Any anime suggestions?

Duster

Soooooo I need a new anime to watch. Something incredible, unbelievable, and undeniably awesome. Some of my favorite animes are (but not limited to)

Eden of the East

Gurren Laggan

Code Geass

Honey and Clover

Genshiken

Death Note

Mongolian Chop Squad

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

FLCL

Neon Genesis Evangalion

Paranoia Agent

Ouran High School Host Club

School Rumble

Gunslinger Girl

Yes, there is alot of variety. I enjoy a multitude of different styles of anime as long as there done well. And before this starts I have watched Full Metal Alchemist. I got about ten episodes into to it, and I did not think it was deserving of the hype that it gets. So unless you beg me and say that it really is worth sticking with, I probably won't deal with it.

So suggestions?

• Administrators

Check out Wolf's Rain~

An old myth tells that wolves, thought to be extinct for over two centuries, will open the road to Paradise when the world ends. The story follows a group of wolves- who have learned to disguise themselves and live among humans, as well as some of those humans themselves as they fight to uncover the secrets of that paradise in spite of the efforts of the ruling Nobles, who seek claim to it for their own interests.

FMA is meh, FMA Brotherhood= Amazing!

also i notice that your list lacks Full Metal Panic... you should change that, its not the best anime ever, but it is enjoyable

Lol I have seen Wolfs Rain I just forgot to put it up there XD

It was pretty good I enjoyed watching it

And Godot is Full Metal Panic part of the Full Metal Alchemist series?

Welp, going to try to equal what you love to something that relates to it.

Gurren Lagann and NGE: Gunbuster- It's the director's of Evangelion's first anime and it's done by the same studio. It mixes the themes and characters from Evangelion and adds in the overall badassery of TTGL. It's 6 episodes so it's pretty short. Check it out sometime.

Code Geass and Death Note: Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Really hard to explain it, it's an extremely intelligent anime that focuses on strategic battles on a much grander scale then either of the two anime have shown. It's 110 episodes though, so be prepared for an extremely long space opera. Though it's truly worth it.

Genshiken: Welcome to the NHK These two are very much alike due to them both showing the NEET otaku side of life. Though NHK goes into being more dark and philosophical route then Genshiken. It's also taking place in after high school so if you really want high school setting. Try Onani Master Kurosawa (manga) it's basically Welcome to the NHK but takes a parody of Death Note for the first half.

Honey and Clover is a very hard case due to me still reading it. Though if you want the same studio/director. Try Nodame Cantabile. It's more on the romance side and is more focused on music then it is art. So take that in mind, but if you are looking for something in art school. Hidamari Sketch is there for you, man. Be prepared to have a destroyed nut bladder at the end of it.

Beck: Hard to explain since I haven't seen it. So I'm just going to throw music anime at you. K-ON (Second season/movie have a fuckload of more music. Light music/pop punkish kind of music) Nodame Cantabile again (Classical music) Detroit Metal City (Metal industry and making fun of it.) and Nana (Lesbians and hardcore punk rock I believe, I haven't seen it though)

Haruhi: Depends on what you liked about it. Which is hard as fuck to due since Haruhi is probably one of the most unique anime when you take a hardcore look at it.

Bakemonogatari captures a well written tsundere and supernatural elements of the show.

Hyouka is more of how Kyon is molded, though not as awesome as him.

Clannad has Kyon's roots in terms of being a jackass and not giving a fuck. but Clannad is way more emotional then Haruhi.

Throwing out a rec from something I love: Aria and Kino's Journey.

These two explore their setting and make it the focus of the show, which makes it turn into something beautiful. Aria is more laid-back and more calm and soothing so it's best to watch when relaxed. Kino's Journey is more philosophical on the other hand. Both are some of my favorite shows of all time so give them a watch.

Also, FMA and FMP are related no way possible outside of the name. It's like comparing them to Full Metal Jacket.

If you don't mind what sort of anime it is, I would recommend Baccano!, which is a really underrated, clever, hilarious (Miria and Isaac best comedy duo ever), anime. It's set in the mid 1900's in America, on a train (to begin with), and while the seperate stories can confuse you, they'll all come together at the end. Not to mention, it's full of action, comedy, and heck quite a lot of different things, but it's very entertaining and gripping.

Btw I recommend the dubbed version so it actually feels like it's actually set in early-mid 1900s america.

On a side note, Durarara! and Baccano! are made by the same company, so just pointing that out to Skeleton :3

Seconding Baccano. The way it tells it's story is fucking beautiful, it places in all the timelines together and it's easy to piece out. It's like how Durarara is with all the characters excepted executed much better and tells a better narrative. Though it's really not underrated. It's quite popular with anime fans. It's really worth it, though the first episode is very slow due to introducing events.

Awesome thanks for all the help Cyrus. I have seen Welcome to the NHK and yet again also enjoyed it, felt it was really underrated.

Damn now I have decide between what everyone has suggested... Baccano sounds really interesting so I may start with that

Thanks again everyone I really appreciate the help

• 1 year later...

If you liked Code Geass, try Valvrave! It's ongoing, but it may or may not be done next week.

I'd also like to second the notion that FMA Brotherhood is much better than FMA.

One of my favorites is Gosick, but not everyone is a huge fan of that... it's not super actiony like some anime are.

Edited by Undying Phoenix