Team recommendations?

InnocentSinner

I am not very far into pokemon rejuv but i just wanted to know if theres any pokemon yall would recommend picking up for my team in the future? my team atm is combusken, nidorino, rockruff, blitzle, buizel, and woobat!! I feel like this should go in the team showcase section but this is specifically for rejuv and not reborn (unless it doesnt really matter then i apologize!)

As for right now, change Buizel, right now. Buizel is a terrible Pokemon. You can use a Grass Type instead. Good options include Cherrim (Petal Dance destroys the early game) which is found at the rooftop of the Chrysolia Hotel. You can use Leavanny, too, which evolves REALLY early, since you can just run around to increase it's happiness, it's found after beating Challenger Mars, i think, at the Goldenleaf Cave (which reopens after you reach Goldenleaf Town). Blitzle is also a terrible Pokemon. Since your team covers pretty well Water (if you use a grass type) and Flying types, there's no need for including a Blitzle, but if you want to use an Electric type, use Charjabug. It's better if you save Nidorino for later, after it gets Poison Jab at level 38, I think, and Earth Power as a Nidoking at level 43. Klink is an amazing choice, although it evolves pretty late, Gear Grind does so much damage, and it will cover Fairy, Ice and Rock types really well. Especially good for the Ice gym, Shift Gear + Gear Grind ruins her whole team. With the team you have right now, Keta will give you A LOT of trouble. You may have Woobat, or even evolve it into Swoobat, but it will need more support. Vivillion is a great choice, since it learns Psybeam for the battle, but I'll explain it's usefulness later on. Lastly, Mightyena, great attack for the early game, and it has Moxie, also, it may be useful against the battle in the Wispy Tower, though I won't spoil that to you.

Well, here comes another large piece of text.

Sylveon: You can find Eevee just after arriving into Sheridan Village, trough the 'Battle me again' quest, but it's better if you complete it after beating the events in Carotos Mountain. Sylveon is an amazing support Pokemon, thanks to it's access to Misty Terain and Wish (if the Eevee has it as an egg move). It hits really hard with Moonblast, and it's really bulky, too.

Ambipom: With Flash support from another Pokemon, this thing destroys Narcissa's gym, but it doesn't stop there! Found in Route 2, Ambipom has the Technician ability, which basically grants it a 60 base power Fake Out, which can follow shortly after with a Double Hit, OHKO'ing almost everything on it's path.

Espeon: Breed another Eevee, and unleash the power of the Psychic cat. No need to explain it. Sky high special attack, amazing speed, good special bulk, learns Psychic moves early. 

Talonflame: As soon as it evolves at level 35, it will have access to Flare Blitz and Brave Bird. Acrobatics, learned at level 44 is best tho, since it doesn't harms Gale Wings priority, which makes Talonflame an effective revenge killer (Gen 6 flashbacks). You can get it at Oceana Pier, there's a small portion of grass with a bunch of Fletching on it

Vivillion: Good in the Early game, and amazing once it gets Sleep Powder and Quiver Dance. Since it has Coumpound Eyes, it basically gets Spore, which we know is OP, and a reliable stab move in Hurricane. Vivillion is an amazing support pokemon in doubles and can be an effective sweeper, too.

Those are the things that come to my head at this moment, but feel free to ask me anything if you need advice, or something ^~^

Edited by Gastronely

I would recommend having a water type on your team Normmally I pick greninja as my starter but another good option is azumarill and also empoleon you can find azumarill on azure shore sometimes and you can get empoleon by sailing north out of akuwa town on to evergreen island but empoleon is only obtainable with anju's pendant. to get anju's pendant you should do the maid sidequest in indraids mansion

Heres some of the pokemon that got me throgh Rejuv(intense)

Scolipede: Im just sayin when you put speed boost toxic protect and megahorn all on one pokemon....your gonna be hurting alllot of pokemon that way

moveset: Megahorn,Toxic,Protect,????

Clefable: NEVER think this thing is just "cute"...I have a clefable that single handedly took down 11 pokemon in a double battle....while my team mate was out of battle

moveset: Cosmic Power,Minimize,Moonblast,Stored Power

Talonflame: I know you have a physical fire type already but talonflame has gale wings which means itll outspeed anything that isnt priorty(basically all its flying moves have priority)

moveset: Acrobatics,Flare blitz,Tailwind,Quick guard(Here me out with the last move. theres a fight which i cant spoil that has this person use a move that has priority(youll know the pokemon when it starts "Decimating" everything) and its a fight that your supposed to "loose" but if you  spam that move  you can win it)

Empoleon: When i first hered this thing got a crest i was like"This isnt good change it" and that was that. Im now using empoleon as much as i use my starter and i cannot wait to get my hands on it(TIP: run a physical moveset on it....Youll thank me trust me)

moveset: Aqua jet, Swords dance, Agillity, Power trip

Ludicolo: All im gonna say is it wrecked a potential water/fire gym leader. this things so powerful in rain....and its also a really great grass type

movest: Giga drain,Surf,Energy ball,Fake out

Stoutland: Im honestly shocked im still using this pupster I thought id get rid of him near the 7th badge....But hes kinda grown on me(Idk if hed grow on you but all i can say is he destroys the poison type leader)

moveset: Crunch, Return, Psychic fangs, Work up/Play rough

There are so many good pokemon thats avaliable to you dude all of the pokemon that i just mentioned minus the empoleon and the ludicolo can be found before the 3rd gym and theres many more that i didnt mention like Sylveon or Medicham or roserade or even mightyena

Just get creative literally anything you see can be used in some way shape or form 

(also sorry for the many spelling errors lol had to get this down fast before i lost all motivation typing this)

21 hours ago, Gengar768 said:

Clefable: NEVER think this thing is just "cute"...I have a clefable that single handedly took down 11 pokemon in a double battle....while my team mate was out of battle

moveset: Cosmic Power,Minimize,Moonblast,Stored Power

Fuck Clefable. The OU metagame is so horrible because of that fat blob