Pokémon Daybreak

Mizzy

THIS GAME IS NOT ALLOWED TO REPUBLISHED OR DISTRIBUTED (WHETHER IT IS MODIFIED OR NOT) ANYWHERE BY ANYONE OTHER THAN THE DEVELOPERS OF THE GAME, RAZ AND MIZZY

- - - INTRODUCTION - - -

Pokémon Daybreak is a fangame made in Pokemon Essentials, and has been in the works for around 2 years by an extremely small development team. For incentive, we have explored: the Pokémon anime and games, real world locations, mythical legends and more.

In no way do we receive any profit for this fangame or anything related to such. We are protected under fair use laws and do not intend to breach those.

- - - STORY - - -

MEExN45.png

A meteor has struck, and you, the local professor's new assistant are assigned to the case. However, some mischievous individuals have beat you to it; and are inspecting the meteor for their own purposes. Who are they, and why is the meteor imperative?

Pokémon Daybreak introduces the enigmatic region 'Armira', and is centralised around storytelling and challenging gameplay. The game is aesthetically beautiful and there are many unique locations you will encounter on your journey, such as a meteor crash site, a castle and a cherry blossom forest. Themes of exploitation, greed, and history are examined and lore is dotted all throughout the game. Take on the challenge of becoming Pokémon Champion in the all-embracing region of Armira!

- - - FEATURES - - -

0P7w20Z.png

• A new and expensive region, 'Armira'

• 10 Gyms, Elite Four + Champion

• About 14 hours of gameplay (excluding the Battle Island and Post Game)

• A custom dex of 600 Pokémon from ALL Gens!

• Difficulty Settings (Normal and Hard Mode)

• An intriguing, climactic story with new, original characters

• New custom regional forms/variants including: Water Arcanine, Fairy/Dragon Garchomp and more

• New custom mega evolutions, including those of Lapras and Heliolisk

• 'Dualeons' are a mix of two eeveelution types to create a new mon

• Quests (Including optional side-quests)

• The ability to see ALL encounters in that area from your menu

• Purely GBA-Themed, with Gen 3 Styled textures,music and many new, custom remixes

• The Battle Island! (Our version of the Battle Frontier)

• The 'Armiran Isles' Post-Game which concludes the rest of the story. Coming soon!

• An active discord where you can interact with other players, the developers, find a FAQ and more

• Discord: https://discord.gg/KQvnTp5

• Current Version: v1.6.1.1 [Updated 4th October 2020]
  •  

MORE FEATURES + SCREENSHOTS

Mystery Gifts!

Change nickname from Party Screen

MANY Easter eggs

Some regional variants are available, such as Alolan Vulpix

More Pokémon to be introduced as part of the Armiran Isles Update

Some HMs have been replaced with equipment

HMs are now TMs, and TMs are unlimited use

Some Pokémon have new moves/movesets, for example Heliolisk can now learn Fire Blast

New moves, such as 'Fairy Rush' (which is Garchomp Exclusive)

No Z-Moves or Gigantamax

Many side, optional areas where you can complete quests, find rare items and Pokémon, etc

RlpbxN8.png

J3nPbQX.png

wY3YUuV.png

o1JwKvZ.png

r5fjnXD.png

0HUSg0P.png

ILDwnFD.png

XZgQA5e.png

nI5IfYV.png  

CREDITS: https://pastebin.com/raw/ESciac22

Edited by Mizzy
new update
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

This looks really cool.  Quick question, are there any plans to do a "mirror" on the download for a MEGA link instead of one that uses Mediafire?  

If not that's ok.  I can still download it with the mediafire one I have just had some issues with it before.  (Long story)

59 minutes ago, Crimson_Mc_Black said:

So i tried downloading it, and my computer said it couldn't open it because it was void.

There is a fix in the discord.

1 hour ago, TheSpark said:

This looks really cool.  Quick question, are there any plans to do a "mirror" on the download for a MEGA link instead of one that uses Mediafire?  

If not that's ok.  I can still download it with the mediafire one I have just had some issues with it before.  (Long story)

Updated post. https://mega.nz/file/UZxx1RZZ#0KHewREyxmCkyXaZPdQ1_bcrOrMBOijJyTAjnV2mIlQ

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wow, this looks fun! 😄 Thank you for sharing!

Question, when you talk about the hours of gameplay excluding battle island and post game, does that mean this download has everything up to a post game? I'm confused because 14 hours doesn't sound like 10 gyms to me, but I might not be understanding you right 🙂 

10 hours ago, Hannelore said:

Wow, this looks fun! 😄 Thank you for sharing!

Question, when you talk about the hours of gameplay excluding battle island and post game, does that mean this download has everything up to a post game? I'm confused because 14 hours doesn't sound like 10 gyms to me, but I might not be understanding you right 🙂 

It was 14 hours for me, and I've been developing this game for 2 years. I can practically guarantee the game definitely lasts more than 14 hours, but 14 is the bare minimum

13 hours ago, Mizzy said:

It was 14 hours for me, and I've been developing this game for 2 years. I can practically guarantee the game definitely lasts more than 14 hours, but 14 is the bare minimum

Ah, I'm glad to know I have quite a bit of gameplay to enjoy then 😄 I think I might take longer than average in Pokemon because I love to explore as much as I possibly can and I don't want to miss anything, so maybe my concept of how long it takes is just skewed 😅

1 hour ago, Hannelore said:

Ah, I'm glad to know I have quite a bit of gameplay to enjoy then 😄 I think I might take longer than average in Pokemon because I love to explore as much as I possibly can and I don't want to miss anything, so maybe my concept of how long it takes is just skewed 😅

I had the same reaction. Going in, I expected it to be sort of like Reborn or Rejuv. It's way easier and I flew through it.

On 7/29/2020 at 5:55 AM, VividGrey said:

I had the same reaction. Going in, I expected it to be sort of like Reborn or Rejuv. It's way easier and I flew through it.

While it is probably easier than Reborn/Rejuv, I would like to think it's still a challenge. I think you are going a bit overboard saying you flew through it haha. (and if you did then gg)

On 7/29/2020 at 4:37 AM, Hannelore said:

Exploring is fantastic! Especially mid-late game, you may find something interesting

20 hours ago, Mizzy said:

While it is probably easier than Reborn/Rejuv, I would like to think it's still a challenge. I think you are going a bit overboard saying you flew through it haha. (and if you did then gg)

Exploring is fantastic! Especially mid-late game, you may find something interesting

Hey, it doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it! The game is really well made and I love the general vibe of the island. What I really liked was that you can see which encounters belong to your current area. The thing that made the game easy for me was that you gave acces to really strong pokemon from the beginning (speed boost torchic, ralts, etc.)

On 7/31/2020 at 8:58 PM, NoomiZ said:

Love how it looks! Would also love to play it, but seem to have trouble unzipping the file. Is this happening to anyone else?

What are you unzipping with? This is the first time I hadn't been able to extract a Pokemon fangame with the standard windows extract. I was told in Daybreak's discord to use something like 7zip or winrar. Personally I used peazip as I had it on my computer already but I'm not sure if that's as good, I just know it worked for me 🙂 

7 hours ago, Hannelore said:

What are you unzipping with? This is the first time I hadn't been able to extract a Pokemon fangame with the standard windows extract. I was told in Daybreak's discord to use something like 7zip or winrar. Personally I used peazip as I had it on my computer already but I'm not sure if that's as good, I just know it worked for me 🙂 

Yes, this is correct. I don't know why some people have this issue, however 7zip or winrar works perfectly for extracting. (For almost immediate replies I highly recommend joining the discord as this is where the devs are most active, and if not the devs I'm sure another player can help

On 7/31/2020 at 6:48 AM, VividGrey said:

Hey, it doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it! The game is really well made and I love the general vibe of the island. What I really liked was that you can see which encounters belong to your current area. The thing that made the game easy for me was that you gave acces to really strong pokemon from the beginning (speed boost torchic, ralts, etc.)

I appreciate the feedback! If you are looking for a real challenge, we plan to release hard mode soon; which consists of much harder opponents and healing being disallowed in battle.

• Like 2

Hello,

I started playing this and its' really amazing so far. I'm currently at the 4th Gym. I have two questions though relating to regional forms. I'll spoil them though. 

Does that Fire Tyranitar evolve from normal pupitar? I've seen normal larvitar but no region form for it. So I don't know if it exists at all. Secondly, does that Tropious Regional form exist in the game currently? I saw it on the wiki and its looks pretty great!

14 hours ago, CainReborn said:

Hello,

I started playing this and its' really amazing so far. I'm currently at the 4th Gym. I have two questions though relating to regional forms. I'll spoil them though. 

Hide contents

Does that Fire Tyranitar evolve from normal pupitar? I've seen normal larvitar but no region form for it. So I don't know if it exists at all. Secondly, does that Tropious Regional form exist in the game currently? I saw it on the wiki and its looks pretty great!

Yes. It now learns eruption at 48. And no, it exists but is unobtainable. At the moment the best place for quick answers and information is the discord, so I would refer to that in the future

On 8/7/2020 at 8:57 AM, Jonchew said:

my game just stop responding after battling the 3rd gym trainer

for 2 times

you are playing on an old version. You have to update your game.

11 hours ago, Shiruu34 said:

you said something about a speed up button, what button do i have to press for it ?

It has since been removed

• Haha 1

Hey Mizzy,I found a glitch which kinda messed up the  save game.

I'm in Edgston Town before beating the first gym.

So I was going to the Edgston Woods for the second Quest "Rivalry!" But as I went into the woods a dialogue box popped up saying "Bye."

Which is odd cuz I watched HeroVoltsy's Let's Play and that didn't happen.It's rather what Danty says before leaving the woods.

Then I fought the first Bugcatcher and caught a Bulbasaur.I didn't even go to Danty and saved the game after healing at the pokemon center.(That's where the save is)

Then when I went into the woods I didn't find him.He wasn't there.which kinda makes sense judging by the dialog box pop up.

also the girl blocking the gym was gone,treating the game like I already met Dante but even the Quest in the menu was still the same after beating the gym.

So yeah I didn't save the game after that cuz that might break the save even more.

And that's about it.

1.I wasn't speeding the game while the dialog box pop up and stuff happened.

2.I downloaded the game from the mega link in the comments.(I also have problems with Mediafire, I can't download from it at all)

So Here's the save file for you:

https://mega.nz/file/L8tljASR#qTQWcIKluYhlnRpOTEYnR0XOdO8VxYB0hIS89VbKvgE

Good Luck.

Edit:

Hey.So after that I replayed the game from the start all over again.Well,from the save I had which was after getting Eevee anyway.

I played it up till that same point.Caught all the special ability pokemons all over like last time,except Speed Boost Torchic.Couldn't find em ha.

but yeah the same glitch is happening again and I'm starting to think that it has something to do with treading for that Helioptile for a Zorua at the pokemon center before beating the gym.Cuz I did went to the woods this time before treading unlike last time just to clear the forest items but didn't talk to Danty.My bad.So the glitch again started after treading.You can play the save to see what I mean cuz this save is before that glitch happening.No matter how many time I reset It's no use.

Just see if you can do something about it Cuz I'm not willing to play it from the start over again Again,specially hunting for sa pokemons.

https://mega.nz/file/vt0gACJL#fTydJGRi-2IPWr3Q8wig2uLjRkkPON6VZlMjnTbEWWU

Also I cannot for the life of me download from Mediafire Links.It just doesn't load at all or says that it's Blocked.So please include MEGA links of MANDATORY PATCH or something.

Edit2:

Okay.So I download the MANDATORY PATCH from Mediafire using Tor and my friend's VPN(The internet from that was sh*t though.Took like more then half an hour to download a 32MB file cuz the speed was like 21kp per/second ahhh)

But guess What?

Yeah...It's still happening.

So I'm just gonna Stop trying.If you can fix it then let me know.

Bye.

Edited by Ranger Dash

• 2 weeks later...

I need help downloading the patch for the third gym, it downloads but won't go to the right place and I'm still stuck with the glitch gym. I don't know how to combine the patch with my base file. Can someone please send me the base file combined with the mandatory patch for the 3rd gym?

• Like 1