[IC] Tengoku no Owari CT, Chapter 1.2

Empiricist

"Well that good to know, though it also tells me you're probably not human. Not that it matters much given some of my clientel," Sasha shrugs, having dealt with androids and other nonhuman beings. Speaking of which...

"Oh right, I need to call Para later for some things. Though I guess that can wait for a bit all things considered. As for clearance level...not really sure on that. Honestly it would depend on who sent you out to me, among other things," Sasha explains. She knows quite a few people, being a mechanic/surgeon does that, but there are a lot of organizations around. She had no way of knowing which sent her here. Or why for that matter. "So I don't know if you are aware, or if it was to be mentioned in the briefing that's who knows where, but why were you sent off anyhow. And why through the post?"

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Huh, that right? Well I know a few people from there, though I'm not sure any of them were specifically involved in this. As for active field work, what's that supposed to consist of for you?" she asks, though given the people who sent her, she probably could guess.

"Well...exactly one of those things makes sense at a glance, but ok, sure," Sasha says, unsure how to respond to the latter bit. Looking over her again, its hard to tell if the mass of belts is actually comfortable, but maybe its nice for Chise. Deciding to can that train of though for the moment, she decides to continue her questioning.  "Anyways, if that's what your here for, that's fine, though if you were sent eariler you could have dealt with some masked luchadors. That was a time. Anywho, I know why you're here for the most part now, but besides dealing with said threats and...being a pillow apparently, what else are you able to do?"

"Not quite what I meant, but noted," Sasha shrugs. "I meant more of your abilities when you aren't fighting. Unless that's also classified in which case..." Sasha trails off, trying to think of a response. "Well if those are also classified I guess I'll just see how good of a pillow you are."

"Well in that case," Sasha shrugs before attempting to pick up Chise and see how well she actually was as a pillow. Though personally, she half wondered how comfortable the mass of belts would be. Regardless, she decided to poke around a bit to test the firmness of the belt mass. Her preferred pillows were some middle point of soft and firm, so Chise in theory  could work if the belts weren't too bothersome. So, to grasp the firmness of the beltpillow, Sasha begins her testing.

As she's picked up, seemingly as a test for her efficacy as a pillow, Chise's belts shift and move, pushing out from her body to provide a certain amount of cushion, seeming to adjust themselves slightly for comfort as she's tested.

"DOES MY BODY FUNCTION TO YOUR SATISFACTION?"

"Uhh, you're a bit more comfortable than I expected, but do mind your phrasing. I'd rather not have people get weird ideas," Sasha explains as she lounges on Chise. Honestly this may turn out to be a decent arrangement, though Sasha would still like to know more about her skills out of combat. A trained mechanic hand could be useful if she was out or busy. 

"You wouldn't have happened to have worked with machines before would you?"

She spends a few seconds thinking, likely considering her answer before finally saying something, wanting to make absolutely sure it could not be misconstrued. "I HAVE BEEN TOLD I AM UNEXPECTEDLY COMFORTABLE IN THE PAST. THANK YOU FOR THE COMPLIMENT. AS FOR MACHINES, NO, BUT IF YOU REQUIRE ASSISTANCE I WILL DO MY BEST TO PROVIDE."

"Eh, good enough. If it comes down to it I can teach you a few things on the job," Sasha remarks as she warps a remote to her hands and starts browsing the tv channels. Some standard news, soap operas, and the mass of slice of life anime were all she could find for a while. Annoyed, she made a small growl. "It's not that I dislike every other genre, but would it kill to give some of the mecha a bit more exposure?" she muttered to no one in particular.

"There's a reason most fantasy stuff doesn't catch my interest. Loses some thrill and excitement when you think that you could do half of the things you're seeing. But mechs are always cool. Maybe its just the idea of actually building one, maybe it's just the idea of high tech robots fighting, but it still has a place I think. Now if others agreed that would be great but what can you do," Sasha sighs, disappointed that there aren't as many mecha fans as she would hope.

"What about you? Got any preferred watches?"

Sometime later

Okay so all y'all are currently gathered outside an apartment on the other side of town on the behest of this Crow person. Place is cheap, one of those low-rise complexes with rooms accessed from the terrance. Not quite run-down, not yet at any rate, but well, put it this when, you think think "Sendo", this sure as hell don't come to mind.

Y'all know what this is about by now, there's some big scary flying fortress formation downtown staffed by a bunch of punk-ass mononoke with assault rifles and more likely than not, holding one of these Epithet Card things that the Card Emperors so desperately crave. Not much more intel at this point, save for the fact that the last Card Emperor squad sent in never came back, which well, let's face it, ain't too high a bar. This, this is well, basically your first and final prep meeting for the assault gig. Figure out what you need, what you can get, and how y'all plan on doing this shit.

Well, that's how the plan for plan goes at least, but Sasha had just rocked up with the bastard lovechild of the Gimp and a Final Fantasy character, so whether or not this'll follow that agenda, well, that's yet to be seen.

After enjoying a hearty breakfast at Remi's place, Marina bid her farewell and flew back to the city...

Only to be informed halfway through that she was to deal with a bunch of gun-totting mononoke right away. "Okay... Crow? That's a day off, then!" She gleefully took a right turn and headed for the designated rendezvous spot.

She landed on the terrace gracefully, and entered the apartment. Her wings faded away as she wouldn't be using them for a bit. "Huh. I'm early," she took a seat on the couch, as she waited for the others to enter (and hopefully introduce themselves).

Immanuel was all set and ready to discuss exactly what he was planning on gathering and give out ideas on how they might want to approach the situation... but after noticing the fact that Sasha seemed to have brought a gimp with her to a business meeting he couldn't help but ask, "Uhhh, who is that exactly? And why did you bring them here?"

"This is Chise. Got dropped off at my door, don't ask why or how cause I know about as much on that as you. As for why I brought her, she's apparently here for active field work, so I figured I'd bring her along. Any other questions?" Sasha asks with a smug voice.

"Well what skills does she have to offer to the group other than perfectly blending in inside of BDSM parlors and cosplay parties alike?," he then turns around to face the newcomer better before he says, "My name's Challenger One by the way, and just in case Sasha's forgot to tell you about the rest of us the Nordic sounding guy is called Tor Svenson, and the little girl's name is Marina."

"SHE IS SPECIALIZED IN SHORT-RANGED DISABLING AND EXTERMINATION OF SUPERNATURAL THREATS, ESPECIALLY ARAMITAMA. INFORMATION BEYOND THAT REGARDING HER IS CLASSIFIED, OTHER THAN THE FACT THAT SHE CAN IN FACT HEAR YOU AND IS CAPABLE OF ANSWERING QUESTIONS HERSELF, AND HAPPENS TO BELIEVE THAT YOUR NAME IS SOMEHOW MORE RIDICULOUS THAN HER OUTFIT."

All in that same flat, expressionless tone that provides all the interest and concern of an especially bland hospital wall, with none of the warmth or hospitality.

Edited by Ragnarok97071

"I'd say we have to get that card before the (sigh) Card Emperors do, though I'm fairly certain they couldn't get to it if they tried," Tor states, "But whoever owns that flying fortress might be misusing the thing.  It's probably counterfeited too, if it's as powerful as it sounds.  Do we know anything about what we can expect inside?  Or if anything might try to keep us from getting in?"

"That name again?" Marina glared at her uncle with disapproval, "even the robot knows how stupid it sounds!"

She was tempted to ask Chise about all the belts, but she figured that she would basically be asking for a "classified information" response. With all hopes of going off-topic gone, she had to get to business - that is, replying to Tor's question.

"Oh, didn't Crow mention that the mononoke have assault rifles? Whatever power they actually have, we could guess that it would be weaker or more unwieldy than the rifles. As for the fortress, I could scout its defenses for you guys, though also according to Crow, this Card Emperor had already managed to get a squad in, so it probably wouldn't be much trouble for us to get inside either."