Vs Amaria

Dream

7 hours ago, Azeria said:

You can probably 6-0 Amaria with Excadrill. Sludge Wave Cradily/Gastrodon to turn the field into Murkwater and then clean sweep. Water moves turn part poison and guess who's immune and can set up swords dances for easy sweeps.

first you have to throw down Swampert, or Excadrill goes down with Hammer Harm or Earthquake, and it will be difficult because in the Murkwater there is still the drop of speed, in addition Amaria need only one Whirlpool to return to Water Surface

8 hours ago, Azeria said:

You can probably 6-0 Amaria with Excadrill. Sludge Wave Cradily/Gastrodon to turn the field into Murkwater and then clean sweep. Water moves turn part poison and guess who's immune and can set up swords dances for easy sweeps like a total BAMF.

Fixed for you. But seriously this is a great strategy. Problem is keeping the mole safe until you manage to set up the field, switching only after you've done so. One should also avoid sending Excadrill out while Swampert is still game, for those Earthquakes will kill it.

Edit: Ninja'd

Edited by Gh0stStark

• Veterans
1 hour ago, Dream said:

first you have to throw down Swampert, or Excadrill goes down with Hammer Harm or Earthquake, and it will be difficult because in the Murkwater there is still the drop of speed, in addition Amaria need only one Whirlpool to return to Water Surface

Just give Excadrill an air balloon for that, and heck, could use Sandstorm too to activate Sand Force or Rush for more power or speed. It literally would only need Rock Slide and any coverage move(Frustration or Brick Breakanyone? :P) Furthermore, given an Air Balloon, Excadrill would be faster than any whirlpool user and just take em out in one shot before they could do much of anything.

10 hours ago, GS BALL said:

Not long ago, Amethyst wrote a daily message in dev blog about episodes being 19. Also, first thing i asked when i got here, was the number of episodes. Old timers round these parts, said exactly the same thing, back then. It is safe to assume we get two leaders per episode remaining... Next episode Scyther and Pseudos, final legends mythicals ultras and final content. I hope, at least. Amethyst was a prankster once or twice, before...

Okay, that makes sense. Yeah I'm sorta new to the forums, in that I only found them last February and my time browsing them fluctuates heavily between like five times a day to like 3 months without checking them once, so I didn't know. But in that case I'm even more hyped for e17 because we get to fight two gym leaders!

I like the idea of turning her field into the murkwater surface since her Water Absorb pokemon would get double field damage and an attempt to use Dive would result in 4x field damage. I agree that a Whirlpool can get you back to where you started, but the suggested Sludge Wavers Cradily and Gastrodon both counter Whirlpool with Storm Drain, so it could work if we fight her in a doubles. You guys keep mentioning Swampert's Earthquake, but ground moves fail in both regular surface and murkwater surface fields. So it would need Hammer Arm to deal with the proposed Excadrill.

Honestly I think Amaria can be as strong as described but there's enough room for counterplay. The whole bulk of her over-powered-ness is focused on the field, mainly your pokemon losing speed due to it.
Remove the field with a Prankster+Misty Terrain Meowstic and fight the fish out of water. Freezing the field also could work provided you manage to pull it off.

Get your own Water pokemon/Swift Swim team and fight the most glorified super soaker fight ever. Ludicolo with Swift Swim will be a heavy threat to her.

Use the built in weakness of the field of amplifiing electric attacks in combination with some speedy pokes holding Air Balloons. Heliolisk comes to mind here, since Dry Skin is bound to come in handy. Emolga, Eelektross and Rotom don't even need the balloons.

Also the mentioned Air Balloon, Levitators or Flying types should prove universally useful to avoid losing speed to the field effect.

Also have you considered a sun team in combination with various Chlorophyll users? You'd halve the Water power and get back to equal footing against non-swift-swimmers.

Edited by BlackRum

Got my strategy and team for her. 

1) Tangrowth, to act as a my physical wall/mixed attacker. 

2) Florges, my special wall. And to deal with her kingdra.

3) Serperior will act as my special sweeper. 

4) Galvantula will help with speed support. 

5) A strong, bulky electric type like rotom-w. 

6) A strong fighting type like gallade or lucario (or something that knows fighting moves) to act as my physical attacker. 

Strategy: I'll lead off with either my tangrowth or florges, depending on whether she leads off with a physical or special attacker. On turn one, they'll use grassy terrain. Both will be given amplifield rocks to give me more turns. Next, I'll try to switch out to galvantula. Interestingly enough, while spikes and toxic spikes do not work in the water field, sticky webs does work. I used a sticky webs leavanny against Valerie in rejuvenation and it worked quite well. I'll then try to sweep her team by spamming leaf storm with my contrary serperior that will get amplified in the grassy terrain. Rotom will be used as my primary electric attacker. It's bulky and levitate should make it exempt from the speed drop on the water field. Finally, a strong fighting type with swords dance like gallade or lucario, or something that knows fighting type moves like aegislash, will act as my physical attacker. I'll probably lean more towards lucario or aegislash since both learn priority moves to act as revenge killers. And they both have strong fighting moves to deal with her lapras.  

Overall, I think she'll be easier than Valerie from Pokemon Rejuveantion since we have a wider variety of pokemon to use against her. 

Edited by T.O.W.A.N.

• Global Mods

I think that an easy way to do this is to use blizzard to turn it into an icy field and the only way to turn it back is to use a fire move like heat wave eruption or flame burst

Even if there's a swampert or someone with a ground type move (wich i highly doubt due to ground types attacks have no effect on water surface) it will turn it into a cave field and if that happens you could get an advanteg by using heat wave or lava plume

So for the blizzard i would highly recommend a lapras with water absorb

So for this battle it could be really hard or a walk in the park

Edited by dragonsbeat
Mispelling

19 hours ago, Gh0stStark said:

Fixed for you. But seriously this is a great strategy. Problem is keeping the mole safe until you manage to set up the field, switching only after you've done so. One should also avoid sending Excadrill out while Swampert is still game, for those Earthquakes will kill it.

Edit: Ninja'd

Someone has pointed out that Earthquake has no effect, so Hammer Harm remains the only pitfall

19 hours ago, Azeria said:

Just give Excadrill an air balloon for that, and heck, could use Sandstorm too to activate Sand Force or Rush for more power or speed. It literally would only need Rock Slide and any coverage move(Frustration or Brick Breakanyone? :P) Furthermore, given an Air Balloon, Excadrill would be faster than any whirlpool user and just take em out in one shot before they could do much of anything.

but the balloon explodes just after an attack, at that point Excadril becomes food for the fish

19 hours ago, AquaLaFlor said:

It's gonna be an interesting fight for me because I've dedicated to playing a mono water run so I'll have to rely on exploiting secondary types and maybe just letting ludicolo go nuts in the rain with giga drain or try to get lapras with freeze dry or something

if you have a lot of Pokémon with rain-related skills, you should do it well, and Ludicolo it's perfect if Amaria do not use a Peliper for the rain

18 hours ago, BlackRum said:

I like the idea of turning her field into the murkwater surface since her Water Absorb pokemon would get double field damage and an attempt to use Dive would result in 4x field damage. I agree that a Whirlpool can get you back to where you started, but the suggested Sludge Wavers Cradily and Gastrodon both counter Whirlpool with Storm Drain, so it could work if we fight her in a doubles. You guys keep mentioning Swampert's Earthquake, but ground moves fail in both regular surface and murkwater surface fields. So it would need Hammer Arm to deal with the proposed Excadrill.

Honestly I think Amaria can be as strong as described but there's enough room for counterplay. The whole bulk of her over-powered-ness is focused on the field, mainly your pokemon losing speed due to it.
Remove the field with a Prankster+Misty Terrain Meowstic and fight the fish out of water. Freezing the field also could work provided you manage to pull it off.

Get your own Water pokemon/Swift Swim team and fight the most glorified super soaker fight ever. Ludicolo with Swift Swim will be a heavy threat to her.

Use the built in weakness of the field of amplifiing electric attacks in combination with some speedy pokes holding Air Balloons. Heliolisk comes to mind here, since Dry Skin is bound to come in handy. Emolga, Eelektross and Rotom don't even need the balloons.

Also the mentioned Air Balloon, Levitators or Flying types should prove universally useful to avoid losing speed to the field effect.

Also have you considered a sun team in combination with various Chlorophyll users? You'd halve the Water power and get back to equal footing against non-swift-swimmers.

I never thought that prankster gives priority to field moves, I'll have to think about it...
there actually seem to be so many ways to facilitate the game, the problem is the risk that Amaria will disintegrate us first

18 hours ago, T.O.W.A.N. said:

Got my strategy and team for her. 

1) Tangrowth, to act as a my physical wall/mixed attacker. 

2) Florges, my special wall. And to deal with her kingdra.

3) Serperior will act as my special sweeper. 

4) Galvantula will help with speed support. 

5) A strong, bulky electric type like rotom-w. 

6) A strong fighting type like gallade or lucario (or something that knows fighting moves) to act as my physical attacker. 

Strategy: I'll lead off with either my tangrowth or florges, depending on whether she leads off with a physical or special attacker. On turn one, they'll use grassy terrain. Both will be given amplifield rocks to give me more turns. Next, I'll try to switch out to galvantula. Interestingly enough, while spikes and toxic spikes do not work in the water field, sticky webs does work. I used a sticky webs leavanny against Valerie in rejuvenation and it worked quite well. I'll then try to sweep her team by spamming leaf storm with my contrary serperior that will get amplified in the grassy terrain. Rotom will be used as my primary electric attacker. It's bulky and levitate should make it exempt from the speed drop on the water field. Finally, a strong fighting type with swords dance like gallade or lucario, or something that knows fighting type moves like aegislash, will act as my physical attacker. I'll probably lean more towards lucario or aegislash since both learn priority moves to act as revenge killers. And they both have strong fighting moves to deal with her lapras.  

Overall, I think she'll be easier than Valerie from Pokemon Rejuveantion since we have a wider variety of pokemon to use against her. 

unfortunately I have never played Rejuvenation, but your tactics seem good to me

17 hours ago, dragonsbeat said:

I think that an easy way to do this is to use blizzard to turn it into an icy field and the only way to turn it back is to use a fire move like heat wave eruption or flame burst

Even if there's a swampert or someone with a ground type move (wich i highly doubt due to ground types attacks have no effect on water surface) it will turn it into a cave field and if that happens you could get an advanteg by using heat wave or lava plume

So for the blizzard i would highly recommend a lapras with water absorb

So for this battle it could be really hard or a walk in the park

I'm also thinking about the same solution and I recently caught Lapras

OP stated she could be scary, i hope too sweep her.

I'll start of with 1) klefki or meostic to set up some shields and then either set-up (2) my garyados, serperior or metagross. Assuming one would faint I'd take vaporeon with me to set up defence stats and use a ground or fire typ after. if thats not enough i'm going with some annoying bulletseed cinccino and fast electrode or alakazam.

but who knows, a team of 6 physical / special attackers would do the trick too.

Inbefore she sets up a wishiwashi with with aqua ring and leftovers or life orb. I don't know but wishiwashi seems a scary mon under the right circumstances

What about starting with a fast grass pokemon with grassy terrain + amplifield rock (Roserade <3) and than spamming grass + electric types till she gives up? Swampert take 4x to grass and lapras would not be fast enough after the change of terrain to use a ice move. I really like using fire pokemon but I think I'll let my Blaziken waiting home for this one. Also, for beating Charlotte I used a full Fire team, wouldn't it work here? Two battlers benefiting from both terrain and rain dance, sounds nice.

I am actually seeking to introduct Palossand just for her in my sandstorm team. Although a well placed/supported Freeze Dry HydroRest Lapras would do some good if she takes advantage of the rain.

On 30/11/2017 at 3:46 AM, Damien said:

If I gotta face Titania SOON in Ep 17 or Ep 18 I will HAVE to count on my Infernape Charizard and Delphox. But knowing FUCKING AME AND HER DIFFICULTY Titania will most likely destroy me about 8 or 10 times.

haha cute

Spoiler

I sincerely expected an harder challenge in these gyms: Amaria slaughtered me three times in single, then I realized that in double it was much simpler and beat her on the second try. The real disappointment, however, was Titania, two attempts were enough to understand what her team was like (and to understand that Donphan with Sturdy is the perfect counter for Aegislash), at the third I won.

But I still have doubts: Amaria does not have a Mega? In double certainly not, in single?

@Dream

Spoiler

Amaria doesn't have a mega at all. This is notably to avoid having a mon outshine Lapras, her ace.

As for me, I found Titania considerably harder than Amy, and Amy herself considerably easier in singles than doubles. So it really depends on the player and their team.

Spoiler

I too found Titania much much more difficult than Amaria. So far I had done 3 mono runs (Psychic, Poison and Fairy) and consistently had more problem with Titania than Amaria. Although that may be because my mono run types are naturally more vulnerable to steel.

Titania's Scizor and Aegislash were nightmares for my Psychic team. Especially Aegislash... Finally beat her with an unexpected MVP: Girafarig. That Normal typing shut down Shadow Sneak and good ol' Girafarig outsped Aegislash so a couple of Revives + Shadow Ball finally took down that damn shield & sword. I chose Double for Amaria and Exeggutor + Jynx swept through her whole team with no switch at all.

Interestingly, mono Poison run had the easiest time against Titania. Probably because I already knew what to expect. Also long live Nido royalties and Toxicroak! Went for Single against Amaria and not much problem too. Venusaur set up Grassy Terrain and my team demolished her in no time at all.

Fairy run against Titania... Do I need to say more? It was pretty painful. Her team is tough but not exceedingly so, except of course the damn Aegislash. In the end I resorted to using Intimidate + Revive combo with Mawile & Granbull against her Aegislash and just let Hail do its job. Cheap tactic but hey, whatever works. Double against Amaria and again she was so laughably easy after Titania that I honestly could not really remember how her team went down.