team help?

Runemance

so i'm completely stuck on who i want to have as the sixth member of my team and figured i'd have other people make the decision for me lmao

currently my team is venusaur, ampharos, rapidash, aegislash + gardevoir!!!

i wanted to go with a more cutesy themed team this time if that helps :3c

edit: i know i have a huge ground type weakness!!

Edited by runemance

Based on your team types, the only thing you can't hit super effectively with STAB is Normal, Fire and Electric, I would opt for a Ground type like Flygon (I know nothing of your opinion on cute), technically your Ghost covers Normal types in the sense that they cant use STAB on it which is to say getting a ground type move and a Fighting type pokemon or a ground type pokemon and a fighting type move would cover ya decently IMO.

Spoiler of a pokemon obtainable in E17 probably not a big secret but still not taking any chances

Spoiler

You could also opt for Silvally and give it a Fighting or Ground Memory disk if ya think it's cute (I think it's cute) (will edit this to include locations of those disks if ya so wanted that info) Memory for Silvally:

Spoiler

No one has claimed the location of Ground Memory yet so unknown but the Fighting Memory is given by the Construction Worker blocking the way to the Ferris Wheel at Agate Circus, look for a topic called Refresh My Memory for a list of all known memory locations

My vote goes to Flygon, which I think is the cutest ground type and 4th cutest dragon type (after altaria, dragonite and goodra, ofc) :P

Also levitate means immune to ground moves unless you happen upon Zygarde and it thousand arrows you lol

Imo we need more cutesy ground and rock type pokemon~

Edited by Candy

I see your team lacks the all mighty Water type. If you're going for a more cutesy theme, I have three recommendations. The first two are either Azumarill or Primarina, depending on if you want a physical or special attacker. Then again, that's also if you want to repeat types. My real third suggestion is what @Zargerth suggested, and pick up a Mantine.

28 minutes ago, runemance said:

wow thank you everyone!! these are all super great suggestions and i appreciate it a lot ;w;

@Candy we really do!!! i want my cutesy soft team but also want it to be balanced... The Struggle

Also what has helped so far is to keep a rotation team and change team for each major battle (gym leaders, boss battles). For instance, I never use Carbink-chan, but I used two for the fire type gym (set up trick room and stealth rock). Reborn isn't like canon games where you can sweep enemies with just one or two mons with type advantage, given that field effects screw you over xD

Yea Flygon with superpower would be ideal here. Hits fire and electric types with EQ, immune to ground and has a strong fighting move for normal types. An alternative would be Rotom-W if you need something more defensive and isn't 4x weak to ice. It's also immune to ground and hits fire types with hydro while resisting both ice and water.

thank you so much again everyone!! :3 i'm probably going to go with either flygon or mantine/azumarill! now it's just a matter of choosing lmao

@Candy yeah tbh i'm already training up some rotation mons on the side because trying to play through the game with just 6 destroyed me ;o;