Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Can the player mega evolve pokemon on ep 18?

SCMC

Question

Im starting the game soon but i want know if i can mega evolve my pokemon, because i will have that in mind while making my team. Also, which mega stones are available as of now?

Edited by SCMC
spelling

7 answers to this question

You can but it's extremely late game. 

If I recall, Charizardite X, Gardevoirite, Manectite, Garchompite, Galladite, Mawilite, Kanghaskahanite, Mechamite, Aggronite, Altarianite, Beedrillite, Sabelite are all that's in the game currently. 

9 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

If I recall, Charizardite X, Gardevoirite, Manectite, Garchompite, Galladite, Mawilite, Kanghaskahanite, Mechamite, Aggronite, Altarianite, Beedrillite, Sabelite are all that's in the game currently. 

Didn't look through all others that are also avaiable but I do know Ampharosite is avaiable too

Don't focus on putting something mega-evolvable on the team, just keep it in mind as an option, because the Mega ring is available shortly before the end of the game so you will hardly even use it. But this game is very, very long so just build your team however you want or with whatever you need until you get it.

I wouldn't care too much about Mega Evolution. Mega Evolution should more of a bonus than an actual requirement. Pokémon like Garchomp, Tyranitar, Salamence, Gallade, Gardevoir, etc. are consistently useful without their Megas, compared to something like Beedrill, which is complete trash without it. You only unlock the ability to Mega Evolve around 14+ badges in, which means that your preferred Mega isn't even a variable for a large portion of the run; additionally, most of the mons that are actually good without their Megas, like Psuedos, are also locked to pretty late in the game. 

13 hours ago, Vinnie said:

There's also Sceptilite, Pidgeotite, Houndoomite, Glalitite and Steelixite of the top of my head.