[IC] ANKL. Part I: Awakening

Shamitako

OOC

(OOC: Relevant title info and atmosphere music)

Spoiler

[FirstName]: Referring to someone by just their first name is a sign of familiarity and friendship. Use this by default with younger siblings or after becoming friends with someone. Adults may also use this when referring to those of equal status such as coworkers

[LastName]: Using only a last name is the standard way of referring to someone of a lower status than yourself. Use this with your underclassmen or direct subordinates. If someone is beneath you simply due to you having a very high status and are not your direct subordinate, refer to them by their respectful title

Miss [FirstName]: A respectful way of referring to someone of a higher status than yourself. Use this with upperclassmen and young adults

Miss [LastName]: A somewhat informal way of referring to a direct superior or authority figure. Use this for teachers and the like, or during casual conversation with your boss

It is currently early spring, the 7th of April to be precise. The characters have just arrived at camp and are unpacking their things in their cabins. Girls are expected to bring a week's worth of clothing and toiletries and are allowed a small amount of personal items for entertainment, including a single electronic device (which will be confiscated should they be caught using it outside personal time or after curfew), any required medication was given to the school staff before leaving and will be administered under the supervision of a nurse. The girls are granted a short time to become acquainted with one another before they must meet with a teacher to get their schedules. Some may know one another already from school, others may be total strangers. The cabins are grouped by Line and hold 3-5 girls each. The eldest is considered the cabin's head, being responsible for ensuring the others make it to events and are in the cabin by curfew.

Each cabin is a single room with a single door and three windows. There are curtains and a rug, colored red, blue, green, or yellow depending on the line associated with the cabin. There are two bunks, as well as a normal bed if there are five girls. A small set of six lockers for storing valuables is placed just inside the door. And a pair of small, single drawer dressers are set up next to each of the bunks (with an extra should there be a fifth cabin member). The room is lit by a single bulb suspended from the center of the ceiling. Those looking for the bathrooms will find them right out the door, as the cabins are constructed in a ring facing these facilities.

Cabin 3: Esyllt, Platinum, Riley, Lexi

(OOC: Depending on what month Plat is born in, either she or Essylt is the eldest)

Though they had only arrived fifteen minutes earlier, the inhabitants of Cabin 3 were largely finished unpacking already. This was largely thanks to the pushy attitude of one Lexi Aislin, who seemed to be trying to throw off her slacker reputation by making everyone in the cabin work as hard as they could. Having worn herself out five minutes earlier, she now lay on the floor doing nothing of use while the others finished shoving their things wherever they could fit them. The dressers were too small for clothes, so toiletries were tossed into those to be embarrassingly mixed up at a later point. Although bedding was provided, the beds still had to be made, which proved a challenge due to the lower clearance of the higher bunks. Some stuff went into the crappy lockers, but the most valuable items were kept on each person. A specific item stuck out among those that had been unpacked, Riley had brought a sword. She was actually rather infamous for carrying it around with her at school, no one was entirely certain what strings she had to pull to get a weapon allowed on school grounds and nobody really wanted to ask. Supposedly it held sentimental value, a family heirloom of some kind. Whatever her reason, Riley seemed innocent enough to keep it from being much of a threat, so it was easy enough to put out of mind.

Cabin 2: Arturia, Sharp, Naya

(OOC: Arturia is the eldest of these three)

The story was much different in Cabin 2, where two of the inhabitants were adamantly opposed to doing any unpacking until they'd gotten at each other's throats. Naya, for whatever reason, was sitting on one of the lower bunks pouting because she didn't get whatever roommates she had been hoping. Sharp had given this attitude all of two seconds before telling her to get over it. The resulting argument had not been made with words, but rather angry glares. Eventually Naya had backed off, but now, in addition to her earlier attitude, she refused to do anything because Sharp was mean to her. And Sharp was being equally stubborn, refusing to do anything until Naya did. And unfortunately for Arturia, she was the eldest of the three, meaning it was her job to make certain they were unpacked and ready to go in time to get their schedules. If they weren't, she would be the one held responsible for the pair's mutual tantrum. So she either had to unpack all of their things herself or find some way to force the other two to help her, which was seeming like an unlikely outcome at this point.

Cabin 6: Kaede, Alva, Haley, Cici

(OOC: Unless Kaede's birthday is within the next couple weeks, which I have used my GM powers to decide it is not, Cici is the boss here)

Cabin 6 was having a predicament of its own. Their cabin head had unpacked herself (it had taken her all of five minutes) and was now lounging on one of the upper bunks playing a video game. This wouldn't keep them from completing their chore, Kaede, Alva, and Haley would do fine dealing with their own items. The issue was how noisy, disruptive, and un-cabin-head-like she was being. Right now it was just a minor disruption in the form of angry muttering interrupted occasionally by angry yelling, but later of having such an irresponsible cabin head seemed likely to prove detrimental. Haley was clearly to nervous to say anything, what with jumping a little whenever Cici unleashed a burst of profanities, meaning it was up to Kaede or Alva to correct their supposed upperclassman's behavior.

Staff Cabin 4: Arya

Arya had been rather surprised when she was taken aside by a teacher upon exiting the bus and told she would be getting, "special accommodations." Such things were generally reserved for problem students. It wasn't like she had any choice in the matter, so she had followed as she was led to one of the staff cabins. The cabins for staff were a tad smaller than those for the students and possessed no vertical windows, only a small skylight placed just past the entrance. They had a single bunk bed in the back right with a pair of those frustratingly small single-drawer dressers next to it. Two lockers (notably more secure-looking than those provided to students) were placed near the door. And a pair of writing desks were set side-by-side against the left wall. With everything being paired, it was expected that she would have another delinquent as her roommate, but at the moment they seemed entirely absent. She noticed a folded note on the closer desk with her name written on the outside. She recognized the handwriting immediately, it seemed that for whatever reason the school's Mother had placed her in this room.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arturia held her nose in that way that one might expect from one's mother immediately before a tongue lashing. She just wanted to sit down and read for a bit, was that so hard. Did things need to be this difficult? She inhaled deeply, trying to keep calm. Not really succeeding, but the attempt was made. "Alright, listen. You didn't get whoever you were hoping for, Lesta, but nobody cares. I don't want to have roommates at all, but you don't see me throwing a tantrum about it." Normally she wouldn't be this direct, but she'd been pushed far past the point of huddling in her book and hoping the issue would resolve itself. She took a breath again. "It's not helping anyone if you refuse to unpack. That goes for you too, Aker. You know just as well as I do that refusing to do your part because someone else is being a pain in the ass is stupid." She wasn't afraid to do it all herself, but tried to avoid vocalizing her urge to throttle the two responsible for making her do all the work.

Sharp

Sharp wasn't the petty sort, so something childish like this didn't sit well with him. But he was most certainly the stubborn sort, and had no intention of giving in anytime soon. So when Naya shifted her glasses and looked away from Arturia with a huff, it didn't exactly put him in a complying mood. "I'll help when she does." He said firmly, though the high pitch of his voice didn't lend itself much to being firm.

"Oh my fucking-" Arturia slammed the book she had in her hands down on a nearby desk, walked up to Naya, and seized the other girl by her shoulders. "I swear to Nayru I will slap the everliving shit out of you if you keep trying to pull this shit. Now unpack your shit." She wasn't a practicing Nayrist, but had grown up around them, and the linguistic habits (which might inspire horror in some of those relatives) remained. She released the other girl and stepped back, gaze still irate. "Don't be a fucking child. Both of you," she said, giving Sharp another hard glare. "Alexus's tits, it's not that hard. It is literally taking things out of boxes and putting them on shelves. Something that isn't magically impeded because one person feels like they're just above doing it." 

Platinum herself was... Surprisingly quiet as she worked to store her things as efficiently as possible, keeping everything as organized as they could, given the circumstance, which was more than she could personally say for her 'roommates'... Which, thankfully, wasn't where her metaphorical black cloud was coming from. For the most part, Platinum could care less about what said roommates were doing; as long as they kept her from getting into trouble, she was fine. Aislin lazing around? She was fine. Callan carrying her sword around (which she STILL didn't understand how she got permission to do so)? She was fine.

What she was NOT fine about was the fact that she was stuck in a cabin that was designated as Alexian, WITH THREE OTHER ALEXIANS. Normally, it really wouldn't have been a problem, she was a non-practicer herself, but generally, from her own experience... Those that followed Alexus sort of didn't have much capability for being responsible. What made it even worse was that she wasn't even the head of this cabin, since Esyllt had gotten that 'honor'.

... Well, as long as she did what she was supposed to, it didn't really matter. She just had to keep things organized and neat, and then she'd be fine. Fighting over who really was in charge of this wasn't worth it, in her opinion.

"Come on girl, you shouldn't be lying on the ground. You don't know how clean the floor is," Esyllt said with a gentle tone, before scooping up Lexi like a princess. And then proceeding to throw her onto one of the bottom bunks. She gave Lexi a mischievous grin, before turning to the inhabitants of the cabin. From the looks of it, Esyllt had assumed she was the oldest among the four. Normally she was terrible at judging the ages of others, but she figured one of them would correct her if she was wrong. "I'm just going to keep talking, so you all can continue unpacking. My name is Esyllt Morrianas, and it looks like I will be the cabin head this year. That being said, I would rather you think of it as just a formality."

Truthfully, she didn't want the responsibility of being cabin head. Esyllt wasn't the bossy type to begin with, as she believed in having a laissez-faire attitude.

"You can just talk to me as a peer, and that will suffice. If you have any questions about the camp, feel free to ask. But most of all, just have fun with it. So until we have to get the schedules from the teachers, why don't we all introduce ourselves? Just your name is fine, but it'd be nice to say something about yourself."

Kaede

Kaede didn't pay any mind to the ongoing rowdiness in the cabin. Her leader being a terrible one would only cause issues for her, so Kaede couldn't really muster up a care in the world about it. The noise didn't really annoy her either, it was loud yes but she could still focus on her task at hand so it was no bother. Let children be children she thought to herself. Unpacking was rather quick for Kaede, as she had no true personal effects with her. She brought nothing with which to entertain herself with. lnstead she just sat on her bed, pondering things to herself. ln a way one could think of it as if she was daydreaming to some extent. Perhaps, she'd write it down later and record her thoughts, but for now she just thought silently to herself as the madness unfolded around her.

Arya

Arya's thoughts had gone from worry to perplexion, as she had begun to look around the cabin and found the note from Mother Opium. Part of her hesitated to pick it up, questioning just what she could've possibly done to earn the woman's ire- something which she went very much out of her way to try and avoid whenever possible. Of course, that was more out of simple respect than fear though; afterall, were it not for her kindness, she'd not be getting an education at all right now, in all likelihood.

But an even bigger part of her wanted to get it over with, figure out what precisely was going on... as much possibility as there was she'd been singled out for disciplinary reasons, there was just as much, if not more, that there could've been another purpose here. But either way, being a coward and leaving the note where it was served no one, especially not herself.

And so she picked up the paper, unfolded it, and took a look at it's contents...

Lexi

Lexi just sort of groaned as Esyllt tossed her about. She sort of appreciated being put in the bed, but at the same time she was too worn out to care. It had probably been silly of her to put all of her energy into rush-unpacking, but she really wanted to show how responsible she could be. She perked up slightly when introductions were suggested, though she didn't actually respond and introduce herself. The first to respond was actually her sis Riley. Lexi and Riley had been friends for literally their entire lives. They had been born on the same day and lived nearby one another, such that their mothers would get together often. "Introductions, huh?" She said, seeming rather happy to have a go of it, "I'm Riley Callan. I like swords and fortune-telling." she looked expectantly at Lexi, but Lexi didn't feel like going next so Lexi stayed quiet.

Sharp

Arturia's shaking seemed to come off as rather jarring to Naya, her eyes shot wide open with fear and instead of being huffy she simply nodded and started unpacking her things. Seeing that the other girl was doing her job, Sharp no longer had anything to be stubborn over. He also remained silent as he began unpacking. There was still a heavy air of tension in the room as they worked, but after some time they finished. Unfortunately, it took Naya long enough that she recovered from being literally shaken up. "I'm finished." she announced. But she wasn't finished at all, as she continued, "You know you shouldn't resort to brutish violence so easily, it's not befitting of a follower of logic."

Once the introductions started to roll around, Platinum, rather quietly, sighed, putting her last object where it was supposed to go before turning around, "My name is Platinum Mirazaki" she stated simply, her face utterly passive as she sat on one of the bunks, her twintails draping over the side, "... I personally like chess and history" she added after a moment with a small shrug. She wasn't one that really enjoyed introductions, but she'd most likely be forced to introduce herself anyway, nothing much she could do about it.

Arya

The note read:

"Arya,

I'm sorry to spring this on you so suddenly, but I'm having you room with Natalie. She's been difficult as of late. She responds well to you, I'd appreciate if you could find what's troubling her and help her through it.

Even if that's too troublesome, I thought you might like having a room away from the others. These outings tend to cause people to get rather personal, it seemed best you avoid that for now.

Blessings,

Mother Opium"

It was pretty unusual for Mother Opium to do something like this out of the blue. Whatever was going on with Natalie was probably pretty serious. Arya and Natalie didn't interact much at school, mostly because Natalie felt a need to act like a massive bitch in public, but privately they were far from strangers, though it had been at least half a year since they had met privately. Natalie was among the few who knew about Arya's past. And in turn Arya was one of the few who knew about Natalie's own struggles with her birth and abandonment. Natalie seemed to trust Arya, so if something really was wrong, Arya was most likely to be able to get it out of her.

(OOC: I have attempted to avoid directly stating how Arya feels about Natalie while still establishing a general concept of their relationship. It was hard and I probably failed)

"Well, refusing to do something you need to do because you're pissy you didn't get your way isn't very logical either. Furthermore, the fact that you did what I said proves the logic behind the actions." She inhaled deeply. I really do need to just, calm down though. . . Exhaling, she spoke again. "Now are we done playing games like this? I'd rather not have to yell at people going forward." Or do twice the work because you decided it wasn't important enough for you to bother with at the moment, and left it for me. Barring any other interruptions, she'd pick up her book and flop over onto her bed - one of the bottom bunks. 

Truth be told, Alva was a tad confused about why she was in this room in particular (With a bunch of Kallistles, when mostly they were divided by Line? Alrighty then), but assumed the teachers had some sort of logic here she wasn't seeing. Oooor it was one of the mildly infamous camp mix ups that had set her here. She didn't mind either way - camp was camp, and she hoped to thoroughly enjoy it. 

That said, her particular cabin mates... not so great. "'scuuuuse me, Cici? Could I talk to you a sec?" she said cheerfully, standing at the bed and waiting for the cabin head to give her some attention. 

Kaede

"hmmm, so she's going to speak up huh? A fruitless endeavor. Honestly should just leave the girl get in trouble on her own, the problem deals with itself, little lamb." Kaede thought to herself seeing the other girl begin to confront their so called "leader". lt wasn't worth expending the energy on. Kaede would keep to her schedule and tasks perfectly, she always did. She wasn't one to be late, not out of any feeling of obligation however. More due to the lack of involvement usually given to the subject at hand. She never felt attachment to anything she was doing so she could easily set it down and move on to the next task if she so needed. Her broken soul in some ways was a boon that worked for her. She wondered what would unfold due to this development but did not pay too much heed. lt was interesting but she was sure she'd be able to hear the results of it regardless if she wanted to or not, so she didn't need to pay close attention to the event. 

She just continued dreaming in her head. She decided to leaf through some of the books she'd memorized from her avid readings sessions with a friend. She searched through her mental library, looking for any stories she'd not "read" in a long while. She never really owned her books, she mostly borrowed them from Arturia... so she had to memorize them to keep them. lt was a skill she was rather apt at due to doing it several times. She was a bit disappointed to not be with her at camp, however it was liable to be such as they were in different lines. A pity. Kaede wondered if Arturia had finished anything that she could then read. lt was one thing she was capable of looking forward to with at least some excitement. 

((Lexi, you did fine, don't worry about it))

"...oh." was all she really had to say to the note. Well on the bright side, she hadn't somehow fucked up badly enough to be sent here as a delinquent, so that was good... on the other hand though, Natalie apparently had. Which.... brought the situation back into the negative in terms of factors. She always had tried to convince the younger girl that her... act in public really wasn't necessary... encourage her to stop being so hard on herself, try and get her to see she really was fine the way she was and the overactive critical voice in the back of her mind was just that- overactive.

Really, Natalie's biggest flaw by far was her habit of resorting to Alpha Bitch mode as a preemptive defense mechanism of sorts, not any of the insecurities or other perceived flaws she carried about herself. If she could just stop and realize that she was creating a self-fulfilling prophecy by making other girls' lives shit and tormenting them, well, things would be much easier, not just for Natalie herself, but everyone else too. There really wasn't that much to defend against or compensate for as the younger girl kept reinforcing to herself.... but the more and more she antagonized them, the more girls in the school really would begin to hate her and repay her antagonisms in retaliation... and it would keep feeding back into itself as a vicious cycle. A cycle that Arya preferred not to just stand by and watch as a friend, who was far more capable than she gave herself credit for, and also a far better person underneath than the bitchy persona she wore suggested, stayed trapped in.

"I guess she... took it up a notch or something," She sighed, thinking back over the past year and half... it had definitely been a while since they'd last talked. "anyway, I'll try, I guess. Not like I've had much luck getting it to stick in the past, but... that's probably because we don't get the chance to actually talk but every so often. With the extra time here though.... who knows, maybe it'll be different?"

Or maybe it was the final nail in the coffin and there really wasn't anything she could do anymore. But she didn't say that part, she really wasn't in the mood to be snarky, given the situation. Plus, contradictory as it may be to how she usually regarded people's natures, she really did want to believe that Natalie could change for the better, if given enough encouragement, and if natalie herself really wanted to.

Haley

Haley thought for a moment that Alva might actually stop Cici's disruptive behavior, but her hopes were dashed when Cici didn't even look up from her game. What is i- FIST YOUR MOM, FUCKFACE! -t Hill?" she asked dismissively. It was almost impressive how she managed to curse halfway through a single syllable word so effortlessly. Haley wasn't so impressed, however, and she visibly jumped at the sudden outburst. She didn't like dealing with loud people, people who cursed a lot, and especially not people who cursed loudly. This whole situation was making her very nervous, she was already regretting coming along on to this retreat.

Kaede

"Hmmm, went about as well as expected. l wonder how long she will persist? l'd probably stop bashing my head into a brick wall as soon as it started bleeding but... l wonder if this girl knows it is a brick wall she has come up against." Kaede was correct, she'd hear the failure. She wasn't expecting much of a positive result of this,but she'd not truly be surprised whatever happened. Kaede was used to human nature at this point. They'd tend to stand their ground unless something would cause them to break down on that position. A good, a service, just what they wanted to hear, etc. One needed some sort of social leverage to move forward in such an exchange. She was sure this girl wasn't about to figure out what she'd need to to get their leader to change her tune.

lt was pointless exercise in futility. As a result Kaede absentmindedly continued flipping through books in her memory library. She noticed the other girl at this point as well but didn't really pay her much mind. Her body language showed she wasn't comfortable with the situation taking place. Perhaps she did not like dealing with types such as their leader? lt was the only real inciting force that Kaede could think of in this instance. Well unless she was afraid of conflict itself, either way there was nothing to be done. Kaede lay back in her bed to cut off some of the points of stimulus in the room, and just doubled down her efforts looking through her books.

Sharp

Naya didn't take Arturia's rebuttal very well. "Well. I. You." She stammered ineffectively before scowling and returning to her previous grumpy state. At least this time she didn't have obligations to fulfill. Sharp, for his part, stayed silent on the matter. His stubbornness would only add further to the problem again. But there was another matter he couldn't stay silent on. "Um, Miss Arturia?" He said, "It's time to get our schedules." They'd only been given half an hour to unpack, and they'd wasted the first ten minutes on arguing, so it was already time to head out.

Lexi

Since everyone else had gone, Lexi seemed stuck taking a turn. She sat up on the bed with an exaggerated groan. "Am Lexi Aislin, just call me Lexi. I like books, games, cartoons, comics, video games, paper airplanes, and the color blue." As she listed these off, she counted along one hand, but somehow when she was finished, she only had four fingers up. Noticing this, she quickly stowed her hand behind her back. "So yeah, that's, uh, that's me and stuff. Also we might want to get our schedules now."

Natalie

Just as Arya finished reading the note, her roommate decided to arrive. Acting as though she weren't ten minutes late, Natalie walked directly to the bed and threw her duffle bag on the lower bunk. she also had a rolling suitcase with her, which she set next to the dressers and made no effort to unpack. She sat on the bed looking somewhere between angry and hurt, it seemed likely she hadn't planned on being treated as a delinquent. Though she had definitely noticed Arya, she seemed to refuse to notice her presence, causing an uncomfortable silence to grow between them.

"Shit." And here she'd been hoping for a moment of peace. Arturia scrambled back up off her bed, deftly dogearing the page she was on before turning toward the door. She took one step, and paused to think. The silver-haired girl turned, grabbed a different but equally intimidatingly-sized book from her shelf before spinning back toward the door. "Let's go, then," she said simply, stepping out and holding the door open for the other two girls - partially to make sure the resident problem child actually moved this time.

Arya

Several long ticks on the clock dragged by, as the silence continued. Arya already knew it's reign would be even longer if she didn't break it now.

"Hey, Natalie... " She finally said. It was a better ice breaker than simply standing there staring at each other, plus the greeting distracted her from the incessant motion of the clock hands. She took just a few nanoseconds to weigh her options of how to continue, sticking her hand into the pocket of her hoodie, and the crumbled note concealed in her fist with it. Acting like she'd been sent here for pissing off one of the instructors or something(which actually wasn't all that bullshit for her, there were at least a few teachers who didn't appreciate her snark and made it quite clear, even if she did manage to keep some of the highest grades in their damn classes...) wasn't particularly something she wanted to do. At the same time, however she also doubted Natalie would be willing to open up if she knew right off the bat her own Mother had set this up as an mini-intervention of  sorts... "didn't really expect to find you as my roommate here, not that I got anything to complain about...except maybe the fact we're both apparently 'delinquents' now for some reason"

She'd may not have liked it, but it was better to try and keep it natural for now. Arya would be act as she'd always did, when they talked in private like this. Hell, chances are even if Mother Opium hadn't given notice and explicitly asked for her help here, She still would've ended up trying to figure out what was wrong on her own "I uh...know it's been awhile since we last got a chance to talk. How have things been holding up for you?"

Natalie

Natalie contemplated how much to say for a moment before answering, "Mom decided I needed a time out. She says I've been talking back to her and my teachers too much and that I need to get my attitude in check." She looked down to avoid meeting Arya's gaze. "She's right, I have been pretty troublesome. It's just." She trailed off.

After a much shorter silence, Natalie took off her glasses and wiped her reddened eyes. "I don't think I want to talk about this right now." she said, "Can we just unpack our things and get our schedules?" She smiled weakly in an attempt to show positivity, adding, "And can I assume you're also in for talking back to a teacher?"

At Aislin's comment towards the schedules, Platinum actually seemed to freeze for a second, before getting up with a small sigh, "Right. Good thing we already got everything unpacked" she said, turning to walk towards the door. It was more so an initiative thing, there wasn't much reason for her to stay around, as Esyllt would probably lead them out anyway.

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY

Arya

A flash of worry, but not exactly surprise, showed on Arya's face as she actually saw the girls eyes and how she wiped them. But she just nodded, setting down her own bag onto the deck- a medium sized army rucksack, the former owner's name scratched out on the label and replaced with her own.

"Yeh... sure thing, Natalie." she said "And yeah... but they kinda deserved it in the moment, at least I think so; I'm not even that surprised anymore though, a few of them are bound to have me on their personal shit list by now...my actual grade and participation in their class be damned." she chuckled and returned the girl's smile, thinking about it. It really was funny, her ending up in this cabin even without Natalie could've been a very real possibility, given how much she irked some of her instructors "Hell, some teachers I have are actually pretty chill about it, but others... weeeell not so much. Those ones in particular are probably who put my name out there for this. They could really learn a thing or two about just rolling with the occasional quip or bit of satire, instead of getting all red in the face and flustered."

Alva didn't have much of a reaction to the random swearing, since it (probably) wasn't directed at her. "Well, while I'm sure your opponents deserve the swearing, if a teacher comes in to you cursing so loud or something we might get in a bit of trouble. Or if you get too absorbed, you might end up missing something. Maybe, since you're the cabin head, try to pay a bit more attention?" 

Kaede

Speaking of paying attention Kaede wondered if the others had even noticed the time for them to get their schedules had arrived. They should set out soon. She wasn't sure how quickly this issue would resolve itself however. Their leader didn't seem to be the complying type, having basically blown off Alva entirely with her tone. Kaede would be surprised if she'd ever managed any progress. The smaller girl, certainly would be of no help either shaking like a leaf as she was. So, rather than go down with the sinking ship or get pulled down in the undertow, she'd get free beforehand. The other girls had seemed to ignore her presence or even notice she existed at all. lt'd not be all that hard to just get up and walk out while the rest of them were all clearly occupied with... whatever this was.

Kaede just got up, and without a single word, left their cabin. lt was not her responiblity that the rest of them get their schedule, it was their leader's. The only person she need worry about was herself in this situation. Kaede didn't see a reason to be late on the account of others. She headed directly to where she was supposed to be aiming to get her schedule so she new the general locations she was meant to be for the day. lf she had to do so independently of her group... so be it.