[IC] BNWL Day 2: Trails Ablaze

IntSys

If only I had not performed so horribly against basic viruses, we would have been the first to obtain the key. Mirona thought bitterly, performing simulations in her head and marking faults in her tactics.

"Hey, now!" Axel patted the pad after he jacked her out. Though he couldn't hear Mirona's thoughts, he knew her well enough to tell. "It wasn't so bad, we got some cool loot and -"

"That wasn't the objective, Axel." Mirona's voice volume dropped to a whisper, but it still carried an annoyed tone. "We have no clue what these other Battlers want from the Ghost Navi. We need to get the keys first for ourselves."

Axel sniffled, obviously not convinced. "Well, they don't look half bad!" He said aloud with a broad smile. "Anyway, point is - you've done remarkably well, and we still had a fun time, right? Plus, I'm sure we'll get the next one - we're gonna be like, the best after all!"

"I - very well." Mirona responded with a huff of resignation. Her criticality was no match for Axel's naive enthusiasm. 

"Okey, let's go then~!" 

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The seven travelers went for one more screaming ride, wrapping up their Dungeon experience. A few minutes later, they returned to the lobby, where Midori had waited.

"I'm so glad that you're all safe! To celebrate that, I got everyone lemonades and bags of chips ready on the tour bus! Let's go!"

5:00 PM - En route to Earlington Hotel

The sun was still up high in the sky, and it wasn't going to fall beyond the horizons anytime soon.

Midori passed down lemonades and chips, as she spoke up again. "Alright so! As I've previously said, we're going to the hotel for a nice buffet. Tonight, we're staying in the Earlington Hotel, located in the London Borough of Newham, and we'll get there in about thirty minutes! We'll get your room keys before we head to the restaurant in the hotel, and then you are free to explore the cit- "

The faint sound of a gunshot cut her off, though it seemed to be decently far away from where you were then.

"A-AS I WAS SAYING, you are free to explore the city. We won't be taking the Tube tomorrow, so maybe you can use the opportunity to experience it yourself! The night's still young, after all! Lastly, we'll be exploring the rest of the city at nine next morning, so be sure to catch the morning buffet before then. Now, any questions? "

--

Rest Phase - Start!

From now on, you are free to jump forward in time on your own, up until you go to sleep unless you decide not to for some ungodly reasons. You may interact with each other freely, or with NPCs. Furthermore, you may explore the city, though taking the Tube will require a universal 50 Zenny fee.

General Options:

Spoiler

• Take a look around the area... (I'll fill in the rest of the blanks if you don't specify where)
    • Battle Chip Retail (Chip information are displayed in the order of Price / Name / Code / Damage / Memory / Warmup / Cooldown / Projectile Speed / Description):
      • 800Z: Rock Cube * / 60 / 10 MB / Instant / Instant / - / A Rock Cube appears on the panel before you. Has 100 HP.
      • 300Z: Shockwave R / 60 / 12 MB / 1 hs / 2 hs / 1 hs / A piercing shockwave caused by a pickaxe. Travels down a row.
      • 800Z: Wood Tower W / 80 / 24 MB / Instant / Instant / Instant / Four towers of wood burst out from the ground in enemy territory.
      • 500Z: Area Grab S / 10 / 15 MB / Instant / Instant / Instant / Energy falls from above and claims three panels before your area.
      • 400Z: Heat Shot B / 40 / 14 MB / Instant / 1 hs / Instant / A fireball that travels down a row and hits one additional panel after hitting its target.
      • 400Z: Barrier R / - / 10 MB / Instant / Instant / - / Protects you with a 10 HP Barrier.
      • 300Z: Attack +10 * / 4 MB / - / - / - / Select this chip after a damaging chip to increase its damage by 10.
    • Chip Trader (Located outside of Chip Retails and in hotels, it's a small machine that spits out a random chip for every three chips you put in!)
    • Sub Chip Dealer (You may carry up to 5 of the same Sub Chip with you at once):
      • 100Z: Mini Energy (Restores 50 HP)
      • 300Z: Sneak Run (Avoids one virus encounter)
      • 1000Z: Full Energy (Fully restores your HP)
  • Visit the British Net Area. This is likely the best source of information you have right now, not that it's saying much.
    • Online Program Dealer (Sells NaviCust programs and HP upgrades. Unless stated otherwise, each item can only be bought once)
      • 600Z: HP Memory (+40 HP)
      • 1200Z: HP Memory (+40 HP)
      • 600Z: HP+50 (Size: 2 MB)
      • 600Z: Auto Recover (Size: 3 MB - Restores 20% of your total HP at the end of each battle)
      • 400Z: Charge+1 (Size: 1 MB)
      • 400Z: Speed+1 (Size: 1 MB)
      • 800Z: Attack+1 (Size: 1 MB)
      • 600Z: Custom Bypass (Size: 4 MB - Every time you enter cyberspace, you may immediately fill up your Custom Gauge and enter Custom Screen once, regardless of its current status)
      • 600Z: Chip Collector (Size: 3 MB - Boosts your odds of getting rare chips from viruses and Green Mystery Data, and lowers the Busting Level requirement to get a chip at all by 2.)
      • 1500Z: Warp (Size: 6 MB - A new movement option called "Warp" is available, allowing you to warp into an accessible panel in just 1 hs. Each warp requires a 2 hs Cooldown before it can be used again)
  • Catch up on local news. Maybe you'll be able to find out what the gunshot was about.
  • Netbattling with others, using the Netbattle Machines offered in the hotel, or the ones in the Battle Chip Retail.

(And everyone's current Balance, for easy reference)

Spoiler

Zenny Balance Tally:

Mitsuru: 3400 
Axel: 3400
Vlastimir: 3450
Hina: 3550

"Free time. I got a lot of zenny there, so I can probably spare some. . ." After getting her key card, and depositing some of her stuff in a room, Hina headed out to the Program Dealer. She was going fine getting chips on her own, and in fact, it appeared that the dealer had something that might facilitate that. With that purpose in mind, she will purchase 1xChip Collector.

Once she had gotten that, Hina headed back to the hotel, picking up some chicken at the buffet, to eat while she checked the news. Obviously there'd be crime in a city like this, but it was worrying that it was so near to them.

Vlastimir had quickly pulled out a pair of headphones from somewhere underneath his coat and slotted it inside of his PET a few moments after Kenji made his request known, and he smiled slightly as he leaned back on his seat and put the headphones on, "Vlastimir would honestly enjoy see all you try to take oil away from Croatian, learnt thing or two from bigger and colder neighbor about keep oil."

He greeted Midori with a warm smile as he took off his headphones, causing the sound of an accordion being frenetically played to be barely heard by everyone in his immediate surroundings as he said, "Do you know of other interesting place or landmark that I could go to? And where you going tonight?."

After he got his answer and everyone arrived at the hotel to claim their keys he would leave to:

A. Insert the following chips inside of the nearest chip trader (Slow Gauge C, Long Sword L, and Tornado D)

B. Purchase and install the following programs: Warp (1500 zenny), HP Memory (600 zenny), HP Memory (1200 zenny)

C. Purchase a Mini Energy

D. Catch up on local news

E. Go looking for more Virus or Netbattling related trouble to scrounge up some more zenny

And afterwards he would check the time to see if he still has enough time to try and scrounge up more money with his accordion playing before he went to sleep.

Axel checked his balance again. Besides his most essential emergency funds, he had 3400Z to spare.

Though he probably should have saved some for when he returned back to Japan, hey, part of the fun in travelling was not caring about money afterwards, right?

He checked out the British Battlenet, hanging around with online dealers and buying some chips:

600Z: Chip Collector (Size: 3 MB - Boosts your odds of getting rare chips from viruses and Green Mystery Data, and lowers the Busting Level requirement to get a chip at all by 2.)

800Z: Attack+1 (Size: 1 MB)

400Z: Speed+1 (Size: 1 MB)

400Z: Barrier R / - / 10 MB / Instant / Instant / - / Protects you with a 10 HP Barrier.

He also passed by the Chip Trader, quickly putting in the 3 chips he thought he didn't need.

Sword L, Slow Gauge C and Tornado D

"Whelp, that's shopping done! Now time to explore the spooky city!" He merrily (ignoring Mirona's protests about the dangers of guns), went out to ride the Tube to the center of the city, looking for more sights to see. After all, it was today or never he got to ride the thing!

"Well! I'm going to visit the Westfield Shopping Centre, located right here in Newham. It's the third largest shopping centre in the UK, so I want to take a look myself. Unlike the other Shopping Centre here, the Stratford Centre, it actually opens until 9 pm. That's also a problem with Europeans in general; they like to close their places after 6 pm," Midori frowned, "on another note, though, there are a lot of parks in Newham, like the Thames Barrier Park and the Greenway, and you can find a lot of cyclists there. Really, Tokyo could learn a thing or two from all the environmental work. Anyway, you could hang around there. They felt pretty serene to me last time I passed by there."

@King Murdoc "I could use some green in my life. Mitsuru, you coming? I'm going to check out the Greenway after dinner," Brock asked Mitsuru.

"Ayano, I found a Chip Retail near the hotel. Wanna go there later and stock up?" Hotshot asked her operator. "Sounds good. Though, after that, I want to check the British Net Area. You know what they say, knowing is half the battle!" 

Kenji kept silent. He had planned to just shell some of his liquor money and enjoy the wine offered at the hotel's bar.

--

Purchase Completed - Updated Balance:

Mitsuru: 3400 
Axel: 3400 - 2200 = 1200
Vlastimir: 3450 - 3300 = 150
Hina: 3550 - 600 = 2950

--

Chip Trader Results:

Vlastimir got an Oil Bubble B!

... And so did Axel. Christ, there are like, 37 different chips in this Chip Trader's pool and you both managed to pull the same chip.

--

@Strider @Cronos5010

"...vening, at 5:15 PM, a shooting occurred on the Lambeth Palace Road in the London. According to witness accounts, only one bullet was fired, and it came from a speeding black BMW," the female reporter on the screen said as you turned on the TV. Behind the reporter was the crime scene, though largely obscured by police vehicles and forensic personnel.  On the bottom of the screen, the headline was "LAMBETH PALACE RD. SHOOTING, 1 SHOT," and they did not forget to mark that it was a developing story.

"One man was shot on the spot, being a male UK citizen named Florens Harrison. His current status is unknown, but according to local witnesses, he was shot right in the head. Back to you, John."

The program then moved into the segment where the guy named John discusses with the channel's in-house "experts" about the shooting, making all sorts of speculations about the shooter's identity, mainly just trying to see which ethnic-based mafia group fits the bill.

--

@PigeonOfAstora @Cronos5010

British Net Area: London Area

After going through the hotel's snazzy homepage design, Orenucu and Mirona arrived in the London Area of the British Net. The roads were made up of linking squares, all possessing the aesthetics of the gray brick pavements you saw on sidewalks. They form multiple intersections as they wind their way upwards, circling a "holographic," virtual version of the Big Ben clock tower. Various message boards decorated the exterior of the tower. Navi merchants lurked about on the bottom floor, where the entrance was located.

An ivory monument was erected before the clock tower, possessing the City of London's coat of arms and its motto - Domine dirige nos. Apparently meaning "Lord, direct us." The monument also had an image file detailing the locations of each message board on the tower.

Like the rest of the world's Internet Area, the London Area was virus-free thanks to Wily's two programs. Netbattling on the other hand was forbidden, likely to prevent the area from becoming a total warzone. Though, Orenucu and Mirona could still notice Navis discussing Netbattling and Virus Busting, sharing tips with each other.

--

@PigeonOfAstora

Axel paid 50Z and traveled to central London. There, he saw a lot of skyscrapers in the financial sector of the city, as well as a great many churches scattered throughout the city. But as for the more ancient structures in the city, he would find that they were all closed for visitors after around 5:30 pm, a contrast to the lively city with blinding lights. But still, from the outside, they were a sight to behold.

As he stood before the closed doors of the British Museum, he was greeted by a blond, short-haired Briton with a medium statute. He seemed to be in around his twenties. His green and yellow vest formed an uncanny contrast with his black pants, which were held up by a brown belt with several pockets attached. "Hello, junior! ... Oh, a tourist! Welcome to London! If you want to see the museum, they close before 17:30, so maybe you should come again earlier tomorrow."

"Though, if you really want to see some art now, I know a place... " His smile curled slightly upward.

Once Hina had made her sole purchase--saving up seemed prudent for a trip like this--she'd watched some of the news. Apparently there'd been a single gunshot, hitting a man in the head. Hina knew basically nothing about guns, but even to her, that seemed incredibly difficult. One shot, for a moving target, in the head, from a moving car. Once the story was over, Hina stood up, and headed over to the front desk of the hotel, searching for an open attendant.

"Excuse me, I've got a few questions about this city's crime scene? I heard something on the news about local mafia, and, well, that's pretty scary! Do you think you--or someone you know-- could tell me a bit more about them? I. . . I really don't want to cross paths with them, and it'd make me feel a lot more comfortable in my stay if I knew there weren't mobsters with guns a few blocks down waiting to kill me." Hopefully, the man could put her into contact with someone. To be honest, she wasn't as scared as she was pretending, but more curious. After all, it seemed strange to her at least. Though maybe it was a common thing in London?

"Huh? Yeah, sure, I've just got to send Score on some errands." Truth be told, he wasn't sure it was a good idea to be traveling around right now. Wasn't it supposed to be hard to get guns at all in Britain, or something? This trip was rapidly ratcheting up the sketch factor, that was for sure. Still, he was more excited to explore than nervous, so he sent Score off to the local net while he ate dinner.

Score purchases:

• HP Memory
  • Attack+1
  • Charge+1
  • AutoRecover

Vlastimir quietly bemoaned the loss of the man who suspiciously enough had the same first name as OilMan.EXE's operator and was murdered in an incredibly suspicious and obviously criminal manner some time after his keyholder Navi was defeated, as chances are the man could have been of some use to him as a source of information after a bit of convincing. Although he had to admit that even if he had managed to find the man he would have really had nothing to offer other than a chance to get back at whatever the shadowy organization that decided to kill him off was called, as in all honesty he had no extraction plan, no back up, and no pseudo governmental backing; not this time anyway.

He considered the many ways he could use to try and find out a bit more behind the death of the man he presumed to be Oilman.EXE's mysterious operator, and to find out if Omega had anything to do with any of this. And to this end he sent his Netnavi to look for whatever information it could dig up about Lambeth place, any new information uncovered about the deceased, and to ask around for information about the 'ethnic mafia groups' that could have done this, and most importantly of all...any scraps of information he could dig up that somehow ties this 'Florens ' with the WWW key race and 'Florens Harisson' or 'Oilman.EXE'. Net battling could quite frankly wait.

Axel whistled cheerily as he saw the collage of both gothic, ancient churches and the modern skyscrapers of London pass by in a slow blur when the tram. Man, all these sights he would have never have seen back in the apartment in Japan. He put a hand on the glass and blew on it, making a ghostly trace of his hand on the glass with the fog and watched the city's slowly emerging nightscape through it as the train slowed to a stop. It was terribly difficult to quit all those part times and scrooge up enough money to create an emergency fund for this trip, but something told him that even just this little trip in London would make it all worthwhile.

He hopped off the Tube and made a list of things he wanted to do. If he was honest with himself, food was a higher priority than it really should be, but he was looking forward to the English Breakfast everyone was chatting about on the net. He'd go take a quick tour in the Museum before getting dinner.

"...and if the nightlife is cool I'll-"

"No." Mirona growled.

"But clubbing and-"

"No."

"I'm sure I'll be fine-"

"No." Mirona sighed. "Last records tell me you were not in fact, 'fine'. More appropriate descriptions would be "smashed" or "regretful"."

"Riiight, thanks, Mom." He replied, sticking his tongue out at Mirona's avatar, who didn't respond.

Axel headed down to the Museum and met the very not strange stranger who was offering him 'art'.

Last time he went to an art gallery he nearly got kicked out for staring at paintings too closely and being too loud. Plus, who wanted to go to some gallery at this hour? He wanted some more exciting stuff! Like food!

"Aw shucks. Oh well, thank you for the offer, but I gotta go eat food and stuff." He politely declined.

It's a blessing that Axel's so dense. Mirona thought. Or not, depending on the situation.

"Alright, English Breakfast, here I come!" He declared loudly.

"No."

"What now?"

"You're asking for breakfast. At night."

"This a problem?"

"Think it through. I'll time you."

After a few moments, Axel got it. "Oh." He puffed out his cheeks (making him look surprisingly like a squirrel). "Could have told me that earlier."

"You were very enthusiastic about it, so I hated to break it to you. And, new record." Mirona said with a smirk.

Axel huffed with annoyance at Mirona's mockery. Mirona smiled with amusement. Rarely did she tease Axel, but it was so rewarding.

"I guess I'll settle for fish n chips. Actually," Axel went back to the blond Briton. "Hey, do you know a good restaurant around here?"

@Strider

"Huh? Mafia? We call them firms here, but I do know that they aren't really active near the center of the city. Heard a few things from near the edge of the city, but that's it. And we wouldn't build a hotel here in Newham if the law enforcement were shaky now, would we? Rest assured that this area's as safe as it can be!" The attendant said with confidence and a hearty smile.

--

@Cronos5010

Orenucu would find that any mafia activity in Lambeth Palace Road - a road located quite near the London Dungeon (which is located in the center of London) - is highly abnormal, as they are only known to operate near the edge of the city, where the poorer neighborhoods are located.

Orenucu then would discover that Florens actually lived in London, and he was apparently an engineer. He could not find anything else beyond that, though. He probably wasn't very well-known, not even known well locally.

--

@King Murdoc

"Great. I'll see you at the hotel lobby after dinner, then." 

Purchase Completed - Updated Balance:

Mitsuru: 3400 - 600 - 600 - 400 - 800 = 1000
Axel: 1200 - 50 (Tube fee) = 1150
Vlastimir: 150
Hina: 2950

Mitsuru and Brock met up at the lobby, and made their way to the Greenway. Apparently, it was just a few blocks away from the hotel. The sunlight was cast upon the smooth tarmac, on which cyclists rode their bikes and joggers ran. Lush green grass lined the sides of the road, fitting the name Greenway. Not a cloud was to be found in the vast blue sky, with a light yellow hue.

The pair of cousins walked side by side on the same path. "Say... What brought you here anyway? A lot of danger was implied in that message, after all. Omega might be on our tail now that the European - was it Vlastimir? - has deleted OilMan," Brock said. "And, I didn't think you would be the kind to chase after some old man's legacy."

--

@PigeonOfAstora

"W-Well, sure! I know a place around here. I'll even treat you to it! Just follow me!" Axel could see the man frowning his eyebrows, but at the same time he managed to maintain a particularly forced smile.

"Yes, yes, but. . . is there anyone you know I could talk to about this stuff? Because the news said there was a shooting, and it was probably mafia. . . " Hina sighed a little, then gave a forced smile. "Well, if not, I guess I'll just have to make do."

@Strider

"Really? I haven't checked the news myself. That's hard to believe, honestly. I don't know any expert on this, but you might have better luck if you ask online," the attendant replied, expressing disbelief.

"Someone named Florens Harrison. Apparently he got shot a few blocks away an hour or two ago. Ever heard of him?" After listening to the employee's answer, Hina waved, and left the desk, before heading back to one of the couches, and starting to look up the man's name, mafia groups in the city, hitmen who could kill in the way this man was killed, that sort of thing. Additionally, Hina also searched for a way to get into contact with the reporter who'd been covering the story, whether through email, or some other method.

@Strider

"Never heard of him." The attendant answered.

In Hina's search, she'd find that Florens Harrison was an engineer that lived in London, but she wouldn't be able to find anything else about him, which seemed to imply his lack of fame as well as his lack of activity online. She would then find out that any crime groups in London only really operated near the edge of the city, where the poorer neighborhoods were located. They included the English "Brindles," the Irish "Adams," and the Turkish Cypriot "Arifs," and they all seemed to be territorial.

As for hired guns, she couldn't really find any. It wasn't like they would be so daring as to advertise their services publicly, after all.

Hina would attempt to look for the reporter, but there was just one problem - she didn't catch her name.

"Oh, damn it, I missed the name!" Hina shrugged. All these gangs were ethnic, and territorial. They wouldn't venture this far out to kill someone, right? And well, this was just a guess from tv shows, but these gang people probably wouldn't be good enough for a one shot kill. But what other options did that leave? Hmm, well, the shooting was just a block or two away, right? Hina put some of her stuff away, and arose, heading out to the Lambeth Palace Road. Maybe she could catch some reporters on the scene, or the police involved in the investigation.

Vlastimir would then order Orenucu to search for any further information about Florens, any possible relatives or any information about the man's netnavi as well as asking one of the attendants about this 'Omega' organization and whether or not it has spread into London, simply out of curiosity of course...or so he would say. He also searched for any more information he could dig up about the murder and the scene of the crime himself, including watching the news feed and generally trying to get any more information about anyone who is reporting or writing a story about said crime. He would also leave for the scene of the crime itself if that would allow him to stay connected to the London Net Area.

Mitsuru shrugged. "Honestly? I didn't think it was real. But if someone's gonna pay for plane tickets to go see the entire world, then I'm not going to turn them down. It's a chance to get out and explore, you know? Plus, as much of a pain in the ass as Score can be sometimes, we're a pretty good team. Though it's a little scarier now that the prospect of people getting shot is on the table." Punctuating his point, he sent a glance or two in the direction of the nearby roads, suspicious. "Getting any sort of prize out of it is just a bonus."

@King Murdoc

"Heh, that's what I like to hear. I'm here for the thrill of the fight, personally, even if me and Vile kinda screwed up badly back there," Brock let off a few dry laughs, before continuing. "You know, it's not like we've crossed Omega yet. As long as we keep our distance from them, we'll be able to enjoy the trip without risking a bullet through our skulls."

"I wonder if the others are just like you." 

--

@Strider

Hina took the tube and headed for the crime scene. The sun finally began to set, but the scene remained full of police. Several police were placed around both ends of the road, preventing civilians from entering. From a distance, she could see a chalked outline of what was likely Florens Harrison's position when he was shot.

They seemed to be cleaning up, though. It would be unwise to lock down a road in the center of London for too long, after all.

--

@Cronos5010

Orenucu would not be able to find anymore information on the man or his Navi.

"Omega? Come now, NetCrime is a thing of the past! Surely you don't believe that they're able to get around the state-of-the-art defense programs that guard the entire net, right?" The attendant laughed at Vlastimir's question.

He tuned back into the news channels. Apparently, the police had just located the shooter's car, and was chasing after it throughout the city. Not much else was revealed, though. He would be able to acquire the names of a few reporters: Anna Caudell, Roger Nelson, and Rob Haselwood.

Vlastimir would not be able to stay connected to the London Area as he'd be too far away from the jack-in port. Though, Orenucu would still be able to operate independently in there, just without the ability to communicate with his operator.

Vlastimir shrugged and ordered his netnavi to collect the contact information of the three reporters before he jacked out with his Netnavi and took the tube to the scene of the crime.

"Excuse me, ma'am? Can I talk to you for a moment?" Hina approached one of the female police officers blocking off the street. "This guy Florens, do you know anything about him? I-I, well, do you know if he has any family? Or anyone I can ask about that?" Hina looked around fearfully, making sure no one was close enough to overhear. "I'm not from around here, but one of my friends contacted me out of the blue about a month ago--seriously, she hadn't talked to me for two years before that--, and mentioned this guy and maybe meeting up with him when I came to London. So it was kind of a shock when I saw he w-was dead. I don't know. I don't really want to get involved you know, since this is all pretty scary, but well, since Suzuha knew him, I just thought I should at least investigate a little."

Vlastimir would quietly approach the least stern looking police officer on the entire street and tried his best to look like a confused and amenable tourist as he took out his PET and made a show of turning on a translator program as he asked, "Am sorry to ask but why is road block? Did something happen? was coming here to meet with, new friend named Harrison to ask about virus, omega and netbattle but had business, and came later than expected, he told me his contact information but forgot due to busy, was wondering if you met anyone by that name when blocking road and knew how his contact or family? Think first name was something particular like Forens? or Florns?." he scratched his head a little as he made a show of standing a little bit taller and weaving from side to side to try and make it seem as if he was getting a better look of the area behind the police officer.

@Strider

"Uh-huh... You said you know someone who knows Florens," the female officer cleared her voice and said, "ma'am, could you give us the contacts of this Suzuha? Any extra information about the victim will accelerate the detective work on our part."

@Cronos5010

"The road's blocked because a man was shot here. And... could the person you're talking about be the victim, Florens Harrison? If so, would you come with us and tell us more about him? Any information about the victim will accelerate the detective work on our part."

"Her contact. . . info?" Hina squinted at the officer. "I'm not allow--you know what? I was lying. This was all a lie, I'm just an unstoppably curious person, and that can sometimes get me in trouble. This Suzuha person? I made her up, so let's just forget about that, no need to go trying to contact her or anything. I'm sorry for wasting your time." And with that she started walking away. This was a mistake, and would probably cause problems. But as best as she could tell, she wasn't going to get arrested for lying or anything. When the officer had actually asked a question, she'd owned up in a sense, and she wasn't really interfering with the investigation. Hopefully the officer would justlet her go with a reprimand or something.

"Florens Harrison was shot?..." Vlastimir did his best to appear surprised by this revelation as he put his PET back inside of his coat's pocket, "Am sorry officer but I won't be much help, do not know Harrison as much as would like to, only came here to speak with man after find his NetNavi with many his Virus in ride system and vainly tried to have conversation while fending off oilly attacks, NetNavi mentioned operator's name and location and asked for help and forgiveness before deletion, but was too busy calming down small child in dark ride for more than twenty minutes and going on tour bus to meet man and shout at man for ruin part of holiday. Surprised to learn that Harrison was shot before got here."