Erick help needed

Flo97

Good evening fellow pokemon enthusiasts,

Β 

as you've read already I'm stuck at Erick. I've attempted the fight about 20 times and iv breed/ev trained threeΒ pokemon to beat him. Still can't pull it off.Β 

The Pokemon I've got on Lvl 60 are the following:Β 

Charizard, Blaze: Wing Attack, Magma Drift, Flamethrower, Fire Fang

Ludicolo, Own Tempo: Giga Drain, Surf, Nature Power, Rock Climb

Pancha, Scrappy: Stacking Shot, Crunch, Sky Uppercut, Bullet Punch

Lycanroc, Tough Claws: Thrash, Stealth Rocks, Stone Edge, Rock Slide

Crobat, Infiltrator: Confuse Ray, Poison Fang, Brave Bird, Leech Life

Silvally, RKS System: Aerial Ace, Crunch, Multi-Attack, X-Scissor

Sylveon, Cute Charm: Misty Terrain, Light Screen, Moonblast, Draining Kiss

Zoroark, Illusion: Foul Play, Agility, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot

Chandelure, Infiltrator: Confuse Ray, Shadow Ball, Will-O-Wisp, Flame Burst

Β 

Other than the first three all of them were iv bred and ev trained.Β 

I think I have most of the event pokemon so far so feel free to suggest other pokemon. Playing on medium by the way. Help would be greatly appreciated.:)

Ground types are really good against Erick. Try to get a Gastrodon (heh), you can catch it in the Sheridan Wetlands at decently high level, and it comes with Earth Power. Nidoking is also pretty good, since it can learn Earth Power at level 43. You should try to set up Sylveon's Misty Terrain as soon as possible, so you can come in and sweep him with your ground mons

Edited by Gastronely

Ohhhhh i remember this guy he was suuuper easy (heres why) first i used my alolan ninetails blizzard on the field to change it to an icy cave and then used my brelooms (in your case pangoros) sky uppercut to change the field into a mountain and then i watched as my lycanroc swept with rock slide 😁

Β 

(This maybe easier or harder to do than the one above idk?)

also keep in mind this was on intense mode

Mhh, it definitely sounds like less work and more satisfying since I can just soft reset until I get an alolan vulpix with good ivs. I'll try this one first, thanks for the suggestion. If it doesn't work I'll get back to the original plan. Thanks to both of you.

1 hour ago, Gengar768 said:

Ohhhhh i remember this guy he was suuuper easy (heres why) first i used my alolan ninetails blizzard on the field to change it to an icy cave and then used my brelooms (in your case pangoros) sky uppercut to change the field into a mountain and then i watched as my lycanroc swept with rock slide 😁

Β 

Wow. That's brilliant. Way less complicated than my strategy

Erick fights on a water surface field, right? Either that or a murky surface. So I think all ground moves are nullified to begin with, even like mud-slap and such.Β 

Β 

Yeah, best bet is probably to freeze the field over with blizzard first, then a second field-changing move so you can freely EQ spam. If you caught the shadow vanillite way back when, it gets blizzard by levelup. Also, give Cheri berries to as many team members as possible since Thunderpulse seems to have a 100% paralysis rate.Β 

4 hours ago, Gengar768 said:

Β 

Changing the fields to something for your advantage usually ALWAYS make gym leaders easy, you just gotta be creative, I also did the same thing so highfive brother

• Thanks 1

I remember sweeping Erick with Vanililuxe and Swanna, so atΒ first turn i bring pkmn that can OHK hisΒ magnezone in (i think i used Heracross) and a quick claw Swanna to set up tailwind, after i manage to land tailwind, close combat the magnezone and get my heracross killed by his raichu, then i set up my snow warning vanililuxe and just blizzard all of his team to death, i remember i cant take out his raichu butΒ vanililuxe great sp def manage to tank 1 hit so yeah consider usingΒ vanililuxeΒ 

So as an update: After about 15 tries I've done it finally. Since alolan vulnona isn't available due to no ice stone being available I used froslass. Long story short I transformed the field as mentioned and used froslass/lycanroc to sweep most of his pokemon. Thank you to everybody, who gave advice and special shoutout to Gengar768 for the awesome idea.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Flo97 said:

So as an update: After about 15 tries I've done it finally. Since alolan vulnona isn't available due to no ice stone being available I used froslass. Long story short I transformed the field as mentioned and used froslass/lycanroc to sweep most of his pokemon. Thank you to everybody, who gave advice and special shoutout to Gengar768 for the awesome idea.

Alola Vulnona? What?

oh damn sorry bro i used the mod that adds the rest of the stones and fossils so much i thought it was like part of the game or something. I assmused jan would have added it in kristilline or Evergreen or someplace coldπŸ˜‚

Β 

still im glad you beat the gym and im glad i could helpπŸ˜„