[IC] BNWL Day 2: Trails Ablaze

IntSys

He shrugged. "No idea, honestly. A couple of them seemed to be a little shifty, they're probably more interested in the prize. Part of me wants to just let 'em have it, honestly. Not sure that having terrorists trying to kill me is worth all that money."

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@King Murdoc

"Sounds like a plan."

The two eventually reached full circle around the Greenway. The sun finally began to set as well, and the streetlamps began to light up one by one. "Well, that was pretty pleasant. I'll be going back to the hotel, then. Good luck, Mitsuru. And, as much bad blood there is between me and Score, do keep her in one piece for me, alright?" He waved, before walking back toward the hotel. Mitsuru could follow him if he wanted to.

On the other hand, he would notice something in the distance, a broken streetlamp standing out among functional ones. These streetlamps all had jack-in ports for maintenance, so he could consider checking what's messing with it.

@Cronos5010

"Hm. Where's this ride you speak of?" The police asked.

@Strider

"... Well, run along now. Please just wait for official statements." The police officer frowned slightly as she shooed Hina away.

"Yes ma'am." That was soo stupid, why had she done that? Hina knew she wouldn't normally have done that, and spent the entire walk back to the hotel slightly flushed with embarrassment. By the time she got there, she'd settled on the explanation that she'd simply been really tired, and hadn't controlled a bad impulse. That happened to everyone, right?

Well, if that was the case, she'd be a hypocrite not to get some rest, so Hina headed up to her room, after sending Midori a message saying that she'd be turning in for the night.

Axel's face split with a wide grin, apparently not noticing the forced smile.

"Man, I didn't know British people were this generous! Thanks!"

As the man turned to guide Axel, Mirona whispered in a barely audible volume. "Axel, I don't think-"

Axel guffawed, interrupting her. "Yeah, yeah. Don't do this, don't do that." He brought up her pad and waved it around.

"C'mon! Life's about doing things, not not doing things! Meeting new friends, like this gentleman here!" After his quite loud proclamation, he beamed at the man again.

He stuffed the pad back in his pocket again - though it didn't quite fit, so he made a show of pushing it down. "Hey, that DOES remind me - I've never asked your name. Mine's Axel, by the way."

Axel put out his hand and offered a handshake.

At this point Mirona would have pointed out the man's obviously suspicious behavior, had she noticed Axel's thumb on the pad moving in a very distinct pattern she recognized, hidden by Axel's outwardly goofy behavior.

Maybe he's not as dense - still, reckless. Knowing full well this may be a very dangerous area and still going for it anyway.

Silently, Mirona prepared a message to send forward to Midori along with a record of their present position to alert her at a moment's notice of trouble.

Plus, records show he was saying it was going to be a 'fun trip?' 

On 5/5/2018 at 8:45 AM, IntSys said:

@Cronos5010

"Hm. Where's this ride you speak of?" The police asked.

"I forgot exact name of ride, but it was in the London Dungeon and ride was only fixed after tense moments of virus busting, you should be able to ask the technicians about the victim's NetNavi. Although from what I gathered from everyone else who fought against them, they weren't very talkative or informative." After saying this he slowly made a show of checking his wristwatch before he said, "But anyway officer it is getting late, the man I came to meet is gone, and I have yet to eat dinner, so if it is quite fine with you I will walk back to hotel and turn in for night." 

"It's usually the other way around, but I'll do my best." He decided to stay and scope the place out a bit longer. Almost immediately, he noted something out of the ordinary. Not much, really, a streetlight that was out of order. . . but hey, the last time he'd seen something break down it had a WWW ghost Navi inside it as well as one of those keys. It was worth checking out.

"Are you certain that's a good idea, Mitsuru?" The PET's display lit up with Score's face, wearing a dubious expression.

"It's just a maintenance port."

Mitsuru moved to the broken lamp and jacked in.

@Strider

Midori replied to Hina with a lovely gif of SheepMan leaping over a fence over and over.

(Unless you plan on waking up in the middle of the night, please wait until the others are done)

@PigeonOfAstora

"Ah, my name's Stevens. Now, let's get going."

Stevens brought Axel to a small restaurant. The exterior featured a red, stylized "Johnny's Fish Club," along with a huge plastic fish, its scales dotted with tiny lights. The inside of the restaurant was paved with black granite slabs, giving Axel a mild chill as he stepped inside. The sandstone walls were chiseled with various murals all over them, from the menu of the restaurant, to introductions about certain species of fish. He could see anglerfish lamps on the counter as well, giving off yellow lights. Stools lined along the long, mahogany counter, some occupied already.

"Oh hey, if it isn't Stevens again! And with another mate today, I see?" The cook behind the counter waved at Stevens. 

"Yeah, Johnny," Stevens answered, as he stepped closer to the cook, "er, two fish and chips to go, please."

"Alright," the cook turned around, and began to work on the order. After a few minutes, the floured cod were fried thoroughly and made into chips. He sprinkled the chips with lemons and wrapped them in newspapers along with some fries. "Here ya go," he said, as he passed the wraps to Stevens and Axel. Stevens, of course, slid the money across the counter in return.

"So, uh, about my offer... Could you maybe give it a second thought?" Stevens asked, as he ate his fish and chips.

@Cronos5010

"... Alright. Thank you for your cooperation, mister! I wish you a wonderful dinner!" The police officer tipped his hat and waved Vlastimir away.

@King Murdoc

Cyberspace: LondonStreetlamp-GW-056_Comp

The cyberspace inside the streetlamp would be fairly bare-bone, with a mere square platform encompassing all of its needs, and a passage to the vast network connecting all the other streetlamps in London...

If not for the ominous purple rift barring the passage, and the violet HeelNavi before it.

"Annnd there we go. The connection should be stable now. Well then, my work is done, time to go back and hide it from the other en- Huh? Who goes there?" He jumped in shock. "What the devil... the workers aren't supposed to be examining the lamps now. And... You don't look a bit like those NormalNavis, either. A curious citizen, then? Whatever, forget what you see now and jack out, it's for your own good," he then slowly walked backwards, getting closer to the rift.

Score could probably intercept him in time, if she were to move right away.

"Smhanks!" Axel said, already having stuffed his mouth with the chips. The fish and chips disappeared at a frightening pace as Axel nearly inhaled his dish.

After gulping down much more than what seemed possible for someone of such a short stature, he replied,

"Sure thing~. After all, you did give me dinner. What kinda art gallery is it though? I never really understood contemporary art to be honest. Though I do like whats-his-name, that guy with the melting clocks."

"What do you think, Sc-oh."

Score, without waiting for instruction, was already moving to intercept the HeelNavi. Whatever he was doing, it couldn't be a good thing. . . even if it was difficult to tell what sort of nefarious plan would involve streetlights. "I believe it will be for your own good if you cease right now and explain your purpose here." Score's voice was even, but firm, not needing any further inflection to carry the implied threat.

Vlastimir will slowly but surely walk back to his hotel and attempt to find a decent place to eat inside of it, and he quietly hoped that whatever meals they served inside...would be free as he was a guest was he not?.

@PigeonOfAstora

"Oh, that's great! It's a gallery of stone sculptures, actually. Just follow me!"

Axel followed Stevens through the London streets, and finally arriving at a seemingly plain apartment. "Right downstairs!"

After climbing down several flights of stairs, Axel would find himself in a basement with marble floors and walls. Several busts of men and women were placed on top of chiseled white pillars. They were somewhat rough on the edges, but would still be able to convince untrained eyes that they were done by a master. The floors were cleaned halfheartedly, with some leftovers of stone bits piling near the pillars.

"Hahaha, impressive, aren't they? But wait, there's more!" Stevens eagerly rushed across the basement and opened a door at the end of it, revealing another room, containing a statue of a young man. He held a pick in his right hand, and he appeared to be chiseling something (read: the air) while standing up tall.

"That's my magnum opus - The Young Sculptor!"

Considering the absolute lack of people here and the plain exterior of the "exhibition," it seemed that he was really just trying to rope Axel into seeing his own works.

@Cronos5010

(The dinner was of course free to the hotel's guests. Other than that, there's nothing here for me to add)

@King Murdoc

The HeelNavi's escape route was successfully blocked by Score. "Tsk... I warned you!" Desperate, he revealed a diamond similar to that of mystery data, and released multiple viruses! "Smash that Navi!"

Battle Start!

Spoiler

[Custom Screen]
789bce5f44962b292d220b920e94dfd0.png
HP Status:

Score: 340/340
Weather A: 80/80
Weather B: 80/80
VacuumFan: 80/80

Battlefield Effect: Fan - On every even second, you are forced to do "Move: Right" once. This action does not override any of your planned moves, and takes place immediately after the planned move is done. (For example, if you do "Move: Up" the same time where the Fan drags you to the right, you will first move up, and then right)

Queue:

Attack +10 * | Wide Sword L | Fast Gauge B | Cannon * | Cannon B

After consuming his dinner Vlastimir would step out of the hotel to see the sights a little more and look for any one or anything that seemed as if they could lead him towards netbattles or virus busting, as he was in all honesty bored...and could use a little bit more money.

"Oooh~!" Axel exclaimed. He was no artist, but he was sure that he found one of those famous back-alley artists - the unnamed masters that came up in anime plots all the time.

...wait, what? Mirona buzzed, confused at the turn of events.

"Wow, man - you sculpted all this? Ain't it something - why aren't there more people here watching this? This is one heck of a talent!"

Axel cheerily continued to praise the artist's sculptures, circling around the statues to get a holistic look. Mirona watched him as he viewed rather haphazardly at each statue.

Wasn't - why is Axel so unguarded?

"That's incredible! Told-ya Mirona! It was totally worth it~"

"JUST. A second." Mirona's voice spoke up loudly, her annoyed sprite popping up in front of Axel's eyes. "We to have a little conversation, mister."

Axel took a few steps back. "Oh, huh. Alright. S'cuse me."

Just a few strides away, Mirona - or her sprite at least - hovered right in front of Axel's eyes.

"Axel - didn't you send the signal? Why aren't you guarding yourself right now?"

Axel's brow creased with innocent confusion. "Send what?"

"THE SIGNAL." If Mirona had teeth, she would be saying it with clenched teeth.

"Err..." Axel smiled awkwardly. "Ah-ha, yes! The signal! The thing! Yes!"

Don't tell me...

"We agreed - before we came over here - if you moved your thumb in this pattern on the pad - " she waved her hand in a star-shaped pattern (rather flustered with frustration), "it means danger and that I should start recording for an SOS signal."

"We did?"

Her voice dropped to monotonously lethal. "By Wily's name if you have forgotten I swear I will climb out of this pad right now and strangle you with your own intestines."

There was a little moment before the memory finally clicked. "Oooh, we did!" Axel laughed. "Yeah, so you thought that I did the thing and you started recording? Mirona, I was just trying to get the pad in my pocket!"

Mirona, on the contrary, found the situation less than amusing. Her sprite glitched momentarily, her face set to a death stare.

Axel's laugh withered into an apologetic whimper at the force of her stare. "Right. Sorry there. I'll try to remember next time, yeah?"

"Right." Mirona replied. Her sprite faded back out and her remaining voice sounded tired, like a mother after a stressful day looking after a rowdy kid. "Just be careful."

Adjusting density to undefined. Light nor knowledge can ever escape that thick head of his.

"Alright~" Axel said, his cheeriness picking straight back up. "So, where were we? Oh yeah - ain't there something like an expedition - I mean exhibition -  kind of deal at the National Gallery or something? I reckon you've more than enough skills for it!"

@Cronos5010

Vlastimir wandered through the quiet streets of Newham, and came across the Shopping Centre Midori told him about.

8:00 PM, Westfield Shopping Centre

The shopping center had glass windows and white walls, with this sleek design that would give one the impression of an airport. Streetlamps lined around it.

According to Midori, the center would stay open for another hour. On another note, Vlastimir could see a chip van (a food truck selling fish and chips) just a few meters away from the entrance. The chef inside seemed distressed, with him turning away passing customers while fiddling with his fryer.

@PigeonOfAstora

Stevens laughed awkwardly, before letting out a big sigh. "Well, I'm not really an established sculptor. The National Gallery wouldn't even bat an eye at me, so here I am, asking passersby around to check out my work, just so I can get a bit more recognition. Hardly anyone seems interested, though, aside from you."

@King Murdoc

Spoiler

Weather A's Action Sequence:
[Wait 2 hs] (2 hs)
[Pulling Up] (1 hs) (Invulnerable until Weather goes down again)
[Wait 1 hs] (1 hs)
[Dropping Down to Row 1, Column 5] (1 hs) (Removes invulnerability after completion)

[Wait 2 hs] (2 hs)
[Pulling Up] (1 hs)
[Wait 1 hs] (1 hs)
[Dropping Down to Row 2, Column 4] (1 hs)

Weather B's Action Sequence:
[Wait 2 hs] (2 hs)

[Pulling Up] (1 hs)
[Wait 1 hs] (1 hs)
[Dropping Down to Row 2, Column 4] (1 hs)
[Wait 2 hs] (2 hs)
[Pulling Up] (1 hs)
[Wait 1 hs] (1 hs)
[Dropping Down to Row 3, Column 6] (1 hs)

VacuumFan's Action Sequence:
[Wait 10 hs] (10 hs)

Timestamps:
1 hs: Fast Gauge B is used. VacuumFan took 50 damage from the Cannon.

Pattern Analysis:

Weather

• HP: 80
  • Operates on full cycles consisted of two movement cycles and then one attacking cycle.
  • In each movement cycle, wait 2 hs first, and then take 1 hs pulling itself up. After pulling itself up, it becomes invulnerable until it drops down again. After waiting another 1 hs, it takes 1 hs to drop down.
  • Attacks in order. Uses additional movement cycles to pass the time when the Weather before one is attacking.
  • If a movement cycle is not placed before an attacking cycle, drops down on a random panel that doesn't share the same row as you do.
  • If a movement is placed before an attacking cycle, drops down on the second panel before you, if available. If not, drops down on the closest panel to you on your row.
  • In each attacking cycle...?

VacuumFan

• As long as it is active, causes the Battlefield Effect - Fan.
  • Battlefield Effect: Fan - On every even second, you are forced to do "Move: Right" once. This action does not override any of your planned moves, and takes place immediately after the planned move is done. (For example, if you do "Move: Up" the same time where the Fan drags you to the right, you will first move up, and then right)
  • Does not move. Or, do anything else, for that matter.

[Custom Screen]

1e8d1d16e69e63400b4ebd187fc7e5cf.png

HP Status:
Score: 340/340 [Undershirt]

Weather A: 80/80
VacuumFan: 30/80

Queue:

Tornado D | Wide Sword L | Recovery 80 B | Cannon * | Wide Sword L

Vlastimir took a moment to survey his surroundings (and the contents of his wallet) before he decided to quietly approach the chip vendor and plainly ask the man, "What is wrong? Did something happen to frier?"

"Shucks, man." Axel scratched his head, looking around at the positively marvelous statues in the workshop around him.

"Maybe it's to do with advertising? I mean, it's really cool down here, but your exterior deco doesn't really do your skills justice. Or is there like an artist union or forum you can join? There's gotta be something, otherwise people are really missin' out!"

Axel looked to Mirona, who knew the responsibility would ultimately fall on her to find such an organization. The Navi responded with a sighing affirmation. "Riiight. On it." She initiated a search on the Net for some sort of group that Stevens can join.

"I mean, I'd help more if I could, but I kinda need to leave 'bout tomorrow morning for somethin'."

@Cronos5010

"Yeah... It's so strange. I've only just had a checkup on this thing a week ago, and it's already breaking down again. And me and my little pal here aren't really cut for deleting any viruses tougher than Mettaurs. Bah... At least they waited until the day's almost over to screw me up," the chef sighed.

@PigeonOfAstora

"Well, you see, this is an apartment - Other people live here. They wouldn't let me touch the front door. I haven't heard of any union of the kind, so I'm really on my own here... If only I weren't trapped in this city."

"But anyway, I really appreciate your kindness," he took a Battle Chip out from his pockets and handed it to Axel. "I came across this another day, but I'm not really a Netbattler. Maybe you'll find it useful."

(Obtained Vulcan 2. Further information in the spreadsheet)

Meanwhile, Mirona's search reflected Stevens' words - no such union or forum could be found.

@King Murdoc

Spoiler

Weather A's Action Sequence:

[Use Ice Breath] (3 hs Warmup / 2 hs Cooldown / An icy breath that hits four panels before the user in a T-shape, turns the panels that it hit into ice panels)

[Wait 2 hs] (2 hs)

[Deleted]

Weather B's Action Sequence:

[Wait 2 hs] (2 hs)

[Pulling Up] (1 hs)

[Wait 1 hs] (1 hs)

[Dropping Down to Row 3, Column 6] (1 hs)

[Wait 2 hs] (2 hs)

[Pulling Up] (1 hs)

[Wait 1 hs] (1 hs)

[Dropping Down to Row 2, Column 5] (1 hs)

[Use Ice Breath] (5 hs)

Timestamps:

4 hs: VacuumFan took 75 damage from the Step Sword.

6 hs: Weather A took 120 damage from the Wide Sword and was deleted!

7 hs: VacuumFan took 60 damage from the Cannon and was deleted! The Fan effect was removed!

[Custom Screen]

777c36241d2de7ee7f8b85a403118c71.png

Terrain Info: Ice - Repeats the movement action you used to enter an Ice Panel until you are no longer on it or you cannot move any further, except for Aqua Navis. Additionally, Aqua-element attacks that hit over an Ice panel will freeze whatever on top of the panel for 5 hs and clear the panel, and Elec-element attacks that hit over an Ice panel will inflict doubled damage.

HP Status:

Score: 440/440 [Undershirt]

Note: Weather B still has 1 hs of Cooldown left from the Ice Breath.

Queue:

Tornado D | Spreader C | Cannon D | Recovery 80 B | Attack +10 *

Virus Information

Spoiler

Weather

• Operates on full cycles consisted of two movement cycles and then one attacking cycle.
  • In each movement cycle, wait 2 hs first, and then take 1 hs pulling itself up. After pulling itself up, it becomes invulnerable until it drops down again. After waiting another 1 hs, it takes 1 hs to drop down.
  • Attacks in order. Uses additional movement cycles to pass the time when the Weather before one is attacking.
  • If a movement cycle is not placed before an attacking cycle, drops down on a random panel that doesn't share the same row as you do.
  • If a movement is placed before an attacking cycle, drops down on the second panel before you, if available. If not, drops down on the closest panel to you on your row.
  • In each attacking cycle...?

VacuumFan

• As long as it is active, causes the Battlefield Effect - Fan.
  • Battlefield Effect: Fan - On every even second, you are forced to do "Move: Right" once. This action does not override any of your planned moves, and takes place immediately after the planned move is done. (For example, if you do "Move: Up" the same time where the Fan drags you to the right, you will first move up, and then right)
  • Does not move. Or, do anything else, for that matter.

Vlastimir had a slight smile on his face when he slowly took out his PET and said, "Maybe Vlastimir can take a look at for you, used to be not known for virusbusting skill back in old day, but still have skill from old day, willing to do it for chip."

@Cronos5010

"Sure, mate. Here's the port," the chef showed you to the jack-in port of the fryer. "I'll do the chip once the pests are gone, alright?"

Battle Start!

Spoiler

Spoiler

[Custom Screen]
243c653d1a0b1d0101dd8e53663d5352.png

Field Objects: Boulders - Unlike Rock Cubes, Boulders are immovable. They occupy the panel they sit on (obviously), and they can be removed by using a Breaking chip on them (some chips have the modifier) or just simply deplete their HP, which may vary. They're generally more durable than viruses, though.

HP Status:

Orenucu: 380/380 [First Barrier]

Mettaur2 A: 70/70
Mettaur2 B: 70/70
Metrid: 100/100

Boulder 1: 200/200
Boulder 2: 200/200
Boulder 3: 200/200
Boulder 4: 200/200

Queue:

Vulcan 1 D | Cannon D | Spreader C | Spreader C | Spreader C

Observation Mode
Spreader C, Spreader C, Spreader C

[Use: Spreader C] 1 hs

[Move (Teleport) Tile directly behind boulder 2] 1 hs

[Move: Up] 1 hs

[Buster] 3 hs

[Move: Teleport to tile directly behind Boulder 2] 1 hs

[Buster] 1 hs

@Cronos5010

Spoiler

Mettaur2 A's Action Sequence:

[Wait 1 hs] (1 hs)

[Move: Up] (1 hs)

[Move: Down] (1 hs)

[Move: Up] (1 hs)

[Use Sonicwave] (2 hs Warmup / 1 hs Cooldown / 1 hs/panel / A piercing sonicwave caused by a pickaxe. Travels down a row.)

[Take Cover] (1 hs Warmup / no Cooldown / The Mettaur ducks under its nigh-invincible helmet, taking 0 damage from all attacks except Breaking ones)

[Wait 2 hs] (2 hs)

Mettaur2 B's Action Sequence:

[Take Cover] (1 hs)

[Wait 6 hs] (6 hs)

[Remove Cover] (1 hs) (1 hs Warmup / no Cooldown / Removes the previous invincibility effect)

[Wait 1 hs] (1 hs)

[Use Sonicwave] (3 hs)

Metrid's Action Sequence:

[Wait 2 hs] (2 hs)

[Warp to Row 2, Column 5] (1 hs)

[Wait 2 hs] (2 hs)

[Warp to Row 3, Column 4] (1 hs)

[Wait 2 hs] (2 hs)

[Warp to Row 1, Column 6] (1 hs)

[Use Chasing Meteor] (1 hs Warmup / 10 hs Cooldown / 1 hs delay / Shoots a meteor at the panel you're on every 2 hs over the course of the cooldown, with 1 hs delay for each meteor.)

Timestamps:

1 hs: Mettaur2 B and Metrid took 30 damage from the Spreader.

4~6 hs: Mettaur2 A took a total of 18 damage from the buster spam.

9 hs: Orenucu's First Barrier took 60 damage from the Sonicwave and was removed.

Pattern Analysis:

Mettaur2

• HP: 70
  • Mettaur2s wait 1 hs before they move in consideration of your current location.
  • Mettaur2s always attempt to move into your row. They can only move up and down.
  • If a Mettaur2 is not attacking, it will take cover (1 hs Warmup) first before waiting for their turn (same rules here as Mettaurs). Once its the Mettaur2's turn, it will remove its cover (1 hs Warmup). This makes it so they're invincible to all but Breaking chips while waiting.
  • Mettaur2s use Sonicwave once they share the same row as you.
  • (Attack) Sonicwave: 2 hs Warmup / 1 hs Cooldown / 1 hs/panel / A piercing sonicwave caused by a pickaxe. Travels down a row and deals 60 damage.

Metrid

• HP: 100
  • A Metrid's movement cycle consists of a 2 hs wait and then a warp to a random, available panel on its side. It will repeat the movement cycle thrice before using Chasing Meteor.
  • On the movement cycle before Chasing Meteor, if there is one, a Metrid will warp behind a random Boulder on its side instead of a random panel in general. If the panel is not available, warp to a random, available panel instead.
  • Chasing Meteor: 1 hs Warmup / 1 hs Cooldown / 1 hs delay / Shoots a meteor at the panel you're on every 2 hs over the course of the cooldown, with 1 hs delay for each meteor. Deals ??? damage.

705a06018ee112298fcdfafc896d0732.png

HP Status:

Orenucu: 380/380

Mettaur2 A: 52/70 (Covered: Invincible)

Mettaur2 B: 40/70

Metrid: 70/100

Custom Gauge: 50% Full

Remaining Chips: Spreader C | Spreader C

Prediction Mode

[Warp: 3rd row from the left topmost area (just beside boulder 1)] 1 hs

[Spreader C, Spreader C] 2 hs

[Warp: Starting position at the start of these hs] 1 hs