Old Versions

MonkeyDYanni

On 5/7/2020 at 7:13 AM, MonkeyDYanni said:

i am asking for it for a reason though

What reason would there be for downgrading?
Older episodes of the game are far less complete and judging by Shofu's playthrough are far less quality than the current, they're missing the most complex component in the game (the field effects) and at least two generations of Pokemon depending on which older episode we're talking about. 

The basic plot, items and side missions have remained unchanged.

For this reason I would expect there to be no old versions available for download and I doubt anyone who started with older versions still have them. I started with 18 and promptly deleted it as soon as 18.2 loaded my save successfully.  

On 5/9/2020 at 5:03 AM, Devilish said:

What reason would there be for downgrading?
Older episodes of the game are far less complete and judging by Shofu's playthrough are far less quality than the current, they're missing the most complex component in the game (the field effects) and at least two generations of Pokemon depending on which older episode we're talking about. 

The basic plot, items and side missions have remained unchanged.

For this reason I would expect there to be no old versions available for download and I doubt anyone who started with older versions still have them. I started with 18 and promptly deleted it as soon as 18.2 loaded my save successfully.  

There is a much simpler reason that comes to mind immediately when someone says he's got "reasons" why he wants older episodes.

In previous episodes some rather strong Pokémon and TMs were available rather early in the game, which are now only obtainable very much later in the game, or in case of some TMs not available at all any more in Ep18.

Just one example: Ralts used to be available right after you beat Aya, free the children from the old Yureju building and escaped through the railnet. That is 5 badges into the game. Now it is only available after you return from Agate Circus, which is 13 badges into the game. The reason for this is because both Gardevoir and Gallade are so strong they could easily destroy most of the gyms up to this point by themselves.

Another example are the TMs for Ice Beam and Thunder Bolt. Both of these, and a few more, were available in earlier versions of the game, but are not obtainable at all in Ep18, unless you are cheating that is.

If you were to play older episodes up to the point where you obtained these strong Pokémon and TMs and then save your game, you could switch to the current version of the game and play as normal, but with Pokémon and TMs in your possession you are not supposed to have at your current progress in the game, or not supposed to have at all in terms of some TMs.

Fair enough. 

28 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

Just one example: Ralts used to be available right after you beat Aya, free the children from the old Yureju building and escaped through the railnet. That is 5 badges into the game. Now it is only available after you return from Agate Circus, which is 13 badges into the game. The reason for this is because both Gardevoir and Gallade are so strong they could easily destroy most of the gyms up to this point by themselves.

The earliest Raltz was ever available was in the house that is accessed after repeatedly paying a bum blocking the path until he moves. That's where Shofu got his. 

30 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

Another example are the TMs for Ice Beam and Thunder Bolt. Both of these, and a few more, were available in earlier versions of the game, but are not obtainable at all in Ep18, unless you are cheating that is.

Well fuck. Those are two TMs I'd love to have. 
In addition, watching I believe it was Dai Laughing made me a bit salty that Serra's TM changed. I would have much preferred Frost Breath to Aurora Veil. 

31 minutes ago, ShogokiX said:

If you were to play older episodes up to the point where you obtained these strong Pokémon and TMs and then save your game, you could switch to the current version of the game and play as normal, but with Pokémon and TMs in your possession you are not supposed to have at your current progress in the game, or not supposed to have at all in terms of some TMs.

Which is the reason I expect old versions of the game were not left available, to not to enable this. I would consider this cheating. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Devilish said:

The earliest Raltz was ever available was in the house that is accessed after repeatedly paying a bum blocking the path until he moves. That's where Shofu got his. 

That may very well be the case, there have been a lot of changes for, as you would agree, rather obvious reasons^^

1 hour ago, Devilish said:

Which is the reason I expect old versions of the game were not left available, to not to enable this. I would consider this cheating. 

That is exactly the reason.

• 2 months later...
On 5/10/2020 at 4:46 AM, ShogokiX said:

That may very well be the case, there have been a lot of changes for, as you would agree, rather obvious reasons^^

That is exactly the reason.

so did you find episode 12 or other older version?! I wanted it myself as well.

On 5/6/2020 at 4:18 PM, MonkeyDYanni said:

I'm not sure if this is the correct place...but...where can i find where to download old versions starting from ep14?

did you manage to find it?

If so, could you send me the link?
I would love to find it as well

I am interested in EP16.1 too!

The AI changes dumbened down gameplay a lot. Even from 18.2, which supposedly fixed AI, i still very much prefer the behavior of 16.1! And the teambuilds of enemies in it, thereoff.

I lost it, because at some point, i sent my laptop for maintenanace and the guy replaced hard drive and graphics card. Until the last version of the game is out, which is said to change everything from engine, to AI and other stuff, i would prefer the 16th episode environment by a mile. I cannot stand enemies almost never using recovery items, ralts and beldum pushback, pointless switching all the time and worst of all; enemies using weaker moves, when your health is orange (this destroys the game's difficulty/challenge and makes player wipe-outs almost impossible).

I believe there was a thread on this topic before with links and downloads.

I have Ep 15, 16, 17, 18 on my computer... If you want it let me know which and I'll share it with you tomorrow?

• Thanks 1