[IC] Bullet Hell

Shamitako

Sakuya

In all honesty, Sakuya wasn't exactly expecting anything special from today. Aside from seeing a new match, with two people she had never seen before, a man in a yellow coat and an oni, there wasn't exactly much that really had caught her attention. Well, except that little girl with an alien mask on her head. Saki seemed to enjoy her company enough. That was something Sherrif could be thankful for, that Sakuya did remember that specific girl, because as she walked through the streets, she overheard someone asking around for a girl, who's description matched rather accurately to that girl, causing Sakuya to alter her course towards them,

"Excuse me" Sakuya said as she approahced them, just as Sherrif finished asking his most recent person, "I overheard you asking around for someone that I believe I recognize. Are they silent? Rather shy?" she asked.

Terumi

For the most part, Terumi merely glanced around at the Gates of Hell, noting the shift in scenery and how pleasant it managed to look, compared to the plain stone outside at least. However, when the man asked what Terumi wanted, the latter simply pushed out a stool with his foot, then sat down, "Honjozo-shu sake. If you don't have that then whatever hell you happen to have, as long as it's somewhat strong" Terumi said without hesitation, resting his arms on the counter.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheriff tipped his hat. He didn't want to seem to pissed off about fucking everyone in this town being as unhelpful as possible. That would just be rude.

"Yes ma'am, about this tall, dresses up like one of those little grey men?"

He gestures to show about Nibiiro's height.

Edited by kj1225

Sheriff barely got a nod from Sakuya. His only physical cue that Sakuya heard him was the fact that she glanced back at him for the briefest moment, "I see. You must come from a very different world than mine" she stated, her gaze shifting back to the front of her person, "... I take it you're a newer arrival to this place?"

Sheriff nods. Sakuya hears a thump as Sheriff realizes that she can't see him before responding verbally.

"I don't even remember the world I'm from... but yeah, I'm a newer arrival. Gotta admit, the portals never took me here before..."

Rodin

"You've got good taste." The bartender said, pouring Terumi a glass. "So what's your name, Yellow-jacket?"

Suguri SP

Suguri shook her head. "Not even that yet." She told Shinobu, "Right now I'm just trying to stay alive." Before she could even think about a solution to their situation, Suguri wanted to find a source of food and shelter, which likely meant a job of some kind. She supposed that in itself was a sort of plan and decided to share it. "Above all else, we need food and shelter. Once that's accounted for, we can start trying to figure this place out and look for an escape."

Terumi

"... Terumi" Terumi responded after a brief second, grabbing his glass and taking a quick drink, which he had to admit was pretty good, "Yuuki Terumi" he finished after taking his drink, placing the glass back down on the counter.

Sakuya

Sheriff couldn't exactly see it, but Sakuya did frown ever slightly at the mention of the death duels. She had already seen new arrivals fight, but she had to question why she was one of the few who had never been placed in a match. She couldn't exactly LEAVE if she never got a chance to win, could she?

"Are you referring to another newcomer? One with a yellow cloak?" Sakuya asked, merely out of curiosity. She had a feeling she knew exactly who Sheriff was talking about.

"Makes sense. We were going to ask, uh, what was their name, Saki about that, right?" Shinobu turned her head toward Mokou. "Think that's where you were leading us before we got whipped away to kill each other, right? May as well head out, especially if we don't get any actual warning as to when it's gonna happen."

Rodin

The barkeep chuckled, "Do you always act so serious, Terumi? You need to lighten up." He pressed the final remains of his cigar into a nearby ashtray. "But first, let's talk business." He said, his face suddenly darkening, "You seem like the ambitious type, probably think you can take down the queen bee herself. Right now you don't stand a chance in hell." He smirked. "But today's your lucky day, 'cause I've got just the thing to help you change that." He placed a pair of small knives on the table. The black blades were short and wide with very strait edges. The sides of the blades had intricate golden designs across them. They had small, rounded hilts, colored a very dark green, each attached to a long black chain. Terumi could feel a powerful and strange energy emanating from the weapons. "Since you ain't had the time to work up some cash, I'll put these babies on your tab. Alongside that next drink you were about to order."

Terumi

At the barkeeper's suggestion to 'lighten up', Terumi merely frowned a bit. At least, until they brought out the knives, causing him to raise an eyebrow as he grabbed the blade of one of the knives, flipping it to he was holding the handle, inspecting it closely, "... What the hell are these suppose to do?" he asked after a second of inspection. These were melee weapons, and from what he had seen so far, melee wasn't entirely recommended, since you were likely to get your ass handed to you before you even made it close to your opponent.

Which was bullshit, in his opinion.

Sakuya

"He did seem rather violent, in general. He was the first person I've seen here that made a clear death threat towards his opponent" Sakuya commented. Then, after a moment, she spoke again, "Why ARE you looking for this girl, anyway?" she asked.

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY

Rodin

"Lemme give ya a quick demonstration." The barkeep picked up one of the knives, loosely slotting the ring at the chain's end over his pinky. He then threw the blade past Terumi. Though on the table the chain couldn't have been more than a couple of feet long, it easily stretched the full length of the room. As it neared its target, a wooden chair near the door, the image of a snake formed around it in green and black energy. The snake-knife wrapped around the chair several times, digging its fangs into one of the legs. The barkeep waited a moment for Terumi to take in what had happened before flicked his wrist back just slightly, causing the chair to fly through the air. It whizzed past Terumi's face and the barkeep deftly caught it. He held it in the air over the bar. The chain was wrapped around it twice and the knife embedded in its leg.

Mokou

The guide nodded to acknowledge Shinobu and then exited the building. She led the group down the road a short way to where it ended at a T shaped junction. Directly ahead was a rather large building. It was one of the few two-story buildings the group had seen, and its base was five times as wide as the average building (thus far most buildings seemed to be little beyond single room huts) and likely at least as long.

The group was led across the street into that huge building, entiring a door at the front right corner. The room inside had the standard dimensions and was furnished with several sets of deep red wooden tables with matching chairs. A door led out the back, presumably further into the building.

Sitting at one of the tables was the girl with the alien mask who had run off when they first arrived. She was happily nibbling away at a cookie and didn't notice the newcomers' arrival. A dull metal plate with several more cookies on it sat next to her on the table, as well as a pad of paper and a pencil.

Terumi

When the barkeeper threw the knife, Terumi merely tilted his head to the side to let it pass by him, his gaze following it as he flew through the air. For a second, he was a bit surprised by the length that the knife was able to fly, since there was still change, but that surprise was quickly overshadowed when the knife turned into the image of a snake, wrapping around the chair and biting it, allowing the barkeeper to yank it back and catch the air with one little flick, with Terumi barely flinching to the chair suddenly flying past his face.

For a second afterwards, Terumi was silent, looking at the barkeeper from the side, as if contemplating. Then, he finally figured it out, shaking his head as he let out a small 'heh', then began to inspect the knife more closely, "Well damn, didn't think my shit would be here. How the hell did you manage to get a hold of my Nox? Or a least replicate it?" he asked. Then, his look darkened, "... And is how effective would it BE here?"

Sakuya

At that, Sakuya merely shook her head, a small smile forming on her face, "I don't find it strange at all. In fact, my Lady had the same mindset as you when she was defeated once" she commented, remembering Miss Scarlet and her own attempts to befriend that Shrine Maiden, Reimu. Of course, after she said that, Sakuya realized her mistake, causing her to sigh, "Sadly, she's not here now, though I wouldn't be surprised if my current employer had the same code as you do. Speaking of which..." Sakuya added, suddenly stopping in front of a large building (A very large one, by the way), turning to Sheriff as she folded her arms, "This is where I work. Your friend should be just inside" she added, stepping up to the door, opening it and...

Suddenly freezing as she saw a group of people she had never seen before standing there, with only one familiar figure standing with them, "Ah... Mokou, I see you're showing some newcomers around?" she asked, stepping forward to let Sheriff into the room.

Edited by GodofGamingRWBY

Sheriff tilts his hat to the maid.

"Thank you kindly."

With that he walks in moving so that he approaches his target from the front. He keeps his hands away from his weapons to seem more friendly. Then he stops at the table.

"Howdy, mind if I sit here?"

Suguri SP

Suguri wasn't quite sure how to respond to her new location. It seemed the proprietor was away, so she couldn't speak with them. And the nervous girl from before didn't seem like she would be much help. But then a woman in a maid outfit entered with the strange fellow that ran off before. "Hello." She spoke to the maid, "Are you Saki?"

Nibiiro

"...!" Eep! Nibiiro jumped at her former opponent's sudden appearance. Cautiously, she nodded her head. Having just finished a cookie, she picked up another and took a miniscule bite from it. All the while she kept her eyes trained on the creature she had just fought with. She already knew they couldn't fight again out here, but that didn't stop her from being nervous.

"You two know each other?" Shinobu asked the mostly-rhetorical question as she walked into the establishment, glancing around quickly to assess her surroundings. "And, to add to her question," she jerked her head in the direction of Suguri, "do you know where people find places to stay around here? And jobs, since I guess I'll be needing money and probably won't be able to just sell gourd sake to everyone."

Saki

Before Sakuya could answer, a girl came through the far door carrying another plate of cookies. She had yellow hair tied back in a short ponytail, wore a long yellow coat with jeans and tennis shoes, and seemed quite pleased with herself. She immediately noticed the growing crowd in her B&B and smiled at them. "Welcome to Saki's Bed and Bakery. I'm Saki, I run the place." She set the plate down on a nearby table. "Hello Mokou, welcome back Sakuya, and nice to meet y-" She froze as she looked at one of the newcomers. "S-Suguri? Suguri is that really you?"

Suguri SP

Suguri's eyes narrowed. "How do you know my name?" She asked. She had never seen this yellow-clad girl before, at least as far as she knew. Yet Saki seemed so certain in her recognition. Although Suguri didn't know Saki, it was very clear that Saki knew her. And thus, Suguri wanted to know how.

Sakuya

Just as Sakuya was about to reply to the white haired Oni, Saki suddenly entered the room with yet another plate of cookies, seeming to recognize one of the newcomers. A second after Suguri asked her own question, Sakuya sighed, rather slightly, their question being answered already, "It's a rather long story, but Mokou and I have met before either of us were dragged into this place. Even then, she generally brings in new arrivals here to get settled down, since Miss Saki runs a room rental service here as well" she stated, looking back at the Oni, "As for jobs... Well, most businesses here are always looking for help, so it shouldn't be too hard to find someone willing to hire you" she added after a moment of thought, closing the door to the bakery and folding her hands in front of herself.