Why was Tyron's name changed?

So apparently in earlier versions of the game, Sirius's name was Tyron. Why was it changed? I initially thought it was supposed to be a crossover and that he was the same Sirius from Reborn. This made sense, considering we first learned that he was trying to create an entirely new world--the same goal that Team Meteor had been working toward. But then you find out that Sirius is

Spoiler

Vitus

hence not at all the same Sirius from Reborn. So why the name change from Tyron at all? This just invites confusion with Reborn. Was he at one point intended to actually be the Sirius from Reborn, and then that got thrown out? Does the game WANT you to think he's the character from Reborn, just to throw you off? I'm very confused about this.

22 hours ago, ShadowAgent said:

I think there are a number of people whos  names were changed. Amanda was named Amaria before right?

I'm not sure. If that change happened, though, it would have been to avoid confusion with Pokemon Reborn--while this seemingly went the other way.

Another thing--I just learned about two old sister ROM hacks called Pokemon Altair and Pokemon Sirius. Maybe the writers wanted to reference that? With Narcissa being an Altair and Vitus being Sirius? Or was it a nod to Sirius radio? Either way, it does invite a lot of confusion with Pokemon Reborn (if you google "Pokemon Rejuvenation Sirius" the first several results will be about Reborn's Sirius).

Sirius is the Dog-star, the Goat of Mendes, the sign of Satan upon his own forehead. The egyptian Sun-god priests, at the highest levels, understood tacitly that it was not Ra, the sun god they worshiped, but a being that disguised himself in light, but who in fact was a black cube of everlasting darkness, coming from the brightest star of all. It was taboo to speak of it because Sirius was associated with the Nile River during its drought period. Which would spell doom or famine for many people in Egypt. So the truth was kept as a very tight secret.

But I think Sirius was chosen because of Sirius radio. And the Altair and Sirius bit makes a LOT of sense as a reference... though it's confusing as can be on first-playthrough after just finishing Reborn.

My thought is that Vitus is basically looking to slay the Triforce Prime Arceus and become a god in his place. That would fit his evil motif.

It also now fully comes to my attention that Vitus is truly stalking us, the Interceptor. He was watching in Wispy Tower, he was watching in Zone Zero. He is close, he is near, he is aware. And he will inevitably strike again, when least we suspect... that or he decided he'd rather be a hot ice witch, dunno. That scene is confusing. He is starting to remind me of Makuta from the Bionicle saga. He has ALL the plans, and WE are the ones implementing them, one by one...

Ok, so maybe Isha was the culprit. I need to go back and read the dialogue we have with him in the Hospital of Ruin. But... some weird things are happening in that ruined building.

First off, it is tacitly shown that there was someone there with us, that we don't see. They unlock the gate for us. I was assuming this was Isha. he mentioned having that area still monitored. But was the doctor actually there? Again, I'm forgetting if he confesses this at the HoR.

What makes me suspect it's actually Sirius, is this: someone specifically tore out the medical files discussing the Theolia family, specifically Anathea. There was stuff missing I'm sure, but the files were also opened for us to find, or for someone to look at. Sirius would have good reason for looking at those records, but Isha just... doesn't. Ren mentions how weird it is, and notes someone must have been there recently in regards to this.

Then we have the quote that Sirius is more active than he appears to be, as he was stalking Team Xen as far back as the very beginning, it seems.

I just don't know anymore. It feels like Sirius would be more likely to go unnoticed. Isha is slippery, but as a side-villain and one only recently developed, I'd expect him to have gotten a good showing in Zone Zero, if only to hype it all up. It's no secret we were in Isiah's house, so why not SHOW the other explorer, and instead keep it all off-screen? It builds tension, but the addition of Anathea's files throws evidence our way we didn't have before. It's our "Assumption" Isha was there. Or at least, the only one. He could've brought Sirius along, for all we know, and we'd never know, until shown the scenes.

It could be Isha and Sirius were working together. Makes me wonder if Isha's talking about, "my gift will rise!", is a quote from Sirius... because it SOUNDS like something he would say, with that whole Gift to Humanity from before...

At any rate I still feel it likely he was at Zone Zero recently, or at some prior date to us arriving, to view Anathea's files. Or perhaps I'm making another assumption. But if not him, who would have interest in her records there? Everything about Sirius is a big confusing blank space. He appears to be almost an entirely different character from Indriad. The name change seems appropriate.

Also, Tyron sounds very, very similar to Typhon...