Avoiding Nintendo's cease and desist

Imperial

I think we all know here that Nintendo and the Pokemon Company are very strict with their intellectual property and could have all the fan games made by this community stopped. Until now, we managed to stay off their radar, but I'm afraid it will change in the next months

Reborn's final episode is underway, and when it is finally released, it will likely make some noise. We saw it before with pokemon Uranium, big video games news sites started writing articles about its final release, and a week later Nintendo sent a C&D to the creators. Reborn's team is already expecting that, and is prepared for it.

But now there are many others fan games hosted on Reborn's website, Rejuvenation first of them. I'm afraid that when Nintendo starts looking at Reborn, they'll see all the other games and take them down with Reborn.

Did Rejuvenation's team think of that ? Do you have a plan to protect your game when Reborn's final version is released ?

• Veterans

We've always been aware of the possibility of receiving a C&D, and are prepared for it in the case it happens. Reborn as a whole though is a different story, but it seems to be a recurring theme that fangames only receive C&D upon its champion release, so it's possible that the unfinished games will remain untouched.

Either way, we'll find a way to avoid getting hit by the hammer prematurely, so I wouldn't worry too much about it for now. We'll cross that bridge when we get there.

• Like 1

I know Nintendo usually hits finished fan games, but here if you come for Reborn you can hardly ignore Rejuvenation. But I just wanted to raise that concern, if you're aware of this I'm sure you'll find a solution.