Official Super Smash Bros. Thread for Wii U and 3DS

Maelstrom

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see no one complaining about how Marth and Lucina are so high up. Why? They really shouldn't be up as high as they are, especially above Pikachu, Ness/Lucas and Corrin. That's one of the only placements I disagree with on this list... The other one however is a personal gripe.

I am not confident in the placement of Kirby on that list whatsoever. Kirby is a pretty solid character. I'm not saying he shouldn't be C tier, but he is definitely better than, say, Zelda or Palutena, in my eyes. After that, there really isn't much else I have to say about this. It looks fine, but not perfect, like most tier lists. After all, this meta is still somehow changing. It's going to take a while to solidify an actual tier list.

Marth and Lucina got buffed considerably recently and people have been making strides with them.

not really, the only two notable marths in the US (Mr E/pugwest) haven't really done much in terms of placing at tournies since after the buffs

But holy fuck i feel Rage triggered.

>Ganon over Falco

RAEG.

The one i agree through is jiggs lol.

Ganon is where he should be imo. I dunno about Falco but he lacks results, especially when compared to Ganon whose representation is extreme for a supposed bottom-tier.

Puff is pretty much unanimously the game's worst character at this point. In Japan this makes this the second game in a row where she would be rated worst in the game.

Mega man is too high... So is Olimar and Lucario. Pikachu, Robin, and Corrin are too low.

I can't speak to Mega Man since opinions about his viability are all over the place, much like Corrin's, although high level players are convinced Mega Man isn't Gimmick: The Character like Corrin seems to be seen as. Olimar, yeah, he's too high probably. Lucario, I dunno, since his meta is much more developed in Japan.

Pikachu is weird. Too low? Maybe, but idk. Robin gets bodied too hard in disadvantage to be A tier. Corrin has a wealth of problems that keep him mid-tier, including poor edgeguarding (then again, Fox's is worse), the game's worst shield pressure, awful grabs and an awful reward for getting one. I'm honestly surprised he's not lower.

my only notable problems with it are ryu's placing (way to low) and megaman, who i obviously think is too high but i haven't watched any good jp megamans

Ryu looks like he could use a tiny boost in rankings but he's not S, that's for sure.

I see no one complaining about how Marth and Lucina are so high up. Why? They really shouldn't be up as high as they are, especially above Pikachu, Ness/Lucas and Corrin. That's one of the only placements I disagree with on this list... The other one however is a personal gripe.

I am not confident in the placement of Kirby on that list whatsoever. Kirby is a pretty solid character. I'm not saying he shouldn't be C tier, but he is definitely better than, say, Zelda or Palutena, in my eyes. After that, there really isn't much else I have to say about this. It looks fine, but not perfect, like most tier lists. After all, this meta is still somehow changing. It's going to take a while to solidify an actual tier list.

Marth and Lucina's results have improved consistently over the past few patches. They also have winning matchups on Rosa and Cloud, and some say Mario as well. Mr. E/Pugwest may have been struggling a bit, but there are others who have stepped up in their place but aren't talked about, because, well, they're not Mr. E or Pugwest. There's also only room to grow from here for the Falchions seeing as in mid-level tournaments Lucina is by a mile the most popular character.

Also Japan seems to think that Kirby is a one-trick-pony...which I can't really disagree with tbh...

Ganon is where he should be imo. I dunno about Falco but he lacks results, especially when compared to Ganon whose representation is extreme for a supposed bottom-tier.

I disagree, but i respect your opinion.

I think ganon bottom 5 and characters below him like ike have more result. Example is ryo got ike in top 8 an mlg.

Falco lacks resuls, but he's not still bad. I think him as high low/low mid. Not in bottom top 10 imo.

Ganon has results outside of North America, unlike the other two, including BEAST 6 and several Umebura events. His 1.1.5 buffs were massive, including universal kill confirms, improved followups on other moves, and another Rage-abusing kill move, which add to an edgeguarding game that was top 10 even before the patch. His neutral still sucks ass and so does his recovery to an extent.

I still dunno what to think about Falco. The Smash buffs help quite a lot with issues that Falco had before, but his neutral is still bad and he's kinda edgeguarded easily despite his mixupable recovery. He's also not very good when played aggressively; I know a lack of aggressive playability at a high level tends to turn the Japanese community off a given character.

The Japanese really don't like Ike for some reason. Then again, they seem to favor characters that can function optimally on an aggressive playstyle, and at a tournament level, Ike does not fit that bill at all. His recovery also sucks against characters that can edgeguard well, such as, well, Ganon and Falco.

Your tier lists are all irrelavent again. New Smash Patch inbound... I think, I can't read Japanese. All I can read is 1.1.16

Looks like a patch is coming, yes. Hype!

Also just bought the Smash Bros. Edition GameCube controller for Wii U. My old school early 2000 GameCube controller was getting old.

hello stop that he's already good and annoying to play against ):

Filthy Bayo player. And you still won't be fighting him. The only R.O.B.s I've seen other than myself are 8bitman and Oracle, and Oracle dropped him a while ago. The only character used less is probably Olimar.

Edited by Felix the Cat