The villains of Rejuvenation and their motivations.

Magus543

So this is going to be more of a list of what each villain wants since there are so many characters and factions it may be difficult to keep track.

Team Xen: World Domination and power. Okay, pretty standard for bad guys, not sure why the regular grunts join up considering the X death curse. Wants to capture Melia for her powers despite it's leader having a time diamond and can travel through time, like she can't figure out world domination using that? 

Indriad: Wants to end the world. For some reason despite living in it. Retired for a bit because he had a family despite signs he didn't really like them much. Turns back to evil after not 5 minutes after his wife dies and was fooled by his Gardevoir. Presumably wants to use Arceus to achieve the Apocalypse. At one point, he became a DJ at Wispy Tower to experiment with mind control and the influence of Media. Not sure how becoming a shock jock achieves the Apocalypse.

Melanie: Wants to be a princess and then rebuild the world and repopulate Pokemon using a machine. Is now in Melia's head and suddenly developed a British accent.

Flora: Overthrow Cassandra, and take over GDC. Most likely doesn't have any economic or political plan if she did take over. Currently arrested or at large but this one is harder to get.

Surfer Duo: Unknown, but they like to ramble about fate and destiny. Perhaps conducting an experiment.

Crescent: Team Xen defeated.

Space and Tiempa: THE GREATER GOOD!!!!!! (Melia: Shut it!)

Giratina: Currently wandering around. Still strange that this game turned Pokemon Satan into an undead Queen. 

Angie: To preach the Cold Truth of Arceus. Doesn't realize that Arceus is not an ice type normally. Doesn't realize freezing the world will render it unlivable except for her. If she won she would probably be all alone. Like Indriad, she really needs to think about her plans better.

So did i miss anything?  

I don't agree with the Team Xen one tho'..
I have a feeling like there's something else, something more to them than just the stereotypical "World Domination, Yeaaah!" schlong.. Madame X is still a big mystery herself.. Not to mention what are the goal of the other important grunts, Madelis was provoked once by Cassandra about her best friend so maybe something related to that? Nastasia is a complete mystery too.. At first it felt like she was just obeying orders like everyone else but then she went completely rogue on the Zone Zero operation, we know Ren main objective is to be a mole but maybe Nastasia told him something he can't share(?) and it's the reason he still with them or maybe it's just because of the Xenpurgis but who knows (Other than Jan himself)

About Team Xen: 

(spoilers for WLL)

Spoiler

Are you sure the grunts aren't already dead, like Keta, and somehow rescued from that -- the (unasked) price being their soul? Explaining the death curse and Tommen vanishing? 

Also, I agree with @MhicKy in that their goal is probably more twisted than world domination (after all, with a time diamond, and freaky powers/armor and thousands of people willing to obey you or get slaughtered, how hard can that be?)

For Indriad: Nymeria calls him the embodiment of evil. Maybe he's not really living as such, or, really, why would the life of anyone be of concern? 

Melanie: what's the evidence for her wanting to rebuild the world? Seems more the type to toy with everyone, destroy them because that's what that game entails (v12 spoilers) 

Spoiler

like Alice before Aelita defeats her

and escape to another timeline at the verge of the final destruction. 

Crescent: I think it's too simplistic. She doesn't like the Xens but it doesn't mean they are her actual goal -- else why would she toy with Nim? Urge everyone to not stay involved? Remind that everything isn't black or white, nor does anything of significance revolve around the cast (expect, y'know, the MC, Aelita, Melia, Erin, and so on)?

Spacea & Tiempa: We don't really know their game, but I'm about sure it's nowhere near as simple. For all we know it's their efforts actually that drive Storm-9. 

I quite agree with you on Flora. 

Angie: I don't think she intends to destroy the world (until Melia drove her -- unwittingly, of course -- over the edge). I think she's fine with a merely arctic-cold world, if it means she's the unchallenged ruler and spiritual authority. 

(also who are you to know that Arceus wasn't originally carrying an Ice Plate?)

And you forgot a last villainous party -- 

Spoiler

Whoever is actually behind Robot-Amanda. 

And there's this "Celine" we keep hearing about -- in an Alamissa Urban diary iirc, and by Robot-Amanda herself. 

Yeah, the admins themselves have their own agendas, and i think Geara has his own ambitions with Indriad separate from team Xen. Still i think it's world domination of some kind, i guess Melia's power will give Madame X godhood to reshape the world like Cyrus wants.

As for Melanie, she states her goal to rebuild the earth in her image during her threat to the party at Blacksteeple when giving Melia the choice. That's why Kenneth and the other turn on us. 

Speaking of Flora, don't get me wrong, she's a terrible person and the more immediate threat but i still think Cassandra is the more loathsome individual, she has attempted genocide and political corruption on her resume, and Flora does have some good deeds on her resume as Sashila village will testify, but Flora is the one blowing up tracks and other shenanigans so yeah...

In reference to Angie:

Spoiler

There's a cutscene that plays out if you continue exploring the Tower of Theolia that shows Anju being fused with Indriad to form Angie. Perhaps her motives are related to Indriad's own plot, whatever it may be. 

I also found it quite odd that Indriad's cultist robes are in the style of Yveltal based upon the official art as opposed to something relating to Arceus when referring to this. We know Madame X currently has Yveltal in her possession so how does this relate to Xen? I suppose I could just be overthinking it and this could further reference how he wants to destroy the world but knowing Rejuv, it's probably important plot-wise.

You also forgot to mention Isha as well in terms of villains. Whose motivation is basically to preserve 

Spoiler

Isaiah's immortality

And maintain his success rate. Nothing really groundbreaking there. 

I've said it before, Madame X's Yveltal is ABSOLUTELY related to Indriad. We even have a diary under the secret lab about how the Yveltal is how "he" sees and whatever.

I'd say that Team Xen, Angie, Melanie, the Surfers, and possibly Crescent all tie back to Indriad somehow. 

3 minutes ago, ArcaneArceus said:

I've said it before, Madame X's Yveltal is ABSOLUTELY related to Indriad. We even have a diary under the secret lab about how the Yveltal is how "he" sees and whatever.

I'd say that Team Xen, Angie, Melanie, the Surfers, and possibly Crescent all tie back to Indriad somehow. 

I certainly buy it, the Yveltal and Indriad though i wonder what Geara's place in all of this is? He is the one Xen member that we know met Indriad. Could it be that he's secretly keeping tabs on Team Xen and Madam X so they are pawns for Indriad?

Just now, Magus543 said:

I certainly buy it, though i wonder what Geara's place in all of this is? He is the one Xen member that we know met Indriad. Could it be that he's secretly keeping tabs on Team Xen and Madam X so they are pawns for Indriad?

I mean, it would make sense, he is Indriad's adopted son after all. Although that's a weird relationship to begin with because he doesn't seem to hate Indriad while he loathes Narcissa for not being related to him. As it was mentioned in the status thread, he's also the one to kill the player so there's the chance that due to this relationship with Indriad, he knows more than he lets on about certain aspects.

That brings up something else though. If Madame X is portrayed as an All-knowing dictator, how doesn't she realize that Ren and in this case, Geara, are moles. Does she not view them as threats or is she intended to be investigated. Another random note on this regard is that both Geara and Madame X have red eyes and Madame X mentions failing her father. Maybe there could be relation there as well.

1 minute ago, Michael_ said:

I mean, it would make sense, he is Indriad's adopted son after all. Although that's a weird relationship to begin with because he doesn't seem to hate Indriad while he loathes Narcissa for not being related to him. As it was mentioned in the status thread, he's also the one to kill the player so there's the chance that due to this relationship with Indriad, he knows more than he lets on about certain aspects.

That brings up something else though. If Madame X is portrayed as an All-knowing dictator, how doesn't she realize that Ren and in this case, Geara, are moles. Does she not view them as threats or is she intended to be investigated. Another random note on this regard is that both Geara and Madame X have red eyes and Madame X mentions failing her father. Maybe there could be relation there as well.

If you ask me, i think Madame X genuinely wasn't paying attention to Ren's actions like she was occupied with the Pyramid, OR she knows Ren is a mole but is playing him like a fiddle since he is the shadow of betrayal or something. 

One thing that intrigues me is that despite being such a shit, Geara's condition does actually get some concern from the others like Madam X and Nastasia, like the former brings it as a point against Madelis and the latter seems intent on repairing him. 

Or Madame X, and by extension Team Xen, could be secretly against Indriad. That journal that I mentioned also talks about stopping Yveltal from destroying everything.

Also based on the journal, I'm growing more and more convinced that Yveltal was what destroyed Hiyoshi City. 

1. Indriad summons/unleashes Yveltal in past Aevium.

2. Yveltal causes widespread destruction.

3. Yveltal is killed. (There are bombs in Zone Zero, those could have been used)

4. Yveltal sucks in the life force from Hiyoshi, turning it into Zone Zero.

But moving away from Geara, seeing as this thread is about villains, do you guys think that Neved is gonna get more screentime in this upcoming version, seeing as its implied we're returning to Neverwinter? He's kinda disappeared from the plot since the escape from Blacksteeple. He makes his motivations abundantly clear so I'm curious if the consequences of his complete failure in the prison, and to see if he was reprimanded for the uprising.

4 minutes ago, ArcaneArceus said:

Or Madame X, and by extension Team Xen, could be secretly against Indriad. That journal that I mentioned also talks about stopping Yveltal from destroying everything.

Also based on the journal, I'm growing more and more convinced that Yveltal was what destroyed Hiyoshi City. 

1. Indriad summons/unleashes Yveltal in past Aevium.

2. Yveltal causes widespread destruction.

3. Yveltal is killed. (There are bombs in Zone Zero, those could have been used)

4. Yveltal sucks in the life force from Hiyoshi, turning it into Zone Zero.

There could definitely be something similar to the ultimate weapon existing somewhere in Aevium as well. Hidden underground and the likes.

4 minutes ago, Michael_ said:

There could definitely be something similar to the ultimate weapon existing somewhere in Aevium as well. Hidden underground and the likes.

I did muse that Yveltal was responsible for Zone Zero, the only problem is that Lorna states the statues are still alive and she feels their energy. So it can't be Yveltal, or perhaps Vivian's ritual protected them from dying. 

2 minutes ago, Magus543 said:

I did muse that Yveltal was responsible for Zone Zero, the only problem is that Lorna states the statues are still alive and she feels their energy. So it can't be Yveltal, or perhaps Vivian's ritual protected them from dying. 

I mean, there's always just the chance that their life energy isn't necessarily sucked out completely. That's why they become stones - they're thrown into a stasis.

13 minutes ago, Michael_ said:

I mean, there's always just the chance that their life energy isn't necessarily sucked out completely. That's why they become stones - they're thrown into a stasis.

Yveltal is like the death pokemon though, it would be silly that his beams don't actually kill and just turn them to stone that are still alive.

RIGHT? 

Hmmm, now that i think about it, Yveltal could be the cause of the Bad future.

Yveltal is honestly one of the weirdest pokemon to have a story role. It's associated with Indriad, or at least Indriad is associated with it, but it's in the hands of Madame X and Melanie, the former seems to be actively opposing Indriad and the second probably doesn't even know of his existence.

@Michael_
I believe Angie "fusing" with Indriad is actually Indriad managing to corrupt / brainwash her
Remember when we went face the 3rd Gym by teleporting into Indriad's Mansion? There's a secret room there where you can see a distressed Anju in the verge of a mental breakdown, hopeless and scared, it seems Indriad managed to capture her and over the years asserted influence over her and either corrupted her OR brainwashed her.

Yveltal role in the story isn't that weird tbh..
If you played X/Y (I did, was my last mainstream pokemon game in fact, after that I kinda gave up due to financial reasons), Yveltal main motivation is just destruction, nothing more, it's a selfish pokemon that drains the life force of other and the earth itself and when it dies it turn in a near indestructible cocoon that still steals the life force of anything around it in order to rebirth itself so it makes MASSIVE SENSE that Yveltal is related to Indriad and even Melanie.
What is curious however is not why Yveltal is with Madame X but HOW, during the prison arc Madame X wipes the floor with us using that Yveltal but, if you use dive in the destroyed laboratory in the swamp area you can see that there's still a cocoon there so did Madame X managed to, somehow, clone Yveltal?! It can't be Xerneas.. When Xerneas dies it turns into a tree, not a cocoon.. They managed to create more Silvallys so this isn't far off

Edited by MhicKy

Well, I suppose its role isn't the weird part, but rather the people owning it. All it's owners so far have had conflicting goals, and honestly I really wonder how Yveltal went from being with Indriad, to Madame X, to being cloned. Though really part of all of this is that we're kinda extrapolating Indriad's design into his ownership of Yveltal. Anyway, I would say something about creating more Silvallys, but that's right since we can get one. 

47 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

@Michael_
I believe Angie "fusing" with Indriad is actually Indriad managing to corrupt / brainwash her
Remember when we went face the 3rd Gym by teleporting into Indriad's Mansion? There's a secret room there where you can see a distressed Anju in the verge of a mental breakdown, hopeless and scared, it seems Indriad managed to capture her and over the years asserted influence over her and either corrupted her OR brainwashed her.

If you played X/Y (I did, was my last mainstream pokemon game in fact, after that I kinda gave up due to financial reasons), Yveltal main motivation is just destruction, nothing more, it's a selfish pokemon that drains the life force of other and the earth itself and when it dies it turn in a near indestructible cocoon that still steals the life force of anything around it in order to rebirth itself so it makes MASSIVE SENSE that Yveltal is related to Indriad and even Melanie.
What is curious however is not why Yveltal is with Madame X but HOW, during the prison arc Madame X wipes the floor with us using that Yveltal but, if you use dive in the destroyed laboratory in the swamp area you can see that there's still a cocoon there so did Madame X managed to, somehow, clone Yveltal?! It can't be Xerneas.. When Xerneas dies it turns into a tree, not a cocoon.. They managed to create more Silvallys so this isn't far off

Yveltal isn't just about destruction though, he did turn against Lysandre and helped us foil his plans. He could have easily sided with Lysandre and taken the lives of all those who died from the Ultimate weapon but didn't. My guess is that Yveltal only takes life when it's time is up and is disgusted by causing more death than necessary, sort of like Beerus from Dragon Ball Super.

So my guess is that Yveltal is being forced to work for the villains and actually wants out, Insurgence also had similar themes. 

1 hour ago, Magus543 said:

Yveltal isn't just about destruction though, he did turn against Lysandre and helped us foil his plans. He could have easily sided with Lysandre and taken the lives of all those who died from the Ultimate weapon but didn't. My guess is that Yveltal only takes life when it's time is up and is disgusted by causing more death than necessary, sort of like Beerus from Dragon Ball Super.

So my guess is that Yveltal is being forced to work for the villains and actually wants out, Insurgence also had similar themes. 

It's an interesting theory but, again, Yveltal's own nature is destruction so tho' I can agree he is being forced since he's a pokemon and has to obey his master I really doubt he cares about the destruction he's causing, it's his purpose, his nature, Xerneas is his counterpart for a reason, Xerneas is all about creating, rebirthing and maintaining life, Yveltal is about destroying, draining and purging, it's literally a Yin Yang thing, if he was somewhat intelligent like MewTwo maybe I would had consider that point of view but, as it's stands, no..

Giratina however IS interesting because have you ever heard of the Church of Satanism? For many there worshiping Satan is an act of defiance against god, why? Because if god is all knowing and has absolute control why then did he made humans so flawed? Why does he let children get raped and murder? If he knows our fate and is the reason of our creation why does he create some humans just to suffer a miserable life? For many satanists it's about siding with a force that went against that principal and one day get "true freedom" so if we consider Giratina in this way and also take notes that Giratina has been imprisoned many times (By Arceus, Indriad and even "that doctor") we can basically deduct that Giratina's main goal is just simply freedom and even tho' it is a pokemon related to Satan himself it isn't entirely evil, just defiant of rules, afteral Giratina did ran away on Gaera and even on "that doctor the name escapes me" (pun intended), it is implied that the only reason why Giratina even helped Gaera is just to repay being freed.

PS: I am not trying to stir any religious controversia here, I am just putting these beliefs that these people hold into a theory, I am not a satanist nor do I hate christians or any religion.

But OFC, we can always be 101% WRONG and Giratina is actually evil and Yveltal isn't, who knows? Only Jan does and he ain't talking!

Edited by MhicKy

11 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

It's an interesting theory but, again, Yveltal's own nature is destruction so tho' I can agree he is being forced since he's a pokemon and has to obey his master I really doubt he cares about the destruction he's causing, it's his purpose, his nature, Xerneas is his counterpart for a reason, Xerneas is all about creating, rebirthing and maintaining life, Yveltal is about destroying, draining and purging, it's literally a Yin Yang thing, if he was somewhat intelligent like MewTwo maybe I would had consider that point of view but, as it's stands, no..

Giratina however IS interesting because have you ever heard of the Church of Satanism? For many there worshiping Satan is an act of defiance against god, why? Because if god is all knowing and has absolute control why then did he made humans so flawed? Why does he let children get raped and murder? If he knows our fate and is the reason of our creation why does he create some humans just to suffer a miserable life? For many satanists it's about siding with a force that went against that principal and one day get "true freedom" so if we consider Giratina in this way and also take notes that Giratina has been imprisoned many times we can basically deduct that Giratina's main goal is just simply freedom and even tho' it is a pokemon related to Satan himself it isn't entirely evil, just defiant of rules.

PS: I am not trying to stir any religious controversia here, I am just putting these beliefs that these people hold into a theory, I am not a satanist nor do I hate christians or any religion.

But OFC, we can always be 101% WRONG and Giratina is actually evil and Yveltal isn't, who knows? Only Jan does and he ain't talking!

Yeah no worries, i get what you are trying to discuss, the whole Satan is good trope. In canon, Giratina did save the universe by foiling Cyrus's plan but ended up being a threat due to the dangers of antimatter and matter reacting to each other not out of outright malicious intent. Though in rejuv canon Giratina and the Sinnoh duo are like undead royalty, though perhaps they are merely mimicking the real Sinnoh Trio who are still around. Like Jan at one point in the AMA did mention this game is in canon with the other games, like that line in the bad future where Mosely talks about 10 year olds fighting evil teams does support this.

I'm sure all legendaries are sentient since they are embodiment of something thus they would need to be. I see Yveltal as being similar to Death from Discworld, in that he's actually quite friendly and polite but has to do a job that no one really likes but is necessary for the cycle of life to continue. Or even Hades, a fellow deity of death. I do believe if Yveltal could break free of Madam X or Indriad he would happily, and punish them for causing more death than necessary.  

You know, i went to a Church of Satan gathering once, i got kicked out for petting the goat sacrifice. XD.

1 hour ago, Magus543 said:

You know, i went to a Church of Satan gathering once, i got kicked out for petting the goat sacrifice. XD.

You joking, ryt?
Do they really sacrifice goats? I thought that was a stereotype..

Well we'll see it when V18 comes around but I will re-do my save in Intense Difficulty this time so I can fully experience the Gen8 changes

2 minutes ago, MhicKy said:

You joking, ryt?
Do they really sacrifice goats? I thought that was a stereotype..

Well we'll see it when V18 comes around but I will re-do my save in Intense Difficulty this time so I can fully experience the Gen8 changes

Yeah i am. OR AM I?!!!!!!

Hahahah. But seriously, they do some creepy shit there. 

As for gaming, i've been playing since the tail end of V10 so i was pleasantly surprised at the QOL and story changes, like originally Kenneth did not back you up fighting Madelis and you had to fight Mewtwo by yourself.

Wasn't the fight JUST against Mewtwo though back then? So at least it wasn't a 6v6. Anyway, Giratina in this game is honestly a good character, considering the whole Griselda stuff. Bet she never thought she'd ever fight with a Braixen against two scientists in the basement of a hospital.

11 hours ago, MhicKy said:

IWhat is curious however is not why Yveltal is with Madame X but HOW, during the prison arc Madame X wipes the floor with us using that Yveltal but, if you use dive in the destroyed laboratory in the swamp area you can see that there's still a cocoon there so did Madame X managed to, somehow, clone Yveltal?!

Or perhaps, given that the Yveltal's Decimations did not turn Aelita and us into dust (and razed half the castle with it), perhaps it wasn't Yveltal actually. Perhaps it was just a powerful move from a powerful Pokemon, maskerading as an Yveltal... We know that Madame X allies with rather competent illusion-makers, after all.

Now, why the bother?

1) Shock value -- you're much more terrifying if you ride such a beast of death

2) Perhaps she also needs to fool someone else as to her real move (maybe Indriad).

4 minutes ago, Mindlack said:

Or perhaps, given that the Yveltal's Decimations did not turn Aelita and us into dust (and razed half the castle with it), perhaps it wasn't Yveltal actually. Perhaps it was just a powerful move from a powerful Pokemon, maskerading as an Yveltal... We know that Madame X allies with rather competent illusion-makers, after all.

Now, why the bother?

1) Shock value -- you're much more terrifying if you ride such a beast of death

2) Perhaps she also needs to fool someone else as to her real move (maybe Indriad).

What's even more curious is that Madam X DOESN"T use her Yveltal in the bad future, like the Pokemon we use are still safe from the time distortion so it stands to reason hers should be as well.