How does Typhlosion Crest works?

MhicKy

It says it's scales Atk with Sp.Atk but I wanna know how it works between these two theories I have:

1. It makes base Atk goes all the way up from 84 to 109 so both Atk and Sp.Atk are now 109
2. It makes Atk become the same value as Sp.Atk. Let's say my Typlhosion has 300 Sp.Atk having 31 IV and 252 EV in it so Atk ALSO becomes 300 even if the original IV and EV are 0.

I am wishing for number 2 but I am not really sure..

so basically like this

if your mon have 100 ATK and 200 SP.ATK, after using the crest, in battle their ATK will be the same as SP.ATK: 200

it won't calc the atk IV and EV, it will only calc the sp.atk EV and IV. which if maxed the SP.ATK, ya get a mixed atker

I also think it don't calc the Nature as well... they made too OP didn't they?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, redcellbestcell said:

so basically like this

if your mon have 100 ATK and 200 SP.ATK, after using the crest, in battle their ATK will be the same as SP.ATK: 200

it won't calc the atk IV and EV, it will only calc the sp.atk EV and IV. which if maxed the SP.ATK, ya get a mixed atker

I also think it don't calc the Nature as well... they made too OP didn't they?

I wouldn't say OP since Typhlosion isn't exactly a very powerful Pokemon, being monotype and all but thanks for answering my question!
These Crest really make some outcast pokemons shine, I say the Zangoose one is OP, a Crest that makes him Poison AND the poison actually heals? OOf..
Again, thanks!

It's just as @redcellbestcell said. But there's also the second effect that gives Typhlosion a pseudo Parental Bond for physical contact moves and deals additional damage (around 10-20%).

It's not really OP, since it just makes Typhlosion more versatile, which is really helpful. Compare this to the Claydol crest: It uses the Defense stat for Sp.Attacks, so you can raise the Defense and make it bulky while automatically making it hit harder as well. If you use Cosmic Power to raise both Defense stats, it will also function as increasing the Sp.Att, so now 3 stats are increased, like with Quiver Dance. Additionally, beam attacks get a 50% boost, and any kind of charging/recovery turn (Solar Beam, Hyperbeam) is removed. Now this is a OP crest.

1 hour ago, Edo said:

It's just as @redcellbestcell said. But there's also the second effect that gives Typhlosion a pseudo Parental Bond for physical contact moves and deals additional damage (around 10-20%).

It's not really OP, since it just makes Typhlosion more versatile, which is really helpful. Compare this to the Claydol crest: It uses the Defense stat for Sp.Attacks, so you can raise the Defense and make it bulky while automatically making it hit harder as well. If you use Cosmic Power to raise both Defense stats, it will also function as increasing the Sp.Att, so now 3 stats are increased, like with Quiver Dance. Additionally, beam attacks get a 50% boost, and any kind of charging/recovery turn (Solar Beam, Hyperbeam) is removed. Now this is a OP crest.

Yeah was also powdering about that as well
@redcellbestcell clarification to my question made me start considering the Claydoll as well

• 3 years later...
On 4/9/2020 at 2:38 PM, Edo said:

No it doesnt do that tho https://rejuvenation.fandom.com/wiki/Claydol_Crest

Honestly the Typhlosion Crest, minus the Parental Bond part of it, is more or less course correcting what has always been a problem with Typhlosion: It's oddly high physical based moveset despite the high special attack it has.

Granted the reason for this is because fire types were special moves back in the day, even if they did have a physical element to them. But that worked in the older gen games. It doesn't work now, where we have the physical/special split and Typhlosion's moves didn't 100% get updated to match.

Even the Hisuian variant, having an even higher special attack (not by much, 119 for Hisuian and 109 for regular) still gets a good chunk of physical moves until late level where it gets flamethrower and overheat. You mostly need TMs in order to make Typhlosion viable with its moveset.

On 4/8/2020 at 10:07 PM, MhicKy said:

I wouldn't say OP since Typhlosion isn't exactly a very powerful Pokemon, being monotype and all but thanks for answering my question!
These Crest really make some outcast pokemons shine, I say the Zangoose one is OP, a Crest that makes him Poison AND the poison actually heals? OOf..
Again, thanks!

The Zangoose one isn't really that OP when you think about it. For the most part it has really middling stats, and if you do run it, chances are that you'll slap a toxic orb onto it anyway to get full advantage of Toxic Boost. The difference is that the crest gives it Poison Heal so that it can heal chip damage instead of lowering it. Gives it a chance to shine at least but other than that you would need to dedicate time into Zangoose.