[IC] Bullet Hell

Shamitako

"Huh. Sounds just like a person back home. There was a human - I guess some people thought she was part of some kinda secret youkai-fighting ninja clan? - that supposedly guided other people back and forth through the Forest of Magic to Eientei to get medicine and such. I never had a reason to go myself, though, so it's not like I ever met her." She shrugged. "Personally I think that if someone was actually a ninja, nobody would have any idea. Unless it's one of those hide-in-plain sight things. I dunno, I'm not really an infiltrator, I just punch stuff." She grinned a bit. "Don't suppose there are any positions around for 'professional thing-puncher?'" she asked jokingly.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rodin

The barkeep chuckled. "These ain't got nothin' to do with your power, I just thought you might like snakes." He explained, "These babies were forged using the soul of demon by the name of Lamia. Nasty little lady; had a habit of swallowin' kids whole. They'll do their job nicely in the arena." He handed the second knife to Terumi. "There's an empty place at the corner, previous owner got axed, put your name on the door and its yours. In the morning, head south, back towards the welcome platform, and ask around for Ashuri. Tell her Rodin sent you and she'll set you up with a job."

Terumi acquires a new Shot.

Spoiler

Lamia (Shot) [30]

• Power: 5
  • Rate: 11
  • Spread: 8
  • Devour[6]: Every third hit pulls the opponent one space closer to the user. If they reach the user's space their move is reduced to 0 next turn.

Saki

Saki wasn't sure why Suguri didn't recognize her, but she didn't have time to dwell on it. "We'll talk about it later." She smiled reassuringly. Her next line was spoken to the entire room. "Rooms are free for newbies on their first two nights, after that you need to pay if you haven't found a place of your own. It's two people to a room, I've got a lot of space but the less you take up the better. Tomorrow's breakfast and dinner are included." She paused for half a breath to break up her spiel, "As for how you can pay, we trade in crystal coins called prysma. The green coins are one prysma, the blues five prysma, reds ten, and purples fifty. You can earn them by working for a shopkeep, selling goods at a shop of your own, working as a gatherer in the eastern fields and selling materials to shops, or... betting on matches. You should have ten red prysms hidden somewhere on your person, Abyss in all of her sadistic kindness gives them to newbies without telling them." Saki smiled again once her explanation was complete.

(OOC: For clarity, the currency is prysma and the individual coins are prysms.)

Mokou

Much like a ninja, Mokou silently slipped out of the building while everyone was distracted by Saki. No one noticed her leave, she was simply there one moment and gone the next. She had completed her task of delivering the newcomers to Saki's, there was no reason for her to remain.

Sakuya

As the Oni spoke, Sakuya couldn't help but notice how Mokou, in all of the 'excitement', had vanished without a word. Seeing that, Sakuya couldn't help but smile a little bit, a motion that would be extremely difficult to see by almost anyone, "Hm... Hard to say. I'm sure you can find one of the smiths in town, they'd likely like someone with your kind of strength" she replied with her own shrug. After that, Sakuya remained silent as Saki explained how the currency and how her place worked, eventually moving past the group to stand nearby Saki, turning to the group, posture refined and elegant as ever. 

Terumi

Swiftly, almost instantaneously, Terumi had spun the knife in his hand, sliding it into his pocket, doing the same with the other knife, "Well then, you'd be correct. These things better perform well" he said, standing up from his seat, grabbing his glass of sake and quickly downing the rest of it, before practically slamming it back down on the counter, "Hopefully your 'Ashuri' has something worth my time... Rodin" he finished, then began to walk away, moving towards the corner that had an available room for him.

He needed time to think anyways.

• 4 weeks later...

Terumi

The building Rodin had directed Terumi to was exactly as drab as every other building he'd seen. The door had several names scrawled on it in various ways, but all had been scratched out to the point of being unreadable. The inside was equally sparse as the outside, the barren stone room being empty save for a pair of ragged blankets tossed haphazardly in the corner and a small candle mounted on the back wall.

Terumi

Needless to say, Terumi did not have much expectations for a 'free room', and yet even then, as he slammed the door behind him, he managed to become disappointing at the barren room, along with his growing frustration increasing even further, which at this point he didn't even think was possible.

First, he was nearly killed by that damn mutt. Then, instead of letting him die, he was brought here for that bitch's amusement. THEN that piece of trash decided to be a smartass, at a time where Terumi had an extremely short fuse, and when he got into his first fight, some little girl manages to beat him. HIM. And now here he stood in some run down, barely worth a penny room. If he didn't know better, he could've sworn that he was practically just some nobody, instead of the god that he was.

With a heavy sigh, Terumi put his hand in his pocket, lifting up one of the knives given to him by Rodin, turning it slightly so the blade caught the candlelight. Right now, he couldn't afford to make much enemies, that was for sure. He already had Trash and the big bitch against him, and he currently needed allies to get him to a more comfortable position in this place. Most importantly, he needed RESPECT. It was obvious that no one here knew who they were truly dealing with, and it was high time Terumi ended the damn conga line of humility and showed them.

He WOULD show them. Slowly but surely, anyone who joked at his expense would learn to fear the one true Susano'o. Especially the head of this place.

All he needed... Was time.

The sheriff tilts his hat as he takes a seat. He just watches her for a few moments before finally speaking, deciding that the shy one wasn't about to strike up a conversation.

"Good win back there. Didn't really see it coming."

He sounds pleasant enough as he speaks.

Nibiiro

"..." It was an accident. Nibiiro was actually glad for once that nobody here could understand her. It actually sounded like she was being praised for winning. It didn't make sense to her, but she was too nervous to argue. She shoved the rest of the cookie in her mouth and grabbed the pencil. "It surprised me too." She wrote, turning the pad around so her opponent could see it.

The Sheriff stares at the pad for a few seconds. It had been a while since he had needed to read and it was in a language he hadn't used in a bit too boot. That said, he nods and looks up to the alien.

"Take it that you don't do this very often then? That tends to be a fairly normal reaction from newbies as far as I know at least."

Nibiiro

The alien girl shook her head almost imperceptibly. She wrote on the pad again. "I have to fight a lot. I don't like fighting." She was just supposed to be an observer, but she always seemed to get caught up in fighting for one reason or another.

Sheriff shrugs after reading the response.

"That's just the way the cookie crumbles. If you wanted to fight then I'd have to say there's something wrong with you in the head."

The man twirls a finger by his temple. If the girl had to guess he was likely trying to be funny.

Nibiiro

"It's going to be hard not go crazy here." Nibiiro wrote. She picked up another cookie and started nibbling at it. She also lightly nudged the supply of cookies forward to indicate she was willing to share.

Shinobu nodded. "Right then. Assume you wanna room with me, Rei? Unless you found a girlfriend while I wasn't looking." She evidently wasn't going to let this place get to her. "Anyway, I'll go huntin' for a job tomorrow. Sure I can find something, though I gotta wonder how they get anything done if people randomly get grabbed to go kill each other. For now, though, I'm gonna get properly drunk. Anyone care to join?"

The sheriff shrugs at that. He points to the mask as he speaks to indicate that he can't eat without removing it.

"Yeah, I don't imagine any therapists got sucked up here the very least... Sounds like other new people are thinking of getting jobs, you thinking of that as well?"

• 1 month later...

I'm so sorry, I thought I was waiting but I wasn't >_< I kinda need to remember what I was going to do, for the moment have a Nibiiro for Sheriff

Nibiiro

Nibiiro shook her head. Not so much to mean she wasn't going to get a job as she wasn't thinking about it. She didn't really know what she could do, she was supposed to be an observer and she wasn't even any good at that. It seemed like she failed at everything she did. So she didn't want to think about finding work, it was a frightening prospect that she wanted to ignore for as long as she could get away with ignoring it.