Should I play black and white after Reborn or another Fan game?

VirenEdgeX

I am playing reborn right now and after playing it I want to play another pokemon game with a well written story that is not as dark as reborn. Preferably something light that can be serious at times or something in the middle ground between light and dark. I heard black and white from the official games has a pretty good story, but I wonder does it compare to the fan games out there that have what I am looking for?

So I ask you my dear community members. Should I play black and white  or do you recommend me a fan game instead and If so then which?

both have a dark storylinem but rejuvenation is a bit brighter then reborn, and A LOT brighter then Desolation, both games are slightly easier then reborn but still have challenge. If your looking for games to emulate then I would reccomend some rom hacks like Pokemon Glazed, Pokemon Light Platinum, Pokemon Floral Sky, and Pokemon Gaia. But it dosent really matter which one you play first as BW are short games compared to reborn, and the reborn inspired games 

I would recommend you play light platinum because it has two regions like gold and silver so there is a lot of content like reborn also you can also change up your team when you get to the second region since some trainers there level 40ish in the beginning but you will probably be level 70ish unless you beat the champion of the first region somehow with level 50ish Pokemon like I did ( I don't know how I won because its been an year or two since I beat him ) this will help you diversify your choices when you get to the final fight( not gonna spoil it ) and its story is waay less dark than reborn and I don't think it has any swearing in it.( I did not finish the game because I lost my save file where I had made a lot of progress in one playthrough so I just got angry and never played it again but I did see videos on the ending if you want you can get it spoiled for yourself ) and it also has mega evolution.

Edited by Frezton

I agree with ChaoticStreamer. Not only are Blaze Black and Volt White harder but they also have every single pokemon available in the game. Drayano hacks are always pretty great. In addition Pokemon Desolation is a fantastic game, although you may not like it because it has a dark tone (although not as dark as reborn). Legends of the Arena just got its final update and that game is nowhere near as dark as either but is also a great game. 

as for storyline, tbh fan games are much better than original ones but i still recommend you on playing as black and white IMO is one on the best pokemon games out of all generations

I like BW’s storyline (and I’m rather picky when it comes to that). I think you’d enjoy it. I also played Pokémon Gaia and can recommend both it’s story and gameplay 🙂

Pokemon Rejuvenation is one of the best games I have ever played (Along with Reborn and Desolation). It is as exactly like Reborn in darkness and style. It is the perfect option in my opinion. 

On 7/11/2020 at 1:36 AM, Rainlove said:

Pokemon Rejuvenation is one of the best games I have ever played (Along with Reborn and Desolation). It is as exactly like Reborn in darkness and style. It is the perfect option in my opinion. 

They said they wanted something less dark. So it isnt the perfect option for them.

• 1 month later...