Alistair

4 minutes ago, Newt said:

I hope thats irony because thats obvious af

For all they know I could have already given it out

listen, if the mafia are like me they wouldn’t have thought of that

but from the players left and seeing fali and bok in previous games if either were mafia true they would have figured it out

Night Four

What little remained of Bilbok's tea in the cups had long gone cold. It was late at night, this peculiar time when stories are more frightening and storytellers find themselves in front of a more impressionable audience.

Gandiet exploited that fully, mimicking with forceful gestures the circumstances of past deaths. Bazaro, the puppeteer, crushed when his dolls rebelled against him. Lykos, the healer, villain despite his good intentions and honorable trade. Kiet, the unfortunate, forced to expose himself and execute an innocent, only to be later murdered. They were not the first to perish, nor were they the last.

Bilbok collected the empty cups and carried them back to the kitchen on the same large tray as before, a bittersweet smile on his lips. Even the best stories must have an end. Without a doubt, this one's was growing ever closer.

The fourth day of the hunt was relatively calm. Not so many citizens were left alive; less than half of the original crowd, in fact. Sunnyvale was, by contrast with its glorious days, almost as silent as a crypt. Still, a few brash voices echoed in the tunnels. Reassured by the defeat of two of their foes, the villagers clinged to this ray of hope. They believed they had the chance to turn the tables on the adventurers, once and for all.

However, old habits die hard. Even the bad ones.

Once again, the villagers were deceived into cornering a perfect scapegoat. Amber was one of those who did not talk much, those who are easy to blame. Maybe he did not approve of his conflict. Maybe he did not understand its implications, or simply did not care. Regardless of what the truth may have been, he was still caught in it, tried, found guilty, and killed.

He met his demise in a barely more ceremonious way than poor Drago did, beaten and forced to kneel in front of a block of wood. When someone's old woodcutting axe was about to put an end to his days, he did not beg or cry. His light was merely snuffed out, like many others before it. Of course, it did not take long for the executioners to realize their mistake.

Let it be known that down here in Sunnyvale's mines, being innocent is not enough to keep you safe from your own friends.

Amber was lynched. He was the Town Ranger.

Spoiler

The Ranger

This outlander is an expert at hunting down prey through the wilderness; they bring stealth and long range to the table. Maybe even some freshly killed game, when they feel generous enough to share.

Hunter’s Mark. You can hunt down any one player at night and know who this player visited. This action counts as a visit. Additionally, you start with a Bow. Using it does not count as a visit.

The crowd chose to reveal the abilities of the Warlock. The player who has this role can now make use of its level-up feature.

Spoiler

The Warlock

Has selling your soul to Satan ever gone wrong? Nah, of course not. Warlocks would know if it was the case, because that’s how they got their powers. But what’s on the other end of that bargain…?

Profane Duty. You can name any one player at night, hoping to sacrifice them in the name of your patron. If this player is lynched on the following day, you gain immunity to all actions during the next night. This does not count as a visit.

Level up! Pact of the Blade. If you are visited while you benefit from the immunity granted by Profane Duty, the player who visits you gets Wounded.

It is now Night Four in Sunnyvale. You have up to 24h to perform your actions; given your dwindling numbers, the phase may be shortened at my discretion if all the actions are sent early.

Like before, the game could end overnight. Make your choices wisely.

1. Aldo

2. Amber, The Ranger [Lynched D4]

3. Amine, The Sorcerer [Lynched D2]

4. Seal

5. Nicki, The Artificer [Shot D2]

6. Bok, The Monk

7. Astra, The Blood Hunter [Killed N1]

8. Fali

9. Nano

10. Lykos, The Cleric [Killed N3]

11. Evi

12. Drago, The Fighter [Lynched D3]

13. Bean, The Barbarian [Executed D1]

14. Arch, The Bard [Died from his Wound N2]

15. Lía, The Vanilla NPC [Killed N2]

16. Newt

17. Kiet, The Paladin [Killed N3]

18. Bazaro, The Dungeon Master [Died from his Wound N3]

• Sad 1

Day Five

Yawning, the youngest and least attentive of the three halflings left his seat. He walked towards the house's staircase, intenting to go to bed, but Gandiet suddenly rose from his armchair, menacing.

"Trying to sneak off without listening to the full story, hmm??" The old mage planted himself between the child and the stairs, raised his staff with both hands and, thunder in his voice, shouted:

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!"

Using all the might in his aging limbs, Gandiet dramatically slammed his staff down... only to crush his own toes and howl in agony.

It took him a while to recover, but he was finally able to continue his story, under the patient yet tired and disappointed gaze of his old friend Bilbok. Senility was indeed a tragic thing.

He had no choice. He knew it. The villager who carried a sharp blade in his hand and vengeance in his heart had to strike true, once again, or all would be lost. He paced quickly through the tunnels, looking for his next prey. But... who?

Meanwhile, the adventurers were in a similar hurry. They had to finish the NPCs off quickly if they wanted to emerge victorious. They pondered, discussed, then chose who had to perish.

Both parties went their own ways, carrying the promise of death with them. They did not meet, yet they slipped close to one another. A murder for a murder. Blood for blood.

Come the morning, the few remaining citizens found the lifeless body of Aldo. The poor man had been stabbed in the back, not given the chance to even look his murderer in the eye. However, something else did that for him.

When he had fallen, a crystal ball imbued with ancient magic broke into a myriad of fragments on the ground. These fragments, like pieces of a mosaic, reflected the persistent image of someone who had visited Aldo just before he died... It was Falirion, the Warlock.

In another corridor, an old Druid met his end. Much like Amber the Ranger, that one did not say much. He on the other hand, nurtured much darker secrets in his mind. Schemes and forbidden knowledge that he would share with his allies... well, not anymore. Someone made sure of that.

Aldo died. He was the Town's Second Artificer, formerly a Vanilla NPC. The Arcane Focus he was holding broke, revealing Falirion the Warlock as his last visitor.

Seal died. He was the Mafia Druid.

Spoiler

The Druid

Old, wise and resourceful are the Druids. Don’t let their peaceful demeanor fool you; they know much, and will not hesitate to use their wisdom to defeat those who trespass ancient sanctuaries.

Wisdom of the Ancients. The spirits of nature speak to you in your sleep, and reveal the role of a randomized player to you every night (but not the role’s description). Does not count as a visit.

Day Five begins. You have up to 48h to discuss and decide to lynch someone. After all 5 of you fulfill your requirements AND if you all explicitly agree to it in the thread, I may shorten the phase.

1. Aldo, The Second Artificer [Killed N4]

2. Amber, The Ranger [Lynched D4]

3. Amine, The Sorcerer [Lynched D2]

4. Seal, The Druid [Killed N4]

5. Nicki, The Artificer [Shot D2]

6. Bok, The Monk

7. Astra, The Blood Hunter [Killed N1]

8. Fali

9. Nano

10. Lykos, The Cleric [Killed N3]

11. Evi

12. Drago, The Fighter [Lynched D3]

13. Bean, The Barbarian [Executed D1]

14. Arch, The Bard [Died from his Wound N2]

15. Lía, The Vanilla NPC [Killed N2]

16. Newt

17. Kiet, The Paladin [Killed N3]

18. Bazaro, The Dungeon Master [Died from his Wound N3]

Alright the game ends today and I have a proposition for newt

If you got a gun shoot me or evi

fali is confirmed mafia so we can just lynch him today and even if bok is mafia and both me and evi are town bok can’t vote so we would still win

shoot either me or evi to confirm who the other mafia are, in the meantime

[eliminate] fali

[reveal] monk

I am alive huh? makes sense i guess, but just fyi, newt could have shot me savely tonight, or any other for that matter i didn't get a single guess right the entire game, oh well.
I am honestly surprised you bought the TP claim as much as you did, it's kinda funny to me 😈
so yeah i die today one way or another but my patron will have your souls nontheless MUHAHAHAHAHA

anyway lets make this easy for you all
[Eliminate] Falirion

Evi, Nano, Fali, Newt, and I. 
I can't vote either way, so I leave everything in your hands. Let's lynch Fali.
The big question is what role (if any) you should vote for a power-up.

Also why would Newt have a gun to shoot? Is someone still around who can give things out? 

Even if it makes no sense, that's what the rules say. If Newt shoots someone right now and hits and townie, the rules dictate mafia wins, unless I'm missing something.

[Eliminate] Falirion

[Reveal] Rogue

(The latter vote is just a placeholder.)

Ok guys just so you know this is how I decided who to kill this night because I'm not good into reading people and I had to resort in using math.
All possible mafia combinations:
1 - Nano Evi Bok
2 - Nano Evi Fali
3 - Nano Evi Seal
4 - Nano Bok Fali
5 - Nano Bok Seal
6 - Nano Fali Seal
7 - Evi Bok Fali
8 - Evi Bok Seal
9 - Evi Fali Seal
10 - Bok Fali Seal
Assuming Nano and Evi very probably arent mafia together, the list decreases to:
1 - Nano Bok Fali
2 - Nano Bok Seal
3 - Nano Fali Seal
4 - Evi Bok Fali
5 - Evi Bok Seal
6 - Evi Fali Seal
7 - Bok Fali Seal
According to the combinations and on the assumption Evi and Nano aren't mafia together, these were the individual chances of each one being mafia:
Nano: 42,86%
Evi: 42,86%
Bok: 57,14%
Fali: 71,43%
Seal: 71,43%
Well, Nano gave an Arcane Focus to Aldo, and I really have big town reads on him. The last mafia is either Eviora or Bok, but my intuition says its Evi, but math says its Bok. Let's see who is right.

[Reveal] Monk

[Eliminate] Falirion

And no, I did not receive a gun. I received armor, which is a shame. But well.

18 minutes ago, Bok Choi said:

Evi, Nano, Fali, Newt, and I. 
I can't vote either way, so I leave everything in your hands. Let's lynch Fali.
The big question is what role (if any) you should vote for a power-up.

Also why would Newt have a gun to shoot? Is someone still around who can give things out? 

well simple, aldo was an artificer depending how the priority for the NA goes he might have still passed out an item, probably to newt the only confirmed town.

i really wonder what would have happend if i had claimed survivor while being 100% truthful about my ability as i initially thought

Edited by Falirion
missing a t in town

8 minutes ago, Newt said:

Ok guys just so you know this is how I decided who to kill this night because I'm not good into reading people and I had to resort in using math.
All possible mafia combinations:
1 - Nano Evi Bok
2 - Nano Evi Fali
3 - Nano Evi Seal
4 - Nano Bok Fali
5 - Nano Bok Seal
6 - Nano Fali Seal
7 - Evi Bok Fali
8 - Evi Bok Seal
9 - Evi Fali Seal
10 - Bok Fali Seal
Assuming Nano and Evi very probably arent mafia together, the list decreases to:
1 - Nano Bok Fali
2 - Nano Bok Seal
3 - Nano Fali Seal
4 - Evi Bok Fali
5 - Evi Bok Seal
6 - Evi Fali Seal
7 - Bok Fali Seal
According to the combinations and on the assumption Evi and Nano aren't mafia together, these were the individual chances of each one being mafia:
Nano: 42,86%
Evi: 42,86%
Bok: 57,14%
Fali: 71,43%
Seal: 71,43%
Well, Nano gave an Arcane Focus to Aldo, and I really have big town reads on him. The last mafia is either Eviora or Bok, but my intuition says its Evi, but math says its Bok. Let's see who is right.

[Reveal] Monk

[Eliminate] Falirion

And no, I did not receive a gun. I received armor, which is a shame. But well.

Did you use a calculator? Why would you bring math into a game about killing smh

Just now, Bok Choi said:

I think Newt is talking about the combinations at the end of the day
aka before you killed Aldo 

welll yes at the end of the day, my role flipped and i clearly lied about my ability, which is probably the only reason newt didn't attack me because there was chance i would have been straight up immune

Just now, Falirion said:

cool armor, figured aldo would do that.... anyway newt shouldn't you have discarded all combinations that excluded me aswell after the role reveal?

First, these were the chances before the day started, and before it started, I wasn't sure you were mafia. There were the chances you were a coyote-like TP and wins alone, and lied to not get yourself lynched. But after Aldo's arcane focus broke, it was obvious you were mafia. Shame, if you made Seal do the killing and tried to sell us the story where you were still a TP, I could have bought it 🙂

Just now, Nano4 said:

Did you use a calculator? Why would you bring math into a game about killing smh

You should be thankful, math is the reason we didn't lose the game last night

So let me get this straight.
As of right now, there are still 2 maf: Fali and one of either me, Evi, or Nano.
As of the end of the day, when Fali is lynched, there will be 1 Mafia and 3 town. 

I'm confident at this point that Nano will be the next maf kill since he's very town-read and also doesn't have a vest like Newt, leaving me, the most sus one next to Evi alive. That means realistically, Newt has a 50/50 chance of shooting the right person and winning the game. I'd tell Newt to shoot Evi, but Evi would tell Newt to shoot me, so really everything's in his hands.

19 minutes ago, Newt said:

First, these were the chances before the day started, and before it started, I wasn't sure you were mafia. There were the chances you were a coyote-like TP and wins alone, and lied to not get yourself lynched. But after Aldo's arcane focus broke, it was obvious you were mafia. Shame, if you made Seal do the killing and tried to sell us the story where you were still a TP, I could have bought it 🙂

You should be thankful, math is the reason we didn't lose the game last night 

you cannot be serious... well in hindsight maybe seal should have done the nightkill yeah, but somehow i doubt anyone else here would have bought that for a second, oh well learned something if you think your bluff is discovered DOUBLE DOWN ON IT although i will probably never get away with anything ever again after this game