Pixies Types Hurt & Heal

Sayia

37 minutes ago, Jess said:

This, in my -well-trained in hearing and translating excuses- ear, sounds like "we can't be assed to write a proper clause, so fuck this shit, ban it altogether and let's hit the pub".

That's essentially it. Remember the council includes young people with short attention spans who saw no problems promoting their own gaming agenda against balanced play. 

Mew: 10

Jirachi: 5

Manaphy: 9

Victini: 5

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, NickCrash said:

That's essentially it. Remember the council includes young people with short attention spans who saw no problems promoting their own gaming agenda against balanced play.

Let's also remember that they allowed another council of another meta to be biased to a certain thing and not care about balance as much there (gen 6 psychic. the mono council mained it and tried keeping it on top. This got noticed and they said they wouldn't do it in gen 7 anymore). So yeah, when that happened expect some other meta's to also have a bit of a "corrupt" council if you wanna call it that

I'm sure you have heard the general stuff about it. Long story short, it was already suspected in OU, because it kept destabilizing the game, and they never mentioned the monotype scene because they were all using it in their mono-psychic teams. Usually, when something is too strong for OU, to allow a suspect test, it gets quick-banned from monotype. They kept claiming that while it was a bit overcentralizing in OU, it was fine in monotype because the pokemon it could team up with were not possible there. 

People started complaining and the number of players dropped drastically. The rest started using Dark, Ghost and Bug monotypes specifically to counter psychic which got OP so fast. However, they didn't stop from this. They banned M-Gallade and M-Sableye which could counter such strategies, thus limiting the game even further. This resulted in a very plain monotype scene with the same teams appearing all the time, and people constantly leaving, not voting in decisions even if they had completed the criteria, and so at the very least, the monotype council decided to ban Hoopa-U. There is also a huge discussion with a decent amount of salt, but I can't find it right now. 

4 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

@Jess They once banned Mega Gallade because that with Knock Off was scary for psychic. I think I've said enough

It's quite ironic, considering how Mega Gallade is Psychic too, and they could use it to counter Dark types :D 

@NickCrash I like winning too, but I don't really like winning after banning anything reasonably powerful or threatening to me that the opponent can use. It's quite the childish approach they had on this.

Please send it to me if you find it, sounds like that chatlog would be a fine read for a Saturday night for me! I'll get my unsalted popcorn and read it. xD

1 hour ago, NickCrash said:

Well, the discussion seems to have been buried, but I found this article they wrote right after the 2nd suspect test (which didn't ban Hoopa-U just yet).

Feel free to read and smell the bias all through the text

http://www.smogon.com/articles/monotype-suspect-coverage-hoopa

*sniffs* smells like bias covered up with a pile of salt

30 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

"It's predictable, so it's okay."

You know what else is predictable? MEGA MAWILE. I mean that mon only has one common set. And Hoops U had quite a bit more

Because knowing in advance that you will lose makes it perfectly fine and balanced... What a bunch of cheaters!!!