[IC]TotMG:LF The Ships

StormLord

"And I don't give a shit whether you think I'm 'unique or interesting.' You're gonna have to try harder to piss me off than that." Scarlet rolled her eyes. "My dipshit tolerance is up." If it were a few decades ago, she might have risen to the challenge, but she'd seen too many kids high on their own fumes at this point. Instead, she just headed off to see if she could improvise something to . . . or find something powerful enough to get her drunk. Sometimes she wondered why she even tried to go legit. Things were easier when she just killed everyone that annoyed her.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joaquin just shrugged as Scarlet walked off. Then it hit him.

Alex's fist, that is.

"Ow! The hell was that for?"

"Was for trying to pull... whatever the hell that stunt you were trying to pull even was. I need a drink."

Without any further words, Alex left his seat and retrieved a cooler from the Party Van's back. Alex opened it and pulled out two cold bottles of... some amber unmarked liquid - one for himself, and one for Joaquin.

After a few moments of drinking in silence - save for the crunching of Joaquin eating some snacks he'd taken from another box in the Party Van's back - Joaquin began to speak again. This time, however, he was much quieter. Almost afraid, even.

"So... what do you think we're going to be doing, exactly?"

"You think I know that any better than you? It's going to be helping him in some way we won't ever know about, let alone see. Same as our time in the NEP, same as our time in the Corvids."

"... You really like to get reductive when it comes to this sort of thing, you know that?"

"Why else do you think I got stuck with you instead of actually making it somewhere in the NEP, huh? I don't know jack about 'bigger picture perspectives', and I wasn't about to do the dick-sucking required to make up for that shortcoming."

"That totally explains last Thursday."

"The point of the drinks was to stop you from saying things like that."

"I've said nothing of the sort. What I've implied, on the other hand... Really, though. You don't expect any better from them?"

"That Jack guy seems like he's got the greed of the SNC with the unprofessionalism of the Corvids. Toss in a dose of Great Leader-tier pride and a pinch of the Spacer's upper-class facade, and you've got a recipe that'll serve an entire nation. Not all at the same intensity and all, but still..."

"Haha! Well said, well said! But we'll still be working for him?"

"Honestly, seems just like before. We don't really have a choice, do we?"

"... Hey, you want some of these?"

"Yeah, thanks."

With that, the two went back to eating and drinking in relative silence.

Harmony

With precision and grace, Harmony added yet another stroke to her painting, masterfully recreating the dias that was meant to be the door's 'key'. Truthfully, she could've cared less about the now vaporized ruins, but there was history that was stored in those stones, and she could hardly trust those barbarians who called themselves archeologists to bother keeping an accurate portrayal of the place. So, she decided to grace it with a footprint in history, a reminder that it once existed, before it inevitably faded from all memory except hers. For an instant, her eyes shifted away from her canvas, registering the sight of another young woman walking past her station, white hair and red clothes highlighting a particularly annoyed expression. Then in that same instant, she returned her gaze to her painting.

At least until her eyes suddenly snapped back to Scarlet, catching a sight that caught her interest,

"Fascinating, now aren't you an interesting specimen. An artificial immortal, hm?" Harmony commented as her green eyes bore into Scarlet's back, leaning forward and resting her chin on her hands as she did so.

Scarlet stopped in her tracks as the strange woman called her out. She turned her head, silently giving her an appraising look. The brunette didn't look all that threatening, but it was never the ones that did that got you. "You're perceptive," she commented simply, before turning to face the stranger more fully. "I don't think we've been introduced." Her tone was guarded, suspicious. Suspicion was a natural response to her; it kept you alive. It was something she defaulted to, questioning the intents of everyone as if she were a machine programmed to do so. Strangers that knew how long she'd been around were especially suspicious.

Harmony

"It is part of my job to notice the finer details, and no, we haven't yet" Harmony replied with a smile, not seeming to mind Scarlet's guarded tone. She was used to it, since no matter how 'unassuming' she looked, there was always something that clued the observant on her true nature, "My name is Harmony, a mere Observer who has chosen to watch this... Particular oddity of a group. You do happen to work with that anomaly that calls itself... Zoe, correct?" she asked, straightening her posture now that she had Scarlet's attention.

"Finer details. Sure." The explanation was clearly insufficient for the mercenary, but she didn't press the issue. . . yet. "And yes, we've been pressganged into working together. Not a typical associate of mine." Which wasn't quite true; she had encountered a number of characters over the years, and going legit had only made it weirder. Though, none were quite as insane as Walker. "So if you've got a file on me, you already know what you're getting into. That means we can skip the warnings, yeah?"

Harmony

“Hm, she is a strange creature, isn’t she? I doubt anything has experienced something like her before” Harmony commented, pushing herself from her chair and taking a few steps towards Scarlet, hands behind her back, hidden underneath her shawl,  “But yes, we can skip your ‘warnings’, I’m sure I’ve heard them all before. Right now, I’m far more interested in learning just what kind of being you are, miss..?”

• 2 weeks later...

Scarlet frowned. "Don't play dumb with me." She stepped back to match Harmony, visibly tensing. "Unless you're trying to hit me with some philosophical thing. If you know I'm, then you know 'what kind of being' I am. The guilt trip thing won't work, trust me." There's no room for more. "Better question is: who and what are you?"