The Fush

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

So, if anyone here actually most likely not plays ranked, what are your thoughts on the new elo system? Because I've heard a very mixed discussion on it, and I only know basic facts such as the tiering and your actual elo now being hidden.

So, if anyone here actually most likely not plays ranked, what are your thoughts on the new elo system? Because I've heard a very mixed discussion on it, and I only know basic facts such as the tiering and your actual elo now being hidden.

I can try to shed some light on this :\

The actual material of ranked hasn't changed much at all: it's still infuriating and whatever, classic complaints.

The real change is that the system now resists your skill change, up or down. Before, you used to be able to jump up and down what are now tiers in maybe 3 games or less, which used to be problematic if you were running hot or cold streaks, or just based on luck. This new change creates maybe 5 games between 0-100 in a tier, and about 3 games additionally at the extremes to get promoted/demoted. This allows for more consistency.

To sum, I like the changes, because they're made to make ranked far more accessible: one lost game doesn't do nearly as much to your rating as it used to.

It kinda bother me now. You gain a significant amount more by winning then by losing meaning that you will on average almost always go up rank. Series while a fun idea turns out to be more winning by chance that usually happens allowing a lot of players to climb even if they perform poorly. In addition to the safe period you get after going up a division or ranking it prevents you from losing that rank for up to 3 losses in a row, it holds your hand too much.

Long story short its more accessible and less stressful I suppose but it just allows bad players to easily gain ranks.

I dont like it ,but opinions.

• Administrators

As someone who doesn't play ranked, I appreciate the new accessibility, and it's almost made me want to start.

Almost.

I haven't quite reached Doc's level of massochism, but I feel like since there's a narrower scope of competition at any given time now I would enjoy it much more than I would have before.

also I think the division names are cute

• Administrators

[qq]

I have this impenetrable brick of 30 games between my wins and losses, and I cannot seem to get away from it

At one point I worked my way up with ten wins

and then i proceeded to lose the next ten games in a row.

:I

[/qq]