Pokemon Sword And Shield Fun Times!

J-Awesome_One

Before I say anything, if I have posted this in the wrong section, put it in the right 1 please!~

SO! I have realized that even though I do not have the game nor a switch, I had to look on Serebii to see the new Pokemon dex entries, movesets, stats, etc. etc. So I thought I'd make a thread here and have anyone that's playing to tell everyone how they're enjoying the game, what Pokemon they're using or whatever. But please, for the next month (I'm pretty sure that's how long Ame said) please use the spoiler tag so as to not spoiler anything for the people that don't have the game yet but plan on getting them in the near future.

A Pokemon that seems to have caught my attention.

Spoiler

I'm not sure how but I may, MAY have a new favorite. Depending on when I get the games and use it but when I saw this Pokemon on Serebii, my mind almost went to "Omg. This maybe my new favorite." What Pokemon made you do that J-Awesome_One? It's name is Silicobra. Idk why but it made me really like it. It's a definitely gonna be going on my team when the time comes. Which means as of right now making this, I know 3 Pokemon that are for sure on the team. Grookey, G.F. Weezing and now this awesome cobra. What is wrong with me? xD I HATE snakes in real life but they seem to be my favorite thing when it comes to Pokemon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maqqy said:

I’M FINALLY STARTING BOIS I’M GOING OUTSIDE NOW AAHHH

Reveal hidden contents

E448-C29-A-797-A-4903-B33-B-7-F9-F3473-F 

I’m so giddy right now 😅

Seeing people so excited for this game makes me so psyched and even happier to play this game on Christmas. And I plan on doing a shiny hunt for 1 certain Pokemon.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Seeing people so excited for this game makes me so psyched and even happier to play this game on Christmas. And I plan on doing a shiny hunt for 1 certain Pokemon.

Maybe I’ll try shiny hunting too! Good idea J!

Let me tell you, the way they introduced the starters was such a joy to watch 😊

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Maqqy said:

Maybe I’ll try shiny hunting too! Good idea J!

Let me tell you, the way they introduced the starters was such a joy to watch 😊

Which 1 did you choose? 😮 I'm picking Grookey. I know 3 definite Pokemon I'm gonna be using in the game, including my starter.

3 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Which 1 did you choose? 😮 I'm picking Grookey. I know 3 definite Pokemon I'm gonna be using in the game, including my starter.

I chose Sobble! Aka my child. It was REAL hard not picking the other two especially in game 😫

I already have an idea for my teams on both versions. I’ll give an update here once I can! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maqqy said:

I chose Sobble! Aka my child. It was REAL hard not picking the other two especially in game 😫

I already have an idea for my teams on both versions. I’ll give an update here once I can! 

Sweet! I can't wait to see! So far, everyone seems to have picked the ones that I thought a lot would use for their team. Mine is most definitely going to be different.

I've played up to the entryway for Motostoke City (haven't actually entered the town yet), but I've been enjoying myself so far. The Max Raid Battles are actually pretty entertaining even with the crummy NPC allies (my friend doesn't have Nintendo Online, R.I.P.), but I'm not sure how well they'll hold up in higher star ratings. But even at just 1 star, these things can really feel like proper boss fights:

Spoiler

>Unlike when you Dynamax your pokemon, they have access to both their normal moveset and the respective Max Move versions (the ralts I struggled with packed Psybeam, Draining Kiss, Disarming Voice, Hypnosis, Max-Starfall (100 BP), Max-Starfall (90 BP), Max Guard (I've yet to see a Raid actually use this one, BTW), and Max-Mindstorm (120 BP))

>The Raids can occasionally attack twice in a single round (it seems to be a combination of a Max-Move and a normal one when it happens, though)

>In addition to their attack options, the Raid can use a turn to reset the stat changes of all pokemon on the field, ala Haze (I had really hoped the Defense drops would stick on the duskull Raid, but alas, it had other plans)

>All the Raids I've dons so far have had the same lose conditions: either have the battle take 10 rounds, or lose a total of 4 pokemon over the course of the fight (whenever a pokemon is downed, they respawn two rounds later, meaning the same magikarp could potentially represent all 4 deaths)

>While they're HP may be inflated even by Dynamax standards, their other stats still hold true (the ralts I mentioned OHKOed my Dynamaxed grookey with Max-Mindstorm before I got the chance to do anything, apparently due to being 9 levels higher than me; the AI trainer with the dhelmise hard carried me for that one 😅)

They're some tough cookies, but seeing as they all drop some nice rewards on defeat (even if you fail to catch them), it's definitely worth the effort. I wouldn't have guessed that I'd have the ability to teach things attacks like Drill Run and Psychic to my pokemon well before the first Gym, yet here I am~!

Oh, and whoever decided to give rookidee access to both Power Trip and Power Trip naturally by the time it even gets to Lv. 8 should probably rethink their sense of balance. The thing just deleted Hop 2 from existence!

• Like 1

Currently I played Sword till right after the 5th gym and I must say that I kinda love this game so far, after X&Y/US&UM (both didn't catch me story- and gameplaywise) I thought this wouldn't happen anymore, but I really like how they managed the gyms, the max raid battles can be really though without proper preparations, the characters are interesting and I found some cuties among the new pokegang. I also like that the Lvls of the opponent pokis shift between 3rd and 4th gym (maybe I was just underleveled xD)

so you have a reason to train in the Wild Area. I am happy that I bought this game and I hope I will enjoy the rest of it like the part so far 😊

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Took me a while, but I did it!

I finally finished Pokemon Sword.

Spoiler

ELSs5-Ca-Uc-AAK-T7    ELSs5-Ck-UEAAGSky

Here is my congratulatory moment! Just had to snag a picture is all 😉

Now that I've finished the game, I feel like I can now summarize the experience I had with this new gen. 

There's a lot to be said, but I'll just keep it short. Hopefully

Before that! Here is the TEAM!

ELSs5-B6-UEAAk-VVZ

#TheGoats

The angle is a little bit too far but it's my best pic of all of us! I'm proud and love every one of them.

You should see these brats in Pokemon Camp...

Anyway, I would also like to share my league card! These cards are so fun to do and the amount of customization on it is dazzling. Literally.

Here's mine!

ELSs5-Cf-UYAAMU-i

Hopefully my character is as stylish as it can be! I tried my best lol. Personally, I look cute imo 😁

Now that everything is settled, my personal thoughts of the sword and shield:

It was fun.

I would be lying if I said it was not. Especially the gym battles! The gym battles are truly the shining aspect of the whole game in terms of story line. The whole feel together with the magnificent gym theme! It was in a whole another level.

Pokemon camp is also one of the best additions to the game. You can literally spend an hour just playing with your mons and seeing their interactions with each other. Heck, I enjoyed cooking curry in this game than in real life.

The Wild Area is SO FUN. When they were revealed in the trailer, I didn't give af about raid battles and I was so wrong lol. It's so much fun especially when you play with friends.

One thing I appreciate in this game as well is that to be honest, they didn't make it THAT easy. I actually struggled with some of the leaders. I don't know if it was just me but they delivered in a way. 

Leon was no Cynthia but a step up from Diantha atleast lol. He's like Alder.

I also love how every character is memorable and not just there as a hurdle to win the league. ALL OF THEM are charismatic and has that certain charm. GF did a good job with them.

THIS might be a very unpopular opinion but.... I actually like D-max and G-max. By playing this game, I can see what there were going for this. It's actually a cool mechanic now that I kinda understand what it's meant for. Especially in competitive.

Also, all the galar mons are all A+++ tier. They SUCCEEDED! I love every one of them.

Although there are exceptions.... like the rest of Rolycoly's evo. Seriously? Pure waste of a concept imo.

And Stonejourner? Umm. 

Yamper's evo too. I was really expecting a chubby boi. The evo just looked like a failed Manectric.

Standout mons are!! Dragapult, Cursola, Hatterene, Appletun, Perserkerr, 

Now, the good stuff is over.

The game is fun, but it is SO lacking sigh. I'm sorry.

The biggest disappointment was the most important to me in every gen, the story. It really hurts to say that, considering they have been doing a really good job in terms of storytelling.

But USUM dropped and it seemed to have continued the trend...

GF had a concept going on with the game and the premise really had a lot of potential. Here's the proper description for it:

Rushed plot.

As I played through the game, I really had a blast experiencing these new and exciting things you see when you go from town to town. 

But you really just can't ignore the mishaps. Cutting corners was still apparent, you can see how much content was stripped to make up for like, everything else.

There were so much parts that felt and I'm sorry to say this but... lazy.

It just bums me out because at the cost of cutting the dex and now that I've played the game myself, GF just didn't make up for that.

I still have post game to do and of course I know that SwSh still has more to offer other than the story, but still. 

Maybe Reborn, Rejuvenation, Desolation etc. had set my standards pretty high, but it's 2019. Why should we NOT expect a BOTW Pokemon? Is it really that impossible?

It was clear that they decided to not focus on the story for this one but the other stuff like balancing competitive and the wild area. 

Pokemon, stop releasing a game every year. You clearly don't have the time. Nobody asked seriously.

Anyway that was my two cents and thank you for hanging around my ted talk.

Post game stuff is left and I have Shield to play as well.

I also snagged that PS4 bundle from black friday so I am STACKED with games and I'm losing my mind omg.

Can the word "work" not just exist for the time being.

How are you guys doing with the game? Is it a good idea to shiny hunt? From what I'm seeing, it sounds like = torture lmao 😂

• 3 weeks later...