[IC] Bullet Hell

Shamitako

Sheriff vs. Nibiiro, Turn 2

Sheriff: Occupy 9. Heavy Crossbow 14.

2 direct hits, 2 side hits. 1 side graze, 5 far grazes.

Loses 74 HP. Gains 26 energy.

HP: 0/48

Energy: 90/154

Nibiiro: Occupy 13. Alien Beam 9.

1 direct hit, 1 side hit. 2 side grazes.

Loses 50 HP. Gains 52 Energy.

HP: 0/30

Energy: 124/170

Both players are reduced to 0 HP, Nibiiro landed more direct hits than Sheriff, thus she is the winner. Sheriff rolls a 4, he survives and his Death Counter is increased by 1.

(OOC: When you die and don't get shattered by a failed death roll, the number you rolled flashes in front of you and then nothingness. Later you'll respawn in the city the same as everyone else)

Terumi vs. Rei, Turn 2

Terumi: Occupy 20. Serpent’s Laceration 14.

2 side hits. 0 grazes.

Loses 22 HP. Gains 25 energy.

HP: 23/45

Energy: 75/160

Rei: Occupy 15. Magic Missile Spam 19

1 side hit. 5 side grazes, 7 far grazes.

Loses 2 HP. Gains 47 energy.

HP: 34/36

Energy: 97/146

Nibiiro

Two bolts from the enemy's crossbow smacked into Nibiiro, one in her stomach and the other her arm. She was sent flying backwards. Just before everything went black, "WIN" flashed in front of her. If this was winning, she didn't want to do it ever again.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the laser impacted Sheriff's chest and left a gaping hole he was struck with a slight feeling of deja vu. He didn't have time to think on it though as his suddenly exposed insides drained his life. A halo briefly appeared over his head before shattering with a distinctive noise. He'd be back.

Rei had leapt forward, hand extended, and fired off a barrage of magic missiles at her opponent. Just a moment later, more snakes appeared... and they all went wide, except for one that clipped one of her horns. She saw to of the projectiles hit their target solidly - this wasn't so bad. "You talk really impressively, and you put out a lot of shots - that's good! Work on your aim a bit and you'll be a really fun fight!" she said, giving him a toothy grin before continuing the battle. 

Akemi vs. Mokou

Akemi: Occupy 24. Curtain Call 18.

0 hits. 1 side graze, 1 far graze.

Loses 0 HP. Gains 13 energy.

HP: 45/45

Energy: 63/138

Mokou: Occupy 19. Phoenix Talons 22

1 side hit. 1 side graze, 1 far graze.

Loses 11 HP. Gains 16 energy.

HP: 4/15

Energy: 86/142

Mokou

As always, being pulled into these fights was a bit of an inconvenience, but Mokou wasn't too concerned about it. Her opponent was among the newcomers, although she'd had little interaction with this one. She charged in and slashed at him with a set of flaming talons, taking a blow to her shoulder from his attack as she did so. Her attack failed to connect and she backed off. She wouldn't be able to move as effectively next turn, it was unlikely her body could take the hit. So now she needed to see whether this was an opponent worth spending her energy on or if she should just let him have his win.

Terumi

When the second wave of attacks came forth, Terumi began snickering to himself as the torrent of smaller, less dense snakes began to pour out of that portal he had created before. But, as he did so, two missiles suddenly tore through the wave, hitting, and exploding, directly with Terumi as he straightened and tried to move out of the way. The explosion caused Terumi to fly off his feet, doing a full backflip until he landed back on his feet, skidding a few feet back despite that, and forcing Terumi to quickly draw out a knife and jab it into the ground to slow himself.

Once he finally stopped though, he straightened, glaring at Rei and growling ever so slightly, some smoke rising off of his chest where both rockets had hit him, "Compliments aren't going to get you anywhere against me, but it's a good thing at least ONE person here has a brain" he stated, crouching slightly to continue the battle as another portal opened up behind him, "But, if you really wanted something fun, let me GIVE YOU something fun" he added with a growl.

He did in fact register the fact that there was a (maybe unintentional, maybe intentional) insult in Rei's comment, which was probably why he was still planning on killer her along with everyone else. Or at least give her severe brain damage. Either one worked for him.

Terumi vs. Rei, Turn 3

Terumi: Occupy 20. Wrath of the Basilisk 15.

1 side hit, 1 far hit. 1 side graze, 3 far grazes. Inescapable turns 1 side graze into a side hit.

Loses 30 HP. Gains 49 energy.

HP: 0/45

Energy: 124/160

Rei: Occupy 17. Magic Missile Spam 23.

3 direct hits, 1 side hit. 2 side grazes, 2 far grazes.

Loses 28 HP. Gains -2 energy.

HP: 6/36

Energy: 95/146

Terumi has been reduced to 0 HP, Rei is the winner. Terumi rolls a 2, he survives and his Death Counter is increased by 1.

Suguri SP vs. Shinobu, Turn 1

Suguri SP: Occupy 25. Beam Knives 20.

2 direct hits, 1 side hit. 1 side graze, 1 far graze. Counter nulls 1 direct hit.

Loses 12 HP. Gains 22 energy.

HP: 18/30

Energy: 72/132

Shinobu: Occupy 30. Lightning Burst 25.

0 hits. 0 grazes.

Loses 0 HP. Gains 11 energy.

HP: 27/27

Energy: 61/148

Suguri SP

Suguri took only a moment to asses what was happening. She recognized her opponent, after all they'd been in close proximity moments before. It didn't seem abyss was going to give them a choice in fighting, so she simply accepted that it had to be this way if she were to return to her duties. "It doesn't seem we have a choice but to fight." she called, "I don't have anything against you, but I have to go back." She hoped that would be enough to prevent any hard feelings as she charged forward to slice at her foe with her beam knives. Unfortunately for her, she completely missed. She managed to raise her knives in a counter stance just in time to block the first of the electrical bolts that flew her way, but she couldn't defend against the full attack.

Terumi

When Terumi began firing again, his snakes came out, more intense than before, meeting Rei's missiles head on and causing them to explode. As this happened, Terumi was, after a few moments, clearly getting frustrated as the smoke began to block his vision, not even being able to see the hits that landed, "Come on, COME ON! You having fun yet? ARE YOU?! I wonder how LONG you can keep this shit up. How much juice have you got in there huh? Hopefully enough to rival a-" Was all he managed to get out before four missiles broke through the onslaught of snakes, barely giving Terumi time to react before they collided with him, causing a massive amount of dust to be thrown into the air.

... After a bit though, the dust died down... And in the middle of it was Terumi, barely able to stand upright as four large holes were blown into his body. But, instead of blood, dark green energy began to leak out, floating into the air and dissipating. Terumi himself staggered, coughing a bit and causing a bit of blood to drip from his mouth. After a few seconds though, he actually grinned, looking directly at Rei,

"I'm not going to forget this, you know. Just be glad that She's the only thing keeping me from killing you outside this shit..." Terumi stated. Then, despite the pain he was in, he stumbled forward, hunching over... And laughing. Quietly at first, but soon enough, he had reared back, laughing as if he was enjoying the pain, all while his body began to break into dark green mist.

And then, after a few seconds of his laughter, Terumi's body suddenly exploded, the mist quickly dissipating after the main body was gone.

He'd be back, that was for sure, and he wasn't going to forget Rei's face.

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY

"I wouldn't be doin' this if I didn't have to. But I'm also not going to lay down and lose." Shinobu shook her head as she leapt into action, sidestepping her opponent's strike and blasting her with an assault of magical lightning. Seemed all the practice had paid off; she hadn't even had to bob and weave. Still, this wasn't supposed to be what danmaku was about. It's for fighting with your friends, having fun, and when it comes to it, STOPPING people from dying. How that got twisted into these death matches was beyond her.

Suguri SP vs. Shinobu, Turn 2

Suguri SP: Occupy 24. Beam Knives 30.

0 hits. 0 grazes. 

Loses 0 HP. Gains 8 energy.

HP: 18/30

Energy: 80/132

Field: Groundbroke [30, 31, 33, 34, 35]

Shinobu: Occupy 27. Earthshatter 32.

1 side hit. 2 direct grazes, 3 side grazes, 1 far graze.

Loses 13 HP. Gains 70 energy.

HP: 14/27

Energy: 131/148

Suguri SP

Nothing more needed to be said. Neither of them was happy about this, but neither was willing to back down either. Suguri ducked aside from her opponent's seismic assault and countered with a set of rapid slashes from her knives before jumping back once more. They'd both taken some hefty hits, it seemed unlikely this would go on much longer. Suguri readied her knives for one last charge. Yet even more significantly, for the first time in millennia, she felt happy.

Akemi vs. Mokou, Turn 2

Akemi: Occupy 20. Curtain Call 25.

1 side hit. 2 far grazes.

Loses 19 HP. Gains 6 energy.

HP: 26/45

Energy: 69/138

Mokou: Occupy 22. Phoenix Talons 24.

0 hits. 0 grazes.

Loses 0 HP. Gains 8 energy.

HP: 4/15

Energy: 94/142

Suguri SP vs. Shinobu, Turn 3

Suguri SP: Occupy 24. Beam Knives 24.

1 direct hit, 1 side hit. 2 direct grazes, 1 side graze, 5 far grazes. Counter nulls 1 direct hit.

Loses 23 HP. Gains 38 energy.

HP: 0/30

Energy: 118/132

Field: Groundbroke [30, 31, 33, 34, 35]

Shinobu: Occupy 27. Torakuma Five-Step Fist! 25. Uses 80 Energy

3 direct hits, 1 side hit. 1 side graze, 4 far grazes.

Loses 91 HP. Gains 25 energy.

HP: 0/27

Energy: 76/148

Both players are reduced to 0 HP, Suguri landed more direct hits than Shinobu, thus she is the winner. Shinobu rolls a 3, she survives and her Death Counter is increased by 1.

Suguri SP

Suguri dashed in one last time and was surprised when she was met not by a ranged attack, but a fist flying towards her. She raised one of her daggers in an attempt to parry and swung the other at her opponent. Though she managed to reflect its course slightly, the punch still managed to graze her shoulder, sending her flying. Everything went dark and the word WIN flashed across her vision. She wasn't sure how, but by some miracle she'd managed to win out despite the power of her opponent's assault.

Shinobu had been convinced that she'd won: her fist clipped her opponent, but getting clipped by an oni's punch was rather akin to getting clipped by a bus. Then she felt the searing pain from the daggers that sunk into her for a split second before a massive "3" flashed before her eyes, and everything went dark.

Akemi vs. Mokou, Turn 3

Akemi: Occupy 18. Curtain Call 23.

1 side hit. 2 far grazes.

Loses 19 HP. Gains 6 energy.

HP: 7/45

Energy: 75/138

Mokou: Occupy 25. Phoenix Talons 22.

1 direct hit, 2 far hits. 1 side graze, 1 far graze.

Loses 43 HP. Gains 16 energy.

HP: 0/15

Energy: 110/142

Mokou has been reduced to 0 HP, she does not use her revive, Akemi is the winner. Mokou has no Death Counter.

All players are returned to the location they were in before combat began, as if they hadn't even left in the first place.

Rei looked around as she was suddenly back where she was. It'd been closer than she'd liked - while she hadn't appeared to have any injuries on the outside, almost as if she was unharmed (probably making  Terumi angrier), she'd barely been standing as the yellow butt made his speech about how he'd try to kill her. But now she was fine and back in that place. She finished off the drink she'd been having at the time, before looking around with a grin. "...Wellll I just kicked yellow-butt's ass. How about the rest of ya?"

Terumi

For a while, only blackness filled the space that occupied Terumi's being, at least after he exploded. Then, everything came rushing back, and Terumi found himself stumbling forward as he took in a sharp breath. Experiencing death for the second time in a row was not fun... Especially when it was by some brat he barely even knew. If this shit wasn't a damn game, Terumi would've killed that damn brat five times over, and it was because of that Terumi's agitation for both Abyss and the other girl.

He was out of his element, and they knew it. They ALL knew it. That was his biggest problem. He'd have to even the playing field, and that meant learning how to fight better. He had a limited amount of lives, a minimum of two, if that bracelet was any indication, and that meant he'd have to make the most of it. Now that he truly understood the stakes, Terumi begin to move again, this time looking very, VERY carefully at the town around him. He'd have to find anything he could use to his advantage, even if it was just some bits of knowledge.

He was NOT losing again, that was for sure.

"I got my ass kicked. Dunno how. I hit her with my punch and everything, and I've turned trees into paper doing that before. Not literally, they just blow apart into a million pieces, but you know what I mean." She shook her head. "Knew I shoulda practiced more. Gotta keep moving, though, especially if stuff keeps going at this rate." She didn't want to complete the thought; if she kept losing, she'd be dead sooner rather than later, and Shinobu didn't want to worry her sister with the thought. 

Suguri SP

Suguri rubbed her shoulder and groaned. She couldn't remember the last time she felt pain. "Regardless of the fight's outcome, I think you turned my shoulder into paper." She looked around. They seemed to all be back right where they left off. She faced her former foe and gave a short bow. "You've every reason to ignore me, but my offer of working together still stands."

Terumi

Terumi's search lead him to an area of the stone town far distinct from the rest. The buildings here were nothing special, but the inhabitants were definitely of note. They moved about in small cluster of two to four and eyed him with deep suspicion. Apparently strangers were unwelcome here.

"You must be all kinds of crazy comin' to this part of town after a pitiful showing like that." A deep voice spoke out from behind Terumi. The source of the voice was a bald, dark-skinned man adorned with tattoos and a pair of sunglasses. He hadn't been there when Terumi walked past mere moment's before. A large hand clad in gold rings held a cigar to to the man's face. He lowered it to continue speaking. "Or is that why you're here? Come lookin' to make a deal with the devil?" A smirk crossed his lips as he raised the cigar back up to meet them.

Terumi

Terumi didn’t pay much mind to the change in scenery, and sure as hell didn’t care about the people watching him. He didn’t view them as important, and so he himself merely gave them a small glare as he moved by, and left it at that. The only thing that DID make Terumi stop was a sudden voice behind him, causing him to stop and turn around with a raised eyebrow.

Then, upon hearing the man, who he had already labeled as a washed-up punk in his own mind, and their question, Terumi couldn’t help but narrow his eyes, “Kch… That ‘display’ was a case of luck on that brat’s part” he stated, turning around fully and dropping into a more relaxed pose, both hands shoved into his pockets, “... But I am looking around for something to make sure that shit doesn’t happen again” Terumi stated. Whoever this guy was, Terumi had the feeling that they WERE someone of importance, and he knew that he couldn’t just ignore every single thing he came across.

Rodin

The man's smirk widened slightly. "Seems your attitude matches your coat." He pointed his thumb over his shoulder at the building behind him. Painted on in an artistic script was the establishment's name, The Gates of Hell. "But you came to the right place, come inside and I'll get you a drink, first one's on the house."

Sheriff

Sheriff didn't know his way around, let alone where the alien girl might have gone. He knew there was some hotel place nearby since their host was going to lead them there. He also knew the location of the latrine. The chances of finding the girl in either of those places seemed slim. The locals didn't seem too fond of him either, but it seemed like he'd have to ask around if anyone had seen the girl.

Terumi

At the man’s response, Terumi’s eyes narrowed even further, having registered yet ANOTHER insult to his coat. At this point, he was convinced that this entire damn place just didn’t have much material to run off of. But, after a second, Terumi shrugged, then wordlessly began to move past the man and towards "The Gates of Hell".

Sounded like a comfy place.

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY

• 3 weeks later...

Rodin

The inside of the Gates of Hell was fully furnished with no hint of the dull stone that populated the rest of the town. The proprietor walked over and stood behind a wooden bar with a row of stools in front of it. The wall behind him was largely hidden by a multitude of glass bottles, each containing a different alchoholic beverage. "What'll it be?" The man asked Terumi as the latter took his place at the bar.

Shinobu nodded and returned the bow in that order. "I'm definitely up for working together to get out of this hellhole. As hellholes go it's pretty terrible, honestly." Shinobu herself wasn't sure if that was supposed to be a joke or not. "There's gotta be some kind of way back home, right?"

Suguri SP

Suguri smiled, though it was laced with a hint of grimace, at her new ally's response. "I hope so." Her tone sounded lonely, "I think proper introductions are in order. My name is Suguri."

(OOC: Pawning Sheriff off on Sakuya, GoG. Nibiiro is being fed cookies at Saki's, Sakuya was the easiest choice for a quick redirect. Just post assuming Sheriff described Nibiiro)

Sheriff and Sakuya

Sheriff had a devil of a time with his search. Near none of the other residents would talk to him, and those that would had no knowledge of the girl he described. It was beginning to seem like a lost cause when he happened upon a maid in blue...