The Vic Mignona Lawsuit Chronicles

Commander

Decision  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which if these do you think should have happened to Vic?

• Fired from studios, able to still work in industry
    • Fired from studios, unable to work in industry
    • Nothing and keep his roles and con appearances
    • Court Trial before making a decision

...The Funimation investigation got leaked and it was based on three stories:

1. A consensual kiss from someone he'd been flirting with for over a year (I think they were in a relationship)

2. Rial signing a jellybean which Vic ate saying "I ate Monica Rial"

3. Rekieta says he can't disclose this one but says it wasn't sexual harassment but likely will appear in hearing or lawsuit

And Vic was fired from Funimation on January 28. VAs claim they can't disclose info from investigation which Rekieta says is BS. January 29th he was dropped from two cons. ANN found out about this and made an article which the day it was released 6 cons dropped Vic. 14 days after the Funimation firing RT let Vic go as well. Think hard about what doesn't line up. Need I say more.

So the lawsuit filing got delayed due to BHBH wanting to add one more thing to the lawsuit before filing. Ty Beard says to expect it to come on Tuesday but no promises.

-----------------------------

I'll continue updating it but I think the case is pretty much resolved. Vic was fired over eating a jellybean. I think a lot of the allegations people made came from people who had a good experience with Vic because he was a good person but when he was made out to be a sexual predator his actions felt more vile then. The man ate a jellybean which had sharpie on it. I don't think it's a stretch to think he was oblivious on what he was doing could be easily misinterpreted. But I can safely say he isn't a danger to anyone. There's nothing. Not a single thing. Trust me, we searched for this stuff in any way possible to make sure. I think we know the reason the RT CEO stepped down now.

And here's the sad part about this. Some of you have known me for years and I'm not the type of guy to lie. Maybe ruffle a few feather but I do try to make sure what I'm saying is true. That really must mean nothing as I've researched this and did my homework but 30 people claimed stuff so I, the person you know better, am wrong. And this thing you kept claiming to pin Vic looks nothing more than a man eating a jellybean. I don't know what else we will find out. This might be it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Commander said:

I'll continue updating it but I think the case is pretty much resolved. Vic was fired over eating a jellybean. I think a lot of the allegations people made came from people who had a good experience with Vic because he was a good person but when he was made out to be a sexual predator his actions felt more vile then. The man ate a jellybean which had sharpie on it. I don't think it's a stretch to think he was oblivious on what he was doing could be easily misinterpreted. But I can safely say he isn't a danger to anyone. There's nothing. Not a single thing. Trust me, we searched for this stuff in any way possible to make sure. I think we know the reason the RT CEO stepped down now.

And here's the sad part about this. Some of you have known me for years and I'm not the type of guy to lie. Maybe ruffle a few feather but I do try to make sure what I'm saying is true. That really must mean nothing as I've researched this and did my homework but 30 people claimed stuff so I, the person you know better, am wrong. And this thing you kept claiming to pin Vic looks nothing more than a man eating a jellybean. I don't know what else we will find out. This might be it.

This is just the first in a series of lawsuits, except if Vic wins any of them he basically either wins them all, or everyone else (except for probably) ANN will just surrender trying to save their jobs.

I've noticed that some of the people that jumped on the train to mow him down were just salty ex-fans of his because they did not get the fan experience they wanted with him, and its over really petty things like him refusing to sign their yaoi fan art (I dont think he signs fan art period) in a PG13 area of the convention. (this happens a lot more often then you think)

On 4/16/2019 at 9:25 AM, LeoYT said:

This is just the first in a series of lawsuits, except if Vic wins any of them he basically either wins them all, or everyone else (except for probably) ANN will just surrender trying to save their jobs.

I've noticed that some of the people that jumped on the train to mow him down were just salty ex-fans of his because they did not get the fan experience they wanted with him, and its over really petty things like him refusing to sign their yaoi fan art (I dont think he signs fan art period) in a PG13 area of the convention. (this happens a lot more often then you think)

Oh boy you have no idea what I'm about to tell you. It's over. I mean it's been over but this just gets better and better. So here's the news:

Monica Rial is on complete meltdown on Twitter after the jellybean story which she verified was real and was sexual harassment. She also mention another name figuring out who Rekieta's leaker is (she didn't) mentioning she contacted Sony. Now why on Earth would she contact Sony? It's because Sony was the one who did the investigation. Rial also denied the jellybean story was sexual harassment and there were 100s of them. Vic was only told the three stories mentioned in my earlier post. Let's all be honest here: Sony found the investigation inconclusive but this was an excuse to fire Vic. Their Tweet didn't lie, but it was defamation. Reread the Funimation Tweet if you haven't.

Basically, Monica Rial has lied through her teeth to nobody's surprise. Funimation did not do the investigation like Rial said. I want to say that again. Funimation did not do the investigation. Vic was not fired over sexual harassment. Everything was built on a lie. I mean it shouldn't be to anyone's surprise but that's it. As for lawsuits, they aren't filed yet because something big apparently came in but it's expected to be filed tomorrow. It's also in a republican court so they are maximum screwed. 4 Lawsuits are expected to drop, BUT a fifth one might be in round 1.

Edit: Just came across a nerd who did the calculation and Funimation owes Vic at least $1.73 million in damages. I sure hope they can afford that.

Edit 2: Lawsuits have been filed. This is the only update I'll post on it unless some huge info is dumped. Lawsuits have been filed and these are the people who are a part of round 1 lawsuits:

D4ePNA4WkAA9nfx.jpg:large

Edit 3: Not much came out of Nick's livestream that's news worthy other than another lawsuit got added to Ty's firm (not Vic related I believe). There's a couple spots to easily find the file for the lawsuit but I'll let you guys find it if interested, but a name I thought irrelevant may have turned out to be much more relevant. So there's a user on Twitter called Raised By Wolves (RbW) who was saying rather...defamatory things regarding the Vic case. I thought it was Renfamous so I left it out, but Nick suggests it might be Marchi which ho boy, that'd be grand and explain why Marchi went silent shortley before RbW appeared. I'll make a note of it in the OP cast along with Adam and Mike Toole.

I'll also add "C" into it but "C" doesn't exist.

I figured they would leave Funimation out of the first round because they had multiple violations in other categories with the whole removing his name from previous works and now recently false advertising and just wait that one out since they seem to keep piling up more illegal stuff. But I guess going for the big stuff first is fine.

Also was that 1.73 mill just for defamation or was that also including removing his name? (false advertising is brand new so probably didn't exist then)

20 minutes ago, LeoYT said:

I figured they would leave Funimation out of the first round because they had multiple violations in other categories with the whole removing his name from previous works and now recently false advertising and just wait that one out since they seem to keep piling up more illegal stuff. But I guess going for the big stuff first is fine.

Also was that 1.73 mill just for defamation or was that also including removing his name? (false advertising is brand new so probably didn't exist then)

There's 0 reason not to go for Funimation right now since they have pretty much everything. No really, I'm pretty sure everyone they fired and half the staff at Funimation just said "Fuck it" and gave Ty and Nick everything. Remember they booted the old CEO out not too long ago. Only thing Ty needs are all the emails these employees sent out since they have a good chunk already. These are the easy guys and the ones who would be completely idiotic not to settle by how deep in shit they are. Most people predict they'll settle after the anti-SLAPP fails. Also, 1.73 million was just the value of damages including the Broly thing. But easily could spike to 3 million in court if Vic lets Ty loose.

Round 2 predictions: Iago (Sabat), Igor (Schemmel?), Renfield (Amanda Win Lee?), Rooster Teeth, Shanon Mccormick

Round 3: Marzgurl, Mike Toole, ANN, io9

It does sound like Ty plans to go after Rooster Teeth sooner or later. They went after Funimation because they need the money from that to get the rest of these guys.

Frankly unless Funimation has done something far worse than what I've seen, this case is going to crash and crash hard. As a public figure he's going to have to prove they acted with actual malice, which is a REALLY high bar to climb, even if he was innocent, and I still see nothing to indicate that.

21 hours ago, wcv said:

Frankly unless Funimation has done something far worse than what I've seen, this case is going to crash and crash hard. As a public figure he's going to have to prove they acted with actual malice, which is a REALLY high bar to climb, even if he was innocent, and I still see nothing to indicate that.

I don't really consider him a public figure, in the anime community sure but its a pretty small community compared to others and the general public is only now starting to find out about this whole ordeal.

4 hours ago, LeoYT said:

I don't really consider him a public figure, in the anime community sure but its a pretty small community compared to others and the general public is only now starting to find out about this whole ordeal.

He's not. A public figure is basically a politician. He might be a partial public figure though he does not fit the legal terms for staying out of the conflict. Rekieta does a really good job covering this stuff and the Farms as vile as they are also know a lot about the legal system. And before you say Youtubers are bias...nonbelievers....he pulls up the laws themselves and reads them to explain them for the state itself. His streams are really long but he does make short videos on the subjects from time to time.

and @wcv I've got a message to you from someone on the farms:

I've got a message for him. This video at the included time stamp and the words "MALICE BITCH"

Please note that anything posted online is not exempt from mockery elsewhere. Thank you, and have a good day.

-------------------------------------------------------

Not much news tbh. These idiots found some mistake Ty made years ago and now believe he's some awful lawyer (which they shouldn't be talking seeing the orca has a certain lawyer named Zaid who's quite the character almost at Avanetti levels). These people I swear.

Other news is some rich guy named Elon Musk changed his Twitter avatar to Edward Elric and people are pissed off about that saying god knows what. Why would you ever think pissing off a rich guy is a good idea? Ty said he'd need 2 million dollars to get all these people. Probably not a good idea to make that a reality. I'm hoping he drops a big donation but I'm not expecting it. These people are so far out of reality it's unbelievable.

On 4/24/2019 at 12:09 PM, LeoYT said:

What exactly gets accomplished when people bring up Vics mom? And of all things about her, its her financial stability.

Is she gonna like ground him or something?

At this point, I'm not even surprised by anything they do anymore. They'll probably go and find any of Vic's childhood friends he still no longer associates to harass them and slander them any way they can. I think it's a shitty thing to talk about Vic and his mom because they actually started poor, not rich living in a trailer. So yeah, he had to work for them to have a better living even as a VA. I didn't want to bring it up as this is pretty much normal or nothing news. Yes, harassing someone's mom is a minor offense and news compared to what these people normally do. And you wonder why I want to see them sued.

In other news, Nick Rekieta's Twitter got banned due to a bunch of flagging. Yeah, you'll realize that the people who run Twitter are kind of controversial people who have favorites letting them get out of jail and allow them to ban other people for calling people fat or being dumb (yet calling people Nazi's and threatening to call CPS isn't ban worthy). It would be glorious to see Twitter get wrapped into a lawsuit since they have 4 lawyers who'd gladly take the case to get money in their pockets for compensation. Yeah, I don't think Twitter thought this through very well. Very likely we'll see them turn over and bring Nick's Twitter back (he doesn't care as it's mostly to promote his channel which intern-kun is filling that role right now).

The conflict finally has calmed down so I don't think I'll need to be updating the news as much, but there's plenty of interesting things to look at (especially Nick streams) such as a stream with some old Channel Awesome people who talked about Marzgurl and Jewario and how it is very different compared to Vic's even though they didn't know at the time, but the writing was on the wall. But please don't ever make me see that Marzgurl pick of Captain Marvel ever again. There are some things the world was not meant...you know I don't care, but if you're an ass then we make fun of you.

I do have good news. I managed to get my hand on a doc that contains pretty much all of the information we have about the situation. It's a 70 page doc with over 300 pieces of archived information organized to read and see. If there's anything you want me to dig up and put on the thread/OP you can ask as there's quite a bit and I'll pull it up.

Me: Ah, it's finally nice to not have to worry about covering news

Vic Situation: Surprise!

Me: Why! Why can't you all just shut up?

So this isn't Vic specific but it has to do with YellowFlash in which they managed to make a stupider lawsuit than the Vic lawsuit which is saying a lot. So YellowFlash made a livestream called "Let's monetize Marzgurl in which he just read Tweets from her and commented on them." This caused Marzgurl to make a "private" Facebook post that got leaked saying she wanted to sue Flash but had no idea who he was or where he lived on a Stream that isn't even archived on his channel for being defamatory and damaging her nonexisting career. That wasn't news worthy to me. Apparently some guy who brags about being a 6 figure PR guy who hired a Private Investigator for her to get his address which he apparently did? The guy is so full of it claiming he has a billion dollars in savings that I don't even know what to believe. But the highlight is some user called BelieveBulma sent a phone to YellowFlash's PO box to try and track his address...except it ran out of battery in Minnesota being nowhere near the correct address.

Also Marzgurl set up a GoFundMe for it so this is actually happening. Somehow made a whooping $300 in the first day...and she only need 39,700 more bucks to go. Girl thinks $1,500 is going to be enough for a lawsuit. These people. I just want one quiet week free of updates. Or month. 

8 hours ago, Commander said:

Me: Ah, it's finally nice to not have to worry about covering news

Vic Situation: Surprise!

Me: Why! Why can't you all just shut up?

So this isn't Vic specific but it has to do with YellowFlash in which they managed to make a stupider lawsuit than the Vic lawsuit which is saying a lot. So YellowFlash made a livestream called "Let's monetize Marzgurl in which he just read Tweets from her and commented on them." This caused Marzgurl to make a "private" Facebook post that got leaked saying she wanted to sue Flash but had no idea who he was or where he lived on a Stream that isn't even archived on his channel for being defamatory and damaging her nonexisting career. That wasn't news worthy to me. Apparently some guy who brags about being a 6 figure PR guy who hired a Private Investigator for her to get his address which he apparently did? The guy is so full of it claiming he has a billion dollars in savings that I don't even know what to believe. But the highlight is some user called BelieveBulma sent a phone to YellowFlash's PO box to try and track his address...except it ran out of battery in Minnesota being nowhere near the correct address.

Also Marzgurl set up a GoFundMe for it so this is actually happening. Somehow made a whooping $300 in the first day...and she only need 39,700 more bucks to go. Girl thinks $1,500 is going to be enough for a lawsuit. These people. I just want one quiet week free of updates. Or month. 

If she doxxes him her patreon and other web funding can easily get shut down

I just want to give my 2 cents, from what I seen and the evidence shown so far, I believe that Vic is innocent especially after the despicable actions #KickVic has done. Its also notable that two former Channel Awesome employees are standing with Vic and is against what Marzgurl is doing, Iron Liz (formerly worked with Linkara on AT4W and was in a relationship with him) and Micah Curtis. (Worked with Angry Joe on the short lived Blistered Thumbs, was their review guy)

The situation is pretty ridiculous and pretty old at this point. I really try not to take a stance of these type of situations until I feel as if everything has finally been put out in the open, with my only concern being until then the fans involved. At this point it feels as if all the information is out there in the open, and it's shameful to see certain individuals continue to push this malicious agenda against Vic. Everything's out in the open now, it's done. Aside from any legal action that needs to be taken, let the drama end. 

It's just obvious and disgraceful slander at this point. I don't care for Vic, but he's been wronged so badly at this point, and besides that, we don't need any fake cases of abuse, sexual assault, etc, when so many real cases happen already. 

Looks like Renfamous got suspended again, nobody knows exactly why, could have been for misgendering someone like last time but thats her 3rd suspension so it might turn into a perma ban but now people are claiming this was a coordinated attack (unlike Nicks suspension)

This is to people complaining about this thread: If you don't like it, don't read it. Or takeover to help cover the news in your spin.

So Toye and Rial's Lawyer, Casey Erick, decided to play a funny little game of trying to get Vic's deposition and getting out of Ty getting any deposition or evidence claims for 90 days. Yeah, this just escalated quickly as Nick's livestream is going on and Erick didn't even contact Ty Beard for a new date for Toye and Rial's deposition. So this backfired really hard as Rial and Toye are going to have to go to a court trial EARLIER than intended asking questions regarding all of this. So things seem to have gotten quite interesting so we may be getting some major news in June. So yeah, I'll cover this if it develops.

Edit: seems like Ty Beard sent a counter claim which has all the emails. Not much needs to be said but dear god their lawyer really is exceptional or sketchy as hell.

In other news, dick pics of ProJared after his whole divorce from his wife over cheating have surfaced. I unfortunately caught glimpse of said object. Don't Google it. Please don't.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, LeoYT said:

They welcomed the lawsuit and now it seems like they're trying to get out of it

In all honesty, I feel like this is all their lawyer's work as he told them he had this plan to get them out of this and those two ding-dongs are probably celebrating that they're going to prove Vic is a monster while not damaging their already in shambles reputation. This guys is a scumbag and is either used to taking down small lawfirms or was trying one hail Mary on a losing case. It was a stupid move that only drain Mr. Erick's clients' money for the expenses of it.

I'm going to tell you what the court is going to agree to: Toye and Rial's depositions will be May 15th not giving a hoot about what they are doing that day. It could be a job terminating meeting for not showing up for Toye and he'd still have to go in to deposition. And all of it will be public record. That's the optimistic route as it can go very, very wrong for Mr. Erick.

As for Marchi, she hasn't been in contact with BHBH that we know of. There's two explanations for this: she already settled or she's hiding. Both are possible as she knows she can't win and she's screwed. I could see the Beard not talking about it in order to mess with Rial and Toye. He's not witholding info just simply obliging to the NDA. I guarantee she's going to fold and settle if she hasn't soon because you saw the Tweet so she knows.

Haven't seen much on the Haberkorn vs Pridemore and the supposed Marzgurl v YellowFlash lawsuits but I'll cover them if they develop. Spoiler: Marzgurl faked paying somebody as that's an easy excel document forge. No idea what that 4.8k is going to be used for. Still hasn't raised her GFM goal like she said she would. Oh yeah I don't know any more news on the Hero Hei v ANN possible lawsuit over the copyright strike they gave him. This game is nasty, man.

Marchi will probably try to settle but after listening to some clips of Vic at Tupelo Con last weekend I don't think he will allow it.

ANN will probably wait the maximum legal amount of time before lifting the strike just as a salty fuck you to Hei since it was the head editor that did it.

Not Vic news but I feel like being a dick because quite a number of people believed Jim Cummings did terrible things but...

20190511_002837-jpg.754984

For all you lying sacks of...potatoes let this just be an example that not every MeToo wins. She had a police report too. That was one I called and I guess I was right. Now hopefully the Haberkorn stuff gets resolved and we can have the main show of this thread be slow wrapped up in the coming months. Always gotta look at the facts.

Also, I'm not going to cover the Youtube drama stuff. I don't even want to touch the Jared stuff with a ten foot pole especially. I know people are going to say Youtube is terrible due to the Pedo ring, Nappy, ProJared, and whatever the heck you call the Etika stuff, but that's just stuff that comes with every walk of life. I don't think ProJared will face jail time as he did get a "Hail Mary" when the Tumblr he did this stuff on got deleted. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/11/2019 at 5:06 AM, Commander said:

Also, I'm not going to cover the Youtube drama stuff. I don't even want to touch the Jared stuff with a ten foot pole especially. I know people are going to say Youtube is terrible due to the Pedo ring, Nappy, ProJared, and whatever the heck you call the Etika stuff, but that's just stuff that comes with every walk of life. I don't think ProJared will face jail time as he did get a "Hail Mary" when the Tumblr he did this stuff on got deleted. 

I think this is a world record for how many YouTubers burned their careers to the ground within the year

but Marchi is definitely hiding considering all the failed attempts to give her papers

So there's been some news and I've been a little busy. So Rial and Toye sent a response to the motion in which Casey Erick defamed Vic in it and used PULL as one of their main sources. Trust me, Ty isn't using Kiwi Farms as a source but simply another means of getting archive docs. That should say something about how desperate they are. Marchi has also been hiding in her house watching that poor delivery boy go to the house 5 times and now he's just going to drop it off and it starts the timer soon. Funi also made an agreement for deposition as ironically the main problem is being the most civil. Oh yeah Rackets got a hold of Toye's texts to Kameha Con which will be on his live stream tonight. Nothing we don't already know so far though.

So if anyone has questions for Vic that aren't about legal stuff, I can pass them to a guy going to the con if you want me to. He was taking requests.