[IC] Tengoku no Owari CT, Chapter 1.2

Empiricist

Immanuel

No. At least not one we will have any problems with providing you. That being said, is there any reason why you need UV light?

We have prototypes for reflexes, magical output, focus, and strength needing test right now.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deciding that the message was sufficient enough from what Sasha could expect of him for a message briefing, Sasha replies that she will be present before putting away the exoskeleton. She would figure out exactly who to deliver that to later, but for now she would go check her stock to see what materials she needed for Tony's bike job.

Immanuel first sent a message to his project leader and unapproved drugs provider that said.

No particular reason, just wanted to check if that was something they could do. Also I think I'll take one of each for now, and some of the new healing potions...I don't suppose that any of you have tested them to find out what happens when you mix them all together?.

He then sent another message to Crow as he scrutinized the address for Galaxy Game's main office.

That is good to know, also this might be a good time for you to tell me everything you know about the mononoke nest you asked me to investigate. Might help me convince the others that this is something worth investigating.

Sasha

Well, aside from the arcane nitro injector units, you'll probably want a few things to cut down the weight, things you don't have in stock right now. See, you've got plenty of light materials, but there's a difference between materials that are just light and strong, and materials that go into a kinetic missile, and right now you find your project leaning far far towards the latter. Most of the internals, you're probably gonna need to keep, durability isn't a concern but they still need to function, frame, you probably probably get away with an aluminium alloy that's a lot thinner than normal, slap on some burn out enchants to keep it for just long enough, hmm, could enclose it in a disposable shell that keeps it together. The bike will literally fall apart within the hour after the enchants fail but... though if you do go with that, there's not much point even having a frame, you could just have some enchants to lock the pieces in place, then you're just need the parts that keep the functional components like the engine and wheels connected and moving. Hmm shell won't matter, you can do away with most of the frame, the enchants will have to be custom though, and that means you'll need Sabia for this. Fuel-lines and the like you could probably replace with high surface-tension alchemical fluid; Paracelsus makes those, so that will be much faster to acquire. Seats and handlebars and the like you don't really want to mess with since it affects handling and ergonomics. Might want to get some charms from Aiko? Try and seal some of the pieces in place with paper talismans just in case?

Immanuel

No, I can't say that sounds like a good idea.

After doing a check-through of what she had, Sasha decided to start up her calls for the parts she still needed. First off were the enchants, which meant a call to Sabia. With that, she put in a number and hoped that she could get the actual person on the line.

Sasha

Ring. Ring. Ri- "Sasha." That, wasn't question, more just a statement, a confirmation. "I will be free on the weekend. What do you need?" Y'know, she could at least pretend to be a bit happier. Or at least make it sound like she wasn't annoyed with your very existence, you're pretty sure at this point that you're cordial, but apparently Sabia likes her kool-aid to taste like cardboard.

Located uptown. Lots of fancy bars and malls, sure you know the area. No traps at the entrance or other entry barriers, so watch for lost civvies. There's a floating fort inside it, has some heavy guns, probably not a threat to you but might be a hazard if your team decides to summon another flying aircraft carrier. Mononoke carry pretty standard modern arms and some unknown substance, armor is likely charmed. I'll send you a document with any more information I find later.

Take it down if you have the opportunity, but the main thing here is to get intel. Find out about these Epithet Cards (google those) and what happened to the Emperor squad sent inside.

On 3/27/2018 at 9:35 PM, DragonRage said:

"They're this crazy cult who recruits people like me that can bring trading cards to life," Tor explains, "They call themselves the Kings of Cards or something, and they're incredibly stupid.  They're trying to take over the world by collecting rare cards and exploiting their powers.  This would be pretty doable considering how many of them there are, except practically all of them are terrible at actually playing the game their powers depend on.  I'm actually good because I'm not so worried about taking over the world or having the right cards in my deck to also fight the police or hold ordinary people hostage to ward off a military counterterrorism squad.  People who have to worry about that aren't exactly the sanest, or the most focused on tuning their sideboard.  Obnoxious idiots, the lot of them.  I've fought them three times now, and I could almost say they've gotten worse.  Maybe it's because their skilled people keep getting arrested?"

"Wow, so then I guess we don't have to take them seriously right? No sudden coups right? We've had our share of coups back in the Republic but they don't involve trading cards, instead it's the upheaval of the entire political structure by either the military or the paramilitary. These King Guys aren't exactly Al Qaeda, huh? But what does it mean that there's trading cards that summon weapons and monsters? Is there a factory out there that is mass producing the means to do this?"

Goddard rattles, "CA͓̮̪͡R̰̯̜͘D̬̖́S̸̠͕̯̖ ͞A̷̰̭̪̣R̘̯̺̀E̹̻̭̥ͅ ̮͍̖F͙͓̥̞͢L̳͓I̢̪͇̺̹̝̙̺M̟̠S̞̗̼̘̰̗͠Y̥͍͔͖̰ ͕̪͚̯̪̼͈͟RE̻̬̱F̟͕ͅͅḶ̷EC̺̻ṬI̭̯̩̺̞̮Ọ͖̫̮͇N̢͖͙̳ͅS̕ ̙O̵̹͍̳͍̫F̧̗̞̮̳͇̘ ̫̕R͠Ḙ̡͈̗A͏̟̜L̜̯I҉̱̺T͕̥̳͕̻Y̺͟,҉̱ ͏̟̼͉͕P̰Ạ͕̼͕͉Ț̗͈̙ͅH͏̺̦̮̞ͅE͖T̖̘͈IC̢̱̭̤͚̺͈ ̹͚̝̲͝ͅP̮̺͓̥͎͠I̟E̯͓̙͓̫͠C̵̠̠͕̤E̳̬̲̘̬̪̙͟Ś͎ ̞͈̗̞͕O̪͍̮͎̗F̛̪̺̻͙͇̱͚ ̸͇̝P̸̪̯͇̜A҉̻̗̫̹̘̯̤P̼̩̩̞͕̩̦͡E͈̖̹̠̣͠R̪̤͚͖̯̣̖̕"

Immanuel's phone rang twice as he quite literally started to suit up, he read their contents as he walked out of his apartment and locked the door behind him, and he finally wrote a response to both of them as he got inside of the elevator and pushed the button for the ground floor.

Crow Part 1

Alright I'll make sure to do that, also do you happen to have Tor's private phone number right now by any chance? I tried to get ahold of him earlier... but I ran into some problems.

'Some problems' 1

Immanuel had rang up the phone number for Galaxy Game's main office earlier, and he quickly found himself having a long and fruitless conversation with a rather bored sounding man by the name of Kore that ended with, "No, I'm not trying to sell something-god. Let me say it again. We saved him from a terrorist attack on a plane flight by driving a motorcycle into it, and now we need his magic cards to he---nono don't hang u-god damn it"."

'Some problems' 2

Rather unfortunately his second attempt at getting ahold of Tor ran into even more problems, as the following exceedingly one sided transcript will attest. 

"Hello, I'm an old friend of Tor's, I know him from a flight. No, I'm not an awestruck passenger who wants to meet his hero. I'm a friend! We talked about. . . cards, yes, on the flight! He told me to call him. What do you mean if he said that I'd have his cell number? There was a terrorist attack, that's why I don't have the number. He could have given it sooner? Or after the flight touched down? Well he didn't, can I just talk to him? --God damn it."

Crow part 2

And now I am strongly considering heading to the man's office to try and get ahold of him directly... which is admittedly seems to be a bad idea now that I have written it out here to be honest.

Project Leader Kiran

Shame, some of them seemed as if they would go well together. But anyway how quickly can they cook up those flashbangs I mentioned earlier?.

"Well, good to know you'll be available. I'll be needing some burn out enchants and some relative locking enchants. Someone came by with quite the commission. Think you can get those set for me over the weekend then?" Sasha asks in a more cheery than usual tone.

"I'll need them to hold the bike together. The request wasn't quite for a bike to last you see," she mentions before continuing. "As for what I'm binding them to, pretty much just to all the bike parts to keep everything together. That good enough info for you to work with?" she asks, making sure Sabia has all the necessary information for the right enchants.

"Alright. See you then," Sasha replies before hanging up. "Could have been a bit more social but whatever," she shrugs before looking through her contacts for the next person. While on the subject of enchants and the like, she decides to call Aiko for some talismans.

"The cards don't do anything on their own," Tor elaborates, "For some reason there are a lot of Awakened, including myself, who can bring the beings, items, or events a trading card represents to life.  They can't do anything on their own.  I've actually been helping my company mitigate the damage.  It's a fine line.  If we release cards that are too weak, they'd just switch over to a different game, but if we go too strong they might actually get somewhere.  But don't tell them that, or they'll switch over to Pokemon or Yugioh or something and start mass-producing actual gods."

Immanuel

Immanuel decided to quickly send his project leader an equally short message in response while the taxi started to pull over to the sidewalk.

How about tomorrow? I can even come over for a bit to sign those waivers if they're ready.

He put his phone back inside of his suit's inner pocket before Crow's response arrived, and the pocket bounced away from his chest for just a moment as he stepped outside of the cab, causing the vibration caused by Crow's message arriving to come unnoticed while he took a tiny bit of cash outside of his wallet and paid the cab fare with a frankly modest tip.

He adjusted his suit jacket slightly as he turned around to get a better look at the glass and concrete reinforced brick facade of the Blauer Himmel. He spent another moment to stare at the slowly greying sky visible outside, and noted how it seemed to blend in perfectly with the mural painted on the second floor's ceiling that he could see from here. Although the clouds in said mural seemed to...fade away to reveal a clear blue sky when he finally entered the building, must have been expensive.

It did not take long for Immanuel to find his grandfather's office, as in all honesty it was pretty damn easy to find 'The Old German man wearing a monocle and a cloak', especially when there was an actual sign pointing in the direction of his office that had those exact words written on it in both Kanji and English. He knocked on the wooden door with the old 'Surgeon's knock' his grandfather taught him (Shave and a haircut, NO LEGS) before he slowly opened the door and entered the room while saying, "Hey old man." The old man, in a deep voice betraying no hint of the weakness of age, responded with one word. "Yo."

(cont.)