[IC] TotMV:G^2: Clash of Fate: The Barracks (Social/Prep Phase)

Chevaleresse

Solomon scratched his chin after hearing the woman's necklace talk, and he pointed square at the necklace before saying "Who is that? And how did you manage to convince a spirit to inhabit a necklace? Or is this some advanced computer thing?".

He then turned to face the little girl from earlier to say "But no seriously, I think you can ask her how her necklace works while telling or showing us where your Dad is".

Bridgett did not know what to do as the little girl got really close her and with Solomon pointing at her. Her face got redder then before and her breathing got faster.

Mornings Arrow sensing this chimed again. " Please back away from  My Lady." It said as it's glow got a little brighter in warning as different symbols appeared in the crystal in the the center of the pendant.

Halley gave up on the book and turned her eyes back to reality. She figured that she should just return the book to Solomon.

Everyone had already dispersed around the fortress, but she could see him walking into the barracks, so she followed.

Once close enough, she simply returned the book to him by pushing it against him. She turned to the little girl standing before Solomon. "Oh. Sorry for interrupting your... thing." She backed away, keeping a safe distance away from the two.

Solomon decides to heed the wisdom contained within an old and not well known enough German word and maintains just enough tact to not get hit in the face by physically backing off from Bridgett...despite him already maintaining a distance that he thinks is enough to respect the concept of private space, but let's face it, some people just don't want to be pointed at.

He responded to Halley by making the book perform a common and easily done trick, and that is to make it disappear...and reappear directly on top of the person again, he chose not to turn his back to the horror movie character just to say one sentence to Halley "It is rude to return gifts".

The girl took half of one of her very small steps back, the glowing symbols seemed to interest her more the ward her off.

She turned her head to look at Solomon at an odd angle, silver eyes as piercing as ever “Don’t worry, Daddy will be here to help me find the angels soon.”

She then returned her gaze to the glowing necklace device.

Ever heard the saying ‘Speak of the Devil and he shall appear’?

Just at that moment Friedhold walked into the barracks and quickly made his way over to where the group was talking.

“So this is where you went?” he said to the girl who turned around with some excitement “Are we going to go find angels now?”

“Not now, I said not even an hour ago we’d find them later.” He turned to the adults in the group “I apologize if she caused you any trouble, she is an odd child.”

Edited by StormLord

"You clearly don't know me enough, if that's a gift," Halley took the book off her head. She really wanted to just throw the book at him, but that would probably backfire easily. "Unless, well, you're going to explain this book to me."

Solomon reacted to the horror movie set piece's 'father' wandering into the scene by hesitantly turning just enough to face Halley and say "I know that you tried to assassinate a certain someone and failed miserably....the book is supposed to help you with that problem".

Immediately after saying that he quickly turned to face the little girl from earlier and motions at her 'father' to say "Euphemism are nice aren't they?".

Bridgett's breathing slowed down as the girl backed away from her.

"Are you okay My Lady?" Mornings Arrow chimed its usual monotone voice sounding a bit more concerned then normal.

"Y...yeah." Bridgett managed to say. She looked up to the man who just came over. "I...its okay she was just asking about angels and Mornings Arrow." She managed to say with a light smile her face still looking a bit flushed.

Edited by rustytengo

On 7/9/2017 at 9:51 PM, Twinwolf said:

Hikari

"Sounds like it... I was here with the first batch. Uh... did anyone explain the reason you're here to you yet? Not like, here-here, I mean in the group as a whole."

"No, not really." Nessie said, "I was told it was to fight. Not really sure what against, I've just been following what everyone else does." Nessie was still very uncomfortable fighting, but she didn't really know how to stay out of it unless she left. And she hadn't gotten the impression she could leave.

Friedhold:
He sighed and shook his head slightly then looked at the group and said "Well, I hate to run away so quickly, but we have food waiting for us out in the courtyard."

He then took the hand of the child and they made their way back towards the courtyard, the little girl mumbling about angels the whole way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morgan:

After finishing his project Morgan packed up his things and cleaned off the table he was using, "No need to leave a mess behind right?"

While he appreciated the relative peace and quiet of the barracks for his work now that he was done the place seemed kinda boring.  He needed to go out and find something to doinstead of sitting in here doing nothing.

So he made his way as silently as possible out of the barracks and into the courtyard.

Solomon had continued to wildly gesture at Halley before she left by saying "It is a very useful piece of study material, and at the very least you can try to pawn it off to someone around here...say that it is a useful compendium of popular methods of assassinations and how to defend against them or something".

Immediately after saying that he walked back over to Bridgett and said "I'll see you later then" before walking out of the barracks and into the courtyard.

Edited by Cronos5010

Bridgett waved good by to the people she was talking to. After a few moments Mornings Arrow spoke up. "My Lady why do you not go with them?" Is asked 

"They don't need me to be there. There at plenty who are better at what ever they would need." Bridgett replied

"Your lonely My Lady I can tell. If you don't interact then you will never stop being lonely." Mornings Arrow chimed once more.

"I'm not lonely I have you. Besides I'm use to being lonely. I had to stay home by myself for long time." Bridgett said looking a bit sad.

"If that is My Lady's wish....." Mornings Arrow trailed off "....then maybe you should get different reading material." It finished 

"I...I...my books are fine." Bridgett said with a slight blush and a light giggle as she went back to reading her book.

Victoria and Hikari

Going around and grabbing people, Victoria pops into the barracks/mess hall. "Hey, whoever's in here with the... travelers, I guess? Everyone's needed in the courtyard. Preferably now. I'll explain on the way back."

Hikari, hearing this, hastily wolfs down whatever is left of her food, and stands up. "Sounds like we've got to go, Nessie." 

Nessie

It seemed an explanation would be yet again delayed. Nessie stood up and shrugged it off, she'd been following this long, a little longer wouldn't hurt. She followed Hikari towards the courtyard. Excalibur trailed at her side; somehow it felt heavier than usual.

Bridgett really didn't hear Victoria tell them to go to the courtyard. Do to her being very into the book she was reading.

"My Lady." Mornings Arrow chimed to snap her out of her reading. 

"Umm...wait what" Bridgett asked looking confused at why Mornings Arrow talked.

"The people hear where told to go back to the courtyard." If replied.

"Oh...okay i will head over then."Bridgett said as she closed her book and left to the courtyard.

• 3 months later...

Mitsurugi found herself, rather than sitting down and meditating as she intended, pacing back and forth across the barracks. She walked with a measured, regal step, but it was still unmistakably pacing. There was too much to think about, too many problems facing the group right now, for her to have the luxury of relaxing before the next battle. Not that what she was doing helped with the preparations in the slightest, which she knew. She also knew deep down what would happen if she did try to meditate, the thoughts that kept getting forced up to the surface rather than - no, thinking of that would only make the problem worse. Abruptly, she quit her back-and-forth, and headed into an open room that seemed to have been used for sparring once. She drew her blade, and started to slowly move into a series of poses, golden eyes closed; a sort of drill she'd learned long ago.

Navin entered the barracks a few seconds after Mitsurugi did, having taken a few seconds to collect his thoughts, but enter he did (and unknowingly with Empi in tow). While the strikingly-junpsuited man didn't know why Mitsurugi had entered the barracks, just in case it was a sensitive matter, he entered softly and looked around slowly -- were she in fact in the middle of anything that she wouldn't want unterrupted, he didn't want to do so. Eventually, he did find the goddess, in the middle of some blade drill. Initially, he was unsure if this did count as something he ought not interrupt, but after indecisively watching her move through her graceful poses for a few seconds he came to a conclusion.

Gently, Navin cleared his throat. "Excuse me...?"

Edited by Powder Miner

Mitsurugi turned with a smooth motion, settling into a pose with her sword positioned near her hip as if she were ready to draw it out of the sheath sitting next to it. A ready pose, meant to emulate iaijutsu. She only held it for the briefest moment before straightening up and sheathing her weapon; with the click of the guard meeting the end of the sheath, her eyes flicked open and settled upon Navin. "Yes?" Her tone was smooth, betraying no emotion. She wasn't truly angry at him, despite what he may fear; however, the man could stand to be more aware in conversation. 

Navin hadn't actually been worrying about Mitsurugi getting angry (she didn't seem like the type of person to do so from the conversation he'd had), but he had been worrying that his presence would maybe remind her of the unpleasant outcome of that in the first place. Still, if that was the case she seemed to be handling it well, not that he frankly could tell at all what she was thinking, with the perfect smoothness of her voice. He wavered for a couple of seconds, before he sighed audibly and spoke, trying to put it delicately: "Ah, miss Saigai, I... well, I came to apologize, for my behavior earlier. Miss Powderbelle made me aware of exactly the way in which I had... uh... well, she used a rather explicit term for it, but, failed." How did he specifically acknowledge his fault without reminding her of specifically what he'd made the mistake of reminding her of last time, oh god(s), "So... I have to apologize for the... obliviousness with which I approached our previous conversation. I had not really been noticing anything at all, though I should have."

Edited by Powder Miner

"I see." She nodded, once. "Mhasalkar, it is not your fault, however oblivious you may or may not have been." The start of the statement was still slightly awkward for her; knowledge of English or no, not using honorifics at the end of names was still awkward for the woman. "My. . . emotional instability, is not your concern. I appreciate your thought, however." It still stung some small part of her to admit her recently lacking self-control - someone of her previous station should not break down publicly like that - but refusing to acknowledge it was simply self-deception.  

Empi, for her part, resisted the urge to utter "Bullshit" at Mitsu's remark. Her emotional "instability" was the concern of the people who cared about her, and that included Empi and Navin and anyone who dared say they cared about Mitsu's wellbeing.

Still, she couldn't help but smile. Navin was getting the job done.

Navin pursed his lips after Mitsurugi spoke to absolve him of responsibility for the incident... it sure didn't feel like it wasn't his fault at all, and even if that was the sort of thing Navin had to admit he thought a lot, he really thought that she was owed an apology. He thought for a couple of seconds, nodded once to himself, nodded twice, and then began to speak.

"...no. Oh, er, my apologies, but no, I do not believe that I am not at least a little in the wrong here. It takes two people to have a conversation, after all." That wasn't usually the context in which his friend had tended to use that phrase back home, but Navin figured it applied well enough. "Ah, the social side of things has... never been my strongest suit, I am afraid."

"I won't insist upon taking the blame, so as you wish. I accept your apology." She nodded once, smoothly. "There's more to a person than their ability to speak pretty words." Difficulty with social situations. . . Mitsurugi supposed she could empathize, in a way. "Your words to me have hardly been the worst thing I have experienced when speaking with humans. You haven't thrust any symbols of foreign religions at me while chanting prayers, for one." It was hard to tell, but the corner of her mouth twitched up in what might have been a rueful smile. 

Spicy HG looks around for a few seconds, scanning the courtyard for any sign of the person described.

"I'm not seeing anyone who looks like that here, maybe she went into one of these side buildings?"

Once they finished floating towards the Barracks she would get up off the throne and walk over to the door, opening it slightly and starting to look inside.

"Maybe in here somewhere?

Solomon nodded and muttered a word of thanks at HG. Before he barged inside of the barracks with all of the grace and sophistication of a man with one foot being forced at gunpoint to breakdance in front of the queen. And he almost immediately ignored the presence of everyone else is he carefully scoured the entirety of the building with the help of HG. After a few moments had passed he would say "So I am a bit sorry if this sounds rude, but why are you named Spicy HG anyway? I mean I have heard of some rather ridiculous names...but that really takes the cake".

Edited by Cronos5010

She was smiling, so that was probably a good sign? "Heh, well--"

Solomon barged in, dragging one of the new people along, eliciting a briefly confused glance from Navin, but Navin worked with international superheroes, fought international supervillains, and his best friend was a Bollywood actor that got super strength and proceeded to take his character and be him when on superhero duty... yeah, that wasn't, comparatively, much of a sight. So Navin just continued. "Heh, well, I will simply say that you should be glad that I was the one who ended up in this group (not that I am attempting to brag here), and not instead a couple of the heroes I have had to work with. I have only ever seen religious symbols pulled out... mmm, perhaps once or twice by this one man from Islamabad, thinking upon it, but... well, I have most certainly seen some tension." Navin's vaguely nationalistic train of thought kind of trailed off, and then he kind of shrugged. Time to hope he wasn't driving her to distress again.

Edited by Powder Miner