*******'s team (Spoiler)

Maqqy

Spoiler

She won't have a mega indeed. At least in singles battle goes like this. Though keep in mind Amaria is quite disturbed now ( even her Ace, Lapras, was one of the easiest pokes to kill), I think it's possible we will battle her again in the future (if she gets better).

53 minutes ago, Blontary said:

Hide contents

She won't have a mega indeed. At least in singles battle goes like this. Though keep in mind Amaria is quite disturbed now ( even her Ace, Lapras, was one of the easiest pokes to kill), I think it's possible we will battle her again in the future (if she gets better).

Spoiler

I battled her in doubles and she doesn't have one there too. Hopefully we will battle her again to see her full potential with a mega even though without one she would destroy me

1 hour ago, Blontary said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

LOL I had to use sturdy endeavor Aron to kill that thing because her field makes everything faster than all my max speed EV trained Pokemon and my only grass type gets destroyed by blizzard. Only my scarfed Alakazam is faster but I can't OHKO Lapras with that. On my other run I stalled it out with scald Milotic+healing items. Definitely NOT easy to kill.

Anyway, you probably will have some option to rebattle the gym leaders but I see no reason why we would need to battle Amaria again specifically. I'm sure Ame's gonna give Amaria her Reborn X team with 5 legendaries or something equally broken but that has to be in post game. She could still ban us from using legendaries though.

4 hours ago, Gheist said:
  Hide contents

LOL I had to use sturdy endeavor Aron to kill that thing because her field makes everything faster than all my max speed EV trained Pokemon and my only grass type gets destroyed by blizzard. Only my scarfed Alakazam is faster but I can't OHKO Lapras with that. On my other run I stalled it out with scald Milotic+healing items. Definitely NOT easy to kill.

Anyway, you probably will have some option to rebattle the gym leaders but I see no reason why we would need to battle Amaria again specifically. I'm sure Ame's gonna give Amaria her Reborn X team with 5 legendaries or something equally broken but that has to be in post game. She could still ban us from using legendaries though.

Spoiler

I simply trained a chesnaught with ev in atk and hp and kinda destroyed her team. Rotom's setup was annihilated by brick break, kingdra was destroyed by my garchomp, Swampert went down easily, Lapras would only use dive, so it got damage from spiky shield and then got KOed by woodhammer. Actually, all her other pokemon got KOed by woodhammer. Chesnaught really made my day LOL

I would say we will battle Amaria again because she wasn't herself atm, she wasn't really motivated to kick our ass (ehm... Zekrom path), so it's kinda wasted.

5 hours ago, Blontary said:
  Hide contents

I simply trained a chesnaught with ev in atk and hp and kinda destroyed her team. Rotom's setup was annihilated by brick break, kingdra was destroyed by my garchomp, Swampert went down easily, Lapras would only use dive, so it got damage from spiky shield and then got KOed by woodhammer. Actually, all her other pokemon got KOed by woodhammer. Chesnaught really made my day LOL

I would say we will battle Amaria again because she wasn't herself atm, she wasn't really motivated to kick our ass (ehm... Zekrom path), so it's kinda wasted.

Spoiler

setting up power up punch against rotom and having the support on brick break+spiky shield makes the singles really easy, only real problem is ludicolo with ice beam

1 hour ago, DarkMasterKendall said:
  Hide contents

setting up power up punch against rotom and having the support on brick break+spiky shield makes the singles really easy, only real problem is ludicolo with ice beam

Spoiler

A suicidal brave wings from my braviary took care of him ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veterans
59 minutes ago, TheVeryBestLikeNo1EverWas said:
  Hide contents

Amaria is hard? Seems to me that you could beat her doubles team with a single mon, namely a shedinja.

Spoiler

Her singles too.

Spoiler

If you do not have the patience for shedinja horrible attack stat, I used the following strategy, which allows you to beat her without losing a single mon (usefull for those doing nuzlockes):

Team:

Speed boost Ninjask with substitute, protect and baton pass, holding bright powder + garchomp with dragon claw, swords dance and stone edge for azumarill.

turn 1: lead with ninjask and use substitute

turn 2: use protect

turn 3: use substitute

turn 4: use protect

turn 5: use substitute (Rotom exhausts it's pp for hydro pump)

turn 6: use protect (Rotom's volt switch fails + ninjask has +6 spd due to speed boost)

turn 7: use baton pass into garchomp (Rotom's volt switch fails)

turn 8: use swords dance

turn 9: use swords dance

turn 10: use swords dance (+6 atk and +6 spd)

turn 11: use swords dance (to stall out her rotom's reflect)

turn 12: use swords dance (to stall out her rotom's reflect)

turn 13: use swords dance (to stall out her rotom's reflect)

Then recall the frustration of having been forced to chase Amaria in her water maze and proceed to sweep her into a state of crippling depression and suicidal tendencies with your +6 atk +6 spd boosted garchomp

Note that this strategy abuses poor AI and the fact that rotom's offensive moveset consists of hydro pump (5pp) and volt switch. Rotom will exhaust it's pp for hydro pump by turn 5 and use only volt switch which will fail due to garchomp's ground type.

This strategy works with any duo consisting of a mon that can outstall her 5 hydro pumps with protect or substitute, Blissey for example, and any reasonably fast ground type. The ground type has to outspeed her swift swim kingdra, some options are: Garchomp, Excadrill, Krookodile, Gliscor, Nidoking. Switch into rotom while it only has volt switch and spam battle items (dirt cheap on the second floor of obsidia's department store). Bright powder on your speed boost baton passer(if you use one) is optional, which might let you pass on a substitute to your ground sweeper.

Normally I wouldn't devise such cruel tactics, but Amaria's water maze shenanigans left me no choice.

Edited by TheVeryBestLikeNo1EverWas