow where he had hidden himself and bonked its head on the railing overlooking the sea. It stumbled around, confused. 

"Now's your chance Royal! Swords Dance and Shadow Sneak!" I said. 

Before the Torchic could pull itself together, Royal sneaked under it in the shadows and hit it. 

It keeled over and fainted. 

"There, I won. So as in the deal, you're gonna turn around and walk away, and stop harassing everyone who walks through here." I glared at him.

"Man, I thought these kids were a pushover, but with you running around, it's going to be tough to- Aieeeeee!" he ran away. 

Sigh... welp, let's get to the train station then.

Sometime later...

"I'm sorry, but Melia Jennerson hasn't come by today. Infact, even if she had, the trains arent running today because of a power failure, so there's no way to travel to Goldenwood Forest for today," the station guard said.

"Alright thanks," I said.

Great just freaking great. Ugh.

Why can't things ever be easy for me once?

You know what, I don't care. Time to take a look around the city. 

There were many trainers around the city who were battling. I participated into quite a few battles myself.

On my way to the Eastern Part of the city, a girl stopped me.

"Only people who may have proven themselves cool may pass." she said.

"That means you want to battle." I said, translating drily.

"Yep!"

"Well I am always happy for a battle!"

The battle itself was difficult, she insisted on a double battle format and I sent out Snek and Shello. She used a Clefairy and Carbink and the Carbink used Light Screen continuosly making my Pokemon deal very little damage meanwhile the Clefairy healed all the damage with soft boiled. I won in the end but damn, was that battle was difficult. Also Shello and Snek evolved into a Wartotle and Servine. 

I thanked her for the battle and headed off.

I passed by the Berry Emporium and decided to get some Pecha Berries because I figured they might come in use against the Gearen Gym Leader since she uses Poison types. 

I also passed the Parks and Rec Center.

Hmm, I have covered around half the city and still no sign of the gym.

But I stopped as soon as I turned the next corner. Because the Gym was there, in front of me, covered in shades of purple. 

"Speak of the devil? More like speak of the Gym, and it appears," I mused. 

"Well let's go in and have a look around, maybe I'll find Ren too, who knows?"

But it seems that things weren't supposed to be that easy for me, the guard at the door said that Venam, the gym leader was out. 

"I don't even know where has that girl gone, why do they let kids be Gym Leaders these days..." the guard informed me.

"Oh..." I was so god damn mad right now. Of course, she would be out that exactly this right moment, of course the trains wouldn't be running today, of course I can't find Ren anywhere. Argh. 

I suppose I have no choice but to search even more. 

About an hour later...

Ok, now I was starting to get extremely mad. There's no sign of Ren or Melia like, anywhere.

Forget it, I'm not gonna search for them anymore, let's go and check out the the sightseeing places.

First stop was Chrisola Hotel, apparently this Hotel also had a Casino which was open to everyone, that was awesome, I could kill a couple of hours there.

I entered the hotel lobby and went to the receptionist.

But before I could say a thing, he cut me off. 

He looked at me disapprovingly and said, "Can... I help you?"

"Ye, I-" I tried to say, but he cut me off again. What the heck?! Atleast let me complete before you cut me off!

"Let me make this simple my boy, if you are looking for a reservation, there's no way a child like you could afford our extremely opulent services, so please do me a favor and-" but before e could finish, we heard a loud cry. "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!"

Before I could react, a large trolley bashed into me, and I went crashing to the floor. Really now? This is the second time today that I have banged into someone- or something. Why did I have so much badluck today?

"Owie powie kaowzie lowie, that hurt!" a girl said.

Wait what? Owie, powie, kaowzie, lowie? This girl is off her rockers. 

I opened my eyes, closed them, shook my head, and opened them again. Because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. 

She was Saki Blakeory, heir to the Blakeory Family and Steel-type Gym Leader of West Gearen City, the city beside East Gearen. 

Now I was pretty much uninterested in the fact that she was practically a celebrity, I don't give a shit about people who were famous because of their family. But I was much more interested in the fact that she was Gym Leader. 

"M-Ms. Blakeory!! What on earth are you doing?!" the receptionist said, shocked. "How many times do I have to tel you to not use the trolleys in such a barbaric manner!" 

"And now you've gone and hit this hooligan with it!" he continued. Waaait a sec, HOOLIGAN?! What? 

"I pray to Arceus that he dosen't file a lawsuit!" he chided.

Lawsuit? Ok, this guy is nuttier than Saki Blakeory.

"Aw, quit worrying so much! He dosen't even have a scratch on him!" she retorted.

"Oh by the way, it was your fault that you were in my way." she told me. Oh, so it was now MY fault that I got hit even when the receptionist told you NOT to use them in such a way? I gave her a look of pure evil.

She looked at my expression, and burst out laughing. "Hey hey, stop looking so serious, I was only joking around. I'm sorry for hitting you, k?"

"Uh-huh, apology accepted, I guess," I said, I quite liked this girl, despite the fact that she was nuttier than a fruitcake, she wasn't one of those snobby kids who'd use their family's name to bully the other kids, trust me, I have seen plenty of them at Aspertia Academy. 

"You're pretty cool, what's your name? I am-" but before she could finish, OF COURSE the stupid receptionist had to cut her off. 

"Ms. Blakeory, stop wasting your with this street Rattata! The helicopter you requested is waiting for you on the roof as we speak!" he said. 

Ok, that really ticked me off. Who the hell did this guy think he is?

"Oh CRUD! I forgot! I haven't yet packed yet, hah. Val will kill me if I'm late again! Oh darn, what a bother!" she exclaimed. "Eh, but who needs to pack when the world is your oyster! Because well, you know what they say!"

...Wat.

"...Ms. Blakeory, what exactly do they say?" the receptionist said, uncertainly.

"Huh? I dunno what they say. I was asking you that? Anyways gotta go, buh-bye!" aand she ran off. 

I felt like I had lost 5 braincells from talking to her.

"Sigh..." the receptionist yawned. I guess it must be hard dealing with her all day.

"So uh, where is the Casino?" I asked him.

"Huh? Oh 2nd floor elevator on my right." he replied without even looking at me. Well, I am perfectly fine without the stream of insults. 

The arcade was awesome, there were Slots, Voltorb Flip and Triple Triad. In short, awesome. 

I got my Coin Case at the counter and started playing the slots

I spent a lot of time at the slots (Royal says: It was probably more than healthy, but don't tell him I said, k?) and won a lot of jackpots, seems like spending so much time at the Nimbasa Arcade has finally come to use. Real good use of that time Anthony, my brain said. Shut it, I told it.

I collected my coins and tallied them up, 2682, probaby enough to get all the items for sale.

I was not disappointed, I got the TMs for Hidden Power and Flash and still had money left, unfortunately they were the only items on sale. That kinda sucked. Oh well.

I then noticed a room named 'AP Section' which hadn't noticed until now, might as well see what it is about.

Sometime later...

It turns out that AP was an abbreviation for 'Achievement Points' which I could earn by travelling around the region and completing Achievements, and I could use the AP to buy some really useful items. So this was basically the Medal Rally back in Unova but I get actual prizes now. Now THIS, is really cool.

"I want to have a AP Card, how can I get one?" I asked the receptionist.

"Sure, please wait," she said while typing on her keyboard. "I'll need your Trainer Card, please."

"Here you go," I handed it over

She typed in something else.

"There you go, your AP Card and your Trainer Card," and she handed over the AP Card and my Trainer Card. The AP Card was more of a tiny digital screen showing the AP. And what I saw was really unbelievable. Because I had over 200 AP just chilling on my screen.

"Excuse me, why do I have over 200 AP?" I asked the receptionist. 

"You must have traveled a lot, that's why there is so much AP." 

Well, I was not complaining.

I scanned the list of buyable items to find some items to buy. I saw an item called Golden Hammer, which apparently could let me smash big, cracked boulders and there was also a whole list of Golden Items, I wanted to buy them but the receptionist informed me that they were a new series of items and out of stock. Well, that sucked, but I couldn't do anything about that. 

I checked out the rooftop and the swimming area which they provided access to normal citizens. They didn't really have anything of interest. 

I had done everything I could want to do in this hotel, I checked my watch and was surprised by how much time had passed. It was 2 in the afternoon, I had come here at midday. I had definitely spent more than enough time here.

I had to get back at searching for Melia.

Trouble was, I didn't have the faintest idea where she was, the only places where I was yet to search was the Northern part of East Gearen and the South-Eastern part, where there were the Abandoned Sewers, it seemed unlikely, but it was the only lead I had. 

Before I could decide where to search first, I heard some of the most HORRIBLE music I had heard in my entire life, which was blasted to really LOUD levels, I could even see other people on the street getting distracted. Worse? It was a song I recognized all too well, having dragged along to their concerts by my friends. 

It was DOGARS, by the Toxic-ers, led by Roxie the Gym Leader of Virbank City in Unova, yaaaay. I didn't really understand why people liked that song, as far as I was concerned, to me it sounded like a couple of Meowths scratching on a blackboard. And trust me, I know what I am talking about. Now I really didn't give a damn about other people's taste in music.

But why did the person, whoever they were, had to blast the music so loudly that half of East Gearen can listen?

I headed down the street to give this person a piece of my mind. 

As, I approached the house from where the music was coming from, a statue in the front lawn caught my eye, it looked really familiar, then I realized, it was the same statue I had seen in Gearen Laboratory, it was used to show residences of official Aevium League members. 

Oh Arceus, please don't tell me it was the house of Veronica "Venam" Vasille the Gym Leader.

But it was exactly what was expected. Sigh.

I also heard shouting from inside. 

"Venam Vasile! Turn down that awful music this instant!" a woman's voice shouted.

Oh... I didn't expect Gym Leaders to be... this considerate

"BUT THIS IS WHERE THE BEAT IS ABOUT TO DROOOOOOOP!" a girl's voice replied. 

"I have had enough of your inconsiderate noise pollution! We already had calls from angry neighbours and police three times already!"

"SCREEEEEW THE POLIIIIIIIICE!"

Silence. (Well apart from the fact that the music was still blaring.)

"THAT IS ENOUGH." the first voice said.

Then the music cut off, which was a relief, but then I also heard the second voice saying something.

"Hey, turn the music back on!"

"Hey what are you doing?!" 

"I said I had enough!"the first voice said.

"Noooooo!!"

Then to my (not so absolute) surprise, the window opened and a girl with violent purple hair of about my age fell out the window. 

I rushed to her to check if she had been wounded, but she didn't even have a scratch on her.

"Are you alright?" I asked her.

No answer.

I stuck out my hand, "Here I'll help you up," 

Still no answer.

"Uhhhhh,"

Then she spoke, "No... It seems like I have been fatally wounded... that old hag... I am dying..."

"Pffffft," I scoffed. "You don't even have a scratch on you, now get up."

"You don't understand... I am dying... Please... A PechaBerry... I want to taste one... Before I die..." she was making a really good show out of it. Well if she was going to be stubborn then I am going to be twice as stubborn, it's not like I had anything to do for the day.

"No." I said. 

"No?..."

"Yes. No. You're making a really good show out of it. Please stop."

"Fine... Then go away and let me die in peace..."

But I didn't move. Nuh-uh. I wasn't going to let this girl outsmart me. 

"Um, you really don't have to stand there watch me die, you can go away you know?" she said after a few minutes. 

"Yes... I do know that but I don't have anything to do, so might as well watch you die." I replied, trying really hard to not laugh. 

"Alright, alright, you're not buying this, I know."

She finally got up. 

"So," I said. "Miss Veronica-

I couldn't finish because she interrupted. 

"DON'T. EVER. CALL. ME. VERONICA. MY. NAME. IS. VENAM." she spoke in a deadly tone.

"Whoa, calm down, Primeape, I'll call you Venam, k?"

"Hmm, fine."

"So about that Pecha Berry thing..." I began.

"Oh it was an act to get a rise out of you. I wanted a Pecha Berry, you see, and that trick had worked pretty well before. On guys, I mean." she said, smirking. 

"Yet you didn't manage to outsmart me," I said, giving her a slight smile.

"I guess you are the exception."

"Also if you wanted a Pecha Berry you could've just asked me for it instead of that ridiculous act," I said, giving her a Pecha Berry. 

"Yeah well, it did work before, also thanks, mmm, delicious," she said while she ate the berry.

Ok, a posion type leader liking the berry which cures posion. Why not?

"Oh by the way, I didn't get your name?" she asked.

"Anthony"

"You owe me a favour now for giving you the berry."

"Oh yeah? what is it then?"

"Don't play music so loud and disturb others, that ain't cool you know."

"I might try, can't say for sure."

"In that case, I'll make you do it."

"Oh yeah?" 

"Yeah."

"How?"

"Well, for instance if I make something happen to your music player..." I suggested devilishly.

"You WHAT?"

"Hey, don't get so agitated, I won't do that unless..."

She punched me in the arm, it was a friendly punch. But I was surprised at how easily I was talking to her, as if she was my friend. She did remind me a lot of Natalie. 

"Shut up." she said, although I could see her trying not to laugh.

"Sooooo, are we friends now?" I asked. I might as well make friends while I am here, because I was pretty sure I couldn't survive this place on my own. 

"Oh, sure" she said. Well that was cool.

"Well, since you are my friend now, why don't you meet my other friends?" she said.

"Uhhh..." I remebered what Ren told me about his being friends with Venam. "Sure why not?" 

"Cool, we hang around the sewers, just go straight from here." 

'Wait, SEWERS?!" 

"Mmhmm, also you better come fast, or I am going to make you buy more food, and let me assure you, I have expensive tastes all around."

"Huh, I can believe that." 

"Great." And she ran off, "Last one back is a rotten Exeggute!"

I thought about her mother and she had been kicked out, I decided to to bring that up and ran after her.

Join Anthony as he explores (some of the) sights of East Gearen.

Also please leave feedback (preferably here) if you can, I am always looking for ways to improve.

Thanks again for checking out my fanfic!

LINK TO NEXT CHAPTER

• Like 2

Wow, a new chapter…

Why put the link in spoilers though? 

I liked it! I like your character’s reaction at all the insanity that happens around him – the labs that just have to be an evil underground lair, the sassing between the “managers” of the League, Jenner’s unexpected “request”, Veronica, Saki and the hotel... Could he have handled the Starly quest too? 

I’m particularly fond of the 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mindlack said:

Why put the link in spoilers though? 

uhhhhhh, idk

I'll be honest, i was half asleep and really tired from finishing and editing the chapter in the same day, not to mention it was late, and half my brain wasn't working.

7 hours ago, Mindlack said:

I liked it! I like your character’s reaction at all the insanity that happens around him – the labs that just have to be an evil underground lair, the sassing between the “managers” of the League, Jenner’s unexpected “request”, Veronica, Saki and the hotel... Could he have handled the Starly quest too? 

NO.

NO. NOPE. TIME OUT. NOT TODAY.- says Anthony.

Fr tho, I think Anthony would've managed to keep himself together right until Karen intervened.

8 hours ago, Mindlack said:

I’m particularly fond of the 

That was one of the worst jokes (can that even be considered a joke?) I have written. lol

Glad you liked the chapter!

• 4 weeks later...

hi, chapter 10's been released, go read it now y'all

Chapter 10: The Very Stinky Project

Spoiler

I regretted my decision as soon as I neared the sewers.

The smell was HORRIBLE. Why did Venam and Ren hang out here out of all places? I thought Ren was more sensible than that. 

Sigh.

I saw Venam and Ren up ahead and did a double-take.

Venam was lying on the pavement infront of Ren, and the pavement was probably very dirty considering it was near the sewers. Just what in the name of Arceus is that girl THINKING?!

"Please Ren... that horrible woman has done it again... I have been fatally wounded... This time it is for real. I can't go on anymore." she said, mocking her dying voice.

Oh, so she was trying to fool Ren into giving her food when I already told her that it was the worst trick in the universe.

My mind just couldn't take it anymore, after all the shit that I had seen today.

My head felt like it was gonna explode.

"Get up Venam, you know that I won't fall for that." Ren said, sounding exasperated.

"I'd hate to break up your very dumb act but Venam? You do know that you are lying on a very dirty pavement right? Face down and all?" I asked slowly because I wasn't sure Venam had a properly functioning ability to asses her surroundings. Not after seeing... That.

"Oh hey Anthony, nice to see you again. Also I have been trying to tell her exactly that but she doesn't seem to care." Ren said.

"It's fine. I am getting up and anyways, the sewers are much dirtier." she said, standing up.

What did I do to deserve this?

"So Ren, where have you been all day?" I asked him.

"I was in Magnolia Library, looking up research papers Jenner asked me to check," he replied.

Great, just my usual luck, Ren HAD TO be in the one place I didn't check.

"Also why do you guys choose to hang in the sewers out of all places?" I asked a different question.

Ren just shrugged. "Blame the girls, they dragged me along here. I certainly did not choose this place."

"Oh, I will tell you why," Venam said. "It's because I am the leader of this place!"

"Self-proclaimed," Ren interjected.

"Whatever, and since being the leader I have to check up on the people down here and make sure no one is misbehaving!"

"Wait hold on, isn't this place supposed to be well, the Abandoned Sewers? Where do the people come from?" I asked.

"Well the name means Abandoned as in abandoned by the authorities, when in reality this place is filled with newer trainers looking to train up their pokemon to fight Venam." Ren explained.

"Yep, I am the strongest Gym Leader around Floria," Venam said, with a hint of pride in her voice.

"Um, don't mind her, her ego is about as big as a Coperajah since she hasn't lost to a challenger in a long time." Ren said, clearly not trying to laugh

"That's because I am the strongest leader, duh," Venam said.

"Well I suppose I will be the first to beat you then." I replied with a smirk. 

"I'd like to see you try" Venam snorted.

"At any rate, it will be a nice change to see Venam lose against a challenger, but we can discuss that later." Ren said,before I could say anything ele. "Melia is waiting for us, let's go and meet her. Venam, open the door already."

"Hey! Whose side are you on?" Venam asked indignantly.

"Just open the door already." Ren sighed. 

"Hmph, fine." She opened the door and vanished inside. 

"After you Ren, I am not stepping into some really stinky sewers without seeing anyone reliable go into it and come out unscathed." I said.

"So you're suggesting that Venam isn't reliable?" Ren asked.

"I am not suggesting anything. I am saying that Venam isn't reliable. Not after seeing her lie almost anywhere to trick people." I said.

"Fair enough," Ren said and went through the door. And I followed him. 

Abandoned Sewers

"Welcome to the Abandoned Sewers!" Ren did an impression of an announcer on a stage.

"Yeah... yeah... let's go already." I said, not at all wanting to know how Announcer Ren sounded.

"You're such a killjoy, anyways, I was thinking... maybe we could team up? It'll be fun, fighting all the trainers together." Ren asked.

"Sure, it'll be fun." I agreed, it was always fun to battle alongside other trainers.

"Great, let's go then!" He said.

We went into the sewers and started making my way through it when we were approached by a girl of about 15.

"New friends of Venam? How exciting!" she said. 

"Oh yeah, Anthony, meet Luca, Luca, this is Anthony," Ren introduced us.

"So you're Anthony? Nice to meet'cha!" she said. "Also your blue hair is really fab, just like Venam's!"

"Thanks!" I said, I already liked her, it wasn't everyday I found someone who appreciated my hair.

"Oh yeah Luca, we are kind of in a hurry so if you'd clear the way..." Ren trailed off.

"Nope, battle me Anthony! All new people must go through me!" she said.

"Uhhh maybe later? Like I said, we're-" Ren began but I interrupted him. It was nice to do that i after being interrupted all day.

"Oh, drop it Ren, I always accept a challenge." I said. Then I turned to Luca and said, "You're on!"

"But but..." Ren trailed off. 

"Awesome! So it'll be a 2-on-2 battle, doubles format!" she laid down the rules.

"I accept," I said, while I didn't fight much in the double battle format, I had plenty of experience fighting Roxie, who battles her challengers in the double battle format. 

"Well, since I can't stop you guys, might as well watch the battle," Ren sighed and moved to a side to clear a area for our battle.

"Go Skitty and Gulpin!" Luca said and sent out her first two pokemon. 

"Alright Riser and Driller, you guys are on!" I said and sent them out. 

"Skitty! use Fake Tears and lower Eevee's Special Defense. Gulpin use Sludge on Eevee!" she said.

"Not so fast! Riser, jump up the railing to avoid the attack! Driller, Metal Claw on Gulpin!" I shouted.

Unfortunately, Riser couldn't avoid attack and got hit by the Sludge, which damages it severly, but it still kept standing. I didn't understand how, but I didn't complain. On the other side of the battle, Driller manged to connect its Metal Claw, but the Skitty managed to retaliate with Take Down, which hurt both itself and Driller. 

"Well, not bad for turn 1" I said.

"Ugh, how'd you beat my combination attack?" Luca grumbled.

"Maybe it's due to the fact that I once fought a Gym Leader back in Unova who used the exact same strategy."

"Wait Anthony, do you mean to say you once challenged the Unova Pokemon League?" Ren asked, sounding surprised.

"Yep, that's where I am from, you know," I replied.

"That's cool!" Luca said. "You know, I'd hate to think if your pokemon were afflicted by say, Poison status?"

"Huh?" I asked, confused.

"Gulpin! Use Poison Gas!" she shouted.

"Uh oh, Driller, quick! Use Rapid Spin! Blow the Gas back!" 

Driller managed to blow the gas back, which instead of afflicting Riser or Driller, poisoned Luca's Skitty. 

"Wait. WHAT?" Luca looked flabbergasted.

"Ok Riser, here's your chance! Use Quick Attack on Skitty! And Driller Metal Claw on Gulpin!" I shouted.

Eevee managed to KO the weakened Skitty and Driller landed a critical hit with Metal Claw, KO'ing Gulpin and ending the battle. 

"Yay! I won! Woohoo!" I whooped. "Driller, Riser, you both did amazing jobs guys," I leaned down to pat them, I forgotten how small they were as Drilbur and Eevee.

"Vee! VEEEE! Driiiiill BUURRRR!" Both them looked very pleased with themselves, I noticed they were tired, so I recalled them into their pokeballs. 

"Man you weren't kidding when you said you had challenged the Unova League, I hadn't had that much fun battling a trainer in ages," Luca said, recalling her pokemon back into their pokeballs. "Oh well, you won fair and square, say hi to Venam for me!"

"Thanks for such an awesome battle Luca!" I thanked her and with Ren headed deeper into the sewers.

You know, the smell wasn't too bad once you get used to it.

"The way you battle is really awesome Anthony, you seemed so flexible while battling and you even found ways to turn the tables on Luca," Ren told me while we travelling through the sewers.

"I had loads of experience fighting Poison trainers back in Unova," I said, it was true, Roxie was one of the toughest Gym Leader for me to beat alongside Clay, even with Royal, who was immune to Poison attacks, In the end I managed to beat her by tricking her Salazzle into attacking its own allies by using Royal's ability to melt into shadows and using Driller's Rapid Spin to stop any poisonous gas from hurting my pokemon.

"Oh you said challenged the Unova League, why did you stop?" Ren asked me excitedly.

I pondered on what to tell him, I wasn't sure if I should tell him of the truth, I hated people thinking I was weak, but then I didn't like lying to friends, and Ren seemed to be a very good friend. I just decided to tell him the truth, if he thought I was weak and overconfident, well...

"I didn't stop, I managed to beat the Elite 4 but lost against the champion, it was my fault really, I had been overconfident," I told him. 

"Wait WHAT? You beat the Elite 4, that's really cool!" he exclaimed.

I didn't get why he was so excited.

"It's not that exciting actually, like I said, I lost against the champion," 

"Oh come on, even beating the Elite 4 is a huge achievement, and I heard the Unova League E4 are one of the strongest in the world, being in the top 3 amongst Reborn and Nors," he said. "You should be proud of what you accomplished. "

I... what? Top 3? I didn't know that. Maybe my defeat wasn't so bad after all. I felt a lot happier about it than I had ever felt. But I had still been overconfident, and I was determined to not let that happen ever again.

"So you came to Aevium to start over?" he asked.

"Yes," I replied.

"That's cool."

"Oh... thanks Ren," I said, smiling.

"Anytime," he grinned.

"But uh, where does Aevium's League stand in terms of rankings?" I asked him.

"Oh, you see, because Aevium has an Elite 8, the International Pokemon Association has deemed it to be in 'a league of its own'" he explained.

"I see, also, I supposed that's where we are supposed to go?" I pointed to a large set of double rooms which said 'Generator Room'.

"Yes, let's go and meet Venam and Melia."

"Aaaaaaaah!" I heard a scream as we entered the room.

I looked ahead and saw a very big, differently coloured Garbodor looming over Venam and a blond haired girl whom I presumed to be Melia.

"Yeah, we have a problem," Venam said.

"Don't worry, we'll help! Let's battle it together, Anthony!" Ren said.

Ren sent out a Growlithe, and I sent out Firestorm.

"Growlithe, use Fire Spin!" he said. 

Growlithe trapped the Garbodor in a twisted of fire. 

"Garboo!" it said and sent a pile of Sludge hurtling at Growlithe, who leaped and manged to avoid it.

"Ok, Firestorm, use Fire Spin too! Strengthen the intensity of the flames!" I shouted. 

Garbodor sent another pile of sludge at Firestorm, who wasn't so lucky and got poisoned.. 

Uh-oh that wasn't good. 

I switched Firestorm out for Royal and Ren sent in his Froakie.

"Royal! Use Swords Dance and Shadow Sneak!" 

"Froakie, use Bubblebeam!" 

Both of our pokemon hit it with their strongest attacks, and under the intensity of Fire Spin, it was enough to weaken it so it could no longer attack.

"You shouldn't attack people as you see fit, you know Garbodor" I said to it.

"Garbo..." It said. And it disappeared into a pile of sludge.

"What the heck Venam, Melia. What was that?" Ren asked them.

"Oh you remember our project? Apparently it was a success." Venam said.

"Wait, hang on. What project?" I asked.

"You explain, Melia" Venam indicated to her.

"Um, have we met before?" Melia asked. "Oh! Now I remember, we bumped into each other back at the Lab, sorry for that by the way, I was in a hurry...

"Uh-huh, apology accepted. But what is the project?" I said.

"Right, we heard this rumour that if garbage bags were left out they would mutate into Trubbish and Garbodor, we wanted to test this so we put garbage bags out and as seeing that the Garbodor just popped out of nowhere, it seems to be true." Melia explained.

I had heard that rumour too, but hadn't believed it... until now.

"Anyways, the way you two battled was really cool!" Venam said.

"Can we just get out of here first and discuss that later? The smell of Garbodor is getting to me," Ren pinched his nose.

"Yeah, let's go, I have completed what I wanted to do anyways," Melia said.

A few minutes later we were back outside.

"Since the generator is back up and working again, I can go to Goldenwood Forest now," Melia said.

"Oh,about that... they said they the trains won't be running today," I told her.

"Well, that sucks, but I can go tomorrow," she decided.

"So what are you guys gonna do now?" Ren asked.

"I have some challengers to battle, so I'll be doing that," Venam said.

"Look at Venam, not neglecting her duties for a change," Ren muttered quietly.

"Hey! I can hear you!" Venam said indignantly.

"Busted," Melia said.

"Shut up Melia," Ren said.

"Anyways Anthony, the way you battled with the Garbodor was really cool, I want to battle you in an official Gym Battle," Venam told me.

"Of course! I was meaning to ask you anyway," I said, this was gonna be fun.

"Alright, today evening at 5 pm, we have a battle scheduled, don't be late because you're scared that I'll beat you!" Venam smirked.

"You better be ready to get beaten very badly, ha!" I replied back.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah!"

"We'll see then,"

"Of course!"

"But I bet you won't be able to beat me!"

"I'd like to try and I WILL!"

"ALRIGHT BOTH OF YOU THAT'S ENOUGH" Ren shouted.

And then we all bursted out laughing.

i am always open to feedback!

LINK TO NEXT CHAPTER

• 2 months later...

Happy belated birthday to An Aevium Adventure 🎉🎉🎉

I actually can't believe it's one year already hgsjdhdh

Anyways....

New chapter! 

Chapter 11: One Kiss You DON'T Want

Spoiler

As promised, I arrived at the East Gearen Gym at 5 o'clock sharp.

After all the stuff down in the sewers I had spent the rest of the day battling the other trainers in the city to prepare for Venam. I had also gone and got WhiteDove out of the PC box because I didn't feel comfortable with leaving her in their. It would mean that I will be walking around with 7 Pokemon but as long as I use only 6 to battle it didn't matter. 

At any rate I entered the gym was pleasantly surprised to see Ren and Melia there. 

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked them in amazement.

"We're here to watch your battle against Venam, duh," Ren rolled his eyes.

"Of course! It'll be interesting to watch a former Elite 4 challenger battle a Gym Leader," Melia said.

"Wait what? Champion? Did you tell her Ren?" I asked him.

Ren suddenly found his shoes very interesting.

I glared at him half-heartedly because I hadn't really asked him to keep it quiet. But even then, it was exactly stuff like this which doesn't want me to share the fact that I had almost become Champion. People treated it as some huge accomplishment when wasn't even that exciting.

But something about Ren had made me blurt it out. What was I thinking? Oh wait, that was the problem. I wasn't thinking.

Still, I found that I didn't really mind Melia knowing that.

"It really isn't that exciting, I am guessing he also told you about my epic fail," I sighed.

I glanced at Ren and immediately burst out laughing, his face was guilty-looking I couldn't help myself.

"Oh stop it Ren, you already told her and honestly it's not that bad so stop acting like you murdered someone," I chided him in between breaths.

At this Melia also started laughing and 

Ren blushed.

"Uh yeah right, I am guessing you want to start your gym challenge?" He asked, clearly anxious to change the subject. 

"Yeah, how do I start?" I said.

"Go through those double doors, and good luck, you'll need it," Melia pointed to a set of bright purple doors which stood out against the simple white background of the room we were in.

"Don't worry, I am sure you will do great," Ren clapped me on the back.

"I think you forget that I solved 8 different gym puzzles, this'll be a piece of cake," I boasted.

"We'll see," Melia said.

I rolled my eyes and web through the double doors.

I entered the next room and was immediately assaulted by purple. Seriously that colour was everywhere. From the floor to the ceiling, everything was in different shades of purple. Overdose, much?

The only thing that really stood out were multiple different containers full of coloured liquid.

"Hi, I'm Lenny," I heard a voice above me. I looked up and saw a guy on a balcony. He was wearing a T-shirt and shorts which were purple so he almost blended in with the room.

"Uh-" I began but he immediately interrupted me with a glare.

"Not one word about the outfit. Venam made me wear it," he said.

"Uh sure," I said, trying not to laugh, it was hard. "I am Anthony. Wanna explain the gym challenge to me?"

"Yeah, you see these containers? They are full of coloured acid. Don't worry the containers are secure so there's no chance of spilling," he added, seeing my expression. "You'll need to press the button on each one of them to add a little acid to create specific colours to pass the Gym challenge. Understood?"

I nodded. Though I was scared, I SUCKED at colours. But I wasn't going to let Lenny know that.

"Good, oh by the way there's a gym guide panel you can consult before battling Venam," Lenny pointed to one which had been painted exactly the same shade as the wall behind it so it was almost indistinguishable from the wall. What's up with Venam and purple?

"Got it, thanks. So what's the first colour I need to make?" I asked.

"The first colour you need to make is Green," he replied.

And so began my very first gym challenge in Aevium.

Half an hour later:

I was hopelessly lost. I had manged to get the first colours right but the more complex ones like for example I had to mix two colours to create one colour, and then mix another two colours to make one colour, then mix the two new colours to create a new colour, I was actually garbage.

Lenny wasn't of much help either, when I asked him for hints he gave me some of the worst ones I had ever heard in my history of solving gyn puzzles. Arceus forbid I had to face puzzles like this in the rest of the gyms of Aevium. Oh fuck, Ren and Melia were so going to tease me for this since I had boasted. In my defense, I wasn't prepared for this kind of puzzle.

After what felt like an hour Lenny finally took pity on me and brought out a colour chart which I was able to reference and get the combinations right. 

"FINALLY!" I shouted, because it felt good.

"Yeah well, good job," Lenny said, not bothering to hide his smirk. 

Whatever, I went over to the Gym Guide Panel(I am going to refer to them as GGP from now on) and contacted Jan for some advice. After that I was ready to fight Venam.

"Well, good luck against Venam Anthony," Lenny wished me luck.

"Thanks," I said and headed to the doors leading into the Arena.

Venam was looking bored as I approached the arena. 

"You're late," she announced. 

"Yeah well, I got delayed by a certain gym puzzle." I retorted.

"Can't help it if my challenger doesn't know his colours," she shrugged.

"You know, I distinctly remembered a certain somebody telling me that the gym puzzle would be a piece of cake, think it might have been you," Ren's voice came sniggering from my left. I looked there and saw a small seating area had been made and Melia, Ren and Lenny were there. 

"Oh shut up," I said, my face burning.

"At any rate, let's get this battle started!" Luca's voice came from my left. I looked there and saw a similar seating area made but with no seats. Luca was standing there in an outfit similar to Lenny's and was holding two flags, one Purple(duh!) and one Blue, she also had a white whistle around her neck. I assumed she was the refree.

"Right, explain the rules Luca," Venam said.

"This will be 3-on-3 singles battle. Each trainer can switch Pokemon whenever they want. The use of items is not allowed," Luca said. "The battle is considered finished when all three Pokemon of a trainer have been successfully rendered unable to continue battling!" 

"Go get 'em, Robin!" Melia cheered.

"Yeah, I am sure you'll do great," Ren said.

"Hey! Who's side are you on?!" Venam demanded.

Lenny snickered.

"Heh, sorry Venam, but I'd love to see a battle where you don't wipe out your challenger in about 5 minutes, and u have a feeling this going to be it," Melia shrugged.

Venam turned to me.

"Ah, whatever," she said. "Hope you don't get performance anxiety! I won't be kind, so you better not be either!"

"Let's see who gets performance anxiety, and as for being kind, I think it's hugh time you get knocked off your high Ponyta," I said.

"Oh yeah? Well I, Venam, leader of East Gearen Gym will end your league challenge before it even begans!" she boasted.

"Battle... START!" Luca shouted.

"Mareanie! Go," Venam sent out her first Pokemon.

"WhiteDove come on out!" I sent her out.

"Challenger Anthony chooses Ducklett while Leader Venam sends out her Mareanie!" Luca said.

"Hmm, Venam's Mareanie can stall out Anthony's Ducklett with poison status," Ren mused.

"Alright Mareanie use haze! Cover the battlefield!" Venam said.

"Not so fast! WhiteDove! Defog!" I said 

"How did you..." Venam trailed off. 

"Seems like you aren't used to getting countered huh? Well too bad. WhiteDove use Aerial Ace!" I shouted.

I understood Venam's tactics, she had Mareanie use Haze so it can hide in the mist because it can't move fast enough to dodge attacks and slowly whittle down it's opponents with Poison status. Too bad for her that WhiteDove was a flying type.

WhiteDove landed a hit but was poked by Mareanie's spikes. Fortunately she wasn't poisoned but I'll have to use ranged attacks as to not let her get poisoned. But WhiteDove knew no special Flying attacks, I'll just have to risk it.

"Ugh, Mareanie! Use Toxic Spikes!" Venam ordered.

"Nope. WhiteDove use Whirlwind! Blow the spikes back!" I countered.

It worked. The spikes changed direction midair and flew straight back towards Mareanie and poked it hard. It shrieked in pain, it must be close to fainting now.

"Finish it with another Aerial Ace!" I said.

"NO! Mareanie use Baneful Bunker!" Venam countered.

WhiteDove managed to land a hit but not before Mareanie's poison spikes hit her. It cried out in pain and fainted. But Venam's Mareanie weakened from WhiteDove's attacks, also fainted.

I realised the others had gone silent. Except Luca who said, "It's a draw! Anthony's Ducklett and Venam's Mareanie have both fainted!"

"Oh yeah, this is getting good," Lenny said, rubbing his hands.

"Well that was unexpected," Ren said. "I don't think I have seen a challenger defeat Mareanie with only one pokemon."

"Send out your second Pokemon!" Luca said.

"You're good, but can your Pokemon stand up to my next Pokemon? Ivysaur, go!" Venam sent out her second pokemon, a purple Ivysaur.

"Shiny? It doesn't matter. Firestorm go!" I sent him out.

Venam smirked. "Do you think your Ponyta can stand up to Ivysaur just because it has an advantage over Ivysaur in terms of typing? Well sorry to so but NO. Ivysaur, use Sleep Powder!"

"Firestorm! Use Fire Spin! Blow the powder back!" I said.

It worked but Venam just smiled.

"Heh. You just fell into my trap, Ivysaur! Acid Spray!" she said.

The acid turned to steam as it went through the fire tornado Firestorm. Wait, the poisonous steam could hurt Firestorm! 

"No! Firestorm! Use Flame Charge quick!" But the damage had already been done. The steam left Firetorm hurt pretty badly, however he somehow pulled through and charged at Ivysaur cloaked in flames. Ivysaur used Acid Spray jsut as Firestorm collided with it. And both fainted from the resultant effects. 

"Another tie!" Luca announced.

"Ugh, I can't have another tie," I muttered. And from look on Venam's face, she was think along the same lines as mine.

"You think you've won because you have knocked out two of my Pokemon? We'll get ready for my ace, Seviper!" Venam sent out her Seviper. 

I recalled what Jan had said about it. It had a special move called Venam's Kiss which could hurt Steel types pretty badly. It was risky bringing Royal out but I was left with no other choice. 

"Royal! Go!" I sent him out.

"Final round start!" Luca shouted.

"Seviper! Use Glare!" Venam shouted.

"Nope, Royal melt into the shadows!" I shouted.

"Seviper! Bulldoze!" she countered. 

"I think I said nope. ROYAL USE SWORD'S DANCE AND SHADOW SNEAK!" I shouted.

At this point I was so engrossed in the battle that I hadn't realised that I was leaning over the railing. And I didn't realise when I had leaned much too far and tumbled down onto the battlefield. 

"Anthony! Are you okay?" Melia asked.

"Yeah, I am fine," I said, standing up and dusting my jacket. "Don't worry, I have had enough experience with standing on the battlefield, I am fine."

"How did you not get burned?" Venam asked. 

"Why would I get burned in the first place?" I asked, perplexed.

"Because the field is acidic. I made the mistake of touching it once and it hurt pretty badly," she replied. "The railing exists for a reason."

"Wh- listen, I fell down here and am fine so don't worry about me let's continue." I said.

"Alright,"

I turned my eyes onto the battle and realised Royal and Seviper had continued fighting, trading hits, both of them tiring. I couldn't let this end on a draw. 

"Seviper! Venam's Kiss!" Venam shouted.

"ROYAL USE SMART STRIKE!" I shouted so loudly that I was pretty sure the entirety of Gearen heard my shout.

Seviper landed a hit which Royal managed to endure due to his high defense but Royal's attack fainted it.

"And that's that! Challenger Anthony defeats Leader Venam 2-3!" Luca announced, trying not to laugh.

"Good job Royal," I said, recalling him back.

"YES! I knew Anthony would win! Go Anthony!" Melia cheered.

Ren and Lenny repeated the cheer.

"Man, and I had such a good streak too!" Venam said. "But man. FINALLY someone knows how to do shit around here that aren't these 4. I am tired of all the Jessica's and Timmy's that come here with their prized Skwovets and Patrats. Only for me to obliterate then without thinking. Psh. Come up here and get your winning rewards!"

I strode up to her side of the battlefield.

"As the official Gym Leader of East Gearen City, I present you with the Poison Heart Badge and the TM for Poison Sweep. Your winning money has been sent to your Trainer account."

"YES I WON MY FIRST GYM BATTLE!" I shouted in delight."

"We'll see you out Anthony," Ren said and he and the others went out of the arena.

"I am tired, I am heading back home, see ya," Venam said and disappeared through a teleport pad behind her.

Outside the East Gearen Gym

"You were so cool!" Melia said. 

"Seconded," Ren smiled.

"Thanks..." I said, suddenly I was feeling a hell of a lot tired. "I think I will head back to the trainer dormitories. I am tired."

"Aw okay," Ren said, sounding slightly disappointed.

"Oh yeah, Melia. Can I come with you on your trip to Goldenwood Forest tomorrow? I'd like to have a guide who can show me around." I told her.

"Sure! I'll meet you at the North Western train station at 8 tomorrow," she said.

"Thanks, bye guys, see you tomorrow," I waved at them and headed off in the direction of East Gearen Laboratory. My feet barely obeying me. I felt the same on the S.S. Oceana but there was no Team Xen here. What was happening? I could barely make it to my bunk before passing out.

Variya sipped her tea, and said to herself, " Anthony seems to be awakening his powers top quickly, perhaps it's the return to Aevium, whatever the case I can have that, he might regain memories and too quickly."

She leaned forward and typed something in her laptop which was open.

"There we go, it should stop him from using his power again."

I can set up a proper update schedule now.

How frequently should I post chapters?

Feedback is always appreciated <3

• 3 months later...

Hi, it's been quite some time xD

Sooooo

I honestly don't know if there are avid readers of AAA, but I appreciate every single one of you who decided to give it a read, commented and left your thoughts on it.

Anyways, I will dropping AAA going forward. Reason is, I found out that I really didn't like writing stuff I didn't really want to, and in turn they came ot considerably worse than the chapters I had fun writing. 

I will not be completely dropping Anthony's story. I will write one shots and stuff, just not the entirety of Rejuv. 

This will also give me time to focus on my other OCs. And I feel my writing will improve. 

Also I'll be using my Tumblr for OC related stuff from now on.

• 7 months later...

Hello, it's been sure a while huh?

Well

An Aevium Adventure is now being restarted.

The OC bug bit me again and now I am under its control. Help

Anyway, for real though. I am back to writing again. This will also be good practice.

Who knows how long I'll continue it before dropping it again?  I think I will have fun though. 

Here's a snippet of what I am working on

image.png.dcccd3a26db4db86a4d7465f177c1e55.png

I will try my best to keep chapters weekly, but no promises (i am done making them)

Chapters will be on the forums, however I also plan on posting them to AO3 Totally not related to the fact that I want my account to not rot

If you have read AAA before, and are willing to read it again, I don't know what to say
Anyw I am trying to get the next chapter out around 19th October, so i can say that it took me one year to write a single chapter.